p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 PM

As the door creaked open Vex jumped behind Regan with her hands on her cheeks as she peeked over his shoulder. When he offered her a smile, she offered only an owlish series of blinks. What was he smiling about if that blood was hers? She was dying! Well okay, she needn't be dramatic. But something here wasn't right, that was for sure.

She watched him sink onto the bed with a sigh and she relaxed a little. With her fears of the monster lurking under her bed gone, she stepped inside. She walked slowly to the other side of the bed where the lacy undergarments lay in a pile, stained with a large amount of dried blood. She pushed them around with her toe as if they were going to spring to life and grab her, but they didn't.

What had happened to her that would leave her clothes in such a state? And where were the rest of them? And why wasn't she still injured? She was having some really strange and awful pains last night. Maybe they had something to do with the clothes? Thanks to Regan, Vex was still alive here today, although neither of them remembered it. Thanks to his blood, her wounds had healed without leaving a single scar.

The only serious scars on Vex's body now were the ones left there by the puncture wounds inflicted by Loki's claws, not too terribly long ago. They were located under her ribs, and other than those, there would be no clues to her past found on her or in the room. She'd traveled here with a small pack that contained a few articles of clothing, but it held nothing else. No pictures of loved ones, no diary, no engraved jewelry, she'd pawned those things long before she arrived at the tavern.

Vex sunk down onto the bed next to Regan and sighed too. Her thoughts were a mess, she couldn't get one straight enough to even form a sentence that would make sense. Finally she glanced to Regan. It was clear he was going through the same thing she was. She placed her hand on his and wrapped her fingers around it and gave him the same reassuring smile he'd just given her.

He seemed so kind and gentle, and he was being so helpful, yet he was at the same loss as she. "I wish, I could remember the relationship we once shared," she said quietly, feeling silly that it was all she could think to say. But, as it was, it was all she could think of for the moment. The vampire made her feel safe and he was clearly a good person, and a damn attractive one at that. She couldn't help but find herself wondering and maybe hoping that she had once been more than just his friend, or landlord.

Lost in her thoughts she didn't realize how close she'd leaned in to his personal space. She was smiling unintentionally and when she snapped out of it, she pulled her hand away and her cheeks turned a crimson color. "I'm sorry!" she exclaimed. God, how awkward she was being. "I just, well I, I mean, you make me feel like, I'm on the right track...". She shook her head. What? The right track? What the hell was she even trying to say? She knew, but she certainly was sounding like a weirdo.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-15-2012, 09:12 PM

Regan shifted to give more room to Vex on the bed. He wondered what she was thinking. Perhaps her mind was reeling as much as his under this sudden memory loss. It certainly seemed that way.

A flicker of surprise flitted trough the vampire's blue eyes at the warmth of her hand over his. The action was so unexpected, but not entirely unwelcome. Uncertainty wriggled it's way into the vampire's mind, even as he offered up a smile to the woman. "I agree, it would be nice to remember that at least." And what the wolf had been to him, but it just didn't seem so important anymore.

With a chuckle at Vex's apology, Regan reached out to press a hand against her cheek briefly. "Don't worry I know what you mean. It feels like this is right, that we got along very well before." Sitting up, he stretched his legs out before him with a grin. That at least he was fairly certain of, this unbidden knowledge that they'd been at least friends.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-15-2012, 09:39 PM

Vex nodded with a shy smile, so unlike her, but she didn't know that. Would she ever be herself again? She sighed. "Maybe there's a way to remember everything," she offered. "The woman floating behind the bar, she's a genie right? Maybe we could just ask her if she'd do some hocus pocus stuff and get our memories back." She was pretty sure hocus pocus referred to witchery, but he'd catch her drift.

The light blowing of green trees caught her eye out the window. Vex frowned and stood, moving to stand with her hands on the sill. "There's no way," she whispered. She pulled the second story window open and a light and cool summer breeze blew in. "The snow is gone," she whispered again, mostly talking to herself. That was impossible.

She was dreaming. She knew now for sure. The strange pains, the bloody clothes without wounds, the memory loss, the snow... it was all a dream. That was the only thing that made sense. Vex giggled. Then her giggle turned into a laugh and she turned to Regan. "Pinch me," she said still giggling. It would seem she was losing it entirely, although no one could blame her.

((So everyone, the snow is gone! If your characters happen to have been outside, I imagined it just slowly disappearing into the ground, leaving the lush green trees and grass like normal, along with the perfect 70's weather.))

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 PM

It wasn't a bad idea, though Regan doubted it would be that simple. Finding one's memory was bound to be difficult, especially when you didn't know how or why it had disappeared in the first place. Regan was fairly certain it had involved Loki, Vex and himself. They had all known each other. A battle between the wolf and himself didn't seem all that unlikely, and perhaps Vex had gotten caught in the cross fire.

