Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-11-2014, 04:43 PM

Remi couldn't figure this man out, there was something about him that he found unsettling though and he couldn't quite put his finger on what it was. "It's what the people in my country call me." He said the words with a slight shrug, as if it didn't really matter. Did it matter? Maybe on some level it did matter to Remi, but he wasn't about to tell Exel or anyone else that. He walked with that other male, soon finding himself at the foot of a stair case.

The way Exel said his name and the words that followed left Remi rather tense. His expression slipped, not to one of surprise, though he was a little surprised, it had slipped into an expression of amusement. For only a moment though. Just that tiny moment. Remi was silent, and he let Exel climb those stairs. Remi had not expected words of comfort, not from Exel and not from anyway. No one had ever offered him words of comfort before so why expect them now. Isabella had been kind to him, but she didn't fully understand what he was.

He made his own way up those stairs, almost slowly. "What would you do with my eyes? Sell them? Use them to destroy your enemies? I hate my eyes, true, but I am very attached to them in a number of ways." He had reached the second floor landing and stood near Exel now, in that lamplight. Remi pulled Exel's coat from his own shoulders and draped the thing across Exel's shoulder. Then a hand closed around Exel's wrist for a brief moment, preventing him from moving forward, though mostly it was to get his attention.

Remi's voice was low, a very serious whisper close to Exel's ear. "Isabella doesn't understand. She knows a little, but she doesn't understand how dangerous I am, she doesn't realize what kind of terrible beast I am. Whatever realm the fog stole her from, I'm sure Alpha Stigmas don't exist there." Remi let go of Exel and began moving forward. Exel could take those words however he liked, either as a warning not to bring up the subject in front of Isabella, or as an invitation to tell her as much as he possibly knew. Some part of Remi hoped he wouldn't tell Isabella too much, some part of him liked having at least one person not think he was a monster.

He glanced at Exel. It was too hard, to try and figure out what that man was thinking. Remi had stopped moving again, though he'd only gone a few steps in the first place. "Tell me now, Exel, are you my enemy?" Well they certainly weren't friends, were they? Remi didn't think so, but for some reason, trying to see Exel as an enemy didn't sit well with him. He knew the man was dangerous, and might even try to take his eyes, but right now, Remi just could not see him as an enemy.

Heolstor
Buggie Masked Heartbroker Queen

Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 PM

exel (the younger twin)

As he stood there without moving a muscle, his chaotic mind had betrayed him, letting his magic slip for a second. He could feel his skeletons twitched like wanting to be settled free, ready to follow any command. Nevertheless Exel wouldn't let them, didn't want Nazar to detect any kind of magic on him. It revealed too much information; information about him that might turn out fatal. Therefore he stood still without doing anything against his form of threat or gaining attention of some sorts; didn't even blink in shock nor surprise. Not for a second he lost eye contact with him while they had physical contact, never he stood there like a cornered dog. With a steady gaze he confonted Nazar's words, one by one he analyzed them, trying to grasp the hidden meaning and the true intention.
Isabella. She was the key. At first he thought they might only have somekind of a loose emotional attachment, but it appeared to him as unlikely that they shared a strong bond already which is now apparently the case. For the reason why Isabella had left him to go off alone remained to Exel as a mystery, but what was clear is that Nazar tried to dwell on Isabella's good side. Actually that rather amused Exel to the point he let out a chuckle. Of course he wouldn't tell Nazar off, that wasn't his style at all. He is that kind of person who would let others do the dirty, uncomfortable work and that didn't change, even though there's nobody to take advantage from. And honestly he couldn't care less of how Isabella viewed Nazar, while Nazar seemed to mind much.
His chuckle came after Nazar had passed him to the hall and asked whether he was his enemy. Indeed it was a weird; or rather late moment to show his amusement from his statements few minutes ago. Where before he only put up a cold, distant expression he now shows colours of what hidden behind the curtains. What's clear is that his chuckle didn't intend to ridicule his last question, despite it might come off that way. "Let me rephrase your question." Exel's expression slowly frozed to how it was before by the time he started to minimize the distance between him and Nazar one more time. "Are you our - not only me but includes my twin, that other woman... and more importantly, Isabella's - enemy?" He stopped only a breath away from Nazar's face, confronting him without averting his glance away from Nazar's eyes. Not only was he asking whether he could hold back his monstrous strength, but he also mentioned the possibility of him turning into a creature that might endanger all of them together. It was a question of trust, rather unusual for Exel indeed, but he just had to make him realise that soon or later, Isabella was to be informed anyways. Suddenly he pulled his face back, passing Nazar and went into the direction the hall lead to. "Rest assured, Nazar. If you don't try another stunt like you did a moment ago, you won't give me any reason to be your enemy." At least for the time being, was the continuation of it, but it never came through his lips.
A click of a door opening itself was heard not far from where they were standing. Isabella was close, Exel didn't even need his skeleton's to tell him that.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-12-2014, 01:02 AM

Isabella pushed the large wooden door open, and peered inside. Grey-white eyes widened in amazement. The room, it was beautiful. It resembled her room, the one she grew up in in the castle as a child. How could that be?

She stepped inside and her hand dropped from the door handle where the key still sat, as she looked around the room. Is was large. Too large to be a room in this Inn. More magic? Isabella cared little. Not when this room brought back wonderful memories of a happier time. A time before she and her sister were hunted, before their parents were slaughtered and their castle demolished.

Pushing the unwanted images aside, Isabella crossed the floor of the large room slowly. The floors were made of warm toned stone. The windows were covered in sheer curtains that she could just imagine blowing beautifully into the room from a summer breeze. A large red rug covered a majority of the floor, and cherry wood furniture, intricately carved, decorated the room. There was a large beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Everything had gold, diamond and ruby accents. A short tea table sat in the center of the room lined with four chairs.

Isabella ran her hand over the arm of a chair. It was the same expensive material that the chairs in her room had been made of; A soft material that felt like no other material in existence. If one looked closely, they would see tiny designs in the fabric, almost too delicate to see with the naked eye. If the Inn was spot-on, the comforter of the bed would be made of the same material.

Off to the left was another room. There was no door to the room, just a very large open space with sheer curtains covering it. They were currently tied back. She crossed the stone floor, surprisingly warm on her bare feet, to find the bedroom.

There was a king sized bed with four posts and a canopy, and another large deep red rug. A cheval floor mirror that would spin around, a small dresser and a vanity, and a small table lined with two more plush chairs. The door to the bathroom, wooden, was off to the right, inside the bedroom.

The voice in the back of her mind, irritated. You always had the bigger and better things. Isabella shook her head. It was because she earned and deserved them. She hadn't been the evil one. A sudden sharp and severe pain in her head caused her to forget what she had been thinking about, to forget the happy memories.

Isabella wondered how the Inn had done it; created this room, too big for the Inn. Could it being warping the very fabrics of this dimension, altering and creating a reality from the memories and desires of the people inside it....

She shivered now, remembering why she had come to find a room in the first place. Isabella dropped the jackets on the floor. She headed to the bathroom before realizing she hadn't closed her door or removed her key. She sighed, almost too tired to go back and retrieve it. She crossed the bedroom floor into the main area, feet padding lighting across the stone.

