Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM

So hey, how you guys doing?

I thought it would be cool if there was a spot here, where people could talk about where they found out about our awesome little bit of the internet B)

So tell us how you discovered Menewsha : D

Emilio
Newbie Helper
NPC

Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Might use this for something!

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 03-12-2012, 09:15 PM

I found menewsha randomly while trying to move on from Gaiaonline. I googled avatar websites and I found this awesome site called Menewsha. :D :heart:

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 03-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Well I was just looking around for a new avi site to come to and Menewsha really caught my interest the moment I saw the avi's. Thanks Google! XD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 PM

I was asked to join Menewsha by a close friend of mine in 2008. I was getting sick of the BS and greed of Gaia, so my friend thought Mene might be a better fit, especially 'cause I was having a big issue with how the Gaia avis looked and how the clothes/items looked on them. She was most definitely right! From the moment I joined Menewsha I immediately saw a better community and a friendlier atmosphere. I love it. :) <3
Plus, the avis and prices are pretty reasonable and awesome one here ;)

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 PM

One day I was chatting to my neighbours cat and he was like "hey, there's this pretty cool website called Menewsha, check it out" so I did. I don't know who the cat is though. That's the beauty of the internet. No-one knows if you're an animal...

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM

You know, i don't remember how I found mene. I sure am glad i did though. Everyone is so friendly and I love it here. I was also on Gaia, and maybe I was searching for a new site to join; i don't remember! :headdesk:

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 PM

I found it from the tektek ad.

Ribe
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM

My friend told me on here when we left another forum site, that this was a good place to role play in. So we bail from rping there and came over here there was about 10 of us in total :) and we are all still here :) its a great site keep up the good work.

Akio Shentoshi
Chaos Shadow Fox Spirit
Send a message via AIM to Akio Shentoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Akio Shentoshi

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM

I heard about menewsha threw my wife. She wanted me to try it because i once had a gaia account but hated it because of the community and quite after a week. Afterwards i did not try any other avatar sites for 5 years because i assumed they were all full of elitists and mods that would rob you blind. She wanted me to try menewsha so we would have something to do together so i did. I found a home in menewsha after falling in love with the community the people here are so kind and fun. I will be a member and fan of menewsha for aslong as humanly possible. For the simple fact that it is a place i have made wonderful friends.

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM

My mom joined this site and I thought it looked cool. So I joined it and I have been here ever since. :'D

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM

I heard about it from a guy in high school. :) We had a study hall together and we were talking, and he suggested I check the sight out. :)

Rad Lionheart
(ó㉨ò)
Send a message via AIM to Rad Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Rad Lionheart

Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM

It was so long ago, I have forgotten the details.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 PM

I clicked on a sidebar on Facebook - something I had never done before, and I don't think I have done since.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Damn, I wish I could remember. :gonk:
I might have searched for avatar sites though. xD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM

that is a cool idea! i saw a small ad for mene somewhere and followed it. then i saw that you could play tetris and so i joined! then i met the people here and couldnt leave if i wanted to!

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM

Back when I was an Anon Troll I wanted to see what the suggested targets were. Among the list was "a weeabo gaiafag like site that we don't need more of" (more or less how it described the site) they suggested we create trolltags and scope it out for tolling potential. One of the reasons I have the name Longcat. I ended up loving it here, the raid fell through, I stayed and stopped being a troll.

And that's how I went from internet troll to mene oldtimer. :3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Someone in my favorite guild on Gaia had mentioned Mene and said she wasn't on Gaia much anymore because she liked it here so much. I checked the site out, but wasn't that impressed with how it looked (it was only a few months old at the time :lol: ) and didn't spare it another thought. A few more months passed and I was looking for new avatar sites to join because I was getting sick of Gaia for the usual reasons. There weren't that many good avatar sites around at the time and Magivolve had just started to shut down, I guess. A few days into my search, I remembered Menewsha and decided to check back to see if I liked it any more. And clearly I did! I registered that day and have barely been on Gaia since. It's been so fun watching Menewsha grow!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
I clicked on a sidebar on Facebook - something I had never done before, and I don't think I have done since.
Same here. It was through a Facebook ad that got me hooked. Best ad I ever clicked. xD

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 03-12-2012, 11:28 PM

I was visiting a friend, and she told me about this site. She showed me a few of the pages. Once I got home I looked it up and registered. For a while I wasn't too terribly active, but I'm working on being more involved. I'd forgotten how much fun it was.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 PM

Back in 2008, when I still played on Gaia Online all the time, a really good friend on there told me about Mene. I was really getting sick of the greed and bullshit going on with Gaia, so I came to check Mene out, got hooked, and here I am. ^_^

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 AM

I found Menewsha completely by chance. I honestly have no idea how I even found it in the first place.
I think I might have been searching for good avatar sites after remembering Gaia... I hadn't been on any good avatar sites... but when I remember Gaia, I was like "Oh hey google."
Then came Menewsha. :3
:heart:

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 AM

Someone I chatted to regularly on Gaia invited a lot of people from their charity thread over to Menewsha back in March of 2007.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 AM

I was part of a movement that essentially caused the downfall of another site, no names mentioned, but they did rather deserve it. And thats saying something coming from someone like me. At the time I lost my internet home, and was rather sad. A friend, who is still an active member here recomended this as well as a few other sites....and well...I just sort of stuck and this became my new home.

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 03-13-2012, 01:04 AM

A loooong time ago, I found about menewsha from my friend Ithir, who I had met previously on gaiaonline.