The thought made Regan wince and sadden at the implications of it all. He followed her with his eyes in an attempt to distract himself from such depressing thoughts. Quickly and smoothly, the young man slipped from the bed to stand beside Vex. In one swift movement he grabbed hold of her arm, and pinched her lightly with his free hand. "No, you aren't dreaming and neither am I." Regan joined in with warm laughter of his own, finding the whole situation quite hilarious all of a sudden.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 PM

Vex continued giggling along with Regan once he pinched her. When they finally quit laughing, Vex took a deep breath of the fresh air. Another giggle, then a sniffle, and another giggle. She wasn't going to let herself cry, and laughing seemed to be the only thing keeping her from having a complete breakdown, that and Regan. If he wasn't there to keep her company and if they weren't in some way connected, Vex didn't know what she would have done.

She was filled with emotions now. Something Vex never was. She was flirty and sometimes secretly sad, and a real pain in the ass, but never an emotional woman. She guessed losing your memory and not knowing who you were did that to a person. She looked up at Regan, the only connection she seemed to have to herself, and was filled with emotion again. Was it because they had known each other, or because he was suddenly the only thing she seemed to know about herself and her past?

Vex opened her mouth to speak, but immediately she stopped. Her eyes widened slightly as a memory flooded all of her other thoughts and emotion. It was of her, and Regan. They were somewhere in a room, not this room. He was taking his jacket off, and they were kissing, then they were on the bed together...

And it was gone. She was frowning deeply and still staring into nothing. She was waiting and hoping and praying that that wasn't it, that she'd remember more, something, anything else about herself. But nothing came. Still, she'd gathered a lot from the few seconds of memory. She was a confident woman, and Regan had been a partner to her at one time or another. They'd been in a different place, so maybe they were traveling together.

She looked at Regan again and cleared her throat. Her cheeks reddened and her mouth opened, but she didn't say anything. How was she supposed to repeat happenings like those to someone who didn't even know her anymore, to someone she didn't even know anymore?

"Uh," she said. And that was all. She rubbed the back of her neck and laughed. The situation was rather funny, in a really saddening kind of way. She moved around him and picked up the pack. "I should change," she said, and disappeared into the bathroom.

((Lol see, I'm laughing at her again Papillon. I think Vex who doesn't know Vex is so awkward, it's so out of her character it's just silly.))

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 09-15-2012 at 11:22 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 PM

He knew she was as perturbed by this whole situation as he was. It was instinctive, and just a little because of the bond they shared. He'd have known without it. Regan's laughter died down slowly as the blonde quieted. Blue eyes gazed at her questioningly as he wondered why it was things had sudden become tense between them. Surely it hadn't been because of anything the vampire had done?

Finding himself at a loss, Regan moved to the bathroom door and knocked politely. "Vex, what's wrong? It it's the memory loss I know what it's like, we can talk about it and try to figure it out. And the blood, there's nothing to worry about it's probably something that happened a while ago." It was dry and stiff, like it had been shed days past, even though that wasn't quite true. "I won't let anything happen to you," added Regan with determination. Some things never changed, despite memory loss.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-17-2012, 05:01 PM

Vex had her clothes off by now and the bag of fresh clothes dumped onto the small counter space. She raised an eyebrow at them. These clothes were, not as concealing as she would have hoped, but at least it wasn't still snowing. She chose a purple dress that laced all the way up one side. Before her memory loss, it had been her favorite dress, the one she'd met Loki and Regan in, the one she purposely met most men in.

Standing in the mirror Vex actually smiled. It looked great on her. It fit her form perfectly. It certainly was a change from those cotton pajamas. She pulled her long blonde hair back loosely and glanced at the bathroom door. He won't let anything happen to me... She believed that, too. It was something she felt she'd know, even if he hadn't said it. Still she sighed. She wasn't going to tell him what she remembered of their past together, not right now anyway.

In fact, Vex was beginning to question her past entirely. The only two memories she'd had had been her face on a wanted poster and sleeping with Regan, now this dress was her outfit of choice... She shrugged it off, the real Vex peeking through for a moment. Who cared, she looked sexy. If she wasn't going to get her old life back she could build a new one.

She poked through the makeup on the counter, accentuating her amethyst eyes and reddening her already sultry lips. She slipped her feet into the heels that had been tossed in the corner, she assumed by herself, and smiled again. This all felt so, her. And she felt so much more confident now than in those frumpy pajamas.

Finally she opened the door to Regan. She smiled and gave the vampire a little wink. She was kidding, mostly, but the real Vex was certainly beginning to shine through. "I'm okay," she reassured him. She smiled again and took his hand. "But I could go for a drink," she said, tugging him towards the door. Yes, the real Vex was finally coming through.

Still though, she had many more feelings of uncertainty. Before they made it to the door, she released him. "I'm sorry," she said. "You don't have to come if you don't want to," she seemed to blush a little, "It just felt normal, I didn't even think twice about it." She laughed. "It's silly, I'm being really strange I'm sure. I'm sorry," she said again.