FrostsHellion
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to FrostsHellion

Old 02-09-2008, 03:27 AM

I've always had ideas for stories in my head, and i used to be able to just toss them out on paper and go nuts... i let it flow and let it all unfold as it wanted... sadly i seem to have lost my patience for writing. I know if i could get it back i'd be pretty good at it like i used to be.

my friends and i would pass a book back and forth and each of us would write a short story before passing it on the to the next guy, it went on for alittle while and we never finished the whole book... might still have it somewhere. I wish i could just write for a living, to bang away at a laptop or computer through chapter after chapter and draft after draft... i could write the next big fantasy stories.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-09-2008, 04:35 PM

I would love to write a story on a laptop a lot more often and on my free will. My current life on a computer is messing with what looks like factors of pi to make amazimg things..

Diktionary
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-09-2008, 08:57 PM

• I actually have a very wide collection of short stories. I havnt quite attempted to go all out on a big chapter book / novel. Maybe someday though, one of these days ill just sit and start writing. Who knows what will go on the paper?

-Diktionary
    *live long and prosper*

Julia Caesar
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-09-2008, 11:42 PM

I have three good ideas I would love to make into book and one of them would probably be a series of Chronicles. However a lot of people dream of writing book and it never happens. However I'm determined to use my spare time to produce something good.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 02-10-2008, 01:54 AM

I've always dreamt of writing a book and getting it published, so that others can read my creation. I wouldn't do it for money or even fame, although both would be nice. If I could get my book on the shelf at a bookstore I'd be satisfied and be happy knowing that there's a chance someone will pick it up.

I hear that there's a very difficult process that one has to go through to get to that stage, so I don't say I'll ever be able to achieve my dream in writing a publishable book.

But there's no harm in actually writing for the enjoyment of it, which is what I do.

Also, this november I want to do the Nanowrimo, which is the National Novel Writing Month challenge that has been held since 1999, I believe...

I actually had signed up to do it last year, however I ended up going overseas halfway through the month, and because of this ended up hardly writing anything.

dianakitsune
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to dianakitsune

Old 02-11-2008, 03:47 AM

I write, but nothing that's long enough to be a book yet, I have to reach 50,000 first, but I'm almost there in one my stories which is like 35000 some so yay! but I do dream of getting my stuff published *nod*

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM

I'd love it if a novel that I wrote were published- but I doubt it'd ever happen at this point in time. I think that my ideas are alright, but I know I need to work on my writing style. At least, for first person, which is the point of view that the novel I'm writing is written in. For this novel, I wanted readers to know exactly what the character was thinking, so that they could emphasize with her better. And it does work- I just need to work on my descriptions. The strange thing is, I'm alright at writing descriptions in third person. But it wouldn't fit the style of writing that I want this novel to have, so I'll have to keep working at it, I guess. I guess this just gives me something to look forward to. :)

Gory Little Horror
The Lurker
Send a message via MSN to Gory Little Horror

Old 02-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Well I have thought of writing a novel. And at the moment I'm just starting to write it. The plot is very vivid in my mind and I can recall the details to the main characters and plot straight away x3 I love my plot. I wrote a little of the begining some time ago and when I picked it up to rework it I ended up taking the first five lines and turning it into an A4 page - even though my writing has gotten neater and smaller xD I'm really happy with the bit I wrote and I just have to work up the guts to show a few people while I'm writing to make sure I'm on track with the skill of my writing.

x3 I don't think I'd be famous for it, I think if it does get published I'd ermm be a bit of a freak and look up people online who like it. Gain inspirtion for my next book on them etc. I really can't believe how writing just a little bit of it has made me so happy! And proud! I'm proud of my self ^_^

Firousi
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM

I've started several stories, with the idea that they could become a book..... but I get distracted and forget where I wanted them to go

mocha_san
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM

As someone who has several books finished and published, I would have to say that if you want to write a book, do not put it off. If you have any free time at all, write. If you don't have any free time, write anyway. There are many people in this world who say that they should write a book, but just never seem to find the time. That is not an excuse. If you are a writer, you write no matter what. Don't let it become a regret later on.

Fritz Fitzgerald
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 AM

I sure do! It's one of those long dreams I've had. The last few months I've been developing ideas. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a slacker. So I do plan on starting someday, but I'm still not sure how I should. Also, I'm not very confident in my own writing. I'm not fond of my own style, which doesn't do much for me.

Usukie Ichihara
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 AM

actually I'm currently look for a publisher for my book. It took me nearly 6 years to complete and I'm now working on the next installment of it. hopefully soon I'll find someone who will let me give my life's work out to the public and I can make more money for my family then I do now.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 AM

writings not the hard part. i have written a few storeis that could be made into books. if i polished them up fixed all their little problems and whatnot before sending them to a publisher. its getting them into book stores thats the hard part. but its a very big dream of mine.

