aquadicprincessqeen
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to aquadicprincessqeen

Old 02-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Juna B. Jones I would read them every night with my mom and sister when i was in first grade. They where so great i completly forgot of them up till now.

KeiraRose
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 06:49 PM

My mom read me the Little House on the Prairie when I was little and I loved it and then when I was older my dad read to be The Chronicles of Narnia which got me hooked on fantasy/Science Fiction books! The first series that I can remember reading would have to be The boxcar Children! I loved them! And the Hardy boys. =]

Takabean
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 PM

The first book series I read was Arthur books :)
Of course I didnt read every single one, but I always read most of them when I was younger. But if you want to know the first series i COMPLETED than it was probably the "Fudge" series (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Super Fudge, Double Fudge etc.)

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-02-2008, 10:26 PM

I think the first book series that I read is Laura Joh Rowlands books.

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 PM

I can't remember exactly but here were my first two series...

-Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne
I have 29 of the books, I'm actually kind of curious if she's STILL writing more books for the series. I got the books from my sister, and then I added to the collection :]
-The Royal Diary Series by lots of different authors
Another series I'm curious whether or not it's still being added onto. This series, like the Magic Tree House series, I had gotten from my sister which she had collected [a little past the Hawaiian book] and then I added a little to the collection [up to the Japanese one]. My favorites were the first three books, I remember that much. Oh, and my sister and I thought the Hawaiian one was kind of boring and uneventful. We own all of them up to the Japanese one except for the girl king one, and the one with the girl on the horse, which might be the girl king one...

There might have been more, but I can't remember, oh yeah, there's the Little House on the Prairie series but I found those boring and never continued reading them...

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:09 AM

I think the magic school bus was my first series. I don't quite remember which one it was, after that I believe was the animorph books.

FrostsHellion
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FrostsHellion

Old 02-03-2008, 04:48 AM

The chronicles of amber, BIG series, i'd read plenty of solo books before it but that series was the first one i ever read through. It was soooo good too, i'm gonna buy them all and read them all over again since i left the other ones in philly.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM

That would The Babysitter's Club. I have so many of those books that I still haven't read all of them! I've got to get to reading some of the other books sometime.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 02-04-2008, 07:32 AM

Ohmy, the Wizards of Droon or something like that.

I absolutely loved the magical books.
^____^

I remember reading BoxCar Children Mysteries, then throwing it down because I figured out the mystery before they did. xDDD

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 AM

If it counts, the Berenstain Bears were the first book series that I remember reading. I loved the books, and checked them out from the library several different times. :). If it doesn't, then the first series I read was the Babysitter's Club. I loved that series- but now, I don't even know WHY. I just did. I also read the Arthur series, some of the Goosebumps series, and some of the Animorphs books. Other than those, I mostly used to read stand alone books.

Mikahiro
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 AM

THe first series I've ever read was Harry Potter.
I finished them all too. ^^
It was confusing since I didn't have all the books in my room. I forgot most of the details already.

Spunkifull
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 AM

Artemis fowl :3
at a time where my dad MADE me read Harry Potter, I chose Artemis fowl because it was fantasy but so much more different and funny.
Harry Potter can go get hit by a bus :evil:

Dejagurl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 AM

I don't remember the first series of books I ever read, but I do remember the first one that got me hooked on fantasy books. When I was about seven I was down in the basement, digging through a dusty old box of books, when I stumbled across "The Silver Chair" by C.S. Lewis. It was the best book I had ever read, and from then on I was hooked. I have devoured fantasy books ever since :D

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 AM

The first series I've ever read... -thinks really hard- I want to say Babysitter's Club since I read those in elementary school. I think I also read Encyclopedia Brown around that time too. Or was that in middle school? >< Darn I'm pretty sure it was during elementary school. I'm sure there were earlier ones but I can't really remember them ^^;; Ahh I have horrible memory.

I can't really say Babysitter's Club was inspiring.. But Encyclopedia Brown was the start of my love for mysteries. I still love mystery novels but I'm too stuck in fantasy/sci-fi stuff to pick up new mystery novels ^^;;

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2008, 04:43 AM

:: blinks:: you know im not sure. i have a rather large collection of serindipity books. but that wasnt really a series. hmm the only one i can think of wasnt really a childs book. it was the dragon riders of pern by Anne McCaffrey. those were the books that really got me hooked on reading.

