Nezume Gamakaeru
I am an artistic mouse! =^u^=

Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM

A story about a boy with no past and a girl trying to find it.

(Will edit to fit better. ) ^^;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: N.N. (short for No Name, Nameless)
Bio: Nameless lived on the streets for as long as he can remember, which isn't much. He has amnesia and can't remember anything before about the age of seven, and by then he was already on the streets.

Last edited by Nezume Gamakaeru; 07-27-2011 at 03:55 PM..

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Name: Yumiko Sasagawa
Bio: She lives with her older brother, Ryohei. She is quite friendly and a good student. Her mother and father died when she was young, so her brother has been her everything since then. Her brother is often out of the house and working hard to support both of them and to pay of the debt that is currently on their parents house. Yumiko works on the weekends to help bring in a bit more money to support her brother.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM

In an alley beside a dumpster, a form huddled to keep warm. Nameless pulled the fabric close around him, and shivered as soft white snow fell around him. Normally at this time of day, he would be up and about trying to find loose change or something to eat but the chill in the air made him not want to move. Luckily, the dumpster blocked most of the cold wind from the boy.

Last edited by Nezume Gamakaeru; 07-27-2011 at 04:27 PM..

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM

Yumiko was bouncing her way back home from school. Her light blonde hair was tucked neatly underneath a cashmere white cap, the only things that poked out from underneath her hat were two neatly made braids. Yumiko shivered and brought her coat closer to herself, her school bag was casually slung across from her arm. She was wearing brightly coloured mittens and her mouth was tucked into her scarf. Yumiko looked up at the sky and saw it had started to snow, she smiled as a snowflake licked her nose.

Yumiko was walking by the alley like usual when something...caught her eyes. A troubled look crossed her face and her golden-red eyes sunk, she saw a boy probably no less older than her. Yumiko saw that he was huddling by the dumpster, he was holding close just a thin piece of fabric. She walked closer to the boy and knelt down in front of him. Yumiko took off her scarf and put it around the boy. She tapped his hand slightly, "Are you...okay?" she whispered to him in her sweet voice.

Last edited by X---AznCo0ki3; 07-27-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM

Nameless had almost fallen asleep, which would have been bad if he had, when he felt something wrap around him and something warm touch his icy hand. He blinked in surprise and slowly looked up at a girl who knelt before him and had spoken in a soft voice. No Name nodded slightly from under the makeshift hood that was made from the fabric he wore. He did wear shorts but they were so torn and worn out, it didn't help keep him warm. "I-I'm okay." He muttered lowly through the scarf that was now wrapped around him, casting his eyes back down to his wrapped up barefeet that were numb against the cold concrete. He wasn't really used to talking to people, so he tended to avoid eye contact.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Yumiko frowned and followed the boys eyes to the ground. She gasped, he was barefoot! Yumiko stood up and offered her hand to the boy. "Come with me, you can stay at my house till the cold subsides" she told him with a smile to warm anyone's heart. She opened up her school bag and took out a neatly folded school blazer, she handed it too the boy. "Put it on, you'll be a little less cold for some time" she told him, her voice was still a whisper. Yumiko had never seen a homeless person her age before, and it almost tore her heart. He was suppose to be in school, studying and laughing.

As she waited for the boy to maybe accept her kind offer she kept rummaging through the school bag. She pulled out her neatly made and untouched lunch. Yumiko had been busy today with finishing projects so she hadn't had time for lunch. She unwrapped it and gave him the lunch box with a pair of chopsticks. "Here, you must be hungry" she said softly.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 04:59 PM

The boy looked at her in surprise as she stood and said he could stay at her house. Nameless was still in shock, he didn't accept her hand and just held on to the blazer. He was about to say that she didn't need to do all of this, but when the girl smiled he just couldn't refuse her. He struggled a bit to pulled the blazer over top the fabric, and felt a little silly but he did feel much warmer already with it on. Nameless smiled faintly, but again blinked in surprise as he was handed a lunch box and two sticks. He looked up at the girl, and shook his head slightly, as he held the lunch box out to her. From the looks of it, it was her uneaten food and he didn't want to eat someone else's food, besides he was used to being hungry so he didn't even notice most of the time. "I-it's your's." He mumbled. "Th-thanks though."

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Yumiko shook her head lightly, "Please, do not refuse this" she told him smiling as she handed the box back to him. Yumiko gave a soft smile as she motioned for him to take her hand. "Let's go, I think the bus should be here in another ten minutes" she said with a small caring smile. Yumiko made a mental note to herself about buying him a pair of shoes. Maybe a pair of her brothers shoes would fit her. She looked at him with curious eyes.

"How long have you been out here?" she asked him gently. "By the way, my name is Yumiko, and you are?" she asked with her still extended hand. It had started to snow harder, things were almost whiting out. Yumiko's ears were warm enough by now so she took off her winter hat and put it over the boys head, his ears were turning a dangerous icy blue.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM

No Name sighed shakily due to the shiver of the cold, and held the lunch box and sticks. He had never used chopsticks before so he didn't even know how to use them. When she smiled at him again, Nameless cast his dark green-blue eyes away. He didn't answer the questions she asked at first, because he didn't have any answers for her, No Name didn't know his real name. An old man that lived in the alley a few blocks over would call him N.N. maybe he'll use that. "N.N." He mumbled lowly, not telling her it was short for No Name. He flinched slightly when she moved toward his head, but then realized she had only up a hat over his head. Hestiantly with a small smile, he took her mittin covered hand with his icy one, and stood awkwardly on his numbed feet, carefully so he couldn't drop the lunch box.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Yumiko nodded, "N.N." she said with a small smile. "Is it short for something?" she asked him innocently. Not knowing the reason for this strangers quietness, because as far as Yumiko realized, everyone was suppose to have a name. As his icy hands touched hers, Yumiko gave a small involuntary shudder. She could feel the coldness of his skin through her mittens. She frowned and took them off, she let out a soft laugh as he stared at the chopsticks. "You...don't know how to use the chopsticks...do you?" she said kindly.

Yumiko took the lunch box gently from his hand as she gave him her mittens to wear. She really needed to get this boy out of the cold or else he would get frostbite really soon. She could tell his legs were getting numb and he could barely walk. "I think we should hurry and get you out of this cold" she told him with a frown.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 PM

No Name didn't reply to her first question and just gently shook his head at the second. He leaned back against the building wall behind him, as he felt his legs have pins and needles now that blood was trying to flow through. Nameless looked at the mittens that the girl took off of her own hands and gave them to him. He held them and carefully looked down at her, since she was just a tiny bit shorter than him. "Wh-what about your h-hands?" He inquired softly. He doubted the girl was used to the cold as he was, she had already given him her scarf, hat, blazer and now the mittens, surelly the girl would get cold.

When she spoke, Nameless nodded slightly then started to dig through the many makeshift pockets he had made from the folds of the fabric he wore. He held out the last of his money, which was just a couple of coins. "Bus fare." He said with a faint smile, feeling a little triumph to be able to provide even if it was a little bit.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM

Yumiko smiled at him, "My hands? I have pockets, see" she told him putting her free hand deep into her pocket. "You should wear those, plus, you need it much, much more than I do" she told him sincerely. Yumiko had never helped out a homeless person like this before. She usually just gave them money and once in a few months she would bring around her and her brothers old clothes and distributed them.

Yumiko shook her head when he pulled out the money. "It's okay, let me pay for you. You might need the money later" she insisted gently. Yumiko gently took his hand and guided him to the bus stop where they stood waiting for the bus, "Plus, I have a pass. So don't worry about the money." she said with another smile. Yumiko wondered what she was going to do once she did get home. Most importantly, what would her brother think?!

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 06:35 PM

No Name's small smile faded as he put the change away back into the makeshift pockets, it was just a few coins so it wasn't like he could do much with it as it is anyways. He carefully pulled the mittens on, he blushed faintly when he could feel her body heat in them still, and a little more darker when she grabbed his hand. He stumbled after her a little unsteady on his wrapped up feet. He kept his head down nervously as his hand was still in her's as they waited for the bus. No Name glanced up at the other and smiled nervously in return of her's. Honestly, he wasn't looking forward to getting on the bus. It was inclosed and usually a little crowded and he didn't do well in small spaces.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM

Yumiko saw the bus pulling up and smiled at him. "Be careful when you're climbing the steps" she said with a small smile. She had noticed that his feet were a bit tied up in the fabric that he was using to keep himself warm. She pulled out the bus pass with her one free hand, her arm was still linked through N.N.'s. She saw the bus was not greatly crowded like usual, she motioned for him to climb up. Yumiko entered behind him and showed the driver the bus pass, she could already feel people's gaze on them, most of them looked with thorough disgust.

