Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 07-02-2007, 03:01 AM

Idk what to say to your first paragraph. It makes sense, and it was a hard choice for him to make. But he still killed Dumbledore without Dumbledore wanting him to. That's a fairly good reason as to why, but yeah.

JKR misleads. It could be interpreted different ways. That, I think, is a matter of opinion for another 20 days.

On your quoted post: Dumbledore isn't perfect. He makes mistakes, which becomes clearer in this book, and not just because of Snape killing him. The Horcrux was already taken by RAB, etc. Snape's smart & excellent at occlumency. He MAY have tricked Dumbledore.

There's no way to tell if Snape and Dumbledore were arguing about the unbreakable vow. It would be way too easy to place together if that's what they were arguing about, in my opinion. JKR doesn't do that.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 AM

Sorry I don't feel like typing much.

There is no true answer as to whether Snape is good or evil. Not yet, anyway. We'll find out in the 7th book which side he really belongs to.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Muggles Running Amok Send a message via MSN to Muggles Running Amok

Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 AM

Yup. : D

20 days.

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiairen Hoshino
Oh, Snape wasn't bound by contract to kill Voldemort. He was bound to protect Draco, and he wouldn't have gotten out with Draco alive had he not killed Dumbledore.
Yes he was bound...because one of the 3 things Narssisa asked was that he preform the task the dark lord has set for Draco to do, if it looked like he would fail.

EDIT: Oops...misread...been up too long...thought it said that he wasn't bound to kill Dumbledore.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 AM

The task that Draco was asked to perform was not to kill Voldemort.

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 AM

Yeah I realized I miss read what was typed and thought it said Dumbledore...I've been up too long...

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 AM

I did that, too, the first time I read it.

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 AM

It's nearly midnight here and I've been up since 6am. After going to bed at 2am...I should go to bed...but I'm too busy working on a story i'm writing.

Can't wait for the book to come out...it needs to hurry up. I just hope I don't work the day it comes out because I'm going to spend the day reading it in one go.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 AM

I know how that feels. Plus, lately I've been having trouble going to bed before 2am.... and I'm starting health a semester early, which means that from July 9th to August 2nd, I'll have to leave the house at 7AM. I have the afternoon to nap, but yeah...

Tonight, I plan on staying up anyway to talk to a friend who is 7 hours ahead of me. Stupid timezones.

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 03:59 AM

Yeah time zones bother me, because I'm in a role-play with someone who is 6 hours ahead of me...so it's slow going...Oh fun with the class. I hate getting up early...working at 8am is bad enough, but to get up early for a class is the worst.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 AM

I used to role play. xD I know that later on, I'll be thankful I only had to take a class four weeks instead of a whole semester, and that I've gotten half a credit with others gotten from accelerated courses out of the way, but I'm starting to regret it now that the second week my friend who is 7 hours ahead of me will be here to visit, I'm starting health, which will take a bit of time with him away from me.

Oh well. >.> It'll get me used to waking up early for high school.

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 04:19 AM

I'm just glad that my classes this fall are in the afternoon...I'll have to be in classes till 8pm on mondays and wednesdays...but Ill get over it.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:20 AM

College?

Caranfirithwen
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2007, 04:33 AM

Yes college...it's actually funny that I mention college because it reminds me of this girl I met who says that Harry Potter promotes satanism...I'm friends with her so we just agree to disagree. She hasn't read the books and I can't blame that entirely because both her parents are preachers, so I guess it is understandable that she would think that way.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 AM

I know the daughter of a preacher who loves Harry Potter. They're not all like that. People who assume Harry Potter promotes Satanism give Christians a bad name.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 07-02-2007, 03:27 PM

I will clearly admit that a lot of my thoughts are biased, even if they do have some backing. It is true that Rowling wouldn't make it easy for people to figure out. She always puts twists in. That's why I love the books so much.

