Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-01-2008, 07:45 PM

I do, off and on. I love to read and I've had some great ideas inspired by what I read. I probably wouldn't become very well-known, but maybe I'd get some fans ^^. By this, I don't mean you go to sleep and have dreams of a book you wrote making you famous. That would be interesting though.

If you do:
Why?
Do you think you'd become very famous or win a few awards?

If not:
Why not?
What would you rather do?

Arc
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM

Hmmmm... does making an rpg game count too? I'm currently working on one at the moment though I don't really have a story yet.

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 02-01-2008, 07:59 PM

I did when I was little, but that was when writing wasn't so hard. Now, even though I love writing, I'm not good, so anything I write will just be dumped in the trash.
No writing career for me.

broken.crayons

Old 02-01-2008, 08:00 PM

I started writing a book, I was posting it on a website I made one chapter at a time. But the only readers I had were my friends and family. I wasn't really advertising it well though. I gave up after I realized how terrible the grammar was on the whole thing.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Yes, but I find that when I start a story I can never continue it, because I get caught up with school that I forget about it. And when I do remember I forget where I was going with my story.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-01-2008, 08:05 PM

You can always try again when you can fix the grammar mistakes. ^^

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-01-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm working on a fanfic but writteing a book? That is another story. :oops:

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 PM

I could never write a book. I'd never be able to finish one let alone come up with enough stuff to actually have it be considered a book. I'm not that creative.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova
I could never write a book. I'd never be able to finish one let alone come up with enough stuff to actually have it be considered a book. I'm not that creative.
I'm not either. That's why I look to books to get my imagination going. Something happens and it makes me go, "I would have done this...!" or "I wouldn't have ended the book that way." I've come up with some good few lines.

Of course, there's the dreaded Writer's Block. It happens to me a lot. It passes if I take a break or read the whole story so far to myself. It calms my mind and gives me more ideas.

Arlit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-01-2008, 08:51 PM

I would love to have something of mine published.
Of course firstly I have to finish one of my pieces.
I have always had a love for reading and writing.
My teachers have asked me to write for a contest.
I haven't given them an offer yet.
I am a little worried about what other people will think of my writing.
That is probably my weakness.
Always scared of what type of reaction I will get from people.

I have been working on a story for months now.
Its not edited, and its all raw material.
Just a basic story.
Maybe when I have a little more confidence,
I will post an exert from it. ^.^

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 PM

Arlit, I also worry what other people would think of how I write. My teachers love my creativity when I do get something down. That's why I'm sure somebody out there would like my writing. I was also asked to write for a contest, but I wasn't ready for the requirements.

Cable Induced Coma
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Cable Induced Coma Send a message via Yahoo to Cable Induced Coma

Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM

Mm..I've started some few little stories in my head and I have started typing them out, but I'm not patient enough to actually finish them or anything.

Plus, I think I word things out kind of funky. I'm sure people would get confused over my writing.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 PM

Most of my stories stay in my head. If they don't, I'll either lose what I wrote it out on or someone will find it and I'll be too embarrassed to write more.

KeiraRose
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 AM

I get inspired by really good books or movies and want to write a book. I have found that I am really good at coming up with short stories but not novels. I can never come up with an overall plot that ties everything together, so most of my stories stay in me head. And I can't seem to find the right words for the ones that I do write down and I end up editing them like 20 times and in the end, it just leaves me very frustrated.

Vappor1
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Vappor1 Send a message via Yahoo to Vappor1

Old 02-02-2008, 01:25 AM

I'd actually like very much to write my own book. I love love love writing and literature-related things, and my teachers and parents say I've got a 'nack' for writing. I've won the Young Author's Fair a few times and come in second once, and then the other few times I got maybe third or not at all. :-P When I didn't when it was due to laziness or being rushed.

Personally, I can only stick with one plot for a while at a time. Like, maybe two hours a week I can stand to stay with an idea / plot that I started a month ago. It's hard for me to continue after I get my ideas down. :-P

I'll have to work on that. >.<

I don't think that, if I did write a book, it would get any awards or anything. I doubt it would even get much attention, but it'd still be an accomplishment of mine. :-)

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 02-02-2008, 01:26 AM

I'd love to write a romance-fantasy novel.

I have so many ideas! :3
But the thing is, I'm not too strong of a writer.
x]

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vappor1
Personally, I can only stick with one plot for a while at a time. Like, maybe two hours a week I can stand to stay with an idea / plot that I started a month ago. It's hard for me to continue after I get my ideas down. :-P
Isn't that where a plot twist works its faithful magic? *hasn't learned what plot twists are very much and where they should be used*

aquadicprincessqeen
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to aquadicprincessqeen

Old 02-02-2008, 10:06 AM

I do not dream of writing I DO write, for if you do not write nothing shll be written and then no one gets to enjoy your story. I have not written much and of corse work in progress well delayed progress at the moment but still I work on them.

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 AM

I love books but don't think i would write a very good book. I enjoy reading much more than writing.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:08 AM

I am writing a book,it is slow to write, bt it is a bit fun to just get my ideas that I haven't seen in a book yet be out. I have part of it posted in the lit forums already.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-03-2008, 05:11 AM

That's great, d2hiriyuu. Good luck on it and good night, Mene.

DandyCandy

Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Well I made some stories when I was little, I never posted them or showed anyone. It was kind of a thing to do while I was bored and it sorta acted like a journal, I just got older and I decided it was time to stop >.> My writing was also bad xP Thats why I stopped

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM

I still have juice of creativity. Ends up that I did a lot of stuff as a kid I still do. I feel like sometimes i run out of media for my creativity, that is why I still write. I never wrote a journal as a kid, but my drabbles are similar so I am not sure what to think of keeping a record as much has I am.

my story is the same way,the plot changes ever so slightly depending on my mood when I write it.

Also thanks for the luck, I need it I feel.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 PM

I used to make and tell a lot of short stories when I was little. Now I'm in school and don't have that time. Rotten school... :x

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 AM

I wanna do a lot of things in my lifetime and writing a book is definitely one of them. :3 I want to write a book that really makes an impact on people. I don't care if only one person reads it, as long as it made a difference in their life. I don't even care if its something like deciding they don't like a certain color. I just want to convey my thoughts through words and have it touch someone. I don't really care if I win awards or anything either.