The water had dried from her skin by now, only still soaked into her white bare-backed dress. Her hair was wet, except around the edges that had finally dried in light waves. She pulled her tie from the back of it, releasing her bun finally. Long dark hair fell to her mid back, almost waist, and it felt good. Isabella wondered if she'd even make it down to dinner, or if she would fall asleep first.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 AM

Hikari half listened while Kyle tried to explain what having a brother was like. It didn't fully make sense, but she kind of understood. Meanwhile, she was sniffing at a block of cheese that had appeared in front of her to check if it was good. It smelled just fine. At Kyle's surprised outburst, she turned around to see if the other woman was okay. As soon as she did, she saw the two aprons that had appeared. Faster than thought, the young woman was at Kyle's side, eyes wide and wondering. "Ooh, they're so cute! Did they just appear out of nowhere?" She squealed, showing a rare bit of girlishness. Usually she was pretty low maintenance, acting more tomboyish, but every once in a while she proved that she was female with her interest in somewhat frilly or cute things. These aprons, of course, fell into the categories of both frilly and cute. "This place is amazing! I wonder what would happen if I asked straight out for something. Let's see...oh, I know! I'd really like a cute, cuddly little kitten!" She said, hoping that it would work. "A kitten? That's what you ask for, out of all the things this place could give you? Sometimes I forget that you're such a child..." Calcifer suddenly spoke up through her, and she scowled. "Oh, shush up Cal! I'm allowed to be young sometimes, right?" Hikari argued back, just as a tiny, fluffy calico kitten appeared out of nowhere and jumped into her arms. "Oh. My. Gosh! You're adorable!!!" Hikari squealed.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-12-2014, 07:01 AM

Exel hadn't liked that physical contact, Remi hadn't liked it either honestly, but that wouldn't show at all. For half a moment, the symbols in Remi's eyes had glowed. Only half a moment, not quite long enough to read anything at all and the activation of his eyes had confused Remi for a moment. It was probably something in this Inn though, Exel wasn't giving off any readings, at all. If Exel had been activating a spell, it would have lasted longer than a second, so there must have been a spike in the magic around them inside the Inn.

It didn't matter. "I don't want to be anyone's enemy." Wouldn't that be a wonderful life? Not running from anyone, never living in the constant fear that you might snap and destroy everything? Such dreams were sweet, but they were far from Remi's reach. "I won't harm you or the others, not without a reason, if I can help it." For a moment one of his hands had clenched into a tight fist by his side and he grit his teeth, then that body relaxed. His tone and his face had remained neutral, and it still was. "I'd rather protect people instead of harm them." Those words were spoken quietly, softer than the others. Almost a whisper.

Remi ran a hand through his hair, watching Exel for a few moments longer. Remi was rather curious, what would Exel do if he did actually give those terrible eyes to him? Honestly such a thing really didn't matter, because Remi had no intention of giving his eyes to anyone. A slight shrug of his shoulders at his own thoughts and then he was taking quick strides. Fast approaching Isabella's door. He had heard it when she opened it, but hadn't heard it close yet.

He couldn't help but think, that this place, even with it's danger and unreadable magic, was oddly refreshing. Not the place itself, but the people within it. The twins were clearly dangerous, one more so than the other, from what he could tell, and Hikari had a demon of some type inside of her. Isabella was almost haunted by her gift, but not the way he was haunted by his own. All of these people he had met, and known only for a very short amount of time filled him with a refreshing filling.

It was a different kind of refreshing than Isabella giving him some of her energy. It was more a refreshing of the soul. All because none of these people had deemed him a monster yet. They hadn't tried to kill him yet, to save themselves from the inevitable threat of an Alpha Stigma. Just because of that simple, meaningless thing, Remi wanted to try even harder to keep control. He didn't want any of them to see the monster inside him.

Especially Isabella.

She was the first one he had met that had so openly accepted him.

Heolstor

Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 PM

kyle (the older twin)

Kyle had to laugh seeing Hikari's reaction upon seeing the aprons. At first he was unsure whether she liked those, but at the time knowing she did, he was only glad. "Yeah, aren't they cute? So cute aren't they! Gosh, I have always wanted to have these kinds of aprons, but never found them! And as I wanted to sew them by myself, my brother told me it's impossible because I am too clumsy." Kyle spoke, more to himself rather than to Hikari while raising the aprons up high to see its whole splendor. Smiling to himself he put one apron on, oblivious to what Hikari did, or rather, wished for. Satisfied with what he saw (and self praising himself in his thoughts, he turned around to Hikari having the other apron with him. "Hey, Hikari, you should put... them on too--" His womanly voice softened bit after bit, as it stopped upon seeing the cat up front.
A cat. A cat cat cat cat; Kyle's natural enemy.
"Whaa!" Kyle squeaked, obviously another kind of squeak from that of Hikari. It was a squeak of disgust, put together with anger and fright. He quickly fall back, his eyes widened in alert and shock while observing the 'creature' down below and his hands blindly searched for something to protect himself on the table. At the time his hands hit on something, he quickly grabbed it without knowing what, and lift that something like a sword towards the cat. And that something turned out to be a cucumber. "Get--- get that--- thing away from me!" His voice was anxious, one could hear it go deeper than he had intended. But right now, he didn't care. Cats formed his nightmares; and he was sure of that night, he won't get a wink of sleep after this. "Come please, Hikari, wish it away and let's cook already!" He whined, now already up climped upon the kitchen table, glanced to Hikari with puppy eyes.

exel (the younger twin)

His answers were to be understood. Of course, nothing else was to be expected anyways. It was obvious that he couldn't help what he did when in trance; Exel knew it from books. Despite never experienced it by himself, the fact that there exist information meant that there were survivors after an outburst of such a power called Alpha Stigma, and that alone let him rest assured for now. Yet he couldn't help but be high alerted around Nazar, as he distrust every sincerity even though he could see how serious he meant his statement about wanting to help people. It is due to him not understanding such an act, that he honestly didn't believe his words. Or rather, couldn't believe it.
Anyways, Exel didn't response to what he answered, didn't feel any need to. He said everything there is and honestly, he had enough of associating with other people, it's rather tiring. It was Kyle's job to talk to people, his twin was hundred times more talented in that. So that's why he followed Nazar in silence as he tried to figure out what the meaning of Nazar watching him for an unpleasantly long time just now exactly was.
As they arrived at the door where Isabella went in, Exel could only frown by her carelessness. Not only did she forgot to close the door, but also the key hanging on it, as if inviting to lock her inside. However, Exel wasn't the one to step inside where a woman possibly had removed her clothes and ready to go under the shower. That was Nazar's job. "It was a good idea to follow her." He merely commented and let Nazar do the next step.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-12-2014, 06:32 PM

Exel was quiet now, but that was fine. Was there really any more that they needed to say to one another? Everything had been laid out on the table already it seemed and Remi didn't need verbal confirmation to know that Exel had understood him, and he expected the other would keep a close eye on him. Even if only for the sake of keeping his twin safe, Remi would expect no less from someone like Exel. Remi was a threat, and he fully expected that if he were to lose control, Exel would not hesitate in killing him. It was not a sad thought, it was merely a fact.

Though the fact that no one was trying to kill him right now. The fact that everyone seemed rather calm in his presence was refreshing. They had reached the door of Isabella's room and Exel seemed to be waiting. Waiting for Remi to just walk in on the girl. He nodded slightly at the other man's words. It had been rather foolish of her to leave the door open and the key stuck in it. "Isabella, we're coming in." A bit of warning, only because it was polite to warn someone before just walking in their room, then he reached out and plucked the key from the lock and stepped into the room.

