mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 05:28 AM

Well, I figured I might as well post here. Starving artist could always use the publicity. The trilogy is now combined into one, limited edition hardcover version!

Description: Risso’s three novels: "Of Karma & Chaos", "Lima Beans Equal Peace", and "The Someday Café" are combined into this spectacular, limited-edition collection for the first time.

Journey with Sam, Kate, and Lily as they each travel throughout the metaphysical world in order to finish their education with the help of the gods.

The vivid settings and haunting characters will dare you to question how the universe works. This is a collection that won't disappoint.

Link: Here

--------------------------+

Of Karma & Chaos
Description: Samuel Vartan has been a ordinary guy all his life. He never caused any trouble. This all changed at 12:38pm on Monday, February 19. This was the day that Jesus Christ was killed on the front steps of the largest cathedral in all of New York City.

Sam soon learns that all is not as it seems. Accompanied by a ragtag group of gods as his teachers, Sam departs on a journey of self discovery. As he fights through a strange and haunting amnesia, Sam discovers that the gods have been keeping secrets.

Can Sam unravel the mystery about his past to find out the truth before graduation? Only time will tell, and as Buddha told Sam, "Everything happens at the same, without lack of a better word, time."

Preview: Of Karma & Chaos
Link

Lima Beans Equal Peace
Description: In this thrilling sequel to "Of Karma & Chaos", Risso once again takes his reader on a fascinating journey through the metaphysical world. The vivid setting and haunting characters will draw you into a world where you are no longer certain of how the universe works.

Kate is the head of her class. Coincidentally, she is also the only student in the class. With the guidance of her teacher Athena, she looks forward to finishing her school year up with the highest of marks. However, Kate soon finds that studying to be a teacher is not as easy as she thought it would be.

Between Myles, a reluctant young man who is not fond of school, and Danielle, a woman who refuses to be reborn, Kate is beginning to doubt her abilities.

Can Kate find her own way before school ends? What of her two charges; can Kate help them? All that matters are four simple words: "Lima Beans Equal Peace."

Preview: Lima Beans Equal Peace

The Someday Cafe
Description: The intricately woven stories that sprouted in "Of Karma & Chaos" come to an epic conclusion in this, the final book of the trilogy. Filled with as much imagination and personal journey as the previous, "The Someday Cafe is sure to please.

Jesus and his father, Joe, have declared war on the other gods. It is the war to end all wars--and the universe! In this time of need, the gods have called upon their pupils for help. One student in particular, Lily, is most needed.

Lily's mind is filled with tidbits from her past, and the pasts of others. With a severe case of deja vu, Lily is finding many things too distracting to be bothered to help the gods. However, she soon learns that it is not a call for help she can ignore.

With the very universe itself crumbling around her, how can Lily hope to stand up to Jesus and his father? Only time will tell, and as Buddha told Sam...well, you know.

Preview: The Someday Cafe

Last edited by mocha_san; 06-23-2008 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: Added the limited edition book.

Sylria
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2007, 05:50 AM

Oh My Goodness!!!!! I have read your books! I can't believe that an author that I have read is on this forum! AWESOME!!!! I love your books! Once I started reading them, I couldn't put them down! I loved your use of symbolism, and your use of historic mythological/religious characters. It is so awesome! They are really good! I enjoyed them immensely! I think everyone should check them out! They are definitely worth reading! Keep writing! :)

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Wow, I wasn't expecting to find anyone who had even heard of my books on here XD

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Hm. The title 'From Hell, With Love' sounds familiar. I think my friend might have been reading it or talking about it. But. I'm going to have to go look for your books now. I need new random reads. xD

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abis
Hm. The title 'From Hell, With Love' sounds familiar. I think my friend might have been reading it or talking about it. But. I'm going to have to go look for your books now. I need new random reads. xD
I think you will have the most luck finding them online. I don't think they are in many brick and mortar bookstores.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 06-09-2007, 03:35 AM

Wow, it's neat to see that an author is on this forum. <3 Although I haven't heard of your works until now I'm interested in reading them now. Especially 'From Hell, With Love' I can't really get anything from online so I shall have to keep an eye out in bookstores maybe. ^^

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale Dragonheart
Wow, it's neat to see that an author is on this forum. <3 Although I haven't heard of your works until now I'm interested in reading them now. Especially 'From Hell, With Love' I can't really get anything from online so I shall have to keep an eye out in bookstores maybe. ^^
Aww, glad that you are interested!

