Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 AM

Dawn looked at Raman, "One more will not hurt our journey, will it? I can't bare to see her so ill treated. It reminds me too much of Lewton and the factories.." Turning back to Emilie with a smile, Dawn clasped Emilie's hands and gave them a gentle squeeze, "You may come with us. I fear Jareth may not give you your wish, but it will not hurt to try!" said Dawn with a smile.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 AM

Emilie's eyes lit up--this time with true, unfaked joy--and she laughed. "Thank you!" She cried. "Oh, but there is just one thing..." Turning towards her house, she called out, "Suloo!"

Down the path came a small creature that looked like a mixture of a dog, bear cub, and mountain goat. It bounded up to Emilie, then stopped cold at the sight of Raman and Dawn.

"Don't worry, Suloo," Emilie told the creature soothingly. "They're friends. These are... Oh dear, what are your names?" She laughed. "It would make for poor journeying if we didn't know each other's names, wouldn't it? Well, as you know already, I am Emilie. This is my friend Suloo."

She reached down to pat the creature's head, and it closed its eyes happily.

"Suloo can come with us, can't he? He's been with me ever since I can remember... We've never been apart for long."

She looked up at Raman, but he shook his head. "I am not the one who makes the decisions. You must ask Dawn."

Emilie gazed at Raman contemplatively. "She's in charge, is she? Hmmm."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. Only I saw--or rather didn't see--that somehow, I'm to be mixed up with you, and only you. But you're just a bystander to... What exactly are you going to the castle for, anyway?" Emilie asked Dawn.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-16-2009, 01:29 AM

Dawn blushed, "I-I'm going to free my employer. His family will not survive without him. As for being in charge, that I am not. Raman gives me too much credit.. He has been there for me many a time during my journey. I owe him a great deal," Dawn added with a smile as she looked up at Raman. Turning her attention back to Emilie, Dawn curtsied with a smile, "Please forgive our manners for not introducing ourselves sooner. My name is Dawn, and this is Raman. It is a pleasure to meet you. As for your friend Suloo, it would be a pleasure to have him along, as long as Raman does not mind."

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-17-2009, 12:25 AM

Raman gave one shake of his silvery head, and Emilie laughed again. "Thank you!"

Without a backwards glance, she whirled around and began to stride off into the forest, her pink skirts swirling around her legs and Suloo gamboling happily behind her.

"Wait!" Raman called out sternly. "You do not know where we are headed."

Emilie sighed dramatically and looked at him over her shoulder. "But do YOU know where you are headed, exactly? How to get to the castle?"

The fairy guard was silent. Emilie smiled smugly. "That is what I thought. Really, Sir Fairy, do you think I have lived in these parts my entire life without knowing where they lead to?"

"But you said your father--"

Just then there was an angry shout. "GIRL! GIRL WHY ARE YOU NOT AT YOUR POST!"

Emilie gave a VERY unladylike curse before grabbing Raman in one hand and hoisting up Suloo with the other. "Oh, VERY fine timing!" She cried, as if the shouting had been Raman's fault. "That's my father now. Quick, we must be off before he realizes--"

Just then a short, stocky, and very ugly little goblin man came barreling down the path leading towards Emilie's home, stopping short at the sight of them all in a manner very similar to Suloo's. "What's this, girl?" He growled. "Where do you think you're going?"

Emilie released Raman and Suloo, tossing her head. "To the castle, Father," she shot back. "Away from this place."

"Why would you be going to the castle in the first place?!"

"To ask the king a favor. To get away from you!" Emilie picked up her skirts, called for her companions to "Come on!" And began to race away from the clearing, into the forest that she claimed to know so well.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 AM

Dawn nodded politely at the Goblin as she passed him before running after the group before her, "Wait for me Emilie! Raman, I cannot run that fast!" Dawn called miserably as the group became farther and farther away from her. Sighing, Dawn stopped as she looked around, having lost them as she was rounding a tree. "Oh now what am I to do! I am completely lost," said Dawn helplessly as she sat upon a large rock. Off to her left, Dawn heard struggling and a faint call for help.

Wrinkling her brow in concentration, Dawn tried to pinpoint the direction of the voice. Turning to her left, Dawn stood and headed down a small path littered in stones.

"Help!"

The calls were getting clearer, and as Dawn rounded a tree and saw a goblin hanging in a net from a tree. Giggling softly, Dawn called up to the goblin, "May I ask how you arrived at this predicament?"

"Setting a trap for you, if you must know human," the Goblin said miserably, "Jareth sent me hours ago to set a trap in case you got this far. I got hungry waiting, you see, and set this trap to catch a tasty snack! Only I got caught in it instead. It's all your fault you know, if you hadn't angered the Goblin King neither of us would be in this mess," he finished just as miserably, his stomach rumbling.

Dawn frowned at the goblin hanging from the tree, "Why that is a terrible thing to say. Jareth has been horrible to me as well, you know. And if you wish for help out of that net then you had best be kinder and not so cruel, not to mention be kind enough to tell me your name."

"Oh very well, I'm just hungry is all. I'm Lorval, human, now please help me out of this darn contraption! There's a knife over there by my bag."

Sighing, Dawn walked over to the knife and set about cutting the goblin down. As horrible as he was being, she couldn't very well leave the poor creature to starve up there.

With a small thud, the goblin was free and took his knife back, "Thanks."

"You are welcome Lorval. I am sorry to have caused you to get into this predicament. My name is Dawn," she said softly as she watched Lorval pack up his things.

"Oh it's not your fault, human, I'm just hungry. You don't happen to have a snack on you, do you?" he asked, looking at Dawn hopefully.

Dawn shook her head and the goblin sighed bitterly, "I thought not."

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM

"I think we've lost him!" Emilie cried happily. Coming to a halt, she plopped down on a large rock and sighed, partly from happiness and partly from being winded.

"I think we have lost Dawn, as well." Raman glanced around, his brow furrowed. Emilie shot up, frowning as well.

"What? But I was certain that she was right behind us," she exclaimed. Jumping to her feet, she proceeded to stride up and down, calling Dawn's name.

Finally, Raman bid her to stop. "It is no use. If she could hear us, she would have called back by now."

Emilie turned to face him, her face worried. "But... But if she's lost, what will happen to her? And you said that she was in charge, or something to that effect. My father is not that fast or smart, but if he catches her..."

She held out her arm, pulling up her billowy, impractical pink sleeve, and for the first time Raman could see several yellow-purple bruises upon her skin. "He is strong," she whispered, dropping her eyes as if ashamed.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-17-2009, 10:05 PM

"Would you happen to know how to get through this forest and to the Goblin City? I am looking for my friends, but have lost them through the trees. I am afraid I am that lost," Dawn admitted softly, "Perhaps if we walk towards the city we shall find something for you to eat?" Dawn suggested, hoping it might entice the small goblin to help her in her endeavor to reach the castle.

Lorval contemplated the thought for a bit, "What it we reach the city without finding any snack? What will you give me for helping you?"

Dawn sighed as she looked at Lorval, "I am afraid I have nothing of value except for my locket, and that I will not part with."

"I don't want trinkets," said the Goblin miserably, "Don't you have anything more valuable than a mere trinket? What about your hair, will you give me some of your hair if I lead you to your friends?"

"M-My hair?" asked Dawn, confusion upon her face and within her voice, "Why whatever for?"

"I can trade it for a treat," said Lorval as he rolled his eyes, a hint of annoyance in his voice as if Dawn was a simpleton for not knowing the answer to the question.

Dawn, looking at Lorval strangely, agreed none-the-less and held her hand out to make the agreement, "Very well. I will give you part of my hair if we do not come across something to eat before we reach my friends."

After the deal was confirmed with a handshake, Dawn smiled as she waited for Lorval to lead the way and soon enough they were off along the path.

"Lorval?"

"What is it Dawn?"

"What trap were you setting exactly?"

"Not a big one. Just one that would confuse you and get you lost in the woods. Jareth ordered the trees to move and confuse you off your path. I was sent to make sure they did they're job proper. Lot of good it did me. Here I am showing you the way to the castle! Jareth will be absolutely furious when he finds out," Lorval explained with a shake of his head.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 PM

"I am sure that Dawn will be fine," Raman stated with solemn conviction. "No matter what happens to her, she will continue on her way to the castle."

"You make it sound like you mean to--"

Raman cut Emilie off. "Either we wander around searching for her when she might have already moved on, or we go to the place where she was going in the first place. We are certain to find her there if we wait."

Emilie frowned at him. "I have to say, Sir Fairy, that I don't condone your decision. The girl is a stranger to the Underground and its ways, is she not?"

Raman frowned back. "How could you tell?"

She tossed her head. "Please; I might not get around much, but I at least know strange clothes when I see them, and that girl's clothes were new to me. Also, the ways of the Goblin King are no secret to me, either; I know the trials he makes human questers go through in the Labyrinth."

Raman's frown did not fade. "The ways of the girl are not strange to me, either; I know that she will press on. She possesses surprising strength and determination, despite being soft-hearted..."

Emilie looked at him. "You are her guardian?"

Raman said nothing; then: "We are companions, of a sort."

"Do you wish to become companions of another sort?"

Raman kept his silence, and Emilie sighed. "Very well, refuse to answer me if you wish. But I'll have you know, it was in your voice and your face, even if you yourself do not know it. And besides, maybe it is fortuitous that we are alone together like this; after all, I saw nothing, and that means that you and I have something to do with each other's fate."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 PM

"He will?" Dawn asked softly, "Perhaps you shouldn't accompany me.."

"Nonsense. I'm hungry and I can't very well get a snack if I sit around all day now can I. Foolish girl, thinking a goblin can get a snack by just waiting for it," laughed Lorval in a teasing tone.

"But I do not wish for you to get into trouble for being with me. Are you sure you do not mind?"

"For the last time, girlie, I'll take ya to the castle. Now no more worrying, you'll get a headache if you worry too much," laughed Lorval. "So tell me girlie, what brings you to the labyrinth? A sibling, an enemy, a lover perhaps?"

"No," Dawn laughed, "My employer, Mr. Lewton actually. He is a very cruel, heartless, and vile creature, but I must save him, despite my feelings towards him."

"What made you change your mind about a grump like that?"

"His family. I cannot bare to send him here for him to turn into a Goblin when his family needs him so. You understand, don't you? You surely must have a family of your own," said Dawn softly.

"No I do not, and I certainly don't understand your thinking girlie. But your efforts are noble, you made it this far anyway. Have you met Jareth yet?" Lorval asked hesitantly.

"Yes, a few times. He was kind more often than not, but his latest appearance has put me in quite the temper, I must admit. Does he always throw such a tantrum when he doesn't get his way and play such silly tricks on people just for laughs? Honestly, I don't understand him!" said Dawn in a fluster as they continued through the forest.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-19-2009, 10:28 PM

"A trick, was it?" Came a voice from behind Dawn and Lorval; it was deceptively light and casual. "For laughs, was it? Really, precious Dawn, after everything, is that what you truly think of me?"

Jareth strode up to the human girl and the goblin man. The Goblin King was now dressed in a sapphire-hued shirt and black breeches, with a black cloak done over in sapphire-hued designs thrown over his shoulders in an intentionally casual manner.

"You are correct in thinking one thing: it was a trick. And a very successful one, I think, at least in execution: your memories gone, a false sense of purpose implanted. Child's play for one of my magical caliber..." Jareth allowed himself to preen for a moment before banishing his self-satisfaction with a short-tempered wave of his sapphire-gloved hand. "But enough about that. YOU were where it all went wrong. YOU and your pure, yet mortal way of thinking. YOU and your sweet maiden innocence."

Jareth's voice was now dripping with contempt; whether for Dawn or for himself, it was hard to say, as he was now gazing angrily into the forest behind the girl.

"But for laughs? My dear girl, in that respect you are mistaken." Now Jareth's eyes were staring directly, intently, into Dawn's. "I was very much in earnest in trying to win your first kiss."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Dawn blushed as deep scarlet as she looked up at Jareth. "Why?" she whispered softly. "Why do you want such a thing from me?" Dawn inquired, her voice soft and hardly above a whisper, a small glare forming in her eyes as she looked up at Jareth and neared him, "Why do you play these silly games with our minds and our hearts? What is the purpose of such attempts? How can I be anything worth such persistence? And how is tricking me, and lying to me, and causing me to pity you falsely, any way to get me to kiss you?" Dawn asked icily as her former temper returned, her face hardly two inches away from Jareth's, "And how can your touch be so kind, dream or not, when your words and your actions are nothing but lies and trickery, and in the end nothing but vile and cruel?"

As Dawn was speaking, Lorval shook his head lightly, knowing this wouldn't end well, and backed away from the couple so that he was out of reach from Jareth's fury that was sure to ensue.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM

Jareth's eyes grew darker and darker as Dawn continued to speak, until finally he cut her off. "Dawn," he thundered. "If that dream and its effects did not give you one little inkling as to my nature, I don't know what will. If I recall, you are the one who wished for your employer to be taken away. And you are the one who asked for your Mister Lewton back. You are the one who agreed to traverse my Labyrinth and go against whatever you might encounter inside. You are the one who accepted this challenge, and thus agreed to go against the Goblin King himself!"

As he spoke, he strode up and down in front of her, long, angry strides with his hands clasped tightly behind his back.

"The game is not fair, Dawn." No endearing terms, not now, not while he was in such a temper. "Nor did I or anyone else ever claim that it would be. It is only YOU--" He jabbed a gloved finger at her. "--YOU with your mortal way of thinking and your sweet, trusting disposition that made it out to be so, and that is where you made a very big mistake. Let me make this clear, Dawn."

Jareth ceased pacing and swung around to face the girl once more, his cloak billowing out behind him dramatically, enhancing his tall form.

"I never wanted this. I wanted you to be free from that man who oppresses you and a hundred others every day and night. I wanted you to be free from poverty, free from a life where all you dreamed of would forever remain exactly that: a dream. I wanted you to be free from that mortal coil, free to pursue everything you've ever desired and more that you did not even know to wish for."

He continued on, not batting an eyelash, not lowering his voice a hair; the Goblin King had no reason to be shy.

"I wanted you to be free to give your heart to me.

"I've known you since you were a child, Dawn. I've watched you grow, I can number all your achievements, all your failures; your joys and disappointments, for I felt them as if they were my own. I nurtured an affection for you that has since grown into love; not as a father for a daughter, or an uncle for a niece, but as a man for a woman. Dawn, I wanted you--I STILL want you--to be my wife, my queen. But you are so determined to throw knots into all of my careful planning, aren't you? And even now--" He held out a hand. "--you precious little thing, you are driving yourself away from me."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-19-2009, 11:50 PM

Dawn blushed as she felt her eyes begin to moisten at his words. Looking down at her feet, Dawn couldn't help but wonder: Was it a trick? Where his words sincere? Did he love her? No one had ever professed their love to her before, much less someone such as he. Could she believe his words to be true?

A tear trickled from her cheek as she looked up at him and inquired softly, her eyes never leaving his throughout her small speech and inquiries despite the tears that rolled slowly down her cheeks, "How can I love someone, who has never shown himself to me except to lie and play tricks. Someone who has sat upon the sidelines and watched me from afar?

"Why me? Of all the children in the world, why did you choose me? What has made me so special to set me apart from the other women of this world? And what have you done that would warrant your love to be returned? Taking Mr. Lewton from the factory?

"Yes, I asked for it selfishly without thinking of the effect it would have upon his wife and children. I know this is my consequence for thinking rashly and wishing selfishly, and for that I travel through this labyrinth and endure your trickery and lies, despite the effect it has upon not only my emotions, but my heart as well.

"Do you expect me to love you at hearing that you took him for me, on my behalf? Jareth, if that is your thought, then I must disappoint. I have yet to have proof of your love that is true and without trickery or beguilement. How can I ever know that what you say is true when all I have known are lies? How could I ever love a man who cannot tell me the truth?"

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-20-2009, 01:50 AM

Jareth lowered his hand as Dawn spoke. When she finished, he took a step towards her, his cloak billowing about his legs. "Yes, Dawn, I must confess that I expect you to love me. Maybe not now, not this instant; but soon. I am used to getting my way, you know; it comes with being a king." What might have been the ghost of his usual grin quirked the corner of his mouth for a moment; then it faded. "I also must confess that I never wanted to be the reason for your tears. That, I have learned, comes with being in love."

He reached out a hand towards her; to cup her cheek, trace her face, wipe away her tears. She and Loval would never know, for at that moment came a silver blur shooting from the depths of the forest, straight at Jareth's own face.

"DAWN!" Shouted a familiar voice. Usually it was quiet, or sullen, or a mixture of both. Now it practically rang with sincerity of companionship, of wishing to expand that relationship to perhaps something more.

And with a resounding THNCH, Raman, trusted bodyguard to the Fairy Queen Javitha, struck Jareth, King of the Goblins and Ruler of the Labyrinth, across the face with such force that the said king and ruler staggered.

As Jareth struggled to regain his balance, Raman flew to Dawn at a rapid speed. "Dawn!" He called out again. And it ended up being he who wiped the tears from Dawn's face.

"He hurt you," the fairy guard growled.

Just then, another form barreled from the forest and threw its arms around Dawn's neck, nearly crushing Raman in the process. "Dawn!" Emilie cried. "Thank goodness you're alright, Raman and I have been worrying about you, and to think we were going to go ahead to the Goblin City when you were so nearby all along. In fact, we were beginning to head over there when Raman said he knew where you were, although I personally have no idea how, and he didn't really stay to explain after that--"

And thus it became clear that Emilie, the human girl raised by a goblin, babbled on at length when she was relieved.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-20-2009, 02:08 AM

"Emilie, Raman, I am alright. Jareth did not hurt me, I promise. Excuse us a moment. Please, I must speak with him alone," said Dawn softly as she gave them a small hug before slipping out of their embrace and walking over to Jareth.

Lightly caressing his cheek where Raman struck him with her fingertips, Dawn spoke softly for his ears alone, small tears still falling from her eyes, "Forgive Raman. He has been kind to me, in his own way, where you have been cruel throughout this Labyrinth. Raman is protective of me it seems, and for that I adore him. But please do not harm him for what he has done on my account."

Dawn sighed as she tried to find the words to say. Her heart was aching, and she felt something for the man before her. But could it be love? She hardly knew him. Could it grow? Dawn wasn't sure. But was she learning to like the man before her the more he spoke? She was. He was finally, for the first time since she began this Labyrinth, being honest with her. And despite his arrogant attitude and ways, she could be said to be falling for him. But not falling in the sense of love, it seemed, at least not now. Dawn's feelings were sympathetic towards Jareth. She felt he kindness in his eyes, and from that she believed he was telling her the truth. For that, he deserved a bit of kindness and her anger towards was lessening.

"Jareth, if you want my love, you cannot order it from me just because you are King. Love must be willingly and freely given, or it cannot be called love. If you truly love me as you say, you will show me and prove it to me, somehow. And perhaps, one day, it will be returned," finished Dawn in a soft voice as she offered him a small smile.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 09-20-2009 at 02:38 AM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-20-2009, 04:49 PM

Jareth reached up and grasped the hand that was stroking his cheek. "Forgive the fairy? I don't know whether I should or not." His eyes burned with both outrage and humor, a mixture that probably only the Goblin King could pull off. "For one, he is a fairy, and the goblins and fairies have always been a bit... estranged, if you would. But for another, it is obvious that you have somehow won him over, despite the superiority complex all fairies have... You precious thing."

He then sighed as if Dawn was a small child telling him, a wise adult, a world-known fact. "Do you think I am young and learning the rules of love for the first time, Dawn? You know, I am far older than you may think." Now the definite grin was on his face. "I did not think that it would be easy winning you over... All right, yes, I did, but it appears that I underestimated you and your heart. Win you over? Precious, most of the time I am in my castle, overseeing the going-ons of my Labyrinth. How can I work on wooing you properly when... Wait."

A scheming kind of gleam came into his eyes, and his grin widened. "I suspect the Labyrinth can operate well enough without me mothering it for a few more hours (give or take). I also suspect that, you with that heart of yours, will not object to me accompanying you through the rest of the Labyrinth? No? How good of you," he pushed on happily without waiting to hear her reply. "You do understand, though, that knowing the Labyrinth as I do, I will not be able to help you through it. I'll just be a sort of escort, along for the ride. My love for you unfortunately can not extend to our wager."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-20-2009, 05:32 PM

Dawn's eyes grew a bit wide at his declaration, "T-Travel the Labyrinth with me? Oh dear," said Dawn softly as her thoughts raced and a blush crept into her cheeks, realizing that he was still holding her hand. "I-I.. I must speak with Raman," she said softly with a curtsy before slipping her hand out of his and heading back to Raman.

"Oh Raman, what am I to do? The man who's tricked us and tried to stop us from reaching the castle, wishes to accompany me through the Labyrinth? I am afraid his mind is quite set. I cannot deny him, it would be rude to deny his escort, but what if he tries to delay us? Do you think he would be so cruel as to do such a thing?" Dawn asked in a worried tone. She was afraid Jareth was taking advantage of her again and lying to her. Could he truly wish to simply escort her? No trickery intended to delay her or stop her from returning Mr. Lewton back to his family?

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-20-2009, 06:12 PM

"I don't trust him," Raman immediately replied. "If you are having trouble denying his 'request,' then I will do it for you."

But Emilie pushed him aside (nearly knocking him out of the air), staring back and forth between Dawn and the blonde man standing not that far away. "Dawn, are you--Do you mean that--You can't mean... That man over there is the Goblin King?" Her eyes widened. "I know stories of how he tricks the people who try to get through the Labyrinth, and... Oh, Dawn, please accept! For me!" Emilie gestured to herself. "You know that I've been wanting to meet him and ask him that favor! This would be the perfect chance to... Please, Dawn." Her eyes lowered. "I don't want to have to go back to my father. I don't want to be stuck telling fortunes in that grove my entire life."

---

((OOC: Yoo-hoo, followers of this RP! There is now an OOC thread for the purpose of discussing the plot, characters, etc. So come on down, Emma and I would love to talk with you!))

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-20-2009, 08:33 PM

Dawn nodded as she offered Emilie a smile, "Of course." Walking over to Rama, Dawn added softly, "I am truly sorry Raman, but I must, for Emilie. Promise me you will try your best to tolerate him? For Emilie's sake? You have seen her father, I cannot let her go back to him. Please?" she asked softly as she placed a light kiss upon his forehead.

Turning back to Jareth, Dawn walked over to him with a simple nod, "It is agreed, you may escort us. Now, I think it is best if we start moving, I don't want Emilie's father to catch up," she added softly as she turned back to Raman and Emilie.

Looking over at Lorval, Dawn inquired softly, "Lorval? Will you remain with us?"

"Will I get a snack?"

"If I come across anything, you will be the first to enjoy it," said Dawn with a laugh.

"Then I'll stay, human, 'til I get me snack fer helpin' you this far," said Lorval as he made his way over to the group.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 09-20-2009 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: spelling errors

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 PM

"Just one moment." Jareth held out a hand to stop Lorval in his tracks, his eyes narrowing. "You come along? When you turned from delaying Dawn to--" Then he sighed and lowered his hand. "Then again, things have changed now, haven't they?" He glanced at Dawn before addressing Lorval again. "Very well, you may come along. But only if you keep quiet and out of my way, you understand?"

Raman, meanwhile, was hanging back, glaring quite openly at the Goblin King. "I said I do not trust him," he muttered to Emilie.

The pale-haired girl shrugged, smiling at him sympathetically. "Well, I'm sorry, but you know I really do need his help. You saw what my father is like. If I can just find a good time to approach him, then maybe... In the meantime, please try to keep from making him mad. I need him in a good mood."

"That's not going to happen quite yet," Jareth spoke over his shoulder, causing Emilie to start in embarrassment. "Not until the fairy tells us exactly how he knew to find Dawn in the first place."

It was obvious that the Goblin King (not to mention his face) was still stinging from having his "moment" interrupted.

Emilie glanced over at Raman in surprise. "Well, now that you mention it... How DID you know? We were talking and all of the sudden you shouted, 'Tears!' and then sped off without me."

"Ahhh." The Goblin King nodded, looking at Raman. "Now it all becomes clear. You have one of her Heart's Tears, don't you? And when she shed those other tears just then, it resonated to them, thus alerting you."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Dawn blushed and as she looked at Raman, "Y-You do? But, how did you get one? I wiped them away without thinking when Jareth tricked me..." Dawn said, confusion in her look and voice.

"Maybe the bugger stole 'em," suggested Lorval, "They're known fer that ye know."

"Lorval," Dawn said a bit warningly as she looked at him. Looking back at Raman, Dawn hesitantly approached him and asked softly, "How did you get my tear? You even wiped away the ones Jareth caused," Dawn added, confusion still in her voice.

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-22-2009, 01:00 AM

Raman did not meet Dawn's eyes, instead gazing at a point somewhere above her left ear. "You were crying," he said finally, "in your sleep. When Jareth sent you that dream you threw such a fit over. I got one--" He drew the jar containing the single Heart's Tear from inside his coat. "--before you woke up."

Emilie was now watching with great interest. Jareth was watching with about as much interest as one would observe an ice block slowly melting in the sun.

"Heart's Tears are powerful," Raman went on. "Maybe not to humans, because they have shed so many and grown immune to the Tears' magic, but... Those who live in the Underground are sensitive to that power, since humans so rarely dwell here. Heart's Tears know whenever more of the same are being shed... I suppose you could call it one family member calling to another. They cry to each other."

"No wonder I didn't know," Emilie spoke up wonderingly. "I'm a human myself; I couldn't hear it if I tried, could I?"

Raman looked over at her as if annoyed by her speaking, but nonetheless deigned to shake his head. "No. Most humans have long since lost all ties with magic."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 AM

Dawn couldn't help but smile as she neared closer to Raman, "And yet you stayed with me, and protected me. Thank you," she whispered as she placed a kiss upon his cheek, "It means a lot to me that you would degrade yourself by staying with me," she teased before adding seriously, "Despite having my Heart's Tear, you stayed. Truly, it means a lot to me, and I appreciate it."

Lorval rolled his eyes as he watched the two, "Bleck. Girlie, wash yer mouth and hands after touching the little creature. Now come on, I want a snack. If you keep going with this mushy business I'll be too sick to have me snack, and I want me snack."

Goblin Maiden

Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 AM

Emilie jumped as she looked over at Lorval, as if noticing him for the first time. "Where did he come from?"

Jareth also looked over at the goblin, as if he had forgotten all about him. "Oh, that. One of mine, I'm afraid. Come now," he snapped at Lorval impatiently, "you want your snack, you'll have to wait until the lady Dawn says you can eat, and not a moment sooner, understand?"

Raman, meanwhile, had hovered back away until he was next to Emilie once more. She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "What's the matter, Sir Fairy? I would think her kiss would make you happy," she murmured so that only he could hear.

But the fairy guard shook his head ever so slightly. "It wasn't meant that way," he muttered back. Emilie smiled at him sympathetically, but said nothing more before turning her attention back to Dawn.

"Well, 'lady Dawn'--" Emilie feigned a curtsy. "--Where to now? Since His Majesty isn't giving us any help and he seems to have put you in charge..." She trailed off expectantly, waiting for Dawn to reply.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 AM

Dawn blushed at her new 'title', a bit nervous that their fate was now resting completely in her hands. Before, it was just she and Raman traveling the Labyrinth and seeing where it would take them, all in hopes of reaching the Castle. Now, there were so many others, including the Goblin King himself, in their small party, that it was as if more rested upon her decisions than before.

"I say we continue in the direction Lorval was taking me, and the direction you came from. I can only assume we were going in the correct direction. Besides, it is the opposite way of where Emilie's father is, and we do not wish to run into him again. And perhaps, in this forest, we may find a snack for Lorval," Dawn added with a smile at the goblin as he scurried over to Jareth's side without hesitation with a nod.

Beginning to walk in that direction, Dawn let a small gap come between her and the group. Not enough to completely lose herself from them, but enough so that Emilie could speak with Jareth about her father if she so chose.

As the trees grew taller and the leaves became all different shades of green due to the sunlight shining through them, Dawn couldn't help but smile as she turned her face towards the rays of light in the trees and lightly trailed her fingers against the bark of the passing trees as she wove in and out of them as if she were dancing a waltz with them, her carefree and childish demeanor returning as nature surrounded her and lightened her mood.