harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 PM

This is a private roleplay between NinjaKitty and harakun.
If you aren't the aforementioned people, please don't post.
Thank you!
:heart:

Last edited by harakun; 07-13-2011 at 04:05 PM..

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Name: Doctor Christopher Mathews
Height: 6 ft 2in
Personality: Always cool and collected, distant, most nurses have a crush on him but he never asks any of them out which makes them view him as mysterious.
Played by: NinjaKitty

Name: Nurse Kristoffer Haynes
Height: 6 ft
Personality: Hardworking and intent on finishing what he's started, he's also the type to offer help whenever he can. As for a love interest, he can occasionally be seen going out with a group of girls or accompanying a girl or a guy in anything they'd need. In short, not only is he good in academics, he's also kind-hearted. It's pretty hard for him to say 'no', which more than often or not gets him into trouble.
Played by: harakun

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 PM

Chris pinched the bridge of his nose, a headache pounding just behind his eyes I've been working to long, I need to get home, get some sleep, he thought, he had taken some medicine for it but so far it hadn't kicked in. A knock on the door brought the young doctor out of his thoughts jolting him back into reality. He was far from being able to go home, and soon had to go on his rounds checking the patients.
"Yeah come in" he called out closing the open folder on his desk. The folder held information on the hospitals newest patient, a young man in a drunk driving accident, poor kid broke a few bones and would be laid up for awhile.
"Doctor Mathews, Nurse Rouce was looking for you she wanted to talk about the new patient that had arrived, said she didn't understand something about his chart" the girl was new nervous and it showed.
"Thank you Molly, I'll get right on it" he assured the girl with a calming smile, that seemed to sooth the girls frazzled nerves. Nurse Rouce didn't need him and they both knew it, this was just another one of her campaigns to snare the handsome young doctor. None so far had worked but that didn't stop the persistent woman, she was intent on making Doctor Mathews hers.

Getting to his feet caused his head to pound mercilessly, making him literally wince in discomfort doing his best to ignore it he put on his most professional face, and went in search of the head nurse. She was hanging out near the room of an old patient, one they had had a lot. Which made him doubly sure she was just using an excuse to get his attention. Inwardly groaning he approached her.
"What is it you need Ms. Rouce?" he asked in a detached voice, making it clear he intended no niceties, she was a colleague nothing more. He half listened as she prattled on about the patient, this one was an older man with a heart condition, always in and out, mainly because he didn't want to stick to the diet regime he himself had set the man on. He answered all her questions curtly with short quick answers eager to get away from the woman. Nurse Rouce wasn't an ugly woman by any account, a woman in her late thirties with dark blonde hair and light blue grey eyes and medium build, she had had a crush on the doctor since he started at the hospital. As quick as he could he detached himself from the woman's clinging hold and went back to his office to nurse the pounding headache.

(what do you think of the starter?)

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM

[[ NinjaKitty: Oh damn. Please don't hate me! I've forgotten to subscribe to this thread. >.< My deepest apologies with the almost two weeks lack of reply! ]]

"Now, here's where you'll be doing your internship under Doctor Mathews care," the old woman told him as she walked him through the halls. He had arrived about an hour and a half later and had even helped in the Emergency Room because of their lack of staff. Apparently, the hospital had cut down on the nurses and had moved most of their staff to another department, which honestly made Haynes wonder in curiosity. "I'm Nurse Rouce. Make sure you come to me when you need help, Nurse Haynes."

Kristoffer knew that the woman was hitting on him. It wasn't hard to tell with the way her bossoms were pressing up against his arm, to which she'd gotten ahold of not very long ago. She knocked on the door to Chris' office and she waited for a reply before she'd opened the door.

"This is our new intern, Nurse Kristoffer Haynes. He'll be under your observation, Doctor Mathews." Kristoffer was quick to offer a smile to the said doctor. He could see, even from where he was, that the man looked awfully tired and seemed to have a headache. At least, through his glasses, he could see those pupils of his dilating, which told him enough of the man's condition. He wasn't called a hardworking and smart nurse for nothing. He had, after all, learned everything he'd learnt from the books of medicine by heart. "It's a pleasure meeting you, doctor," he started and turned to look at the woman, Rouce, when she had squeezed his arm. "I'll leave you two alone then," she said with a rather flirtatious smile. Of course, having two handsome men, a doctor and a nurse, in one room was pretty dreamy for a nurse like her.