The room was rather grand, like something royalty would have or some high up noble. Though it seemed even too grand for just a noble. Did Isabella like such grand things? His eyes were already glowing, those symbols glowing purple as he looked over the room. Remi grit his teeth. "I have your key, you left it in the door." He took a few halting steps towards the bedroom area that was behind a curtain, but only a few. Not sure what kind of state of undress Isabella might be in and he didn't really want to walk in on her if she were already naked and in the bath.

His scan was finding nothing. Traces of magic, but nothing he could identify. It was like the rest of the Inn, and it only annoyed him because it meant if there was danger here, he would not be able to see it until the trap was sprung. His body was tense and his hand had clenched into a tight fist around that key. For once in his life, when his ability, his curse, would have been slightly useful it was being the most useless. His facial expression remained neutral, but Remi was slightly frustrated.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Isabella had just exited the bathroom on her way to retrieve her key and close the door when she heard Remi, and the sound of the door opening slightly wider. She was still in her dress, not quite having set the bath ball in motion, and exited her room through the curtains dividing it and the sort of, living space.

Her hair was down now, falling in waves and only slightly damp still. No water remained on her skin, and her white dress was hopefully dry enough, though none of those things were things she thought of. Grey-white eyes found Remi and Isabella smiled. She was glad to see him, and that he had seemed to make friends with their savior.

"Thank you," she said, reaching for the key. "I guess I was just so, mesmerized, and a little, confused, by this room. I just walked in without thinking. I was just coming to get it." She smiled her thanks again, and then averted her attention to Exel. She could only assume that he and his sister were staying, too.

The fog was too heavy to leave, and night had fallen. Little did any of them know, that leaving this place would prove much harder than they would know. If any tried to leave, they would find themselves lost in fog again, and after wandering for an unknown amount of time through a space with no light, yet no darkness and no definite time itself, would find themselves right back at the Inn. No, leaving this place would be through the door, at least not the front door.

"Oh," she said. "Here." Isabella turned around and moved through the sheer curtains into the bedroom again. Earlier when she'd removed the jackets from her shoulders, wondering how she'd clean or dry them to return them, they had disappeared, reappearing only a moment later draped over the foot of her bed.

She returned now with both jackets, clean and dry. She handed one to Remi. "The Inn did it," she explained. "I think that it can read our minds. Earlier when we got here, it gave us keys when I wondered how we would stay without an Inn keeper. Then it produced a field of my favorite flower, and now, my old room." Though she wondered if the Inn had included the secret accesses, and if so, where they would even lead.

Isabella glanced between the two men before continuing. "It has access somehow, to our thoughts and memories. Is has to." She moved to hand the other jacket to Exel but paused, "I can return it if you'd prefer," she offered politely, not expecting Exel to handle her business.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-12-2014 at 07:45 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-13-2014, 03:27 AM

Hikari blinked rapidly. She certainly had not expected that reaction. "W-what...what's wrong? It's just a kitten. He's adorable...at least, I think so." She pouted cutely, cuddling the kitten. It's just a cat, for crying out loud. If it bothers your friend, just wish it away. Calcifer advised her mentally. Hikari sighed and gave the kitten one last kiss before wishing it away. Once it disappeared, she turned to Kyle with sadness in her eyes. "Why don't you like cats, Kyle? I always wanted a pet..." She said, acting like a little kid for a moment.

Heolstor

Old 06-13-2014, 10:24 AM

kyle (the older twin)

It felt wrong to have displeased someone, a woman at that. Kyle felt sorry for that, but he couldn't hide his relief after the cat was being wished away. He sighed, relaxed his tensed muscle and sat down on the kitchen table. It took him several minutes to calm down, until he finally spoke: "Thank you..." He whsipered, went back to his woman voice. His hand shuddered like crazy, which he then calmed down by laying his other hand upon it, spending its warmth. It was alright, it was okay. Nothing happened. "I... it's not like I don't like them... it's just..." He looked up and found himself gazing into Hikari's sad eyes. He felt responsible and pathetic that moment, was angry upon his weakness. "I am sorry." Kyle uttered, quickly averted his eyes away. He couldn't withstand Hikari's gaze, he was unqualified to. An unpleasant silence came afterward... therefore he quickly jumped down from the kitchen table a pan. "Now, let's cook! What do you want to eat? There's so many ingredients here, we could cook anything!" Kyle obviously avoided the question, and also avoided Hikari's gaze. 'How uncool' would be the thing Exel commented in such situation. Kyle had to smile at the thought. "Ohh, what a beautiful meat! Would a hotpot be okay?" He then said and hold up the meat, carrying a fake cheerful smile on his face.

exel (the younger twin)

As Nazar nodded to his comment and walked inside soon afterward, Exel still stood there, not moving from his spot. It was just something to make sure of not interfering into a woman's privacy, despite he was well aware of Nazar had warned her before and gave her time to answer to it even. It might be his twin's influence that he was thinking about others’ sake beforehand, where he ought to care less. He wondered whether that was a bad thing or to be laughed about, either way, he did what he did and waited outside for a few moments. Perhaps also due to his surprise of the 'we' Nazar was talking about. Never was he included in someone's 'we' other than by his twins. It was rather surprising that Nazar considered his presence. After all, Exel did not come with him out of concern about Isabella's well being. It was rather because he wanted to gain more information about this Nazar guy, especially closely observe his eyes. Summary, it was for his own selfish desires, not for anybody's sake. That's why his eyebrows may have twitched slightly by Nazar's warning to Isabella. It was unusual, not unpleasant, but unusual.
Was it possible? The room provided so much space; Exel wondered whether it wasn't an illusion. Or was the whole Inn already under a spell? Exel despised situation that couldn't be predicted, where theories weren't even able to make because he was too less informed. While he looked around in the room without stepping in more than two steps from the door, he found himself gazing upon Nazar one more time, seeing him do the same apparently with no results, or so he translated his body language which was rather limited and almost unnoticed.
At the time Isabella appeared, he had leaned himself on the wall right beside the door. The first thing he thought by seeing her was the long hair which she now had loosened from her bum before. Exel knew it. Women just look better with long hair. While his gaze still rested on her, her expression suddenly changed to a play of happiness. She smiled… a smile that of course was meant for Nazar. She then went for him -- or the key as how Exel emphasized -- and explained her carelessness. It was exactly like what Kyle would be doing. By such similarity, Exel had to smile within his thoughts.
The Inn, how she explained it, began to form itself as one tricky mystery. By knowing that, Exel wasn't exactly pleased. From what he understood so far, before he and his twin had arrived, these two gained a key out of nowhere because merely the desire of wanting to stay. And then when they went inside the room they practically escaped from minutes ago where the flowers were of her favourite kind, giving off poisoned gas of some sort. Afterward the room where her key suited in resembled her old room. Exel would be stupid if he would pass everything as mere coincidence. Isabella had a point. The Inn -- or whoever behind this childish play -- had to somehow know their story. Exel sighed in silence. How he hated the word 'somehow' can't be described.
As Isabella handed him Kyle's red jacket, he left his hands inside his pockets. "Do it yourself.", he said, not rudely, not even harsh. It was spoken monotonous, flat just neutral. It wasn't due to him being lazy or some sort, he just knew that Kyle would be pleased to have her return it rather than him. As simple as that. He didn't expect Isabella to understand her though; he could just misunderstand him too, he was indifferent to what she thought about himself. Not like he had to build any perfect image or something. "Anyways, both of you should get into the shower soon, I don't think you'll have any time left to rest if you don't. My twin is notorious for her quick but delicious cooking." Then he slid down the wall to sit down on the floor, so that he had sight upon the whole room. He didn't show it, but he was rather hungry and yearned for his twin's warm cooking. It had been awhile. "To make it quick, just get into shower together. I am going to play as guard in the meantime." Obviously, Exel didn't mean it as a joke. He was dead serious.

