Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 PM

some of the most boring books I've ever read or tried to read are:
tale of two cities- I didn't get past first chapter
1984- a very depressing book

Thats it I think or I've repressed the other boring books.

Aggressive Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-26-2007, 11:09 PM

For me the most boring book was written by one of Russian classics... um... like Tolstoy. I couldn't read his War and Piece till the end DX So many useless descriptions.

troutess

Old 12-29-2007, 11:56 PM

george orwell is apparently not very popular here. i loved animal farm ):

i mean, animals! soviet union! history!

with that said, i agree with a few of you in the early pages of this thread, i don't think anyone should disregard a book entirely because it doesn't at first appeal to you. there's always something you can like, unless you loathe the book on principle, which is probably the case for some outside factor.

who knows. but, more on topic, i've never been able to finish a tom clancy novel. o:

AvengedxxAngel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to AvengedxxAngel Send a message via MSN to AvengedxxAngel

Old 12-30-2007, 12:01 AM

I had to read a book called Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury last year for English.
I thought that was kind of boring
D:

Anyakan
iObject!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:58 AM

The Giver.. Had to read that in grade school. It was a miserable, depressing, dull, and dreary book that had very few uplifting parts to make up for the hours of reading while being bored to tears. -_-

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Wow. I actually thought war of the worlds was interesting. I haven't really read any boring books yet, because I read the blurb to see if it's right for me. Most boring books are the ones which don't have conflict ALL THE TIME. A story needs to have conflict every second through. Otherwise there is no point in reading it. Most people judge a book by its cover, in books and in people too. That's what really pisses me off.[/color]