Surely, the other nurses would be jealous and full of envy for she was able to catch the both of them in one hand. Plus, she seemed to be one of the older staffs so the new ones aren't able to come too close to him when she was walking with him down the hallways of the hospital. Once she was gone, Kristoffer let out a quiet sigh and adjusted his glasses before he'd turned his attention back to the doctor. "If you need to look at my records, I'd suggest getting some rest before you do."

The intern gave the doctor a rather strict look like their roles have reversed. "Doctor, please get some rest."

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 AM

(Harakun no worries it’s not a big deal, it happens to everyone. I’m just glad to get it started ^^ I hope you enjoy the role play)

The headache felt like it was starting to get worse, a literal pounding felt like it was going on behind his eyes I really just need to go take a nap but that’ll have to wait another hour until after I look over the new interns file, a closed filed stared up at the exhausted doctor a file he should be reading, finding out more about the new nurse that was starting here, but he couldn’t bring himself to open the file. It wasn’t that he didn’t to learn about the new intern it was just that his head told him no. Clutching his head, why were the pills taking so long to kick in? Grabbing the bottle he shook out two more and popped them into his mouth swallowing them down with a gulp of water. He probably shouldn’t be taking so many but what could it hurt really?

Alright better get started he thought opening the file and trying to focus on the words that threatened to swim before his sleepy eyes. Closing his eyes for a few seconds he took off his glasses and set them on the desk, yeah there was no way he would be able to focus. The sound of a knock on the door drew the exhausted doctor’s head up ”come in” he called for once glad for the interruption, in came the flirty Nurse Rouse clinging to the arm of some poor new sap. ”New intern? Well it’s nice to meet you Nurse Haynes, I look forward to working with you” Chris said politely offering the young man a thin smile. It wasn’t that he wasn’t happy to meet the guy but he wasn’t in the mood to be entertaining anyone.

The nurse flashed a smile at both doctor and intern an inviting smile, that couldn’t even be pretended as something else, before she left. Ignoring her look Doctor Mathews picked up his glasses and slipped them back on, the work was never over. He of course didn’t heed the interns words who was he to tell the doctor what to do? Sure he might be concerned but a doctors work was never done ”there’s still work left to do Mr. Haynes and while I appreciate your concern I can’t rest yet, though I will hold off on reading your file until later” getting to his feet he advanced towards the new nurse hand extended. ”Like I said before it’s nice to meet you, and I hope you’ll enjoy working with me” he grabbed the smaller, though in truth not too much smaller, man’s hand and gave it a strong shake before quickly dropping it. ”Come with me I’ll take you on a round of hospital, and show you the patients we mainly work with” he said in a detached voice his calm face hiding the fact that his headache still raged. The pills would kick in soon hopefully. Without waiting for an answer Doctor Mathews led the young man out of his office and down the hallway towards the patient nearest him.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM

[[ Oh, I know I will. =D I like you already. <3 ]]

The nurse took the doctor's extended hand to shake it firmly. "All right," he said as he smiled a little smile. There was worry in his eyes but he decided that it wasn't the right time for him to be berating the doctor when it was his first day. If he could only somehow assure the doctor that he could take care of things, then the man might be able to get some well needed rest. "But, it really wouldn't hurt to rest even just for a few minutes, doctor."

There was no berating, of course. Just a reminder for the other. A friendly reminder from a lowly intern like him. Surely the other was aware that if he drank and depended too much on pills, he'd probably need something that's a lot stronger? If that was so, it'd be bad and no more than sooner, these pills he'd drink for the headache would be rendered useless.

"How many patients are we working with, doctor?" he asked as he looked around, deciding not to tamper any more than he already is with the doctor's case of a headache. Giving the other a bad impression wouldn't do him well. Kristoffer gave a few of the nurses he'd seen a polite smile and he didn't really realize that what he'd done was enough to make them giggle and feel wanted. Was that a bad thing or a good thing? "And, is it okay if I run through our patients' records just to be informed?"

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-27-2011, 02:27 AM

(I like you to, you seem like a very nice person ^^ I think we will get along very well)

The doctor ignored the comment from the new intern, he knew the boy was speaking from concern, but surely he knew the doctor just couldn’t take a break anytime he wanted right? He had a responsibility to the patients here, had to watch over them take good care of them, and if something happened to any of them while he was away taking a nap for some headache just because he couldn’t tough it out. Well he would never forgive himself. Sighing softly he led the way from door to door introducing the young man to each of the patients that Christopher personally dealt with on a day to day basis. Of course there were more, emergency patients, walk ins, and patients other doctors sent to him. But the ones he introduced the new intern were the ones he saw every day. The people who weren’t likely to leave anytime soon, and sadly some wouldn’t at all.

He hated to think about the fact that some of the patients he cared for, some maybe for a short time, others a longer time, wouldn’t make it out of the hospital alive. It killed him inside to see a patient so tenderly cared for die under his care, but it couldn’t be helped things like that happened to even the best of doctors. Some patients wondered why some doctors were so detached and uncaring, Doctor Mathews wasn’t but sometimes he wished he was, it would make a loss so much easier in the end.

”Honestly Mr. Haynes I’m not exactly sure how many patients we deal with everyday, it changes day to day, but I know for sure the ones you will be looking over everyday are the people I’m introducing to you. Later you can look over the files of these patients but for now just learn the names and faces” just then they were entering the room of a particular favorite of Dr. Mathews, a little girl who had been badly burned in a fire that had luckily killed no one, although the little girl hadn’t gotten out unscathed. ”Hey beautiful how are you feeling?” he asked giving the little girl laying back on the large white bed that made her look even smaller then she actually was. The girl was only five years old and one or both of her parents were always at the hospital since the accident a month ago. From what he had learned the parents were staying with the girls grandparents the mother’s parents.

The little girl lifted her head weakly and smiled at her doctor, the mother who had been dozing in the chair an open book in her lap startled awake at the sound of his voice and jerked upright sending the book toppling to the floor. ”Mr. Haynes this is my favorite little patient Molly and her lovely mother Mrs. Fredrick” Chris said warmly smiling at the mother and daughter who had once looked so alike, though now the daughter so badly burned would never fully loose all the scars the fire had given her. ”I feel a bit better Doctor” Molly said smiling at him weakly. It made his heart constrict to see the poor girl he wished he could do more for her, but he was already doing all he could. A pained look came to his face that he quickly masked before they could see it

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-28-2011, 04:21 AM

[[ Oh, we will. :D ]]

Kristoffer didn't know why but he felt awfully sad for the patients. Like the doctor, he was rather sensitive and he would've had liked it a lot if he had to take care of patients who were going to get better. Not sicker and worst to their deaths. If he were to gain experience, he was sure he might even have to go through watching someone die while he took care of the patients who were under Doctor Mathews.

"Oh," was all he could bring himself to say as he gave polite and gentle smiles to the patients he was introduced to. There was one particular one - the favorite of the doctor - that had him feel rather taken aback. It was unexpected and all the more surprising to see what situation she's currently in.

Pity. It was the first feeling he got.

"It's a pleasure meeting you two, Molly and Mrs. Fredrick," he started, quickly masking up his pity with a gentle and warm smile that was pretty similar to the other's own. When the little girl had smiled at the doctor weakly, he felt his own heart constrict. She shouldn't be in bed. She should be out, enjoying the sun and enjoying the companionship of both her family and her friends. Hell, she was supposed to be in school to meet new friends, gain more experiences, and learn about life as she takes every step of the way. "Just a bit better?" he asked as he moved closer to stand by the bed, "How'd you like if Nurse Haynes read you a story every night, before you go to bed?"

Hey, he just had to. He didn't mind how the little girl looked. He felt inclined to just seeing her smile, at least.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 AM

”My mommy usually reads me a story but I would like that Mr. Nurse” Molly said sweetly another smile lighting up the small scarred face. Dr. Mathews flashed a smile of gratitude at the intern, not everyone took such a shine to the girl, and even rarer that the girl took a shine back. Dr. Mathews would have offered to read her a story, hang out with her more, but he had other patients he needed to look after. For the first time he was glad to have an intern to help out maybe Nurse Haynes could give some of the patients the attention they needed. Attention Chris himself couldn’t actually give them no matter how much he wanted to; he just didn’t have the time he was stretched too thin. But now that he had an intern maybe that would help to lessen his work load.

They left the room of the little girl and moved onto the final patient, try as he might Dr. Mathews just couldn’t bring himself to like the old man here, the man was always grumpy, always complaining, and always yelling at the doctor for some imagined slight. Chris was always polite, and always nice when talking to the man but no matter what he did the old man just had a problem with the young doctor. Taking a second to compose himself before going into the room he decided to give the new intern a fair warning ”Mr. Haynes, I just want to warn you to have patience with this man, he has heart problems and its best that we keep him in the hospital, but he’s not very happy with that, in fact he’s extremely unhappy with that and takes it out on the staff here” hopping he had given the intern enough warning he opened the door to the room a smile plastered on his face. ”Mr. Blake how are you feeling?” Chris asked the old man laying in the bed, the old distinctly grumpy looking man.

”What do you think young man? I’m doing awful I hate it here, I hate the food, I hate the people, when can I get out?” the man asked grumpily a frown on his wrinkled face. Still smiling Chris introduced the two men, one old and one young to each other. ”Nurse Haynes this is Mr. Blake, Mr. Blake this is my new intern Nurse Haynes, he’s just started here today. He’s going to be helping me with my patients.” Chris said with a smile on his handsome face. ”Bah, that boy doesn’t look like he’d be of any help, why not just kill me now and save the boy the trouble of accidently doing it himself” the man said darkly making the doctor groan inwardly. The man was not making a very good first impression. ”Mr. Blake I’m sure Nurse Haynes will do just fine, he graduated school after all he’ll take as good a care of you as I do” the doctor said in an attempt to sooth the older man. ”Yeah just great care it’s why I’m still here. Leech, I’m fit as a horse the only reason I’m still here is because you doctors want to suck me of every last penny I have” Chris ran his fingers through his hair, his headache intensifying, this man was always like this. It was very wearing.

(what do you think of the side characters?)

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 AM

The nurse intern chuckled lightly at Molly's reply and he gave a firm nod. Glancing at the little girl's mother, he gave her a warm smile and then returned his gaze back to the girl. He was just about to tell her something else when the doctor had to let them both go. Of course, just before he'd shut the door, he gave a little wave to the little girl. Indeed, he was looking forward to meeting with her and getting to know her a lot better.

Maybe even make things a lot more fun for her since she couldn't go out.

All sorts of ideas were running through the man's mind until the other had stopped in front of a door. Kristoffer's eyebrows raised just a tad and he smiled a little. He's had an uncle whom he had to take care of back when he was a student. Hell, he was just lucky he was hardworking enough to have passed the exams with such a situation. By day time, he'd have to got to school and go through his daily classes and by night time, he'd have to take care of his uncle. It isn't exactly a pleasant experience nor was it a breeze but he'd managed.

At least, he knew what he was going to expect just after Chris had asked the old man that question. "Hospitals do suck you of every last penny you have, don't they?" he asked before he'd sighed, "My uncle would say the same thing again and again every time he'd have his check-up." It was too bad, though, his uncle had died. Add up the fact, too, that he was his favorite uncle.

"But, I'll take care of you, sir, just as much as I did with my uncle. You're a lot luckier, though, being here." There was that momentary sadness that crossed his features but he was quick to mask it up. Bringing up a hand to rub his arm, he gave the old man a reassuring smile. "If I do such bad work in taking care of you until you get better, then do fire me and ask for another nurse to take care of you." If anything, Kristoffer liked a challenge and he'll show the old man just how serious he was when it came to things like these.

[[ Your side characters are pretty cool. The grumpy old man reminds me of that old man in the movie. o = ]]

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM

(What old man in the movie?)

