Anzelthur
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM

My first anime was Elfen Lied. (〇ㄷ 〇 )

NekoBit
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM

My first Anime was Inuyasha, I didn't even really know WHAT anime was until I saw that show on adult swim, and it totally got me hooked. (We never had Cartoon network so I never saw Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon like everyone else D: ) I still remember the little barking dog inside the wheelbarrow with a piano playing the background that showed that the show was about to start T.T.

My first Manga though? Hmm... It think it was Ranma 1/2. My friend let me borrow it, but she had to teach me how to read it since I had never read a comic book, let alone a manga xD. It was so exciting turning the pages backwards O:!

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 AM

My very first anime was Pokemon when I was probably 3 o.o

Mizayo
The Embodiment of Geekiness

Old 09-16-2011, 08:59 PM

I've never really been a fan of anime, but recently I've been watching Death Note, and it's pretty cool. I've also been reading the manga version of Maximum Ride, and it's coming along very nicely. Again, I'm not really INTO anime, but I don't hold any grudges against it.

. . . Anymore. :ninja:

pinay4life96

Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 AM

My very first Manga was fruitbasket i loved it because of the main fact that i love the cute animals and the funny crazy sayings they would say!

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 PM

Hmm my first anime was probably full metal alchemist
And manga? No idea lol
It was my friend who got me into it at first... before I thought it was childish and boring xD
And I still love Edward~ Even now~

ShadowDemon101
The Idea Girl

Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 PM

First anime? Either Pokemon or CardCaptors (:heart:) and then Inuyasha.

First Manga is most likely Fruit Baskets b/c I remember my friend always bringing one to recess to read XD

Warrow8282
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2011, 03:16 PM

I think the first anime that I saw that actually got me hooked on anime and made me research it and begin actively seeking out more was Bleach. I remember catching episodes of it on Cartoon Network late, late at night while working my overnights while I was in college, along with a splattering of Death Note episodes and Blood+. Then it was like a fire caught under my ass. I would bring my laptop in to work (it was a group home with kids sleeping all night, so this was allowed) and spend 9 hours straight watching anime online :-) To this day, Bleach is still my ultimate favorite.

xXMetalGirlXx
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-18-2011, 01:14 AM

For manga, I don't read a lot of them but Kingdom Hearts. I've read it only a year ago. It was a really good manga, but I still haven't even read the Kingdom Hearts 2 manga yet. I've been reading it because I just bought the game for my 12th birthday, which was a year ago.

For anime, I forgot which anime I first exactly watched. But I think it was either Teen Titans, Sonic X, or Dragonball Z.

Fluffsamasprime
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 AM

The first anime I ever watched was My Neighbor Totoro when I was really little. The first manga I got into was the either Fruits Basket or the Get Backers, its hard for me to remember which I read first.

Warrow8282
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 PM

As for Manga, I really just started reading manga recently (like within the last year). I picked up some neat-looking ones at a Con this summer called Her Majesty's Dog... Those were my firsts :-) Again, lit a fire under my ass and I went and spent hundreds of dollars on manga at bookstores and online because I discovered how much I really loved it! I also found an app for my droid phone that lets you read manga on your smartphone. I didn't get any work done after that :-)

Fluffsamasprime
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2011, 07:33 PM

I've Never heard of Her Majesty's Dog, whats it about, is it good?

TaxemicBat

Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivydoodle View Post
You should remember, Its the one that got you hooked. And make you want to read/watch more of its kind. Its the first anime/manga you ever watched/read :eager:

My first ever manga was Rurouni Kenshin.
Same here! The first manga I've ever read was Rurouni Kenshin! Dragonball followed... I'm not reading a lot of manga, I'm more into anime. It's a personal preference.

Ryubahamut
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-20-2011, 03:24 PM

The first anime I remembered watching that got me interested in the genre was Ranma 1/2 and as for my first manga, it was the amazing Lone Wolf and Cub.

