Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM

That's the thing... it's not just a book with aliens in it.... :)
Just like Twilight wasn't just "another vampire story".
If you liked Twilight there's a pretty good chance you'll want to get your hands on this one. ^-^

Crappy Lia
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Crappy Lia Send a message via Yahoo to Crappy Lia

Old 08-03-2008, 05:17 AM

i LOVED this book o:
<33 //bought it in duty free shopping in newark ;D<33

x3
i bet everyone likes it neh?

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM

It seems that most people like this book and the a lot even like it more then Twilight.
Well I guess it is time to go book shopping ^^

Vye
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 07:19 PM

I bought the book a few months ago, but I haven't read it yet, due to a few art projects I've been ask to do. But when I do read the book, I will come back to this thread and tell you all what I think.

Lots of love from Vye.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 08-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Ok I went out and bought it, along with Breaking Dawn.

I have started reading The Host.

flowerpuff
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 PM

My friend has it, and I'm planning to borrow it when she's done, it sounds pretty intresting *can't wait to read it*
I think that its a nice change from Vampires for me *is reading 3 vampire things now :D*

Miss_Ericka_Court
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Miss_Ericka_Court Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_Ericka_Court

Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM

I really loved this book. I could not put it down! The plot is intriguing and the story is beautifully written. I cannot wait for the sequels!

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-06-2008, 02:02 AM

I really liked it and i'm not that crazy over her other books which i find ok but this one was really good.

Mrs Mikato Hatake
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM

This is the first book I've read by Stephenie Meyer & its awesome. Its a great story & I haven't finished yet but I definitely would read a sequel if she did one.

:D

Mashi &lt;3
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2008, 05:12 PM

I've read all of her novels, and I really liked the Host. <3

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 PM

I want to read this soooo bad. I went to the library but they are already all checked out. :(

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 08-07-2008, 11:27 PM

Keep checking back! You never know when someone will bring one back!
Also ask if you can reserve the book the next time one is brought back in. :)

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-10-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi <3 View Post

I've read all of her novels, and I really liked the Host. <3
My favorite is host of all her books.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 PM

I finished this book and it was great.
At first I kept thinking it was not that great but by the end I couldn't put it down.
This book made me cry while her other books did not.

My Cup Of Chai
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
Send a message via AIM to My Cup Of Chai Send a message via MSN to My Cup Of Chai

Old 08-15-2008, 01:43 PM

A question to those who have read this series: Is is worth buying the books for? I like sci-fi and I loved the characterization used in Twilight, but I'm tight on cash and want to know if it's worth the money or not. : )

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 PM

Well technically, The Host is the only novel outside of Twilight Stephenie has written so it's really only just the one book. It's not like you're spending sixty dollars on a series, but I understand. I think it's worth buying, but then again, you could probably find a copy online to download or something if you wanted to read it but didn't have the money at the time.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0pybyo

You can find it online there. I can vouch for the file, having it on my own computer.

Last edited by Seiki Nova; 08-15-2008 at 11:56 PM..

Nesseh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-17-2008, 03:28 AM

I just finished reading it last night... and wow i was blown away... it nearly made me cry on some parts. I think i like this better than the Twilight Series. I really love Wanda. And the ending.... the true ending was just wow.
Sequels?! Oh i cannot wait! I wonder what it will be about... the plot i mean. Cause the way it ended was just perfect.... i think. XD

Nylota
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-19-2008, 12:50 AM

I got it from the library a little bit after it came out and I have to say that I liked it a bit more then I liked the Twilight series. The characterixation was a bit better and the main character was a lot more likeable.
Wanderer>Bella
It really showed her growth as a writer, which I liked, her writing has improved by leaps and bounds from when she wrote Twilight. And there is one more thing that made me like the Host- Ian O'Shea, the human's answer to Edward Cullen

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 AM

XD I didn't think Ian compared actually >> But then again, Ian was great in his own way, so that made up for it : )

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cup Of Chai View Post
A question to those who have read this series: Is is worth buying the books for? I like sci-fi and I loved the characterization used in Twilight, but I'm tight on cash and want to know if it's worth the money or not. : )
I think it is if you don't like it you can always take a book back and get you money or credit for another book.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM

This was by far my favourite book by her. It's a pity it wasn't more popular (in comparison to the Twilight Series) because I felt she really shone in this one. I'd never really liked her as a writer before, but when I read this book, my respect for her grew immensely. Without the teen pop fiction plot to distract me, I found myself noticing just how good Meyer is. Her characters were real (though somewhat recycled--Wanderer was obviously a variation of Bella), the story interesting, the emotion raw, and her syntax flowed wonderfuly. I also really enjoyed all the philisophical questions it posed. I think more people need to read this one as opposed to the Twilight Series.

Gaignen
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-16-2008, 08:10 PM

While I did enjoy the Twilight series, when I finally got to The Host, I read it and was astounded. Now I look at it as Stephanie's 'grown up' story. Even if the main character isn't all that old, she, and all the other characters are more mature and have a greater depth to them, powered by the all but apocalyptic conditions much of the story is set in.

I hear tell there is a sequel, and I sincerely hope it comes out better, rather than worse as the Twilight series seemed to. I was underwhelmed by those at the end.

xmushums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 PM

I really loved The Host.. and I really hope that Stephenie makes a sequel... :x
@Gaignen: I don't think that the Twilight series was that bad.. I don't know.. I like both series >.>
@Bishielufer: I very much agree with you... I think more people should read The Host.

elissis
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 AM

I thought that The Host was really amazing.. captured my attention throughout the entire book. It's one of my favourite books now, where i really like it from start to end.

No other book gave me such a chill.. and allowed me to watch the scenes just flash by in my mind as if i were there.. I didn't have to do any imagining myself. The words were that good.
Not sure if any of you felt the same way? ^^;; or maybe i just read too little. :O

I've never read her Twilight Series, so i can't compare to that one. But according to my friend, The Host was much better.

Not sure if i really want to see the sequel for it though, sometimes it can destroy what the first book has created for a reader.. (actually, i never knew she was going to come up with 2 more books, until i read this thread! Thanks for that.. xD).

a_shy_girl_1999
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to a_shy_girl_1999

Old 10-29-2008, 02:59 AM

I haven't read it yet, but I really want to because I like Meyers work. She is a very decent writer.