Last edited by Heolstor; 06-13-2014 at 07:13 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM

Remi's eyes were on Isabella the moment she stepped into view. She had taken her hair down and it cascaded down her back and around her face in delicate waves. Remi squished any other thoughts or feelings that might have come up, associated with how lovely she looked or with that smile she gave to him. It was a smile meant for him, and for a moment his lips had twitched into a slight smile. Though it was very quickly replaced by his neutral expression. Yes, Isabella made him want to try much harder than he'd ever tried before, at not turning into a monster.

He released the key into her custody willingly. The symbols in his eyes were still glowing though and his frustration at not finding anything was mounting. His jaw line seemed set a bit tighter, his lips pressed together a bit tighter. Isabella might not notice such things. They were hard to notice unless one was specifically looking for such signs or was used to noticing things like that. Remi wouldn't be surprised if Exel did notice those things though.

He glanced over his shoulder at Exel, the man seemed to linger just at the edge of the door. Close to it, and that probably wasn't a bad thing. If something happened he could perhaps make a quick escape. Isabella had stepped away and now she returned, Remi took his jacket with gentle but somewhat tense hands, and gave Excel a sideways glance at the man's response. The words hadn't been unkind or rude. There was a reason behind his refusal to bring his twin's jacket but Remi was unsure of the reason.

Slowly the glow of his eyes faded. Leaving nothing but simple red orbs and complicated purple patterns to sit there. His fingers were closed tightly around the fabric of his jacket. If only he could find something, some hint, something useful. Just the tiniest thing. Remi had been very silent through all of this, but not oddly silent. He was often silent. Exel's words got a response from him though. A look of surprise had crossed Remi's features and he spun around to face Exel almost immediately. That surprised look still on his face.

Did Exel think that Isabella, well any woman really, would agree to such a thing? To bathe with a man she hardly knew? Remi wasn't interested in her body, that was true, but such a thing would surely make Isabella uncomfortable and things would be very awkward. Isabella was kind to him, Remi would not do anything to ruin the relationship they had already. "No." The word was spoken with an almost dangerous tone to it. That neutral expression slipping back into place.

The danger had slipped from his tone as he continued to speak. "We will bathe separately, as is proper." If Exel wanted to guard Isabella while she bathed, then that meant Remi could go bath as well and not have to worry to much about something bad happening to Isabella. He eyed Exel suspiciously for a moment. "Stay here, guard her well, and I shall owe you yet another debt for helping me." He slipped a hand in his pocket and pulled out his own key. "I will bathe in my own room." Such a thing. Had Excel really, truly thought that Remi would bathe together with Isabella?

If Exel decided he didn't want to guard Isabella, then Remi would stand in that room as her guard and just forgo his own bath. His well being, his needs, his wants, none of them were important because he wasn't important. Sacrificing a bath to keep a person safe was not a big deal for him. Remi wouldn't move yet, waiting first for Exel's response.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 PM

Isabella brought Kyle's jacket close to her body again, retracting it from the offer. Exel had said no, though not necessarily in a rude way. Isabella just assumed he didn't want to run the errand. She also assumed he was somewhat of a jerk. Not because of that one instance. The way he talked to his sister, too, bothered her.

It wasn't her place to comment though, so she said nothing more than, "Sure, I will return after my bath then." It was what Exel said about the bath, that shocked her entirely. Grey-white eyes, slightly wider now, questioned the suggestion. He didn't seem to have any creepy intentions behind it.

Remi commented, while Isabella realized her mouth had been somewhat open. As if the shock had jarred it, or because she might say something, though couldn't find the words. She closed her mouth and nodded, agreeing with Remi. How incredibly improper would that be? With, mostly a stranger, at that.

Isabella looked at Exel again. Perhaps he was used to things like that. But she wouldn't assume much. Assumptions were rude. Like unfair judgements. Isabella tried to judge no one.

And while Exel's words had shocked her. Remi's words were the ones that caused her to frown. He would indebt himself, for her? She was sure he would do it for anyone. But she didn't like it. He was putting others above himself again, putting her above himself. She didn't see herself as any better than anyone here.

She hated that he had said that. She'd always been treated like some object, a tool, some valuable piece of property that needed locked away, hidden and protected. That's what her gift had made her. And no one ever saw her for anything other than her gift.

Isabella hung her head for a moment. She wouldn't say anything. Remi was only trying to be nice, at his own expense of course. She smiled at him, and then Exel, and excused herself. If one had been looking, he might see that glint of sadness in her eyes. She'd never been good at hiding her emotions.

Besides, Remi and Exel were grown men. They made their own deals and decisions. If either of them stayed, fine. If they both left, fine. Isabella hated being "looked after". She couldn't protect herself well, and she knew that, but still. Did everyone have to treat her like that? First her parents and the castle guards, then anyone who'd been 'fortunate' enough to have her help, or capture her for her power, and now someone she considered a friend.

The voice in her mind laughed at her. You're your own weak link, it laughed again. No more than a pretty container for a "great" gift. That's the only reason anybody cares about you. It's your power they're protecting. When you die, you'll only be mourned for the loss of what you could have done with your abilities.

Isabella by this time had moved through the sheer curtains into her bedroom. She placed the jacket on her bed. Always the bigger person, Isabella refused to confront or argue with the voice. She always ignored it, in fact. The voice only ever commented on her thoughts, rarely getting a reaction from Isabella.

Yeah, it scoffed. Always so proper and polite, it spat. Isabella squeezed her eyes shut, wondering why she always had to be so tormented by her sister. The bitter laugh in her mind faded. All she'd wanted was a negative reaction, as always. Always trying to skew Isabella's good intentions, and genuine kindness.

As she entered the bathroom, Isabella yawned. She truly was exhausted. Pulling the thin white dress down over her shoulders, it piled up on the ground around her feet. She padded across the white tiled floor to the large bath across from an even larger showering area. Expensive looking embellishments decorated the room. If one looked closely enough, they would notice that the grout between tiles was made of pure gold. The knobs of the shower, sink and bath, of diamond.

It almost made Isabella's heart hurt. It had been quite sometime since she'd seen her old room. Not since her parents were slaughtered, their castle demolished, and her aggressive and heart breaking split from her sister, some time before her 'extermination', as a kingdom had called it. All thoughts of which received no bitter comments from her latter half. Of course.

She ran water into the tub until it was full and steaming. She dimmed the lights to a relaxing tone, and tested the water, before stepping both feet in and sinking into the hot water. Her muscles reacted gratefully, relaxing almost instantaneously. She ran her hands over her own delicate skin, splashed water over her face and re-wet her hair.

