Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-17-2018, 11:27 PM

Augustus popped the quarter's in and gripped the joystick, ready as the intro rolled across the old-style screen. There was something about this kind of hideaway, filled with noise and popcorn smell, the flashing lights, and bustle of people wrapped up in their own worlds that drew him in. It was perhaps, a escape, but also more than that. Truthfully, Augustus just wanted to experience the wild world he was raised to be above.

"If there's an ATM nearby, I can break a fifty and then we can play the shooting game together. I heard my costar's little brother talking about Space Invaders this morning so I wanted to try to it first," Augustus continued to chatter, glancing over at Buck. The other man hadn't said anything since they entered the arcade, but that didn't phase him. As the little 8-bit characters filled the screen, Augustus turned his attention back to the machine, sure he could figure out the mechanics without help.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-18-2018, 01:05 AM

Buck watched the blond with a raised eyebrow, just letting Augustus chatter like he knew this world. He nearly snorted with derision at how flippantly Augustus talked about breaking a fifty, as if everyone carried around big bills like that and could afford to blow them on video games. None the less, Buchanan's amber eyes scanned the arcade until he saw the desired machine complete with its little sign hanging above stating ATM.

"You are in luck," Buck said with a shake of his head. "There is an ATM over there in the corner, next to the snack counter." At the mention of snacks, Buck's stomach took that moment to remind him that he had skipped lunch and that his bagel from breakfast was long gone. It gave a loud rumble that would have nearly put a dragon's growl to shame.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-20-2018, 07:21 PM

"Ah great, I'll do that in a bit...ah, wait. How do you avoid these falling raindrops?" Augustus huffed, almost immediately getting hit by the alien space craft. With the little 8-bit figures, he wasn't even sure what he was supposed to be dodging, or why. Since when did space ships drop rain? Squinting harder at the game, he started his second attempt with more seriousness, but no more clues than before. "Huh. It rumbled too. Is that normal? That almost sounded like the game is hungry. So strange, but I like it anyway!" he added, misinterpreting the sound from Buck's stomach as coming from the game, as loud as it was.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-21-2018, 06:58 AM

Buck felt his cheeks heat slightly at Augustus' words and he debated whether he should tell the blond that the sound was from his stomach or the game. He found though, as easy as it would be to pass it off on Augustus naivete at arcade games, Buck didn't want to lie to the other man. "That wasn't the game," he said finally, trying to keep his tone nonchalant. "Perhaps those are supposed to be shots from the space ships and not raindrops," he suggested, not really sure. He hadn't played much Space Invaders, but if it distracted from his stomach's faux pas then he was okay with that line of conversation. He watched the game, trying to distract himself from his hunger and the smell of popcorn and nachos wafting to him. He wouldn't be able to eat until he got home and he definitely wasn't going to ask Augustus to feed him like he was some starving, stray cat.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-01-2018, 04:43 PM

"Huh? So you're the one that's hungry?" Augustus asked, turning to look at the other man in surprise. He'd been so one track mind with his escape plan to the arcade, that he didn't really think about how it might affect others. "I didn't even think about that." He opened his mouth, closed it, looked at the game console, then back at Buck. "Then...how about this! You play the final life and I'll go get some popcorn. I wonder if it's like what kids get at the movies? I've never had popcorn outside of home so I'm really curious about this too!"

Not giving Buck a chance to resist, he pushed him in front of the game with two thumbs up before darting away in the direction of a popcorn machine. He felt quite proud of himself too. His manager always said he didn't think about other people enough so this should show him, even if those lectures had nothing to do with this, probably. It was still a nice thought.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-02-2018, 02:19 AM

Buck was so surprised by Augustus' actions and suddenly finding himself at the controls of the video game that he nearly lost the last life right there. But he managed to get his head in the game and his focus on the task at hand, even as a small part of his brain started churning out thoughts. If Augustus finds this so interesting, what else out there does he want to try and experience? Does he want to go to a movie? Or really go and shop at Walmart? Buchanan couldn't help but wonder as he played the video game.

This was all so new to him. He had never run into a celebrity, been practically kidnapped by said celebrity and dragged off on an adventure. He had never had someone buy food for him; in fact if Buck didn't know better he would almost think that he was on a date. But that is crazy! Guys like Augustus don't notice dorky nobodies like me.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-07-2018, 04:59 PM

Not looking back, Augustus headed for the popcorn machine and after some fumbling around, figured it out. He really did have to admit that he was having fun right now. It was totally selfish reasons that he decided to drag Buck off with him, planning only to enjoy himself. But perhaps the reason he enjoyed this game so much was that he wasn't doing it alone. Am I actually beginning to think strange? Shaking off the thought, he hurried back to Buck and the Space Invaders console, pleased to see that the other man was still playing. "I got a real big popcorn!" he grinned, eyeing the screen. "Hey, could it be that you're actually good at this? I didn't even last a full minute on any life."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-08-2018, 05:06 AM

Buck nearly jumped when Augustus reappeared at his side, barely keeping his ship alive in the video game. Easy man; you are as jumpy as a wild rabbit. Chill out! Buck shrugged at the blond's question. "I just have a knack for video games, especially the old classics. Guess I'm what you would call a nerd." He said, feeling his cheeks heat with the dusting of a blush. No need to tell the heartthrob that playing video games was how Buck spent most of his time. He didn't have a lot of friends, make that really any besides a few online buddies that he had never met in person but chatted and skyped with. The smell of the popcorn and the rumbling pleas of his stomach soon broke his concentration and he finally died in the game.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 AM

Augustus flashed a bright smile full of child-like happiness, like the one he had when they first walked into the arcade. "Oh, a nerd huh? Then I picked the perfect person to spent my runaway escapade with!" Stepping close with a conspiratory grin, he lowered his voice like someone might actually be listening. "But you know, I don't think that's a bad thing. It's like this is fate, although I really just wanted to have some fun today...." As Buck lost on his last life, Augustus proffered the popcorn. "Should we try to find a game we can both play instead? Since you know your stuff, I'll let you pick."

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 AM

Buck looked over at the blond in surprise. Was Augustus, THE August White, flirting with him? He shook off the thought and chastised himself for letting his imagination run away with him. After all Augustus could have any girl or guy he wanted so he surely wouldn't be interested in Buck, would he? Buck grabbed a handful of popcorn and tossed it into his mouth, chewing as his amber eyes scanned the arcade for a good game they could play together. "What are you feeling? Fighting, shooting or racing?" Buck asked.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 04:03 PM

Still smiling, Augustus shrugged his shoulders. Rather than following Buck's gaze around the arcade though, his eyes continued to watch the other man, intrigued. There was just something about Buck's faint facial expressions that he couldn't help but enjoy. "Hmm, I don't really mind either way. I told you to pick didn't I? Ah, but you'll still have to provide the quarters since I don't have any," he added with an impish grin. Finally, he turned to glance at the other game consoles, considering them for a second. "Maybe that one?" He indicated a shooting game that a group of teens had just walked away from.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-13-2018, 10:19 PM

Buck laughed at Augustus' comment, but he didn't mind the blond bumming the games off him. After all, its not every day that you get to hang out with your celebrity crush; short of like winning a contest or something. He eyed the shooting game and shrugged; it had been a bit since he played one. "Sure, why not." He grabbed another handful of popcorn, eating it as he sauntered over to the game. There was a little chance that he put a bit of swagger in his walk, but could he be blamed for trying to see if Augustus would notice. The more time he spent with Augustus, the more he liked him, more than August White. Sure he could be a little a little selfish and demanding, but it he was definitely growing on Buck. Buck dropped quarters into the machine, waiting for Augustus to get into place and ready before hitting the two player button.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-16-2018, 04:57 PM

Still chuckling to himself about his good luck for the day, Augustus grabbed the little gun shaped plastic red controller, holding it like someone entirely unfamiliar with such things. After a second though, he settled it into his hand with the sort of flair one might expect from an actor. "I'm ready. So, is this a cooperative game or a competition?" he asked, flashing another grin. "I won't get pumped up unless I have a challenge. I've been told that's the only way to get me to do anything seriously." Though, if it was with Buck, he'd be fine either way. And if he judged it right, it seemed Buck was showing off a little as well?

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-19-2018, 05:16 AM

Buck tried not to laugh when Augustus first picked up the plastic gun, as he looked so unfamiliar with it. Buck on the other hand picked it up with the ease of one who has spent to much time with video games and in arcades. Though this was definitely the most fun he had ever remembered having in an arcade. "This game is team based as we have to try and survive the zombie apocalypse together and take out as many as we can. That game," and he gestured to another nearby machine. "Is competitive. Which one do you want to do?" Buck didn't typically like team based ones as they were no fun when you had no one to play them with and he hated trying to play them with a stranger, but he found that he didn't mind the idea as much when it came to Augustus.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-22-2018, 03:46 PM

"Zombies?!" Augustus exclaimed. "Eh? Are there such things even in video games?! Wow, this is amazing." Nodded his head sagely, he watched as the opening sequence for the game scrolled over the screen before he glanced at the other console, considering it for a moment. However, he already felt comfortable holding this plastic gun and he had to admit that Buck had him curious after mentioning a zombie apocalypse. "We can just play this one first, but if we get eaten, I'd definitely rather play that other one than get turned into a zombie!" His whole body shivering with laughter, he brushed his blonde locks back from his face, not caring even if he did draw attention to himself like this.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-23-2018, 05:23 AM

Buck couldn't help but laugh at Augustus' words. "I haven't met a person yet who has wanted to be turned into a zombie," he said with a shake of his head. "Besides you are too handsome to be a zombie." Buck blushed the second the words registered in his brain but it was already to late. They had already slipped out his mouth and his cheeks were hot with embarrassment. Good job man. Just go and make it awkward. There is no way a guy like Augustus would see you as ANYTHING more than a friend. Buck mentally chastised himself, shaking his head at his slip of the tongue.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2018, 03:09 AM