Yumiko saw an empty seat and led N.N. too it, "Here sit down, give your cold feet a rest" she said smiling. She recognized a few people from her own school, they were seniors and they were on the soccer team with her. They looked at her with speculation and she offered them a weak toothy smile. Yumiko knew by tomorrow there would be stupid rumors going around.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM

No Name stumbled a bit when ushered up the steps. He kept his head down, knowing there were eyes upon them, mainly him and his unusual appearance. He felt the urge to run, but the girl was behind him, smiling at him, so he climbed in. No Name sat in the empty seat and tried not to look around at the other people. His grip on her hand wavered, uncomfortable with holding her hand, but he didn't want to let go, not really. "I-I'm sorry to b-bother you." He mumbled lowly, knowing from how the other was behaving that she knew some of the people in the bus.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM

Yumiko gave N.N.'s hand a small comforting squeeze, "No, no. It is not a bother to me, I'm actually glad to be doing something kind for someone! I don't get a chance to be helpful much, so when ever I get a chance I take it" she told him with a smile. Yumiko turned her face away from her seniors and stood with her back to them, she smiled down at him and realized she was still holding the lunch box. "Oh" she muttered half to herself.

Yumiko handed N.N. the lunch box, "Here, you must be hungry" she said with a nod. She handed him the lynch box and then rummaged through her school back till she found a plastic fork, she blew on it and wiped it with the edge of her skirt to make it clean. Yumiko also took out a small half full water bottle, unscrewing the cap she handed it too him. The warmth in the bus mixed with the cold air from outside made Yumiko's cheeks turn a light pink. "Are you warming up?" she asked him kindly.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Nameless looked up at her and looked at the lunch he was handed back. He wasn't going to give her trouble for trying to help him, so he was going to eat the lunch. He set the box on his lap and carefully took the mits off and set them beside the box. Taking the water and the fork and nodded in thanks to her. He smiled up at her faintly, and nodded slightly again. "Y-yes. Thank you." He mumbled lightly, then ate a little bit. He had a bit of a hard time trying to use the fork, since he never really used a fork before either, but he had seen people use it.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 PM

Yumiko leaned onto the pole that was right next to her, she held onto it so she would fall over. Her bag was now at her ankle, resting casually as she watched N.N. and ignored the looks of people. Her stop would be in another fifteen minutes. "You're welcome" she said returning his smile. She wanted to ask him questions but wondered if it was appropriate or not, finally her childishness got the best of her. "Sorry if I sound rude, but...why are you on the streets? You should go to an orphanage or a homeless shelter...wouldn't you be better there?" she asked him in a hushed tone obviously only meant for him.

Yumiko looked up once in awhile to check outside the window. She squinted, everything was almost invisible too her. The snow was falling hard and she could feel chills even inside the warm bus. Yumiko watched N.N. with utmost interest as he ate, he seemed to be struggling with the fork as well, 'Maybe his hands are just too cold' she thought to herself.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 PM

Nameless was starting to get a little annoyed at himself because the food kept falling off the fork and back into the lunch box. He stopped in mid attempt to bring forkfull of food to his lips, when the girl spoke. He lowered the food back into the box. "I. . . just. . . " he sighed deeply and just shook his head not sure of what to say in reply to her question. "I've always been o-on the streets." He mumbled.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Yumiko flinched slightly, "I'm really sorry...I should realize you probably don't want to talk about this...yet I can't keep my mouth shut" she said shaking her head. "I'm an idiot" she muttered to herself. She squinted as she looked out the window and saw it was her stop in just another three stops. "We will have to get off soon" she told him with a timid smile. Yumiko so hoped her brother wasn't home, it would be easier to just show him how innocent N.N. was instead of telling him that she had brought a stranger home...and that too a boy...and behind his back.