Chris smiled a slow easy smile, seemed like the kid might be able to deal with this patient, he understood why the man was so grumpy all the time, it had to do with his family never visiting the man was lonely. But Chris still couldn’t bring himself to like the guy, maybe with time they could get along but for now the two tolerated the other. ”Oh yes lucky to be here right, I think I might just take you up on that offer lad; can I do the same for my doctor? The boy is so young I’m sure he must be doing something wrong, if he wasn’t why am I still here?” the man snapped shooting a glare at the young doctor. Suppressing the urge to sigh or at the very least frown, Chris instead attempted another smile. It was the same thing every time the man was set on thinking Dr. Mathews was incompetent merely because he was a young doctor, only having been practicing a few years. ”Mr. Blake we’ve been over this, I am your doctor and I’m treating you with the best of my ability” was all Chris said in a distant voice filled with no emotion the smile gone from his face. It was a voice he used with patients he had problems with so he could resist the urge to yell make them see he was trying, he was doing all he could for them. ”Yeah best of your ability it’s why I’m still here isn’t it” the old man snapped at the doctor. ”Well now that you’ve introduced your latest little helper kindly get out my shows are coming on”

They left the room in Chris’s case rather gratefully, the intro to the show the price is right started, rubbing his forehead he lead the way back down the hall towards his office. ”Now that you’ve met them all I’m sure you would like a chance to read their files. Their all in my office come I’ll show them to you” opening the door to his office he showed the new intern a large filing cabinet filled with information on all his past and current patients. Opening a drawer, the drawer filled with information on current patients all arranged in alphabetical order he took out a few files and handed them to Nurse Haynes. ”Here’s a few to read, you can read them in here if you would like just take a seat over there, I still have your file to read anyway so you can use my office.” closing the file cabinet he took his seat at the desk the still open file staring up at him. He hadn’t even started it and still couldn’t his head was pounding, unheeding of the man who shared his office at the moment Chris put his head down on his arms. He hadn’t meant for it to happen, hadn’t planned to let himself fall asleep, but soon enough a gentle snoring could be heard from the exhausted doctor

harakun
At Your Service

Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 PM

[[ It's a Filipino movie called Caregiver. There's a character, a grumpy, old man in it. :rofl: Just saying. xD ]]

Kristoffer can see the difficulty of the old man and he was just quite tempted to reach out and pat the doctor's back. He didn't, though, seeing as that was unprofessional. Plus, he was in no position to try and comfort the doctor. Stepping back the moment the old man had told them to leave, he waited for Chris as he followed him back to his office. "I would," he replied with a small smile. That would definitely be good for him to read their patients' files.

The nurse continued to follow the doctor like a little chick and took the said files gratefully. "Thank you, doctor Mathews," he started, moving off to the couch so he could set the files down onto the table. It was when he'd heard a gentle snoring that made him look up from Molly's file. It had him raising his eyebrows a little before he'd smiled in amusement. He really should've just fallen asleep a while ago. It's not like he can't introduce me to the patients tomorrow. There alwalys was tomorrow when today wasn't an option. At least, Kristoffer thought it that way. He may be hardworking but he even had his own limits.

Putting down the file he was holding, he slowly got up to his feet and moved towards the door. He seemed to have disappeared for a few seconds but he'd eventually returned with what looked like a hospital blanket. Shutting the door quietly behind him, Nurse Haynes walked back to the doctor's side and spread out the blanket before putting this on him. "Sleep well, doctor," was all he'd said in a very low voice before he'd smiled softly. The open file on the doctor's table caught his attention and he noted that it was his own. It had him shutting it and setting it aside so he could return to what he was doing now that he had put the blanket over the doctor's shoulders.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 AM

(Never heard of it what’s it about?)

Machines beeped telling him yes the patient was still alive, but for how much longer? Blood filled the doctor’s vision as he stared down at the open chest the organs clearly visible the heart beating sending fresh gushes of blood out. They were supposed to be giving the man a heart surgery but Chris’s mind was a complete blank not knowing what to do with the scalpel, his hands started to shake sweat trickling off his forehead and landing in the poor man’s open chest cavity. The florescent lighting was blinding, suddenly the machine flat lined and nothing the doctors did could bring him back.

