Morien
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 AM

If you do:
Why?

Because I have so many stories swimming around in my head that writing them down helps to clear my brain. Also, I think the stories that I come up with are actually decent, and deserve to be shared. A story comes alive when it is shared with others.

Do you think you'd become very famous or win a few awards?
Uh... I think my books will be one of the books that parents complain to librarians about having on their shelves. Ha ha! Seriously, though, I write a lot about religion and sexuality and other stuff that's bound to get me banned somewhere. If I get famous, it will probably be because my stuff is thought to be "harmful to minors" or something. I definitely would like to do an interview one day, even if it's one defending what I write. :D

I'm still in the research phase for my little book that I'm working on now, but I like to think of what will happen when it's finished.

Good luck to everyone!!

Celistaline
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-17-2008, 06:33 AM

I would! People keep saying to me "You have a big imagination." It would be great opportunity for my writing. So I would write a book.

Aggressive Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 AM

Mm... nope, I don't really think so. I suck at writing. Unfortunately.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-17-2008, 02:44 PM

Well, people love my handwriting. I think my books will go out handwritten and everyone will retell them typed. >_>;

Morien
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Amane-- I would buy your handwritten book. Handwriting is a personal style of art, in my opinion... so it would be like getting art and story in one! <3

~PrincessSerenity~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ~PrincessSerenity~

Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM

I do want to write a book. I have so many ideas and all of my friends can see me with a published book. I currently am working details for a horror story right now.

I don't think I'll become famous or anything. If I did that would be nice, I guess.

Sanctuary
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-19-2008, 03:05 AM

A writers life is reclusive and emotionally painful. I think that's something too many people fail to realize. It's a profession that the good majority, even if they manage to get published, get nothing out of. Chances are, you won't come close to being able to live off of it and will find that it takes all of your free time. You have to throw everything else away. Social events? Forget it. Other books? No, you can't read other things while writing if you truly want your style to come through without being influenced.

And even then, you won't be famous, probably won't even be published and definitely not remembered. And all of your relationships will fall apart. You will be reminded consistently how insignificant you are and how worthless so many of those "great" or "creative" ideas your friends and family had in the end are.

But, you know what? It is only then that you will know if writing is truly your passion or just some fantasy that you were too naive to see the truth about.

And if you find that all alone, with no one reading or caring about what you write, you are happy, that the simple act of writing is what you live for, then, you can call yourself a writer. But only then, when you truly feel that you are the only appreciative audience you need and your own drive and love of writing ensures that you continue to grow.

Do you have what it takes? Most people don't.

That said, I write for me because I love to think and create. I don't need to, and maybe I'll never be published, because sharing isn't something I like to do and my writing is solely for me. Ideas are what keep me going. Writing is what keeps me alive. And I'm awful at it ;D but that's fine, because it's for my eyes alone.

Xera Oni
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-19-2008, 07:05 AM

I actually have started a story, well I started the story back in my freshmen year of school and now its got over 200 written pages but only about 12 of which ive actually typed hehe.

Nuru
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-19-2008, 03:26 PM

I have a ton of ideas for stories, it's just a pain to write them because it takes so long. My english teacher keeps telling me I'm good at writing and all, but I can't help but thinking I'm not doing a good job of it, it's just one of those things ._.;;
I'm considering trying to see if I could get into the comics business, though. They're easy for me to draw and write, but I need some more practice.

Freakishly Human
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Freakishly Human Send a message via MSN to Freakishly Human Send a message via Yahoo to Freakishly Human

Old 02-27-2008, 02:26 AM

I am in the process of writing a novel. I've been working on the general idea for the novel for over five years now. I definitely do hope to get it published someday. It's going to be a series and I've really enjoyed writing it so far!