Jeshikah
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Jeshikah

Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 AM

The first books series I ever got through was Nancy Drew's mysteries and Encyclopedia Brown. They were a lot of fun XD My mom loved them too so we would read them together.

Fay
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 AM

hmm when I was younger I could never really get into books. It wasn't until high school grade 10, I was going on a trip to cube with my friend and she had a whole bunch of books for us to read on the plane. Anyway the book I choose was the first in the series of Wayfarer Redemption, by Sara Douglass, ever since then I have been hooked on any kind of fantasy book there is :P I am currently reading Song in the Silence by Elizabeth Kerner. I tend to read anything with a strong female character :P

Sedge
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Sedge

Old 02-14-2008, 05:14 AM

I didn't read must until I was 15 or so-- only a couple a year. I'm pretty sure it was after finishing Koji Suziki's Ring that I realized that I could, you know, finish a full book and not die. And a week or so after that, I finished the Fall of the Kings, which proved I could read chunky fantasy novels. But before that, I was really into the Claidi Journals (and still am), which I started when I was 11.

And now, I feel weird if I'm not constantly reading something. I mean, not every second, I-- you know what I mean.

Aylar
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2008, 02:38 AM

The first series that I remember reading myself was the boxcar series. I have always like mysteries so I had fun reading these. I was sad when the original author quit or died so other people took over, they were still good just not as good as the originals. I sometimes still read them when I am looking for something I can finish in a couple of hours. Another series that I was reading really close to the same time was the American Girl books. I loved the Felicity and the Kristen books the best.

jsispitz
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 AM

I don't know if this would count, but when I was little I used to have all the books in 'The Sesame Street Treasury'. I used to make my mom read them to me when I was 3 and when I got older I was able to read them for myself. I was proud of myself when I was little, being able to read like the big people! *giggle*

xX Nightmare Angel Xx
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to xX Nightmare Angel Xx

Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 AM

I'd say my first book series reading began when I was in elementary school. My grandma bought me the first one when she went to Borders and got me hooked on it =3. I swear, she's forever getting me addicted to books from manga to novels >____<. Anyway, it was The Bad Beginning. The first book in The Series Of Unfortunate Events (; . I think no matter how many series of books I read, that series is always going to have a place in my heart xD. I absolutely loved it. I thought it was weird how he kept discouraging people from reading it so I just kept going [=. After that one, I kept reading through the series. I was so incredibly sad when the series ended, but even the ending to the last book was a surprise. It was great (in an odd way) how Lemony Snicket would lead the reader on in hoping about something and then drop your hopes completely three books later (x. His style of writing was different from any other story I had previously read, I was so used to happy ending books in elementary schools. This book kind of kicked me into reality and just helped me realize that's how life is; not a fairy tale :]. Lemony Snicket seems incredibly interesting and bizzare, I would love to meet him someday ^__^. I think since I read that series, it still is my all-time favorite though n____n.

amyleto
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2008, 08:50 PM

The Boxcar Children was one of my first books, too. I think it had been my mother's book. I only ended up reading it was because it was there.

Another of the first books I read was my dad's book from his childhood. It was called Fun With Dick and Jane, which is also a part of a series.

The only other books that I read on my own before that were various Dr. Seuss books. We had a huge collection of those, but my mom eventually gave all of them away.

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker
Send a message via MSN to Gory Little Horror

Old 02-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Well at first I thought it was the Darren Shan Vampire series but no there was something before that: Lemony Snicket. But surpisingly there were series I'd read even before that! And I think I've found my first ever series that I read hungrily x3 The Faraway Tree Stories (Yes all of them) by Enid Blyton. I have the book still (all the stories are in one). I can't remember when I read it but it must of been so long ago when I was so little and before anything bad ever happened to me x3 And now I've found the book I'm going to spend tonight re-reading them to see what I found so wondeful and magical back when I was under 9 years of age.

mmariep2
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mmariep2 Send a message via MSN to mmariep2

Old 02-16-2008, 05:38 AM

I used to read the Box Car children series, then I moved on to the Baby Sitter's Club series. After a while, I stopped reading and then got back into reading by starting out with a couple of romance novels.

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-16-2008, 06:14 AM

My first series were the american gils, Nancy Drew, and narnia.