View Poll Results: What Sort of Things Would You Like to See the Charity Have?
Design an Avatar Contest 4 66.67%
Art Contest 3 50.00%
Banner/Link Contest 2 33.33%
Design a Profile Contest 1 16.67%
Other (If You Choose This, Please Post Your Opinion) 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Zephi - Of course it is!!

I've never seen those movies. And I won't be much for conversation today cause I gotta go out and torch a small field :yes: See you later!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 PM

*noms on car* herro. =3

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 04-01-2011, 04:48 PM

LOL. Well, vampire movies can be fun. I actually just got done watching Sucker Punch last night. It was amazing. It's really a boy movie, but I like boy movies. It's getting added to our collection once it comes out on DVD.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM

What is it about?

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 04-01-2011, 06:57 PM

I want to watch Sucker Punch!

apparently this girl gets abused and to escape prosecution the abuser gets her locked up in a nut house and her only way to figure out how to get out and not go insane is to create her own imaginary world ... at least that is what I understand it to be about ...

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 01:30 AM

Momo - AHH!!! :gonk: I just got all bandaged up from the last time!! :cry: Just don't nom on the sun burnt parts! They're tender enough :(

Crazymuch - Yep that's about what I understood it to be about too :yes: I'm not sure If I'll go see it in the theaters though. I might just wait for it to come out and then rent it.

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 04-02-2011, 01:33 AM

I'll probably end up seeing it when it comes out on DVD and my friend's boyfriend buys it and makes us all watch it.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 AM

:lol: does he make you guys watch guy flicks all the time?

(NOTE TO SELF: When jogging barefoot, make sure you stop and check after hitting a rock on the ground with the balls of your foot as there may be a lot more damage than you think... >.<!)

*goes off to apply first aid*

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 04-02-2011, 02:37 AM

no, just awesome ones! :lol: I'M the one who got him to watch the G.I. Joe movie :yes:

my friend did that ... sorta ... it turned out she had TOTALLY ripped off a bunch of skin on the bottom of her foot.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 AM

I'm not much into chick flickes, which seems to baffle a lot of girls. Romance makes me want to barf, horror movies put me to sleep, westerns (depending on what they are) annoy me, and romantic comedies are so predictable it's pathetic. Give me sci-fi, fantasy, and action anime! :mrgreen:

Ouchie! I've had that happen in PT; I was PTing without my shoes on (on the grass), but apparently I managed to really nail my feet on a bunch of sticks. All I felt was mild stinging, until our CO noticed that my feet were in bad need of band-aids. I refused to get sent to the nurse's office for one reason: THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE DOING!!! So I delved into my portable first-aid kit (bunch of band-aits and bandages really...) in the classroom and took care of my feet.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 03:26 AM

lol ah ok! I liked the G.I. Joe movie! :yes: I wish I could have seen it in the theater :/

Yea the whole ripping skin off part sucks the most :( At least it's only a little bigger than the size of a dime! :P

----------

Oh! I didn't see your post there Taiyo :sweat:

:lol:! I do so love sci-fi, fantasy, and action animes too but I don't mind all the other ones. Well... If I don't have to watch a chick flick then I wouldn't unless it was realllly good :lol:

HAH! Nice! That sounds rather painful but that's awesome that you were able to patch yourself up all on your own :P

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 AM

Yeah, well, the key is actually wrapping up you feet well enough so that the bandages actually stay...not slip off. Every time I went to the nurse's office I was stuck in there for two hours. That's two class periods that I ended up missing, because the stupid nurses never had a clue about what they were doing! Even if I went in there during first period, it would take them at least an entire hour to get around to helping me. Apprently, they're always "swamped", but I don't see how that's possible when you're the first one in there for the day! So, I just took to carrying asprin or ibuprophen, allergy medicine, and when I was on my period I carried something like Midol with me. And here's the kicker; even though we're not supposed to carry any kind of medications with us, the school didn't do a thing! Apparenly, if they can't see any meds, then you don't have any. Bullshit.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 03:45 AM

:rofl: Oh gotta love that. What were they doing in a nurse's office if they didn't know how to nurse? That's a little ridiculous... So as long as the teachers didn't see you with any medications then you were good to go? That sure doesn't enforce the rule very well...

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-02-2011, 04:01 AM

No it doesn't. None of the rules there were really eforced there...as can be seen with all the kids coming to school drunk, stoned, with hangovers, or all of the above. And what makes it worse is the fact that you can smell drugs and alcohol in the school, because kids are actually smoking and drinking during school hours. And oh no, they don't do it in little hidey-holes; they smoke and drink and get high and who knows what else out in plain sight. There's two staircases that are favored smoking and drinking spots; both are staircases, one is always manned by a security guard, and one is right next to the day care. And they're both near exits.