Augustus laughed. "Isn't that because you haven't met actors?" he pointed out, having known a few overly dramatic types who would love to be turned into a zombie, body and soul. Although he wasn't involved himself in such things, his modeling career introduced him to far too many strange people. Honestly, he had more fun being around the far stranger 'normal' folk. Grinning his brightest, he winked at Buck, feeling the rushing need to tease him. "Too handsome for a zombie? More handsome than if Channing Tatum played a zombie, Warm Bodies style?" The game forgotten, he waggled his eyebrows at Buck, intent of getting a rise, or at least a blush dark enough to match his hair.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-25-2018, 06:27 AM

Well if a blush was what Augustus wanted, that was certainly what he got. Buck's face was hot with it and he was sure that his cheeks must be very red. "He's way hotter than Channing Tatum; I would kiss him zombie or not," Buck thought, not even realizing in his embarrassment that he had muttered the words out loud. With his longish blond hair, gorgeous model body and golden(?) eyes Augustus was enough to make anyone, man or woman, drool.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-26-2018, 04:13 PM

Eyes going wide just for a second, a smirk settled onto Augustus' face a second later. "Really now? I didn't realize you were that much of a fan," he continued to tease. However, he was beginning to grow serious as he lowered the plastic gun, his attention fully on Buck now. "I wonder if I should give you what you want, though I've never kissed a guy before. Is it good? I wonder..." He continued to muse aloud, not the least bit concerned that Buck may not have meant for his words to get heard.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 06-27-2018, 06:27 AM

Buck blushed darker than his already red hair, trying to stammer a response but nothing intelligible came out. He was even more shocked that Augustus didn't seem revolted by his revelation, more curious. "I uh...you don't...I mean..." Buck stammered and stuttered, struggling valiantly to try and get his baffled and shocked mind to remember how to form words again. He probably sounded like a brain dead idiot or something, but he just couldn't seem to jump start his brain and get it to boot back up. It was completely crashed, leaving him scrambling to attempt to form a response that made any kind of sense.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-28-2018, 05:48 PM

Augustus flashed another grin before finally turning his gaze away. "Just kidding! You shouldn't get so worked up over a single tease. Oh man..." He fumbled with the plastic fun and the game's start screen, perhaps fumbling a little bit more than necessary. He didn't, or couldn't meet Buck's eye. He wasn't sure which right now. "N-now uh...get ready. I started the game!" His voice rising in pitch, he sent a few warning shots off into the game even before any enemies had a chance to show up. For all the bravado that he put on, he'd been surprised to see Buck react so strongly to his words. Surprised that he wanted to follow through with them. Blushing like that, the redheaded man looked...cute. No, no. He shook the words away. If he started thinking like that, he would never get out of that rabbit hole!

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 07-29-2018, 02:05 AM

(I am so sorry friend! Got so wrapped up in life and forgot to check in.)

Buck did his best to shake off his thoughts and feelings but it was a struggle for him to get into his gamer zone. He eyes and thoughts kept trying to stray to the blond next to him. He knew he wasn't playing to the best of his abilities but thanks to quick reflexes and muscle memory from years of playing video games, he wasn't doing to bad at gunning down the enemies. He took a few shots, but slowly managed to get into the zone, firing and reloading almost by reflex. He was surprised when they made it through the first level; not surprised that they were still alive, but more that he barely remembered a moment of it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2018, 07:29 PM

(You're good. It happens. XD)

Augustus couldn't focus. He was known to be a little floozy and wild and lazy, but no one could say that his focus lacked when he tried to do something. However, in this moment, it took all the way until the end of the first level for him to gain that focus. He barely killed any enemies, and mostly so on accident. He spent half of it hiding in a corner, trying to figure out how to reload his gun, and by then, Buck had done most of the work. Seeing that next level screen finally focused him all the way. "Oh. We managed to make it to the next." It wasn't really a question and he glanced toward Buck, glad to see that their mishap from earlier wasn't obvious on the other man's face either. Maybe they could just pretend it didn't happen? No. Augustus knew himself well enough to know he couldn't leave Buck alone from here on out.

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 08-01-2018, 07:42 AM

Buck shot a quick side glance at Augustus to see how he was holding up but the warning for the start of the next level snapped his eyes back to the screen. He adjusted his grip on his gun as he prepared himself. "Watch out on your right." He warned when he saw an enemy trying to come at the blond from that side of the screen. "Use your peripherals," he coached in a, he hoped, helpful tone. His own amber eyes darted over the screen, locking on an enemy in a split second and on to the next the moment that one started to fall dead to the ground.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2018, 04:28 PM

"Eh?" Augustus started, but he saw the enemy coming up on his right a second later. He managed to land a hit, feeling quite pleased when the dead body slid to the ground. Unable to stop the little, giddy smile from coloring his face, he glanced at Buck, wanting to share in the small victory. "I got him! Thanks, Buck. You're actually good at this aren't you?" Zoning back into the game, he managed to land another shot, keeping Buck's advice in mind. Peripherals, peripherals--he could do that. "I'm not going to hold you back though. I'm getting good at this!" He barely missed another enemy, but at least it was a decent attempt.