Yumiko bent down and picked up her bag from near her ankles, she dug through her un-organized back once more and pulled out a single key. The key was tied to a charm and it seemed to have a picture of people on it, the people on the charm picture were Yumiko's parents. She often looked at her old pictures when she really missed her parents, she smiled idly at the key as she waited for N.N. to finish eating.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-27-2011, 08:23 PM

Nameless looked up at her and smiled awkwardly. "I-it's fine. You're not an i-idiot." He muttered, hoping to reassure her. He turned back to the lunch box and struggled to eat more than he drops back into the box. He eventually gave up and just placed the plastic fork inside the box and closed it. No Name was nervous with going to his kind girl's house, and couldn't believe that he had accepted so much of her help already. He sighed lightly, then looked out the white out windows. 'I could be out there in that snow.' He thought, starting to feel gratefull for her help. He flinched as he heard a someone say something about how the nameless one looked. He whined lowly, really wanting to get off this bus.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM

She smiled sweetly at him, "Thanks" she said softly too him. She sort of petted his head like a sister would do to a brother, "Are you still cold?" she asked him gently. She noticed that he was still slightly stuttering. Yumiko had heard the people, and she knew the familiarity of the voice. It was Josie, captain of the soccer team, "ignore people who act ignorant"she told N.N. comfortingly. Yumiko motioned for N.N. to put on the mitts again as they were finally at her stop.

Yumiko took his hand slightly again as she got ready to get off the bus, she nodded a thank you to the bus driver as she carefully walked down the steps with N.N. she shuddered at the cold once they stepped out the bus. Her house was two minutes away from the stop but in the storm it felt like an eternity before they arrived in front of her door step.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM

Nameless shook his head when he was asked if he was still cold, this was the warmest he had ever been during the snowing days, and to him he was warm, even though his skin was still a bit icy to the touch. He giggled lightly, almost childishly, ignore the ignorant, it was something that just made him giggle. The nameless one nodded slightly and pulled the mits back on then followed the other off the bus. He smiled faintly as he could feel the warmth of the her hands through the fabric of the mits.

It had gotten even colder and more snow fell, surely ankle deep snow would be on the ground when it stopped, but he wrapped up feet was used to that. He noticed how the girl shuddered, so he made sure to stand beside her so he would block most of the snow and wind for her, after all he had her hat, scarf and mits, well her blazer too but she took that out of her bag. He stood beside her as they came up to a front door. No Name looked at the building in worry, he had never been in someone's place of living before and was already iffy about it.

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 AM

Yumiko quickly unlocked the door as she gently tugged N.N. inside and shut the door behind her. The house was dark and cold, but they were sheltered from the merciless wind and snow that was blowing about outside. She sighed and dropped her bag down with a thud, she hit a light switch which near to her head. The house, when illuminated, was beautifully decorated. Though her brother had to sell off some of the furniture, Yumiko had made sure to keep her parents favourite ones. "Well, welcome home...I guess" she said with a little smile towards N.N.

Yumiko stretched and motioned N.N. towards the wide, cushion couch. "Sit" she told him kindly. She ran towards the fire place and turned it on to its fullest. Afterwards she dragged up a small stool beside the fireplace, "I think you would be better off sitting here" she said with a small smile, "It'll do your feet good, just be careful not to put your feet too close to it, or else you will singe them" she grinned. After making sure he was seated she went towards the kitchen, turning on the stove she got down a can of alphabet soup. She was sure N.N. was hungry, but of course, he would never admit it.

Nezume Gamakaeru

Old 07-28-2011, 01:44 AM

The second he was pulled inside, No Name could feel the incloseness around him. He forced an awkward smile when she smiled at him and welcomed him home. He followed her, holding the fabric and blazer he wore close around himself as she put him onto a stool. He rubbed her wrapped feet uncomfortably as he sat on the stool, he was nervous about the fire being so close too and the singeing of the feet didn't help the matter.

As the other left him alone, Nameless pulled the soft hat, mits, scarf and was in the process of taking the blazer off without taking the fabric he alway wore. He had put the snow clothing neatly in a pile on the floor behind him so it was away from the fireplace. He could see the dirt and grim on the clothing items because of him. He sighed softly and hugged the fabric he wore close around him. The teen could feel the iciness of him starting to thaw thanks to the fire and break of the winds.