Isabella then closed her eyes and rested her head against the short side of the large tub and took a deep breath. It even smelled like her old bathroom. A mixture of sea salts and something similar to lavender, only sweeter. At some point, she would have to deal with the fact that none of this was normal, or safe. But for now, she was okay with tricking herself into reliving her old happy life, if only for a few minutes. She wasn't sure she would ever go down for dinner.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-13-2014 at 08:32 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-14-2014, 03:14 AM

Hikari wasn't fooled by the fake smile. She had seen Kyle's hand shudder, heard the fear in her voice, and noticed the glaringly obvious was she avoided the question. Hikari wasn't stupid. Naive, perhaps, but not stupid. Something had happened to make Kyle so terrified of a simple kitten. So instead of making a fuss, Hikari simple walked up to the other woman and hugged her. "I don't know what happened, and I won't make you tell me, but it's okay. I'll never wish up a cat again." She said sincerely, then let go and tied on her apron. "Now, I was thinking of a lovely steak, with potatoes, carrots and tons of other stuff. And for dessert, I thought of this treat I had once called Onigiri. Then there's Irish soda bread, which is delicious...oh, there's so much to choose from!"

Heolstor

Old 06-14-2014, 12:07 PM

kyle (the older twin)

Kyle was very glad that Hikari understood. Not many tolerated his weird behaviour without getting a proper explanation. For that, he was very grateful. As he opened his mouth to express his gratitude, Hikari suddenly hugged him. A hug to make him feel better. A hug that showed her acceptance. Never had someone ever hugged him, never. It was always him who hugged someone; even his twin never hugged him out of his own accord. Kyle was surprised, but in the other hand happy. His pale cheeks might have flushed by her touch and warmth. It was pleasant; something he preferred to be longer than it had lasted. As Hikari loosened the hug and went to wear the apron, one could see an obvious expression of dissatisfaction on Kyle's face. However he soon contained himself and clapped enthusiastically as if the event from seconds ago has been forgotten. "It suits you so much! So cute!" He said with a lovely smile on his face as he jumped down from the kitchen table and fixed his apron. All food Hikari listed sound delicious, indeed. Kyle had to laugh seeing her confusion, knowing exactly what she meant. "Something that gives everyone back the energy they need! I'll prepare the potatoes." He said while he went to wash his hands. Then he blinked suddenly. "Wait-- what did you say just now? Onigiri? I don't know that... is it delicious?" He asked while searching for a peel tool, which appeared suddenly in front of him. He frowned. He couldn't help but feel rather insecure; yet he grabbed the peel tool anyways and took the potatoes. "Hikari... you have to tell me about yourself. How did you end up with the demon inside you if I may ask?"

exel (the younger twin)

Exel looked up, gazing into the red orbs with purple patterned eyes of Nazar. He could read his confusion through them, but merely seeing his expression that changed completely from his usual, neutral face was enough to know that he had said something wrong. Exel withstood his gaze with a rather faint challenging smirk. He was well aware that it was nothing both of them could do; as they needless to say are man and woman, obviously in no relationship that allows them to do so. However, he still suggested it. Whether it was due to amusement's sake or due to a logical reason one couldn't tell through his expression. Fact didn't change though, that it was easier to guard two people in one place rather than two people in two different places. That he offered to guard them was simply because he knew, he needed their assistance to solve the mysteries around the Inn. Surprisingly about Exel is that he was quite stubborn if something goes unexpectedly and without him be able to reason. In his dictionary, a mystery wasn't supposed to exist.
He realised Nazar's suspicion and merely looked up to him from where he sat. "I am not being improper. It's merely a logic suggestion judging from the situation we're in. Nothing more, nothing less." Exel answered with an indifferent expression. Then as Nazar showed his own key, Exel frowned. These were rather carefree people, he concluded. He guessed that what happened to both of them might not really get down their skin too much as them seem to both prefer going their own ways anyways. Rather stubborn, on the other hand. And in exactly that point, Isabella excused herself, seem to think her smile suffice to share her opinion abour Exel's suggestion.
Exel sighed and waved Nazar away. "Go then, like I care. I pass though. If you want to be assured of her safety, guard her yourself." Having said that he stood up. "As you don't need your key for now, let me borrow it." He wanted to know more about this Inn, and he won't accomplish that by wasting time guarding a stranger. Plus, he wanted to try something out that can only be done with Nazar's key.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 PM

Remi just could not figure this man out. He also couldn't figure Isabella out at the moment, she had hung her head when he mentioned Exel guarding her alone. Did she want Remi to stay? There was something in her eyes when she had turned away, but Remi wasn't sure what it was. He let her go without questioning it though, she needed her bath and a bit of rest and he would not delay her from that any longer. He also didn't see how Exel's suggestion of bathing together was very logical. The only one that needed guarding was Isabella. Remi didn't need anything like that. He didn't say that out loud either though.

Now the man was telling him to guard Isabella himself, well that was fine. Though why was he so eager to guard them both, but not just the one? Was Exel more concerned for Remi's safety than the woman's? Perhaps it was his eyes that Exel really did want, or maybe he just didn't like being asked to do things? Remi couldn't find reasons or justifications behind the man that was Exel. He was sure that reasons were there, but this man was very hard to read. When his key was mentioned, Remi blinked and looked down at the object in his hand.

He held it up, pinched between two fingers, and stared at it. Those symbols in his eyes glowing as he scanned the key. There was a frustrated twitch of his jaw, as his scan revealed absolutely nothing to him. "Here." There was almost a hint of annoyance in that generally neutral tone of his as he held the key out to Exel. "Do whatever you want. I'll be here if you need me." The symbols had stopped glowing, and Remi relaxed a bit more, as if trying to hide the miniscule signs of frustration and annoyance that this place filled him with.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-15-2014, 04:02 AM

Hikari nodded. "Okay, I'll start on the steak." She said. Every seasoning she needed was waiting for her on a large counter along with several gorgeous steaks. "Oh, Onigiri is great! It's from a place called Japan. It's a sticky rice ball with different fillings, and a strip of seaweed on the bottom. It tastes better than it sounds." She explained, imagining a perfect onigiri. The next question that Kyle posed was one Hikari had been waiting for. Everyone asked when they found out. Cal, should I tell her the real story? She asked mentally. I think this one can be trusted. Go ahead. The demon replied. Hikari nodded and turned to Kyle.

"The story is an interesting one. Not many people know it, mostly because there's a big secret. I'm telling you because I trust you to keep this secret." She started, her tone serious. "When I was young, I lived with a very powerful wizard. He raised me and taught me many things, and we lived in a giant moving castle. It was great...until the day I turned seven years old. The wizard had raised me for a very specific reason, you see, and he put that reason into action on my seventh birthday, when he deemed me "ready." He drew a giant spell circle on the floor and had me stand in the middle. He told me I was going to be part of the most important spell he'd ever cast. He didn't step into the circle with me. From his position outside, he began to recite the spell. Once the circle started glowing, he produced an object." She paused here, looking mildly frustrated.

"To this day I couldn't tell you what the object was, or even what it looked like. It was just...an object. The wizard tossed the object into the circle for me to catch. When I caught it, it started to glow almost blindingly. And then I started to glow, too. Then something strange happened, and I felt that the object was now inside of me, but not in a physical way. It's hard to describe. I thought it was over, but then a second circle hidden inside the first one began to glow. This one was a summoning circle. I recognized it instantly, and I was afraid because it was the kind one used to summon very powerful demons. There were only two reasons for a human to be in the center of a summoning circle: first, they're a sacrifice or second, they're about to be bound to the demon. For me, it was the second. "

"The wizard explained that he had hidden inside of me a very powerful object, something that could grant wishes or destroy worlds depending on who wielded it. He said he hid it inside of me to keep it safe, and that as an added measure to keep me safe, he was going to seal a greater demon within me as well. Then he started the summoning, and I blacked out so I don't remember what happened after that."
She finished with a sigh.