At least it won't be years before we get to find out exactly what happens. I remember after I read the 6th book I just had to turn my brain off after realizing how long it would be before I could get to read the next bits. xDD;;

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:06 PM

I'm a bit biased, too. Thanks for seeing my point on how JKR is a twisty writer.

I sort of don't want it to end though. ; ( This will only be my second Harry Potter release party to go to (Iknow... I'm not the HP veteran everyone thinks I am. x) I've read the books 3x+ though.)

I feel like I didn't get into it soon enough, and now it's ending.

Chi
Penpal

Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 PM

I can't remember when I got into it. I know it was late in my high school years or after I graduated. I wish it had happened sooner. I might have gotten into it by the fourth book? Yes, I think so...

Anyway. I am sad that it's ending as well. I really hope she ends things with a clean cut and not a "Oh my... what really happened?!" scenario. xD;;

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 PM

Thing is, I think she could get away with either.

D:

Chi
Penpal

Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 PM

She definitely could. I can't imagine how many debates, discussions, and downright arguments would arise from the fans between themselves over time if she doesn't end it concretely.

I'm so excited. ^___^

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Me too. : )

Tease
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Tease

Old 07-04-2007, 04:21 AM

You make a few excellent points. I haven't read it in awhile so forgive me if I'm really off but... I always thought Snape was good but I think that is the way JK Rowling wants the readers to see. I think you've got it pinned though. He chose the path of evil.

I'm not sure if it so much Snape who is the one we should debate about. I think Malfoy may turn out to be good and help Harry even though they are so bitchy towards each other. I don't know.

I can't wait for the book to come out though. I'm going at midnight at my local bookstore to get it. I'm so excited. I loved the sixth book, after the fifth one which I found was a large disappointment (AFTER all that waiting too) I was glad the sixth was good.

I'm sure this one will be good. I'm convinced Harry is going to die. JKR said in an interview after the second book came out "How do you know I'm not going to kill him off" I was just like oh my gosh she is.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-04-2007, 04:25 AM

: ) That makes me happy. Thank you very much.

Malfoy's either going to crawl to the good side or die. He's already doomed for not killing Dumbledore like he was supposed to. Makes you feel kind of sorry for him, but it was inevitable what he was getting in to.

I think Harry's gonna die, too. and yeah, I'm going to my release too. : ) I'ma be Hermione, my boyfriend is going to be Ron, and our bestie is going to be Harry. It's going to be so much fun!!

I loved OOTP though. It was my favorite before 6.

Tease
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Tease

Old 07-04-2007, 04:30 AM

Haha you're welcome.

Yeah, see the thing is I don't like how JKR made Dumbledore seem so easy to kill. It makes me think he isn't even dead. I mean.... how would Malfoy even manage that task you know? Seems unlikely, unless I'm forgetting something. But yeah, the fact he couldn't do it and hesitated proves he is semi good. At least a little bit. He will probably be a hero and self sacrifice himself or something utterly lame like that.

Really you loved OOTP? I thought it was a lot of filler information. Babbling and everything. I haven't read it in awhile. All I know is I WAS pissed when Sirius died, even though I don't think he is dead. I don't want to thank that anyways. It was just so lame of a way to go.

Muggles Running Amok
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-04-2007, 04:34 AM

He had to go though. Idk, and she wants us to be uncertain on whether Snape is good or evil, so Albus had to go without a fight. xD Plus, he was already weakened a lot by that stupid potion...

Malfoy, eh. I don't know if he's important enough to die. He'll serve some sort of purpose. I'm more interested in Wormtail.

Yeah, i just loved ootp. I think it was because a lot of the characters developed soo much.. And it was just great. I liked how it was jam-packed with more info about Harry and Voldemort. The series starts to get a LOT darker, more serious, more compelling. It's just great.

I knew Sirius died before I read the book. I read it on a forum somewhere. It made me cry a lot, but it's the best for the books. Harry has to be all on his own now.