Chris woke with a start his breathing harsh a light sheen of sweat on his face. A dream it had only been a dream that was all. Letting his head fall against his hands he took a few deep breaths willing himself to calm down, to realize the horrible thing that happened was only a dream nothing more. The blanket on his back slipped off fluttering to the ground, blanket? When had he gotten a blanket? Who had put it on him? Rubbing his eyes he looked up his eyes landing on the intern who was still in the room. Oh that explained it his intern must had gotten it for him a grateful smile touched his lips. His headache was still there but now it was more like a dull pounding that didn’t bother him nearly as much as it had earlier. ”How long have I been out?” he asked running his fingers through his hair causing it to stick up in odd places though he didn’t really take notice. A yawn threatened that he stifled with his hand, he was still tired but that could wait till he got off. Then he would go home and catch a few hours sleep. The file that had been open on his desk was now closed and set aside neatly, another thoughtful thing the intern had done. Really maybe having an intern would be a good thing the young man seemed nice enough, thoughtful and a people person, always a good attribute to have.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM

[[ Pretty heavy drama about a teacher leaving her job to become a caregiver at a hospital for the aged, I think. You can read more about it here. =D ]]

Kristoffer was thinking whether to wake Chris up or let him continue sleeping. He knew he was having a nightmare but he wasn't exactly sure if he was in the place to do what his mind was telling him to do. The moment Chris had awoken, though, was the time he'd finally relaxed and he, for a moment, let his eyes slide shut. Of course, it was just dandy that he'd missed the doctor smiling like that. If he'd seen it, he might've been a bit surprised. "Quite a while," he said as he smiled slightly, "I did take the liberty of doing the check-ups and your patients' vital statistics. See if there were any changes." The nurse put the last file into the pile of folders and got up to his feet.

Once he'd gotten to stand by the man's table, he tapped the paper he'd put under the weight of the stone on the other's table. "These are medicines I'd suggest two of our patients take. They're new and have been tested but aren't in the market yet so they might be expensive." Adjusting his glasses a little on the bridge of his nose, he reached out to fix the doctor's hair and quickly retrieved his hand before he'd continued on. "It's up to you, though, to have them approved, Doctor."

The nurse intern stopped when his phone rang loudly and he was swift to tuck his hand into his pocket and pull out his phone. When he'd seen who it was in the other line, he gave a little sigh and turned to look at the doctor. "Err... you wouldn't mind me taking this call, would you, Doctor?"

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 08-01-2011, 06:00 PM

”Hm? Oh no go right ahead” he said taking the paper weight off the sheets of paper on his desk, new medicine huh? Well nothing against the new intern but he really wanted to check up on the new patients and find out what was wrong with them himself before following the new interns diagnostics. He didn’t know how he felt about the new intern taking such liberties while he slept but then he couldn’t do anything about that, it was all said and done. He just wasn’t used to working with someone who would take over doing his work for him well aside from the other nurses and they never did much without his consent. Especially the head nurse who had a crush on all the cute doctors and would get them whenever she thought she needed them. Even if she could actually make the decision alone, she would get Chris anyway and ask him to look over the patients. He read the papers quickly, the medicines the nurse had suggested were really expensive and even if he hadn’t second guessed it someone else would have, they would want a doctor’s opinion before paying for such expensive medicine. Writing a few notes on the paper he set all them aside to discuss with Nurse Hayne, Chris wanted him to know he wasn’t saying what he thought was wrong but that Chris or one of the other doctors had to check on the patients as well before getting the medicine. Especially since the medicine wasn’t only expensive but not on the market yet, unless it was absolutely needed and another medicine wouldn’t work in its place then they would use it. But if there was a chance they could use something else then they would.

The intern was gone awhile on the phone he assumed, tapping his fingers on the desk he waited for the intern to come back so he could talk with him ask him about the new patients. He’s a good kid, he cares about his patients and he’s got a head on his shoulders as well keeping up to date in the medical world it brought a smile to his lips, the new intern reminded him of himself at that age… they weren’t that far apart in age were they? He hoped not, he wasn’t that old not yet at least Nurse Rouse liked him, but then she was older and liked all cute doctors… and interns. He’s young, handsome, smart wonder if he has a girlfriend?... What an odd line of thought he thought surprised with himself.