Oh, and as for the reason there's a day care in a high school here it is; originally it was put in for the teachers with small children. No problem. Only now most of the kids in that day care are kids of the students. Yes, you heard me right--teenage girls bring their babies and toddlers to school, drop them off at the day care, and spend the rest of the day getting high, drunk, laid, and who knows what else.

And did I mention that almost all of the classes were pathetically easy?

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 AM

Seriously? And nobody ever decided Hmm.. Maybe we should do something about this? That's screwed up. What kind of highschool is that place?!? :o Stories like these make me glad I was home schooled :shock:

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-02-2011, 04:40 AM

If I'd have known that I could still get into college and get a high school diploma in homeschooling, then that's where I would've stayed!

And yet, the school administrators are so delusional that they think that my high school is such a safe, caring place. If that's what they think, the they've really gotta have a "Seventeen Again" or "Freaky Friday" moment.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 AM

Hey all. :)

Man my high school wasn't that bad, but it was still pretty horrible.

I think daycare for students' babies is a good idea, because there are a lot of teen mommas and if they had someone to care for their child, it would make it easier to finish their education. I wish we would have had something like that at my h.s. because I knew two girls that had to drop out because they had no one to take care of their babies while they were in school.
Its not good in the conditions you're talking about though, Taiyo. :?

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM

Taiyo the problem mainly comes in the fact that the people in question aren't old or mature enough to handle the kinds of situations that they are being placed in there. I honestly think someone needs to take a taser to your principal for allowing stuff like that to happen in the school. No, in my highschool. Anyone caught doing anything like that on school grounds was severely punished. They wouldn't let people in my school get away with stuff like that. It's bad enough kids getting into that kind of stuff off school grounds, but bringing it in there where the people who DON'T want anything to do with it are forced to live with it is horrible. I think someone honestly needs to call the cops.

I didn't have my first kid until I was 22, but... had I been stupid enough (or unlucky enough) to have a baby when I was in highschool. It would have come before everything, including school. I actually didn't even have sex the first time until after I graduated. I know most kids these days aren't like that, but I was saving myself for marriage and I didn't see anyone I really wanted to have children and start a life with until after I graduated. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) we didn't stay together and it taught me a good lesson. Never trust even someone you love with something you hold so dear. They won't give it the same respect unless they respect it themselves.

Zephi
Summer love

Old 04-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Well that's one way of looking at things, right....

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-02-2011, 06:27 PM

Taiyo - Oh cool, did I know you were home schooled?

Seriously. it sounds like they could really use someting to knock some sense into them :/

Kitami - Hello!

I agree, daycare for students is definitely a good thing in highschool and in college too. Only like you said, not under those conditions :no:

Min - Yea I think a lot of people aren't ready for kids :/ I think maybe there should be a class that everyone needs to take before they have kids so they know what to do. It reminds me of this one show, can't remember what it was :XD, but someone says you gotta have classes and licenses to own guns and what not but anyone can have a kid, no nothing required.

Hey Zephi! :P

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-02-2011, 07:15 PM

Rand - might be a good idea. At least then people might be SOMEWHAT prepared for what happens after it's born. I mean, it would be hard to stop them. If a police officer pulls you over without a drivers license they can always throw you in jail. If they pull you over and find out you don't have a baby license for the kid in the backseat... what are they going to do? Take the kid away from you? It would be amusing and horrible at the same time. The parents that could care less would just disappear and the ones who are super protective would have just one more thing to add the the list of most dangerous things a police officer would ever face in the line of duty. Next to death by donuts of course.

I talked to your twin yesterday, BTW. He's doing well. Wants to know if you've stopped talking to that voice in your head or not. XD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-02-2011, 08:53 PM

O gosh you guys! Stop it! You're reminding me of Sci Fi books.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM

@ Kitami: I know. I HATED that place! I was one of a handful of clean kids in that place.

@ Fey: Agreed. Yeah, there are girls my age who are prepared to be able to handle a kid, but that's VERY rare. 99% of the time, a kid that young should probably stay away from sex. I blame it in part on the teen mom shows and lack of sex education. There's kids my age who STILL don't know that unprotected sex=pregnant. The same thing with drugs; not many kids are being taught the deal with drugs, alcohol, and sex.

And I honestly think that people needing a baby license would be a VERY bad idea.

Alaunt
Cute Things Kill People

Old 04-03-2011, 12:25 AM

As much as I love the new tablet . . . I'm kinda hating it because it's "disconnecting" in terms of me and my art. Then again, this is my first time using it. :stare:

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 AM

Min - lol That would be so ridiculous if a cop had to take your baby away because you didn't have your child license! Maybe they could do it where it was just a one time thing and you don't have to keep it on you at all times :yes:

My twin?! Who's my twin?! Psch... I uh don't talk to people in my head!! :sweat That would make me crazy! ... Hey! You just shutup! God... Oh! Not you Min. That was.. Nobody! :stare:.......

Papillon - Ooo Which ones?! :eager:

Taiyo - Oh? how come?

Alaunt - Way to give it a chance... :roll: