Melancholy
Pretty in Pink. ;)

Old 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM

'I know this much is true' by Wally Lamb. Now that wasnt a happy read. :[

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM

sad and horrifing and unbelievebly mean! In a book i think called dragon's milk (I read years ago and I still remember!) In the book if you eat a dragon's heart you will live forever. There is a girl who has to bring 3 orphaned draons to a mountain to join a group of dragons. and one of the babies and hurt. So a person she thinks is nice offers to stay with the hurt baby dragon while she brings the other 2 up the mountain to get the other dragons! and he eats her heart! ; ; I was sickened when i read that!

Also only book I cried in was the 3 in the sunwings trilagy. The one about bats! I think he died to save his son thats when I cried.

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM

I'm ashamed to say it, but A Million Little Pieces.
It was a really good book...till the whole hoax thing.

minty9511
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2007, 02:10 AM

the sadest book i've ever read was 'the twelf angel' by OG Mandino.

Noyin
*^_^*

Old 10-15-2007, 02:29 PM

I would have to say 1984 made me so sad its not even possible to describe. Just was on the edge of losing fate in humanity for ever.

DreamyMimi
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to DreamyMimi

Old 10-16-2007, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdae007
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. It was really sad and I had tears in my eyes for most of the book (because I had seen the movie before reading the book). Even though I knew what was going to happen, I still was crying...

And of course, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but that could be because I'm a big HP fan and didn't want to see the series end ^^;
I watched A Walk to Remember one of the main char. is Mandy Moore I loved one the song she sang its was beautiful but I hated the first part when the guy was daring his friend to dive into something SO DEEP I was so scared I cried at the end when they got married but she had to die D':

melancholic_me
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks.
i have to stop reading so that i would stop crying. that novel really moved me. it was the best love story ever!

and Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon.
it wasn't really a sad story. but there's a sad part.

Somercy
*^_^*

Old 10-17-2007, 02:25 PM

The saddest book I read recently was Callahan's Con by Spider Robinson. One of my favorite characters in the whole series develops a brain tumor and dies. I cry every time I read it.

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 PM

The sadest book ive ever read are "Till Death Do Us Part" and "For Better, for Worse, Forever". Both are by Lurlene McDaniel. There so sad. Its about a girl who gets a tumor in her brain, loses her boyfriend meets a guy with cystic fibrosis. They fall in love he gets in a car accident. He dies. Next book she meets a new guy with anger issues, they fall in love but she still misses guy 1. Then sadly she dies. This is a tear jerker :cry:

Light Kazeko
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-18-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demikkusu
One of the saddest books to me is New Moon. I couldn't handle it when Edward left. I think I felt almost as heart broken as Bella. But I cried during almost every sad part of the Twilight series. I get so into those books, it's like I'm there.

o O
oh i know, that was a sad book, i felt like crying a lot while reading that book...well during all of the books. i cant wait until the next one to come out^-^

Mairelys
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-18-2007, 06:46 PM

My favorite book, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, made me cry SO MANY times. But that's one of the reasons it's my favorite book.

It also one of the only boos whose ending is equally as sad as in is happy. (And if you have seen the movie.. they totally changed the ending.)

Emiya_sakura
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via Yahoo to Emiya_sakura

Old 10-18-2007, 08:28 PM

the most saddest book i ever read is about 2 ppl fall in love
after their meet..then,the guy father dont let him to couple
with the girl..they felt sad and run from their home..suddenly,
the guy accident and die..the girl sad bcoz the guy is the
first love in her life..woaa.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

doglover0027
Send a message via MSN to doglover0027

Old 10-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Wow!! Those all seem so sad. especaily that one about the family and the daughter has to become a prositute thats just weird.

Gwendill
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-19-2007, 01:18 AM

I don't cry for books never have but some book i know that could make a person cry and have bin called "heartless" for not crying are. Dairy of ann frank I just don't get it a girl dies in awar and because she has a dairy of events when in hiding she is famous? Then there is that one book where the red fern grows I have read it in school many times only to find out that the dogs die each time and i am the only person sitting there not in tears by the end of the book it just bugs me i guess. then eclipse i hate it when jacob leaves that i acholy can not handle my self it is realy horrid.But the one book i would haveto say gets the prize is the newist harry potter the deathly hallows it is just SO sad when snape dies. It is so horrible he was my fave character i thought harry or ron was done for but I had no idea that they would kill Snape i can not belive it. :cry:

Mimi Lara
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 10-19-2007, 02:43 AM

Where the Red Fern Grows was very sad.
Deerskin definately had its moments of sadness but it ended on a semi happy note.
The Child called it was definatly very sad.

However I think the saddest novel I ever read was called "Through the Wardrobe" ((or something like that...it was a reference to Narnia but I dont remember the exact name))

It was about this mother who's husband had died so she became an alcoholic who never left her room. The story is all about the children and told through the oldest daughters eyes and how she had to try and fend for the family when she wasn't old enough to work....had no money...wasn't old enough to drive.....and how the family was starving to death. The reference to Narnia was because the youngest child really loved Narnia...and at one point in the middle of winter the little girl runs away from the school grounds and into the woods because she thinks she sees the lion.....

Morien
*^_^*

Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Saddest book... well, okay, so I couldn't narrow it down. Here's two that had me sobbing.

- Saint Ben. A really charming, sweet book about the friendship between two boys in a sort of middle-class middle America situation. It made me cry so hard that I used about a box of tissues. If I could ever find it again, I'd totally buy it.

- Lord of the Rings. I'm not going to mark spoilers because everyone's had years and years to read this and/or see the movie. Anyway, I bawled when Boromir died. I was in fourth grade, and I cried for days. I also held a funeral for him in a local pond and threw flowers in the water.

I know there's one more, but I can't remember it. I'll post the title when I do.

xnarnian
Anna

Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyMimi
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretdae007
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. It was really sad and I had tears in my eyes for most of the book (because I had seen the movie before reading the book). Even though I knew what was going to happen, I still was crying...

And of course, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but that could be because I'm a big HP fan and didn't want to see the series end ^^;
I watched A Walk to Remember one of the main char. is Mandy Moore I loved one the song she sang its was beautiful but I hated the first part when the guy was daring his friend to dive into something SO DEEP I was so scared I cried at the end when they got married but she had to die D':
I read that book in the Summer, I would never close it. A Walk To Remember is so sad! It made me wanna cry, and I have yet to see the movie.

~Lonely_Sakura~

Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 PM

I guess Where the Red Fern Grows. I always cry reading that book and also watching the movie. At school, when we had watched the movie; there were many girls bawling at the end of the movie. Of course, including me. Our teacher thought that we were crazy crying over dogs.

goldfish67
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-19-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahalethe
Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes. God, but that book depressed me.
i think i know what that book is about when i used to like yugioh gx i read a fanfic called jaden and the thousand paper cranes..someone finds out they have leukemia..one day they find out that if they make one thousand paper cranes it will cure them? i kinda wanna read it now o.O maybe it'll be the first book i read when im sixteen..or maybe thats not such a great way to start off my sixteenth year :shock:

Uzura
(◎_◎;)

Old 10-20-2007, 12:12 AM

"My Brother Sam is Dead"
I thought the title was just a metaphor T__T

Chaitealatte
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-20-2007, 08:28 AM

In terms of emotional jerking, The Time-Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Then probably My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Reading those two I just wanted to scream and lob the books at the wall by the time I got to the end.

Hooowever, I probably place more value on my childhood favourites, or books I've done in class.

Beloved wrenched me to mental pieces (ajfgnagdsdgSOBRILLIANT), but The Wind on Fire trilogy, by William Nicholson, had be in tears several times. Spider by Dick King Smith is simple. So simple and so sad! Beatrix Potter, I sometimes wept at Asterix. Milkweed by Jerri Spinelli. There were two, aside from picture books which somehow always swept me away, whose authors I can't remember the names of, called Gobilino the Witch's Cat and The Snow Kitten. I howled for days after the latter, I think.

x__x I just cry at stories really easily.

Ruiiza
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-20-2007, 07:40 PM

I quite nearly cried when Sirius Black died in the 5th Harry Potter book. God, that broke my heart! He is my favourite!

Also, when Edward left Bella in the Twilight series, I was so broken hearted that book left me depressed for days. Even after they got back together, that pain still remained.

AlysonInWonderland

Old 10-21-2007, 11:10 PM

um, harry potter and the deathly hallows.
cried for like 7 hours.
seriously.
@ruiiza- NEARLY cried? xD i bawled my eyes out when sirius died.

Eitriarch
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 PM

ah, I forgot about Where the Red Fern Grows. Someone told me that they cried at the end and I was all like... pfft I won't. And I did.

I thought The Outsiders was really sad too.

Leftovers

Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM

"Of Mice And Men"
The ending hit me real hard :cry: