Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 PM

The slaver seemed to think for a moment, as if judging exactly how much he'd be able to convince the male to pay for the creature in the cage. "At least one hundred fifty gold pieces, considering his condition and talents..." the holder replied wondering if bartering would occur or not. It was common in a market and he knew he could perhaps get more for the raven half demon if he played his cards just right. Of course if he was bought for the price set it would still prove to be a bit of a profit, although not the full profit he knew he could make. Then there was always the chance the male would refuse, which of course would simply result in him convincing some other to buy the slave at a higher price.

Raven's eyes remained averted from the man kneeling in front of him as he listened to the venomous 'promise' that the male essentially made to him. "If that is what the Master that wishes to purchase me demands, then I've no reason to object as it's not befitting of one of the slave stature. I can further more assure that if that were the condition the Master, that purchases me, would have no real fear of such a thing occurring. I do not intend to make the same mistake as my parents before me had in my own creation" the halfling stated, as he somewhat steered away from the more expected answer of a slave and in cooperating his own. It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for being born, but rather he did not wish to incur the same life upon children of his own.

The answer however did earn him a smack on the cage, as his gaze adverted to the feet of the slave holder that had committed the strike. "You are to answer the questions directed at you with simple yes or nos as well as addressing the one asking you as Sir or Madam, do you understand slave?" the holder barked as he gave the cage another smack.

Raven refrained from jumping at the rather loud noise, after all that would mean pleasing the rather smug holder. "Yes I do apologize...Sir for the disrespect" the black winged male calmly replied, forming an apology that he felt wasn't necessarily needed. In his mind after all if the male before him were to indeed buy him he would address him with the appropriate titles then, however in the process of buying he never really felt it necessary. Not that he wouldn't address others, such as those he knew the name of, with some form of 'title' anyways, it was simply he didn't have one to address a potential buyer by really since he didn't wish to seem mocking in any way.

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 PM

"Hmm. A hundred and fifty? That's worth three slaves. Why don't you lower that price a little, or i'll expect more with the offer." He said, the mall standing much taller than the handler. He stared down at him with his black eyes. "I think that the males worth one hundred. One - fifty would buy the girl next to him as well, though I don't wish to have her." He smirked. "A temptress in my home? What a strange thought. I'd kill her before we even got back to my mansion." He stated. Just because of the way her eyes looked at him, he would kill her.

The male stared down at the slave that had addressed him. "Your forgiven slave. Though I do hope in the future you remember my rules. I'd hate to see you end up like her." He said, his eyes glancing down at the female with similar wings. Her back was deeply scarred from disobeying her previous masters. His friend had been one of her previous owners. And once when Troy was at dinner with his friend he had witnessed her accidently drop a tray of food. His friend, trying to show he was in charge of her, stood up and made her strip until she was nude. There was at least ten other guests in the home, but still he grabbed a whip and punished her in front of everyone at his diner party. The blood had made Troy lose his appetite.

"It's best to stay away from that one." He said, 'That one' rolling off his tongue like she was worse than the halfling. He kicked Scarlett's cage to scare her and then looked back to the handler for an answer about the price.

Arechi

Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 AM

(And now to wait for the others as well. Don't want to get too far ahead. :XD)

The slaver put on a look of almost insult at the price offered, although it was more or less false.
"Surely you jest? As I've stated he's in excellent condition and can easily accomplish the tasks of at least five slaves. It's relatively difficult to find a slave capable of both domestic labor as well as heavy labor without breaking down quickly? Did I mention he's quite adequate when it comes to gunship? He's also believed to be relatively good with seals, and we all know how difficult it can be to find someone like that, especially someone that's so obedient. I can perhaps make a special price of one hundred forty gold pieces for him" the handler tried again. He had thought about offering the female across from him, but from the words that came from the other male's mouth doing such a thing wouldn't help in the sale. Perhaps he could offer another...though from the look of the other winged female there were possibly potential buyers for her already, and another male seemed to be looking at some of the mammal types...maybe a reptilian or aquatic slave...

Raven's head gave a slight nod, mainly due to limited spacing, as the possible buyer stated that he was to remember his rules least he end up like the female across from him. "Yes Sir, I shall keep them in mind at all times" he quietly acknowledged. Again his eyes risked a glance towards Scarlett's figure once more. Personally he didn't feel it was right for her to receive such verbal abuse simply for the fact that she was a full blood who held a relation with someone she loved. Then again it was cases like that, that ended with halfings as the end result to be put into slavery. His golden eyes quickly closed as he heard, and somewhat saw her cage being kicked for no real reason, in order to hide the disapproval that they held about the action.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM

((Kay, I'm going to wait to respond until someone else posts (: I'd rather not leave anyone out either. ))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-05-2012, 01:15 AM

Rosemary stared back at the man she had been watching.he had noticed her watching him, and come to investigate.she stood up straighter and met his gaze with a dareing gaze of her own.she dared not speak, for fear of the slavers beatings.one of the sellers came forward and started pointing out the perks of the slave next to her, a coyote like halfling who reeked of stale pee and sweat."he's a good, hard worker, too.he'll sell for a reasonable price..." the seller was going on while Rosemary waited, still holding the gaze of the potential buyer.in her arms, Todd shivered and whimpered.she stroked his back gently with one tail to sooth him, not wanting to draw the smelly slavers attention.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:25 AM

((Can I have gil as my slave. *gives the pleas face.*))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM

((Yes you may (: I was thinking you were going to ask for him, so once you post i'll have Troy back off and go after the pixie girl :3 ))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-07-2012, 02:46 AM

((Waiting for reply.))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-07-2012, 02:47 AM

((I think everyone is Lol ))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-07-2012, 02:48 AM

((I.want Luka to buy me.*blushes* ))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 AM

( I. Don't know who will buy my girl character. I'm kind of at a loss since everyones already decided on who their getting.))

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-07-2012, 02:59 AM

((I could make a male master...I could try, anyway.))

Raccoons Should Fly
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 AM

((Hey guys, I'm not sure if a PM went around or something, but I was unable to get on due to some idiot crashing the electricity in my neighborhood, which I needed for internet. The lights just flickered back on (yay!), so I'm going to catch up in the next few minutes, just wanted this to be posted soon. Also, Gemini, Scarlett, that's all goodie in the hoodie with me. : D ))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-08-2012, 04:04 AM

((Aww that sucks! But i'm glad that your internets back on (: ))

Raccoons Should Fly
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 AM

((Haha, thanks. I sent a PM to Arechi about the problem, but it was a bit too garbled to be forwarded probably, haha. I was using an old phone... missing letters. A bit of a fail.))

Luka stood, taciturn, waiting out the slaver's rant. The man was hardly giving him any information of value: all that he said was either a badly constructed lie or purely obvious. Besides, he could tell a great deal simply from looking at the potential purchases, as well as from how they looked at him. The greasy coyote-demon eyed Luka up and down, wandering eyes raking him over to assess his value as a master and assert a sense of weak dominance. He was clearly uncouth, and therefore useless and annoying. A strong male servant may have its benefits, but Luka could tell he would achieve none of those, even on that ridiculous price-tag.

No, instead, he began to examine the fox-girl. She had held his gaze, seemingly not with any intentions towards intimidation, aggression or lust, but merely with self-respect. Luka straightened out the sleeves of his jacket, making deliberate movements. He continued holding eye contact, a hint of challenge running through his cold eyes. What was her purpose? She didn't seem... broken in. Had she been a slave only a short time?

"And this one?" Luka cut the trader off curtly, not bothering to gesture. His gaze made it perfectly clear. "What is her worth?" However, the contact between the two broke when the furry bundle in her arms whimpered. Luka's eyes jumped to it, paranoid. Was it part of the girl, or was it an extra cost? It appeared to be some kind of small fox, but he couldn't quite see due to the way it was huddled in her arms.

((I don't want the slaver to say something incorrect/you don't approve of for whatever reason, so I'll leave that up to you unless you say otherwise.))

----------

"Aww, come on, girlie. I just want a lil' look," the buyer drawled, sticking his hand in the cage again. Was that even allowed? None of the traders seemed to care much, so she supposed it must be. Even so, she wasn't exactly going to let him touch it. Too much of the dust had already been spilled, and it was only increasing as she got more skittish. It seemed to be working its effect on the young master. Freesia would not let him touch them, even ignoring those things. She didn't trust him one whit not to hurt her... and besides, his hand looked... grimy. Freesia did not want to think about where it had been recently.

"Do they work? The wings, that is," The elder master questioned, seeming uncommitted. The slave master hesitated, likely considering lying. "Well, she can't fly. No way for her to escape there," He chuckled, instead playing it off as a selling factor. "Nah, see how the little scales seem all loose? That's what we've been calling 'pixy dust'. But hell, in this case, you'd want her to pix you halfway to Thursday. See the tag," He said, gesturing to the little identification paper stuck to the cage, "What that can do is two things. It's good for plants and whatnot apparently. But the fun one... well, it increases attraction, let's just say." His gestures were crude.

Freesia wanted to tell him off for the general- and the generally perverted- explanation. Not only was the dust miraculous to plants, but it was only effective upon those that flower. But more importantly, the 'attraction' feature... while it was true that it could inspire feelings of lust, it had a range of effects based upon attraction. From protectiveness to elements of obsession, it all depended on various factors. Instead, she concentrated on flitting her wings out of his grasp. The older customer was getting frustrated- if she could keep this up, he would definitely force his companion to move on.

Her attention was soon split, however. That imposing man she'd noticed before was speaking harshly. Though she could no longer hear the exacts, there seemed to be some possible purchase going on... but then, why did he just kick a cage? Freesia stiffened. What had the other slave done? Would she be punished further?

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-12-2012 at 12:09 AM..

Arechi

Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 AM

(Lol all slavers are really NPCs, so you're free to use them as you will. :D)

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 12:17 AM

((Should I wait on finx to scare Troy away or should I just have him leave Raven alone?))

Raccoons Should Fly
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-09-2012, 01:26 AM

((Oh, I know, I just don't want to godmod Rosemary by having a slaver say something about her that may not be accurate, or what she wants with the character. I try to be very careful with that sort of thing, haha. And hmm, well, I'm good either way. If you can come up with a suitable reason to leave him alone, or if Raven could do something?))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 AM

((I think Raven should do something. Troys not one to walk away from a potential buy. Lol ))

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 AM

Finx walked into the slaver dealers place with a evil glint in her eyes as she took the slaves in with deep intrest. She saw a buyer scaring some poor slave girl and sighed. "You should be carefull you don't want her to learn to bite before you buy her." finx said as she passed him heading for the cute looking boy the only boy in the slave cages. "I like this one." She said out loud. "Whats you're name?" ((yes I'm talking to gil and I can always make a male master unless you really want to do it gemini?))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 AM

Tory glanced to the woman. "Well.. I guess she's going to buy this male. He gave a bow to the male. "We'll meet again." He said, clearing his throat. "Have fun with this master." He said, walking away and going to the girl with pixie wings. "Stop bugging her." Troy growled, pushing the man back. "I'll be buying her. And i'd like if you don't touch my property.." He said, glaring in the males direction.

Raccoons Should Fly
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-09-2012, 02:50 AM

The slimeball youth opened his mouth to react, but his elder companion placed a heavy hand on his shoulder. "You may have her," he said, his tone obnoxious and clearly offended by this new man's assumption that they would simply comply, even if he had already become ready to move on to another purchase. "Bugging the little insect, however, is his right." Trying to get the last word even still, Freesia noted sourly. Besides, when had she become an insect, when before she was... well, she didn't exactly prefer being called a 'girlie', or anything else of that nature.

His mouth tilted into a silent snarl, the younger stood awkwardly by the cage, seemingly expecting some kind of apologetic response. As ridiculous as that concept might be, it forced the other, who looked like he would much prefer to shuffle off, to stay. However, the slaver's face lit up at this point- if he could run this right, could he possible get the two parties bidding against each other? "She's just about worth 125 coins. That's nothing for what we could sell her for, considering how unique her, ah, features, are," -Freesia was nearly sick in her mouth at the double entendre- "but we do have a policy for lowering the price if the individual can't actually use the wings to fly."

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 01-12-2012 at 12:09 AM..

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 AM

((Sorry I've been away.))
Rosemary didn't break the mans gaze as a challenge flashed through his eyes.she refused to be intimidated.the trader broke off in surprise when the customer asked about her.the man stumbled but quickly regained his composure."the girl? She's new.brand new in last night, perfect condition, no wounds, good body, strong like an ox, but gentle and generally sweet.she's shown to have a quiet personality and no problem taking orders.she's well behaved and young,so she'll be easy to break.she's a fox demon halfling and is in good health.she's worth quite a pretty penny, but since she hasn't been valued yet I can probably get you a decent price.maybe 2000 bucks?" He said, rattling off the facts as if he had them memorized- which he probably did.Rosemary snorted and finally spoke up."you forgot to mention that I answer to the name Rosemary.your boss said to say that in the sales pitch.and that there's no extra cost for the baby fox, because he goes with me anyway." She said quietly.her tone held no insolence or disobedience. It only sounded as if she simply wanted to remind the guy.even though her eyes held a bitterness at being addressed as an object.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 AM

Troy's dark eyes stared directly into the males. "What? Do you expect an apology?" He asked, his grim face turning into a smirk. " Leave the poor girl alone or you'll wish you didn't even dare stand in my presence." The male stated, standing much taller then the other two. He put out his hand, forcing the youngest one to miraculously age before everyones eyes until he was just as old as the elder. "If you want those years back, you must promise to leave." He growled.

Gemini
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 AM

Kyle walked into the slave market with his wings tucked safely behind him.he had put it off for ages,hating the idea of entering the dank dungeons.but now he couldn't put it off any longer.after all those years of wanting nothing but peace, he found that now that he had it he often got lonely.walking into the place gave him the creeps.he remembered a story his grandmother used to tell him about being a slave, being sold and living in a cage.looking around now, he even felt a twinge of pity for the people in the cages.oh, well, he was here to take one of them away now, so that should help.Kyle walked and browsed for a bit before his eye was caught by a girl with wings much like his, sitting in a cage.he approached the slaver near her, a greasy individual who probably only escaped being a slave himself by selling them, and cleared his throat."excuse me, sir.I am interested in buying this one here, the girl." He said, barely managing to contain his disgust at the mans appearance.