Now I watch and read weird, quirky cooking based stuff like Yakitate Japan and Iron Wok Jan.

Auspicious Beginnings
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 AM

Kiki's delivery service. I was very very young. I loved anime from that point on. :D

HikariRena

Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 PM

The first anime was Yattaman, Kaiketsu Zorro, Sailor Moon, Saint Seiya, Tiger Mask, Magic Knight Rayearth - just because in my country only those was in TV. My first anime, when i knew what does it mean - Gundam Wing, and after 7 years, Heero is one of my favorite character.

Marionetta
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-23-2011, 02:53 AM

Mine was Sailor Moon and Pokemon. Ah, nostalgia....

Sheela
Don't look!! Someone stole my cl...

Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM

My very first anime was Sailor Moon or Princess Tutu.

My best friend was a total anime freak and she forced me to watch them with her. I never liked it because she like the drama type (were the people die and you follow the other in how they cope) or the over hyperactive ones.
Princess Tutu got me hooked.
She showed me this amv of Princess Tutu (We also became fans of the singer in that video) on youtube and I got curious. So we decided to watch it together. That is when I started to appreciate anime.
She borrowed me her Sailor Moon collection (never finished it).

And then I found my al time favorite, Fruit Basket!!
That is also the one to get me hooked on Manga.

I prefer manga over anime now.

GangsterGlam
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 PM

That would be impossible for me to say! Hmm.. oh! Yeah, mine was probably Sailor Moon.
Yeah I'm going to say Sailor Moon for sure. Though it could have been Pokemon. I don't even know.

First manga I've ever read would be fruits basket, and I haven't finished it.

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM

honestly i dont remember what was my first manga, i have read soo many, but the ones that i really enjoyed was tsubasa, fairy tales and vampire knight

missdark
The Biggest Sailor Moon fan ever...

Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Sailor Moon! I have a massive thread on another site about it. Been thinking of maybe copying it over but I'm too new to try anything like that and I bet this place already has a fair share of Sailor Moon topics and fans. Well if they are any major Sailor Moon fans other there let me know where the Moon Kingdom is around here. :) I don't really have a favorite because I think they are wonderful double true in the manga.

RebelFey
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Dragon Ball Z Kai was my first. it's on nickelodeon and me and my bro just started watching for the heck of it. then piccolo just turned around and destroyed the moon and we're all like WAHT THE HECK???? then i watched fruits' basket and I. Was. Hooked! the first manga i ever read wads the warlock diaries.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Oh man, sailormoon was my first so it will always be on my fav list :D My twin brother and I watched each episode together. We did everything together. We were young enough that we didn't think that it might be too girly for him. We just liked the show :D

makituchan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM

Pokemon! :P . But that was when I was a kid, so I don't know if it really counts. Then about 7 years later, and I start watching anime again. This time it was Death Note. Then Elfen Lied.. and much more after that.
How did I find it? Well, one day I found that one anime website, and I looked at the descriptions of different anime, and then I saw this "Top 10 anime" section. So I clicked on the titles that caught my attention the most. And one of it was detective/criminal fiction. I thought to myself, well, why not try it then. And it sucked me in. All 37 episodes watched during just three days :P.
Yay, for having no life.
And then my first manga.. Chi's Sweet Home. I thought it was soo adorable, I just had to read it. Kinda stopped now, because I don't have as much free time now, though.

MistWater
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Ooh, that's a tough one... Umm... I'd have to say my firsts were DragonBall, Sonic the Hedgehog (aka Sonic SatAm), and perhaps Samurai Pizza Cats. Can't be too sure of that last one, being quite young back then and now somewhat forgetful, but it looked familiar... Even if all I saw was a commercial for it.
I was also known to watch either part of or a full episode of Astro Boy after my mother had remembered herself watching some as a child.
Things like Sailor Moon, CardCaptor Sakura and Saint Seiya came a few years later.