C2
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 AM

Sometimes I do. I remember back in the third grade, I used to write a little series about people going back in time. It was really based off of whatever show I was watching on TV the moment I was writing. xD

Rainiy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Rainiy

Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 AM

I'd really love to write a book someday! <3 But since I'm so terrible at actually getting things written down, it'll have to be one of my life's masterpieces x3 I don't really mind if it gets popular or not -- I mean, it would be kind of cool :3 But some of my favorite books aren't very mainstream :3 I really love Peter S. Beagle's The Last Unicorn <3 And the Firebringer Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce :3 I also love "Across the Nightingale Floor," but I can't remember who that was written by >_<;

Writing a book is one of the many things I want to accomplish one day! <3

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 AM

@Morien: Thanks! A handwritten piece of work does take more time and work. Any handwritten story should have more value.

@Xera Oni: Wow, I wish I could find the time to write over 200 pages. I can see why you haven't gotten to typing it all. XD

@C2: Haha, I used to do that, too.

Skaudie
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 PM

I have a lot of great ideas for stories that can be turned into books, but when I try to lay them out in a narrative, they don't really make that much sense. I think I think too much.

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 02-27-2008, 11:30 PM

I have, many times.

But I just don't have the commitment or creativity for it. If someone gave me an outline, I could make a kick-ass story, because the writing skills are there. My right brain seems dysfunctional.

Julia Caesar
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-28-2008, 01:02 AM

I actually do want to write a book.

But I only sort of want to be famous. I actually want to write under a pen name. I'll still get all the profit and the satisfaction of people reading my books, but no ones going to kidnap me and make me change my story. XD

I actually have a few ideas. I only wrote six pages of my one idea so far. This was actually about a week ago. I have to change a few things though.

Bloody Rag Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM

If you do:
Why? I love Stories.
Do you think you'd become very famous or win a few awards? No.

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-29-2008, 02:15 PM

I always thought so. I used to write little ministories in elementary school, and the older I got, the better I wrote.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-01-2008, 03:15 PM

I've had an idea for a trilogy that I've been writing for four or five years now. It's gone through a ton of revisions and I've never finished writing any of the books, but I keep writing because I keep having new and better ideas.

I don't know if I really want to turn it into a career. It's more of a side project for when I'm bored and something that I will eventually try to publish and make some money off of. I'm not really expecting to become famous for it, I would be happy with any fans of my writing.

I'll admit sometimes I day-dream about being published and having fans. They're very silly when I think about them later, but it's something that I would find really cool.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 03-02-2008, 12:00 AM

@Sho-Shonojo: Don't worry about that, fantasies are never silly. I shows your imagination and/or future you hope to have. You do view them differently later sometimes, though.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 12:24 AM

Thanks Amane. I really hope that I can acheive this old dream of mine. I can't wait for NaNoWriMo to roll around so I can start writing my third book, so that it's at least started.

Chinen Yuuri
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 AM

I did and I still do.
I would love to make a romantic story that will capture my readers heart. But for now its still a dream of mine to make. Cause I haven't really experience love, I'm still 14 xD

Elphey
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Elphey

Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 AM

I have always dreamed of publishing and selling just one book. when I was in elementary school, there was a program during class where we could write a book and publish it in a room, making the binding and all. it was so fun, I have two or three from doing that.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 03-02-2008, 05:52 PM

@Elphey: I have the most impossible time getting a good idea, but once I start writing, I either stop writing to think few times, I have several pages of writing, (A little ironic. I can't think of anything, then my idea is huge.), or I can't piece together things correctly. I would probably mess up the binding and all, since I have a tendency to mess up important things. That activity would drive me crazy.

Wickedpan-chan
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM

i would love to right books.
but i'm to scared.
the way my mind works is way to hard for everone to figure out
and dont forget the montens of typo's and just plane bad spelling

its the same reason i never liked making poems and stories at school. no one ever looked what the storie was about but loved pointing out the 100+ mistakeds i made.

o wel my friends and famely loved the v-day poems i made with the choco i send around.
its a constalion price :D