((Yes, totally stole from Howl's Moving Castle and InuYasha there.))

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 06-15-2014 at 04:04 AM..

Heolstor

Old 06-16-2014, 01:54 PM

kyle (the older twin)

Kyle widened his eyes upon hearing her explanation about onigiri. Japan. It was that weird country where he desired to go to, but never had a chance to. "Wow, it sounds rather simple. I want to taste that definitely!" He said, showing a sincere enthusiasm and excitement. She sure was looking forward to the meal there'll be.

At first, he was reluctant to even ask such personal question. It was not his business, but it wouldn't be Kyle if he didn't dare. He expected a short summary of what happened, or only few words; Kyle actually didn't let his expectation take over so that he won't get disappointed but Hikari revealed more, than Kyle dared to expect. Kyle was known to be a rather impatient listener, but at this one he shut his mouth completely, peeling the potatoes in silence as Hikari told him her story. The idea of a giant moving castle really inspire him for a second and made him wanted to know more about it, but soon he was caught deep inside her past story, hearing her out until th every end.

At the end of the story, Kyle had a deep frown on her face without knowing. He was engrossed in what she just told him, but also found no logical reason to explain the wizard's doing. Was it done for Hikari's sake, or for the wizard's selfishness and laziness not wanting to deal with the demon? Kyle didn't like him thinking badly of someone he never even met, so he decided to ask anyways. "Do you know why the wizard did it? And why must it be you? He must have told his reasons... right?" Kyle asked, raising the peeling tool up and swinging it in the air, confused and a bit irritated about what a wizard is doing to a mere seven year old child, a girl at that! "And no worries, I won't ever tell anyone! But after hearing your story, I need to see the wizard for myself."

exel (the younger twin)

Surely, what made him change his mind didn't have anything to do with Nazar. Perhaps a bit with Isabella's behaviour from just now, but hearing Nazar had another key made him think several possibilities. Truthfully, he was rather excited despite not showing it. Would the key reveal to be something special after all? What will wait for him inside? He was curious whether the Inn would prepare the room for Nazar, the owner of the Key or Exel, who had received it afterward, saying that he wanted to 'borrow' it, for now.

He watched Nazar holding out the key but stopped midway. He stared at it. Was he scanning them for traces of magic? Exel lifted his eyebrows gently, showing again his impatience. He didn't think there was anything oddly about it as Nazar soon gave him the key with a hint of annoyance. "Thanks." He muttered almost not audible. One might think it was due to him disliking showing any sign of gratitude, but soon he smirked which didn't reveal any good intention. Meanwhile his key disappeared in his pockets playfully and he stepped towards the door. Then he turned around for the last time, his expression back to its indifference. "I'll be sure to give it back to you. Rest until then if possible." With those words, he stepped out of the room without bothering to close it.

He didn't know where to start. He had the key, but it didn't show anything so that he might know to which door it belongs to. It felt like a normal key, there was no nothing that might distinguish it from other keys. Now he could associate to Nazar's slight annoyance about this. Whoever - or whatever - behind this whole fucked up story didn't really bother to give hints at all. As a sigh escaped Exel lips, thinking he might have to try all the doors in this corridor out, suddenly through a key hole he could see a flaming light suddenly go on. Normally he would have thought that someone is already in the room, but a strange feeling told him otherwise. Was it perhaps the hint he desired? Either way, Exel went for the door not really far from Isabella's room and the staircase, and tried the key out.

It was a perfect fit.

Exel frowned, putting it out again. Suddenly he whirled around and tried another random door, but there the key just didn't fit in. As he went back to the first door, there were insecurity crawling up, getting down his skin. It was as if his whole body rejected the idea of him opening the door. What could there be which might cause damage to his mind? Soon he got rid of all the unpleasant thoughts, stepped up front and finally opened the door with the key. A sound of the door opening was heard, yet Exel didn't open the door immediately. His insecurity finally won over his heart and made him activate his magic. From out of his pockets, there came one little skeleton, not bigger than a grown up's hand, slowly climbed its way up to his shoulders where it sat down. Then he finally opened the door, at first a little, than sensing a fimilarity suddenly banged it wide open. The bang wasn't so loud but enough to be heard through the halls in the second floor. The room revealed nothing from Nazar memories, that's for sure. Because what he saw in front of him was a room he knew from his past memories. A room he despised from the buttom of his heart.

Exel gritted his teeth almost fiercly, tried to withhold his temper so he won't go ahead and destroy everything in the room. His skeleton finally talked, sharing the information he had gathered;;

[ooc: I'll have him talk in the next post, just so I can make sure that I am allowed to add those informations =3]

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Isabella opened her eyes. She hadn't been in the bath long. It had been a nice hot soak, but she knew dinner was in the making, and that it would be quite rude to leave people waiting on her. She inhaled the relaxing aroma of bath one last time, before pulling the plug.

She grabbed the plush towel and wrapped it around herself, stepping out of the tub. Just as she had suspected, her white dress was clean and dry now, folded nicely beside the sink. She couldn't figure the Inn out. It was helpful and welcoming, but it had also tried to kill them. Maybe what had tried to harm them wasn't the Inn itself, but something inside that room?

There were a hundred possibilities. Isabella dried off and towel dried her hair, before braiding it down her back. The braid reached her waist, and when she slipped into her dress, the braid laid down her bare back, meeting the point at the bottom. That was the most she did. She had naturally long eyelashes that always appeared to be mascaraed, and the subtlest of natural rose color in her cheeks and lips, and found makeup to be something for special occasions only.

She also wore no shoes, but she never did. One might think that's just how she preferred it, but she had her reasons. She folded the towel perfectly, and hung it across the drying bar, before padding out of the bathroom. She picked up she jacket and exited her room through the sheer curtains to see Remi.

Grey-white eyes searched the room, but saw no sign of Exel. "Nazar," she spoke, happier to see him than any of the others, especially Exel. "Thank you," she said, in reference to his 'guarding' her, though she'd not liked it. She would never like it, though it was a necessary thing, she knew.

She wondered what Remi would want now. He could use her bathroom, and she would wait. Or he could find his own room, and she would follow. Or she could meet him downstairs with the others, when he was done doing what he needed to do on his own. It was obvious that she waited for his instruction, perhaps out of habit of receiving orders, perhaps because she simply wanted to know what his plan was and to let him know that she would be there when he was done, like a friend would.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM

He just nodded slightly at Exel when the man took his key and told him to rest. Remi pulled his own jacket on, pulling it closed tight about him. He didn't care about being damp anymore, he didn't care about a bath anymore. He was hungry, but more than that, he just wanted to sleep. Remi had watched Exel go, and he remained standing where he was. If something happened, even him being so far from where Isabella was, he was sure he'd get to her in time. Those eyes of his were dancing around the room again, he was trying to scan for things again. Again coming up with nothing.

A loud noise caught his attention though, and he turned to poke his head out into the hallway. Had Exel run into trouble? Remi's expression was completely neutral, but he caught a glance of Exel not far away. The man seemed fine, perhaps just started by the room he found behind the door. It made Remi wonder if Exel was seeing a room made for him, or made for Remi, since it was Remi's key. He might ask, maybe. Though if Exel wanted to tell such information, he surely wouldn't keep it to himself, would he? Remi wasn't sure. That man was too hard to figure out.

His attention returned to his own task, standing, waiting and watching to keep Isabella safe. She was approaching him now, done with her bath apparently, a smile on her lips. The way she smiled at him, it almost made him want to run away. If she truly understood the kind of monster he was, she would never smile at him like that. He didn't hold her gaze long. "The room seems safe, but I really can't be sure." Those lips had turned down into a frown again, then that neutral expression returned. It wasn't entirely Isabella though, he wanted to protect them all.

"All the rooms should be checked, though I don't think it'll do any good." His cursed eyes, they were so useless. It made him feel oddly helpless and vulnerable. "I'll be down shortly, you should go on ahead. Stay close to the other girls, if anything happens, you should all be safer as a group." He was showing concern for all of them, not just Isabella, though she was the one that made him want to try so much harder at not being a monster. He stepped to the side a bit, so he wasn't blocking the doorway from her. Once she stepped out, he would step out as well. His intention was to approach Exel now, and find out what the man had discovered. He didn't expect it would be anything too useful. This place seemed to like to hold on to it's secrets.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Isabella smiled and nodded. She draped the jacket over her arm and moved toward the door, stopping in front of Remi. Standing on her toes, she reached up to give him a friendly and reassuring kiss on the cheek, like a friend might upon departing another. She squeezed his arm gently, and smiled once more before exiting her room.

She glanced down the hall to see Exel, peering into a room. What could he be seeing, she wondered. She was curious, but she was hungry, and tired, and whatever he saw was probably none of her business. Besides. He was most unpleasant.

Isabella continued down the hall and to the staircase, where she descended to the bottom floor. Nothing there seemed to have changed. The front door was closed, and the fireplace was still lit, an occasional popping sound from the wood.

She heard voices in the kitchen, and headed for that door, feet padding delicately across the floor, almost silently. She pushed the swinging door open with the arm draped with Kyle's jacket, while knocking lightly with the other to announce her presence without barging in.

Isabella was just in time to see Kyle swinging the peeler around. She stopped, surprised, but realized that Kyle wasn't attacking Hikari, but being very animated instead. She smiled at the pair and crossed the kitchen gracefully to where they stood. "I hope I'm not interrupting a private conversation," Isabella chimed in her enchantingly angelic and sincere tone.

She offered the jacket to Kyle. "Thank you," she started, "It's clean and dry," she explained. "Thanks to the Inn," she gestured to the kitchen, grey-white eyes sparkling in their own amazement by this place. She noticed the large amount of food covering the counter tops. It looked like the beginnings of a great feast in the castle she'd grown up in.

"How can I help?" she asked with a genuine and friendly smile from those naturally rose tinted lips. Isabella looked between the pair, awaiting their instruction, not wanting to be in the way or ruin what they had started. Once again, it was obvious that she was waiting for an order, though no one could be sure if from habit, or courtesy.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-16-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 PM

Remi watched her when she had stopped in front of him, so close. Then she raised up on her toes and before he realized what was happening she had kissed him on the cheek, and given his arm a reassuring squeeze. That neutral expression was completely gone. His eyes were wide with shock, surprise, and confusion. He was uncertain, not sure how to react to something like this and not even sure why she had done it. Then she was gone, on those delicate feet of her's, moving off towards the stairs and then down them.

He raised his hand, fingers gently touching his cheek, Remi had stepped out behind her, pulling the door closed with his other hand. Then his feet carried him towards Exel, those fingers still touching his cheek and that confused, almost startled expression was on his face. Remi was having trouble getting his composure back, it had been such an unexpected gesture. His lips were slightly parted as he approached Exel, as if he wanted to say something, though the expression his face left it clear to all that he had no idea what to say. Or what to do.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 PM

Yue is a 182.88 cm tall Nunnhei, with raven hair and piercing blue eyes. Due to martial arts training, as well as work in guns and various other weapons, Yue is a skilled fighter, able to hold his own. His Nunnhei flames take on a blue color. He has the ability to see and interact with spirits around him, including hearing them and physically feeling them as if their actually living or solid. He has a Death Sense, and is able to bend energy to his will, most of the time in a spiritual way. As a Nunnhei, he has a true form as all his race do. His birthmark coming off as a red cross upside down upon his lower abdomen. His tail is unique to his bloodline as well. He is a mystery to most, due to his tendancy to keep more to himself within his life. He never goes anywhere without his gloves and goggles.

---------------------------

It was not so much of the fog that was making the hair on the back of his neck stand up, as the strange energy and whispers that seemed to come along with it. He could feel his muscles tensing a bit under his clothes, and his inner instinct beginning to arise within with the intention of knocking whatever dared to approach him at the moment's head off. He took a breath sighing slightly, slipping his hands into his pockets. He paused soon enough though, staring at the odd building that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere before him. Arching an eyebrow lightly, he tilted his head to the left a fraction of an inch. He immediately got a strange vibe from this place, but there was also hints of people within. He turned for the moment, looking back the way he had come. Sighing a bit, there was really little chance of going back at this point. That was fine with him, at this point, he had no intrest in going back.

He moved to the door, reaching a hand up to the knob. He paused for a moment before he took ahold of it. Pushing the door open, he stepped inside of the building, which at the moment seemed empty. His eyes flickered around the room, taking in the view around him. It was quaint, a bar across the room. He allowed the door behind him to close as he stepped inside, his boots the only sound as he did so. He stood inside the door, before he made his way towards the bar. He was a bit curious he had to admit, with this odd place that had managed to pop out of nowhere. It was certainly not natural at all. He tensed a bit, turning to look up towards the roof for a moment. Shaking off the feeling he was getting, he placed a hand upon the bar. Seemed no one was around for the moment, and that was fine with him. He was not much of a people person.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:08 AM

Hikari, who had just finished seasoning the steaks, turned around. "He told me. He said he raised me for that very reason, trained me special so that I could be his hiding place for that object. He said there was no one he trusted more. Calcifer was just insurance, a way to protect me in case I couldn't protect myself. You know the worst part?" She asked bitterly, crossing her arms. "I can't even use the object or it's powers. It's locked and sealed inside of me, but I can't use it. And people have been hunting me my whole life just to get the stupid thing." She said. Since the object was sealed in her, the only way to get it out was to extract it magically, which would kill her.

Heolstor

Old 06-18-2014, 11:55 AM

kyle (the older twin)

Now I guess Kyle could understand for one part, the something he sealed inside her was dangerous. Another thing however, that he couldn't understand is simply the definition of the wizard's trust. Was it really trust that made him do that to her? Kyle snorted resentful. Someone who dares to do something like that to her, using her as hiding place and made her a target for hunters her entire life could just die in the worst way possible. Kyle still swung the peeling tool around with a frown, obviously despised the wizard now completely. "He's the worst. How can he just let you be a victim all through your life? That's just so despicable! Really, if I meet him I would--" His voice slowed down and its down changed to a deep bass, making it sound dangerous and fearsome for a second as Isabella walked in.

Her whole attire seem fresh and well, not wet; but also her appearance looked more appealing and beautiful than ever. Kyle could smell a hint of soap and shampoo; it smelt pleasant... rather too pleasant. "Isabella!" He greeted her cheerfully as he placed down his peeling tools and threw the last potatoe into a pot. Then he had to laugh hearing her first words. He winked her in as he washed his hands. "No, no worries, right Hikari? We just talked about how cute the aprons are and..." Kyle suddenly hugged Hikari from behind, to let Isabella have full view upon Hikari wearing the apron. "... how cute Hikari looks in them! Right, right?" Of course, he didn't forget to keep Hikari's past a secret, that's why he told Isabella that little lie. Not like it's entirely wrong, right?

With that he approached Isabella and smiled with glee. "Oh thank you, all clean I see!" He received his jacket from her and held it high. "Thank you very much for returning this, you're so sweet!" He hung his jacket on his shoulders and now hugged Isabella. What's so pleasant about crossdressing as a woman is simply that they won't complain about skin contact. And obviously, Kyle enjoyed such advantage to its fullest. "Hemm... you smell wonderful. I hope you rested well and..." Suddenly he released his hug and stared into Isabella's eyes. Sharply, observantly. "That guy didn't do anything foolish while you were in the bath, did he?" He didn't like any guy other than his brother (himself excluded) therefore he can't help but think badly of any other men, the 'creatures' he detested.

At her question he blinked, tried to remember. "Ehm... Hikari suggested making steak with potatoes, carrots and so forth. So you can help preparing the-- oh and of course, Onigiri! You know, I also only knew today that--" Suddenly, he heard the door being opened. The kitchen was not far away from the bar in the front, so he could hear it, not only because he had a sharp pair of ears. "Someone came in." He muttered and without other words, popping his head out of the kitchen, sneaking glances to the front room. There was someone sitting close to the bar... someone... as he recognized that someone to be a guy, he lost interest and closed the kitchen door. Not loudly, but enough to let people wonder. "Only a guy..." He said disappointed and went back to the two women.

exel (the younger twin)

"On the door, on the door..." So spoke the skeleton. Exel merely frowned. He thought so, it was necessary to get those skeletons talk properly, not like a freaking annoying parrot, unable to say one thing only one time. It's annoying him, especially in this kind of situation, that someone repeated things with such a brainless manner. He closed his eyes, tried to get rid of his anger as he finally walked back to the door. "Torn, torn... two, more! two dimensions!" Suddenly the skeleton on his shoulder's went crazy and destroyed itself. It was too much information, Exel guessed while mustered the little bones scattered on the ground that were once one of his skeleton. Oh well, not something he had to be sad about.

He kicked the 'trash' away and gazed at the door frame. Indeed. Despite it was very difficult to see, for the careful observer would see the little particles were different, forcefully someone -or something- tried to connect two different dimensions and apparently succeeded. How interesting. So was this the real room of her mother? From the woman they detested so much? He walked back inside the room, gently brushed her bed. A chuckle escaped from his lips. Whether it was nostalgia he felt or an unfamiliarity he wasn't sure himself. Then he took a glance to the wide table there and the window, which showed the same scenery that he had seen as he was a child. His gaze softened for a while... then it hardened again as he heard steps. Someone had gone to the staircase, going down with light steps. It wasn't Nazar, if that's it; Exel was sure it was Isabella who left for the first floor.

At the very second when he wondered about where Nazar was, he heard his steps not far away. Seems like they're both done. Didn't dare to look back, he stepped outside of the room while pushing the rests of his skeletons inside the room with his foot and finally closed it. Turned around the key and locked the door, waited for Nazar to reach him. His steps slowly approached him, then he finally looked up. He was in a strange condition. With his slightly opened mouth and his hand touching his cheek; no he was far from his normal demeanour, it made Exel raised his eyebrow. There could be several things happen, but thinking back it was strange that Isabella and Nazar didn't walk down together. Unless-- "As it proper, hmm." Exel repeated Nazar's words from when he rejected Exel's suggestion of bathing together while he mustered Nazar with slight amusement. He couldn't hide it honestly, due to him liking to see others losing their countenance. "Whatever happened, don't let Kyle get wind of it. It won't end well for you." Exel eventually commented with a faint smirk. "And here, your key." Tossing the key to Nazar's direction, he walked down the staircase.

Last edited by Heolstor; 06-18-2014 at 12:02 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-18-2014, 04:08 PM

The aprons? Isabella looked at Hikari's apron when Kyle hugged her. The aprons were, cute. They didn't have aprons like those where she came from. The servants of her dimension were the only people to wear aprons, and they were rather plain. Minimal frills and never multicolored. These looked like some kind of costume piece to Isabella, and she couldn't help but smile.

When Kyle hugged Isabella, she felt somehow awkward. Kyle was such a tall woman, and very affectionate, so Isabella could tell. She didn't think too into it. Just because she wasn't used to such affection, didn't mean that there was anything wrong with it. Though it did make her miss her mother dearly. "Thank you," she said at Kyle's comment on her scent, though her eyebrows wrinkled at he next words.

Surely she wasn't talking about Remi? "Nazar is my friend, and quite the gentleman," she started. "If not for Nazar, I'd have surely died today in that room, that other dimension filled with lilies, do you understand?" Her expression turned thoughtful. He didn't think very much of himself, and now this stranger to him didn't either. But why? Kyle knew not of Remi, why would she assume wrong of him so quickly?

Isabella still hadn't caught onto Kyle's distaste for men, or that she wasn't really a she in the first place. "Besides," she said, speaking tenderly and genuinely as to not upset Kyle, "Exel is the one who's...", how could she word this? Angry? Rude? Someone she wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley with? "...frightening." She finally said. It was the only word she could think of, especially while trying hard not to be judgmental.

Grey-white eyes searched Kyle for hints of anger or sadness, as hurting her feelings or offending her was not Isabella's intention. Surely Kyle would understand, from a stranger's point of view. He had gone and come back, and Isabella blinked owlishly. Only a guy? Isabella was missing something. Kyle had seemed so warm and welcoming and friendly before..... to her and Hikari only.

She was finally understanding. Perhaps Kyle did not like men at all. Looking back on Kyle's hugs made Isabella a little uncomfortable now, and her pink cheeks deepened the slightest bit. Perhaps she was completely wrong. Anyway, someone should greet the newcomer and let him know what this place was.

Isabella excused herself. "It looks like you have things under control," she said politely. "I'll let the newest guest know what's going on here. At the Inn. Not here, in the kitchen. That's not what I meant. Not with you two. Not that there's anything going on between you two. That's not what I meant either."

She couldn't stop herself, and every time she tried to fix what she'd said, she made it worse. This was an awkward and clumsy speaking side of Isabella that was very rare. She always seemed so poised and sure and gentle and kind, but now she seemed much more like a stuttering school child. It was very rare indeed, and she was quite embarrassed by it. "Excuse me," she breathed, before quickly slipping out the door.

Isabella stood there with her back to it for a moment. She took a deep breath and regained her composure. There, across the room was the newest guest. How many would the Inn trap? Isabella crossed the floor, bare feet barely making a sound. Like was customary in her dimension for royalty, she'd already assumed the role of welcoming anyone new, warmly.

"Hello," she chimed in a voice like an angel's harp, with a gentle smile. The circumstances here were so much different from what they would be in a castle though. Never the less, someone needed to fill him in. After all, they would all be stuck together for quite a while.

Isabella had only recently finished her bath, and the lingering scent of sweet soaps would overcome the old smell of the Inn for a few moments. Her naturally pink cheeks were still slightly deeper from her fumbling of words in the kitchen, and the braid down her bare back was still damp. Grey-white eyes were warm with welcome. "I'm Isabella," she offered Yue.