Sleinah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 06-09-2007, 02:44 PM

Oh wow!!@__@ You're the author of those books? Amazing! I wish to be able to buy one of your books when I see it. Your books seem interesting to read by just reading the descriptions. Intriguing for me, I say.^^;

Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 PM

This is really quite bizarre, mocha_san, but I actually just recently saw your books during my regular Lulu trawling (what can I say? I love that site for so many reasons).

Once I've cleared through my other ten million books from there, I'll definitely look into it - especially From Hell, With LoveFrom Hell, With Love, I thought the blurb was interesting.

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter
This is really quite bizarre, mocha_san, but I actually just recently saw your books during my regular Lulu trawling (what can I say? I love that site for so many reasons).

Once I've cleared through my other ten million books from there, I'll definitely look into it - especially From Hell, With LoveFrom Hell, With Love, I thought the blurb was interesting.
Wow, really? XD I wish they hadn't had to change their pricing practices, I hate the new price of my book x.x;

Evilconqueso
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-09-2007, 07:26 PM

Stiiiiill waiting on Rae to send me my copy as a Christmas present.

And i'd joke that i'm surprised that you have fans, but i'm too busy being in shock.

...demmit.

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilconqueso

And i'd joke that i'm surprised that you have fans, but i'm too busy being in shock.

...demmit.
Aww XD

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 06-09-2007, 10:02 PM

Your titles sound familiar
and your descriptions sound pretty interesting i'll have to buy them with in the next few weeks and check back with you :D

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubasa Rose
Your titles sound familiar
and your descriptions sound pretty interesting i'll have to buy them with in the next few weeks and check back with you :D
I certainly hope you like them n_n

darkcheese
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-10-2007, 03:24 AM

I would like to read your publishings, do you have an excerpts?

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-10-2007, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcheese
I would like to read your publishings, do you have an excerpts?
http://www.lulu.com/content/516886
http://www.lulu.com/content/754272

Click the "Preview the book" underneath the cover image.

Audley
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-10-2007, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha_san
Wow, really? XD I wish they hadn't had to change their pricing practices, I hate the new price of my book x.x;
I spend a lot of time browsing Lulu - so much rubbish to get through to reach the good stuff, you know? (;

I didn't realise they had changed their pricing practices - how so?

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-10-2007, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha_san
I spend a lot of time browsing Lulu - so much rubbish to get through to reach the good stuff, you know? (;

I didn't realise they had changed their pricing practices - how so?
Ingram's threw a bitchfit about the fact that Lulu allowed members to price their books at whatever they wanted and threatened not to distribute any of the lulu books. This made lulu staff have to adjust the pricing to whatever it would be on a retail site, so this means all of the prices got jacked up really high. For instance, my book was $28.99, and now it is $44.95 on Lulu... which sucks. Luckily it didn't affect my paperback all that much.

kilyn
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilconqueso

...demmit.
This is Rae we're talking about. :] I'm too spacey. </3

I wants autographs, Mocha. >:0

Shikyo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM

Sounds interesting.

I might have to check them out.

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-10-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikyo
Sounds interesting.

I might have to check them out.
I hope you like them n_n

Ithir
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 PM

I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to look for Of Karma and Chaos.

It sounds terribly interesting. <3

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithir
I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to look for Of Karma and Chaos.

It sounds terribly interesting. <3
Hope you find it n_n I doubt you will though. The only brick and mortar store that has it that I know of is in Baltimore.

Ithir
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-11-2007, 05:54 PM

I went to Barnes and Noble, and they told me they've never heard of it. u.u;
Considering it's on their site...

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithir
I went to Barnes and Noble, and they told me they've never heard of it. u.u;
Considering it's on their site...
Since it is on their site, you can request them to order it for you. I'm not sure what you would need to give them to have them order it, as I've never ordered anything at an actual Barnes store. Maybe just the ISBN number? Or perhaps the web URL so they can see that it is on the corporate site, so it is listed in the store's catalog.