MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-07-2023, 04:30 PM

I can't wait til there is no more snow. Now, we didn;t get dumped on a lot, but I don't like snow and ice anymore. It's been 35-40 degs but I can't wait til it gets a bit warmer either... so maybe I can go out walking more instead of wandering the halls of my apt building looking like a weirdo, lol.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-07-2023, 07:43 PM

i can't wait to go out walking too. spring really is so peaceful! i love seeing all the new flowers blooming and people growing their gardens and everything

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-07-2023, 08:43 PM

I feel like wandering the halls of my apartment building but for the opposite reason. It's too hot here for walking!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-08-2023, 02:27 AM

Everything here.....is wet. We've had an over abundance of slush falling from the sky lately. Its kinda slippery, but no more so then ice or snow its just wet. I get in some days dumping pools of water out of my shoes.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2023, 03:11 AM

That sounds very ick.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-08-2023, 03:47 AM

ugh i can take any kind of weather except wet, i hate feeling wet.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-08-2023, 01:41 PM

LOL I love how we all have different reasons to enjoy/dislike the weather.

I am very excited that it's been around +2 to +8C lately because the snow banks are melting just enough that you can actually see when you're turning out of your driveway

I'm SO ready for warm weather though. My body and mind are done with winter.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-08-2023, 07:23 PM

My body and mind are not ready for the soup that is Florida summertime.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 03-08-2023, 09:28 PM

Ok that gif had me so confused. When I looked up reference photos from Google, she was wearing white leggings or stockings or whatever. In that gif, she doesn't have any on!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-08-2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
LOL I love how we all have different reasons to enjoy/dislike the weather.

I am very excited that it's been around +2 to +8C lately because the snow banks are melting just enough that you can actually see when you're turning out of your driveway

I'm SO ready for warm weather though. My body and mind are done with winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
My body and mind are not ready for the soup that is Florida summertime.
sounds like we're ready for an episode of Trading Places

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Ok that gif had me so confused. When I looked up reference photos from Google, she was wearing white leggings or stockings or whatever. In that gif, she doesn't have any on!
that is so weird!! i'm not sure what episode it's from either, maybe it was a different art director or something.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
sounds like we're ready for an episode of Trading Places
Exactly my thoughts!! Except I want to trade with Suona: or Roachi: so I could be in Hawaii or New Zealand LOL

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-09-2023, 02:25 PM

I'll switch with whoever Randeh doesn't cause those places are divine weather wise >.>

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-09-2023, 02:40 PM

LOL Right?! No snow, beautiful palm trees. I think they are both relatively expensive to live in though, so I'll take either, no advantage LOL

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 04:06 PM

I've always wanted to visit both, I'd love to go for vacation sometime! But New Zealand is so freaking far away. I might be going to Barcelona next month though so there is that!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 05:15 PM

oh Barcelona sounds exciting! i've always wanted to visit Spain. sounds like you're about halfway to New Zealand

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 05:40 PM

My boyfriend went for a conference last year and I didn't go with him because we already had a trip to Venice planned and I didn't really want to spend more money after that expensive plane ticket. It's a new year and a new budget though so I'm ready to go this time. I HATE the long plane rides to Europe because I can never sleep and end up in a state of meltdown but hopefully it'll be worth it.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-09-2023, 07:02 PM

oof i couldn't imagine, i have a hard time with even 3 hour flights. i can never get myself to read or do puzzles or watch anything, it's just too overstimulating. and i don't think i could sleep either. hopefully you'll have a little time after you land to decompress.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2023, 08:17 PM

I could sleep a bit if I could get a window seat to rest my head against. Without something to lean against though, I can't sleep at all. I tried to get a really nice neck pillow for when we went to Venice but it just didn't work. At this point I think the only other thing that would work are these like blow up type pillows that make a tall rest that you can lean against. They look friggen ridiculous though, I'm not sure if I'm willing to go that route. We'll see what we can find with the flights tonight and if there aren't any window seats, like I imagine there won't be, then maybe I'll consider it.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-09-2023, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Exactly my thoughts!! Except I want to trade with Suona: or Roachi: so I could be in Hawaii or New Zealand LOL
What’s really funny is that as I’m reading this, I’m lounging at the beach lol we’ve actually had rain daily for over a month and had 50mph winds yesterday. Then today is calm and all sun. I rescued a grounded Plover and the refuge I took it to happened to be by my favorite beach to take my dog. Taking advantage of the good weather and soaking up as much sun as I can.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-10-2023, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
What’s really funny is that as I’m reading this, I’m lounging at the beach lol we’ve actually had rain daily for over a month and had 50mph winds yesterday. Then today is calm and all sun. I rescued a grounded Plover and the refuge I took it to happened to be by my favorite beach to take my dog. Taking advantage of the good weather and soaking up as much sun as I can.
As I look out the window as my cold wet slush covered world......I am insanely jealous of you

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-10-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
As I look out the window as my cold wet slush covered world......I am insanely jealous of you
If it makes you feel any better, I am severely sunburned

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-10-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I am severely sunburned
Not at all! Ouch! I hope the sun was worth it even if now is >....<

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-10-2023, 05:10 PM

Totally worth it. I underestimated it because I figured we would still have winter sun, which is much less intense, but since we’re nearing Speing the UV index is already increasing. Plus I was there about 4 hrs. I sat in the shade too but not remotely as much as I should have. Just felt so good to be in the sun again. Weather immediately turned back to shit, so definitely no regrets.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-10-2023, 11:51 PM

In that regards, I am happy for you! Its snowing again here, we should be getting another 4 or 5 inches. At least it looks like snow though and not slush. I'll take what I can lol. I think I might take a vacation somewhere warmer soon if I can but it probably wont be too far. Like North Carolina or something like that.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 03-14-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
I've always wanted to visit both, I'd love to go for vacation sometime! But New Zealand is so freaking far away. I might be going to Barcelona next month though so there is that!
OHHHH Barcelona! That sounds delightful! I have never been to Europe, but it's on the list! LOL
Quote:
Ah you are doing Hawaii living properly friend! And I had to google what a Plover was lol Cute little bird!!

Like Cora, it's snowing here too LOL