mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2008, 07:57 PM

The trilogy is now combined into one, limited edition hardcover version!

Description: Risso’s three novels: "Of Karma & Chaos", "Lima Beans Equal Peace", and "The Someday Café" are combined into this spectacular, limited-edition collection for the first time.

Journey with Sam, Kate, and Lily as they each travel throughout the metaphysical world in order to finish their education with the help of the gods.

The vivid settings and haunting characters will dare you to question how the universe works. This is a collection that won't disappoint.

Link: Here

stardust33
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-22-2008, 08:34 PM

*waves* Hey mocha_san I didn't know you came on menewsha :P

anyways your books look interesting I'll have to try and get my hands on them. ;)

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2008, 10:04 PM

Hey! Yeah, I've been on Mene for awhile now.

I hope you like them!

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 06-24-2008, 08:08 AM

Ah, you went through Lulu books. I've taken a class about publishing (mostly for Magazine Journalism), and we've heard from a few authors whom have published both through companies and through self-publishing. One lady in one of my classes was using Lulu I believe to publish her mixed media book with poetry and art. Your books sound quite interesting though, and I manage to get anything together, I might try to get one or something. I hope you are doing well though in your book sales... it can sometimes be hard to get enough money from writing, as I've understood from authors.

At least you didn't have to work on writing many query letters to big publishers (unless you did?), and you get to keep all of the rights on your ideas. (As big publishers I understand it will sometimes buy all rights from the author, but expect for you to write a new book every year or two, which can be overwhelming.)

Ocarina
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-24-2008, 04:09 PM

I've been researching, and have stumbled across your Threadless shirt, and your deviantArt page before anything else. ^_^ The design for the shirt is very cute, though the cover designs caught my eye, too.

I'm going for children's books. My mom aims to write them, while I illustrate. We're hoping the ideas come together soon enough that we can start working on something.

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooglebunny View Post
Ah, you went through Lulu books. I've taken a class about publishing (mostly for Magazine Journalism), and we've heard from a few authors whom have published both through companies and through self-publishing. One lady in one of my classes was using Lulu I believe to publish her mixed media book with poetry and art. Your books sound quite interesting though, and I manage to get anything together, I might try to get one or something. I hope you are doing well though in your book sales... it can sometimes be hard to get enough money from writing, as I've understood from authors.

At least you didn't have to work on writing many query letters to big publishers (unless you did?), and you get to keep all of the rights on your ideas. (As big publishers I understand it will sometimes buy all rights from the author, but expect for you to write a new book every year or two, which can be overwhelming.)

Yeah, traditional publishing just wasn't for me. The idea of sending out letters and proposals and waiting months (maybe years) was just a big turn-off. Plus, the book publishing industry in the US is pretty corrupt as it is. I never had a big pipe dream of selling millions of copies, so publishing with Lulu was the right choice for me. The only thing that mattered for me was that my work would be completed and out for people to buy.

The only thing that sucks about POD is that it gets a bad name from the people who simply write something and say "I'm done!" without editing or even proofreading it! I, on the other hand, had both a professional proofreader and editor go over my books, as I was paranoid that the book would come out full of errors. While not using a big publishing house, I still treated it as professionally as possible.

Last edited by mocha_san; 06-25-2008 at 10:53 AM..

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 06-26-2008, 12:38 AM

I think it depends on whom you query to also, in order to hear back on publishing. Some people in my class have written to a few kind of more known publishing places, and have gotten nice letters back from the editors in like, a week. Which was surprising. Yeah, I agree that the book publishing industry is quite corrupt, it's very hard to get published, and those that do... don't always have the most unique ideas. The fortunate thing about Lulu though, is that if people want your books, they can order them straight from that site, so you don't have to worry about putting your money into the publishing of each time you want them published. They'll just publish one for that buyer. Heh. (Better for the environment, maybe too.)

Hmmm, Yeah, that's definitely not good. I know that there are a few authors though who do like to have their work critiqued and checked over before they do have it published, but I've heard form some of them that there are people whom have indeed published without having their work proofread. Meh. It's very good that you were very paranoid, I think it is very good to be like that about your writing, because you don't want to send a bad signal to your writers that you seem to not entirely care about your work if it has many errors. @_@