And i wish you luck Usukie Ichihara we will both need it.

Chibiruler1990
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM

i actually did write a 200 page novel when i was in middle school. as you can tell by when i wrote it, it has MANY errors and parts missing in it so it is far from finished. im such a procrastinator i fear it will never be finished but i love the idea of it someday being turned into a published book.

Usukie Ichihara
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-12-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanyaD
writings not the hard part. i have written a few storeis that could be made into books. if i polished them up fixed all their little problems and whatnot before sending them to a publisher. its getting them into book stores thats the hard part. but its a very big dream of mine.

And i wish you luck Usukie Ichihara we will both need it.
yes we will. the hardest part for me was actually finding time to sit down with my editor and making sure everything was perfect. now were both trying our best to get that publisher. its so hard. I hope we both succeed.

Yarrian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM

I'd love to write a book, but I won't. I had to make a decision, at some point, about which dream I was going to chase, and for now I'm going to be a scientist. I don't have the time nor the resources to do both. Maybe one day things will change but for now I'm happy writing for myself with no pressure to create something worthy of being published and acnowledging that my book in print might be one of those dreams I'm never going to be able to hold XD

Last edited by fiarra; 02-21-2009 at 03:41 AM..

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-13-2008, 09:01 PM

My ambition is to be an author. I'm constantly writing and imagining worlds and stories. But i agree that it's differnet kind of effort to go from writing to getting published. Eventually i will be published because that's all i have as a goal in my life and i want it so bad i can taste it lol

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2008, 09:40 PM

I actually did try to... But I made the mistake in keeping it on a floppy disk and wound up losing everything after a year... I haven't written another one since then.

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Phoenix
I actually did try to... But I made the mistake in keeping it on a floppy disk and wound up losing everything after a year... I haven't written another one since then.
Oh! that sucks! i can relate- my very first story i had on my mom's computer (long time ago before my own laptop lol) and i got to around fifty pages or so and the computer got a virus. Completely destroyed our computer taking my story with it, i was so bitter it actually took me more than four years (and meeting a new friend) to even consider it again. She made me realize just how much i missed it.

you shouldn't give up! i bet you can write something amazing- seeing as how dedicated you are to your work that you'd stop when something like that happens. So do your best, and i'll buy your book and be your number one fan! lol

DarkMelancholy
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 PM

I do dream of writing a novel. A few years ago, I began writing a story,
but I got stuck on chapter three. From then, I had a writer's block for
that story.

I wrote other stories--however, I never seem to finish them. (-_-) Only
because I am a perfectionist, when it comes to writing. So, I want the
story to be perfect, the writing to be perfect. (-_-) Plus, I always worry
about what people would think of my stories. *Sighs*

Anyway, why do I want to write a book? Yeah, I'm not sure of the
reason for wanting so. When I read a book, I want to be like the
author--to share with the world the ideas I have in my mind...

amyleto
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2008, 08:19 PM

I've tried to start writing a book more than once, but I always give up a couple of chapters in when I get distracted by something else. I would love to be a writer, and I would probably be decent at it. The problem is that I would never have the patience to actually finish writing a book.

I do all right with ridiculous things, though, so I've given consideration to trying to write children's books. I don't think I could be successful at it, though, because I have no talent with drawing. Perhaps I could illustrate with photography if I ever bought a decent camera.

Mow

Old 02-16-2008, 02:24 AM

When I was a little kid me and my sister would write

one page stories. We made a huge book of them about 20

pages long. Since then, I haven't been able to get my

thoughts on paper unless it is a school project.

Recently, I wrote a paper that my whole family

contributed to. It was like our dreams all into a

fiction story about a girl named Rihn Sonazaki. Her

parents, her sister, and a neighbor next door. It was

funny because Rihn's parents had names in Japanese

that meant words accustomed to their personalties.

Such as Itamae: Cook and Otaku: Geek.
:o

Wrenja
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2008, 04:58 AM

I don't particularly... dream of being a writer. I enjoy it, and I do it on a somewhat regular basis. I have plans for a story, but it refuses to come together at this point in time. I know the story is in me, it just hasn't fully elucidated itself just yet. It'll come, and I'll write it. I don't know if I'll shop it around to publishers or not, but it will get written, eventually.

good luck to everyone else in their endevours :D

Unnie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Unnie

Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 AM

My "thing" is writing so I'd absolutely love to write a book. I don't think it'd get me super famous or win me any rewards, though. I doubt I'll ever get one published actually, I always pick apart everything that I write. XD; I'd love too though.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 AM

Well, the Native Americans and Ancient Africans didn't even write theirs down (Well, I think in a way they could, but usually not.). It was done orally, and now look. Today, people have retold them in written and illustrated form, so you never know. You could do well without publishing.