(Sounds interesting what’s it called?)

harakun
At Your Service

Old 08-01-2011, 10:09 PM

[[ The title's "Caregiver". ]]

So, Kristoffer took the call and he wasn't he least bit surprised that things had turned out the way they had. He was pretty good friends with a guy at the University he was studying medicine in, and that man had a girlfriend who seemed to be taking every chance she could with his being unable to say 'no' to requests. This weekend, she was asking him to accompany her so she could buy her boyfriend a gift for his birthday on Sunday and he didn't really have anything planned except, well, probably visiting this hospital to see the patients. Noting that for himself, he tapped quickly onto his touchscreen phone and then saved it before he'd locked the phone.

It was about forty-five minutes later when he had returned to Chris' office.

"Sorry about that," he started as he smiled slightly, "And, if you could run through the notes I've scribbled underneath that paper with the suggestion of medicines, that'd be good." They were notes on the patients and the schedule that he was proposing he come and visit them. He made sure, of course, to take a few of the doctor's job and gave a little note at the bottom to only call onto Chris if there was any decisions or major things that should be done. Chris was his "boss" of the sorts, right? It was only right that he come to him and probably come to that Nurse Rouce if the doctor isn't around or is busy. "I took the liberty of lightening your load so you'd have less occurrence of that headache." Headaches do take most of what was supposed to be done.

If anything, Kristoffer just wanted Chris to be better considering he was around and he could take care of him while he was.

NinjaKitty
*^_^*

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM

”While I appreciate the help in lightening my load, I don’t just want it taken from me I would rather have been told about this before you did it.” he didn’t snap at the intern but he didn’t entirely like the liberties he took on his first day. Taking a breath he calmed himself, there was no reason to lose his cool, Mr. Hayne had only wanted to help he was a good kid who only meant the best. ”But thank you for taking care of the things I should have been doing because I fell asleep. Now about this new medicine you’ve advised I don’t know if we’ll go with it exactly. Unless you can explain why only this medicine will work. It isn’t even on the market yet they want to test it some more before they use it and I don’t want to use it until it’s been fully tested and absolutely needed” it took an effort to keep his calm, a calm he was so used to having. Why was he getting annoyed in the first place? The young man had only done what he thought was right. And it wasn’t out of his bounds, Chris was only annoyed because he wasn’t used to people taking his work away and wasn’t exactly sure he liked it.

”Don’t worry about headaches they come and they go, it’s nothing to worry about, I’ll go through the notes in a little bit considering I have more free time then I’m used to…. I like to be one on one with my patients actually care for them I like hands on work so maybe we should work together” Chris said after a moment of silence. He would rather work with the intern looking after his patients then not have a chance to look after them at all, all because the intern could take over for looking after them.

harakun
At Your Service

Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Kristoffer didn't interrupt the doctor as he said what he needed to say. There was no reason for interruption. On the plus side, he was able to know the doctor a little more - his habits and all - and he took note of these. "I'm sorry," he started, "But, the call was sudden and I didn't want to wake you not when the nap had helped lessen your headache." That, and he knew what it felt like to be having a throbbing head. Hell, he wouldn't even go to work that day and would even do things that would prevent him from getting any more than sick. "If it'd make up for what I did, a few of the patients had asked for you to visit them before you leave for home later on."

It wasn't surprising considering the doctor had made a difference in their lives. It was strange to see a compassionate man in the shoes of a doctor. Most of the doctors he'd met were cold-hearted and didn't bother getting to know their patients. Somehow, this thought made him smile a little as the look on his face turned gentle.

"As for the medicines, I had had it as a thesis." At least, he'd had a first hand experience on observing the effects. He would've had also been kicked out of school if his test subjects had died or had gotten something else. Luckily for him, it had worked and he had the said person come to school to tell his experience on the subject. Kristoffer explained to the doctor why the medicine will work and had even told him a few of the other doctors who had had used the medicine. He'd even reached to how it works, which would tell anyone who listened to him that he, indeed, knows what he is talking about. "But, I do agree. Not everyone is the same - body-wise. There had just been more advantages than disadvantages for this medicine and I just threw the suggestion out there so you'd know that type of medicine exists."

Kristoffer was definitely serious about his profession and he plans to be of great assistance to a doctor one day who doesn't have to necessarily praise him but simply trust him.