kymest
De-activated

Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM

it happened to me a lot with the maximum ride books and the harry potter books :D

Dezzy Love
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 AM

That happens to me each year over summer. My dad takes me and my siblings to the Tattered Cover Book Store and we each get either two or three books. I either pick a new book or a book in a series/trilogy/chronicles and they're generally all very good. I sit all day in my bedroom or in the living room and read. I get sucked into everything and I just can't stop reading! It's way too good. The only time I stop is when my dad tells us it's dinner. But even then I don't stop reading. I countinue while eating. It's fun, not wanting to put a good book down.

Yuuki Cross
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 AM

How about that happened to me my last semester in school. I couldn't put down these series by Amelia Atwater Rhodes and all the books by the Vampire Diaries author. I read a lot of books that I couldn't put down. Too bad none of those were the required readings at school ^_^ Caused a bit of a problem come test time lol

AgnesGloom
*^_^*

Old 02-06-2010, 05:03 AM

I've been plowing my way through The Legend of Drizzt and Dragonlance series'. They're so good, I just love them!

Fallacious
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Fallacious

Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna View Post
TAMORA PIERCE!

DD:

The Goddess of Yesterday, The Two Princesses of Bamare, tons other!
it always happen. lots of books do that to me,
soo i usually end up sleeping later then i originally plan. xD
The Two Princesses of Bamare was this way for me, too. I haven't thought of that book in forever. I should try to track it down again.

Ella Enchanted, The Folk Keeper, Hawk Song, Neverwhere, A Game of Thrones, Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow... more books than I can count. I get sucked in and I will read for hours.

When I was in school I wouldn't let myself read during the school year of I wouldn't get my work done. So on Christmas break and what not I'd binge read. I think the record was 13 books, none of them under 300 pages.

Rhumbullion
The Rebel Prodigy
Send a message via AIM to Rhumbullion Send a message via MSN to Rhumbullion Send a message via Yahoo to Rhumbullion

Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 AM

Oh yes! I love this feeling! You just can't stop because you need to know more!

Being a bit of a bookworm, I have had this elicit love affair a few times but, the ones that stand out the most are American God by Neil Gaiman, Prey by Michael Crichton, Good Omens by once agian, Neil Gaiman, Howl's Moving Castle by...I forget the Author's name, and If Chins Could Kill: The Confessions of a B Movie Actor by the mightiest of mighties and the holiest of holiest *bows down* Bruce Campbell.

Last edited by Rhumbullion; 02-10-2010 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: I realized I wasn't done.

Kristyjnh
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

All the Shannara books by Terry Brooks, as well as The Wizard's first rule, and Anne Mcaffery's Dragonriders of Pern if you can get them in order.
Also if you're looking for a shorter read with fairytale-comedy, I'd advise The Enchanted Forest Chronicles. The first is Dealing With Dragons, and if you liked Gail Carson Levine's fairytale-comedy books(Ella Enchanted, The Princess Tales), you'll really enjoy these. I first read them in middle school, and when I read them again recently -I'm in college now- they had lost none of their luster.

Medu
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 AM

I do it quite a bit with books, especially if it's concerning a subject that I enjoy. Some times, I'll read a book after seeing the movie or musical based on it. I've done this five times: Mary Poppins, Wicked, National Treasure (a book series), Memoirs of a Geisha, and Cats (T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats).

I have read the Harry Potter series, but I was disappointed in the last couple of books, due to that some of the stuff (Horcurxes, the Hallows, Trelawney's prophecy about Harry) seemed to be pulled out of a hat. Granted, she said she planted clues, but it wasn't much-cloak in book one, diary in book two, and her second prophecy in book three, that was it, unless I've forgotten something. The last one was obvious-I would have been disappointed if she hadn't referenced the first prophecy at some point during the series.

toxicsugar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2010, 02:49 AM

Hasn't happened to me in QUITE a long time. The last book I flew through like that was the latest one from the Rachel Morgan series (Dead Witch Walking). It's a pretty good supernatural series. The true blood series (pre show--- Dead as a Doornail etc.) just didn't click with me after the first one. Come to think of it, a few of the Mercy Thomspon books (Blood Bound, Iron Kissed) were practically glued to my hands!

Formidable Dusk
I'm a duck on the inside~

Old 02-13-2010, 07:14 AM

There was one book that I read when I was still really little, that had something to do with bubble gum and baseball and it was so good that I stayed up until two in the morning to finish it.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2010, 07:39 AM

The last time that happened was back in high school when Cirque Du Freak came out. I haven't really read a book non-stop since then.

RavynMK
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 AM

this happens to me all the time... it's a terrible habbit or so everyone tells me... i even did it in school... and got a away with it to....

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 AM

Yes, specifically with the Dragonlance saga and Forgotten Realms. I also get hooked on Le Morte D'Arthur really fast. I must've read it like 50 times.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 AM

I've never experienced this with books within a few minutes of reading them. Usually it's about halfway through or so that I get really hooked and keep reading.
His Dark Materials and Divine by Choice have done that to me.

Nashawryn
Book Zombie
Send a message via Yahoo to Nashawryn

Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 AM

I've done that as well. The last book I read that did that to me was The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore which I read two weeks ago. I just couldn't put it down, and finished it within a day and a half. It's a hilarious book, and I couldn't stop laughing through the entire thing.