CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 06-25-2013, 12:20 AM

Hello there, let's not waste time on too lengthy an introduction. I'm offering art for free because in the past, I've demanded payment and when I got it, I became too much of perfectionist to even start my work, so I've had to decline many an order. I'm hoping that by drawing freebies, it'll let me feel less pressured. However, if you insist on payment, I accept tips gratefully.

I will try to draw something for everyone who posts here, but no guarantees. Here's the catch though, this is a grab bag, *points to title* so what you get from me will be random. It may just be a colored sketch, or a simple chibi, or a headshot, or something else. The more inspired I am, the more complex the work will be, but I will do my best to keep quality consistent. My deviantART account is at lexiiie.deviantart.com

Here are some tips on how to get art from me:
-Your request must be PG-13. No excessive nudity, sexual content, violence, or gore.
-If you are requesting OC art, please include picture refs because I've found that I am horrible at working with text-only descriptions.
-If you are requesting avatar art, please make sure it is not too layered or cluttered, because that's really hard for me to get right.
-Make interesting requests! Don't just come in and tell me to draw your avi or OC. Maybe you could recommend a song for me to listen to while working on your request. Play symbolism and association games with your OCs. Inspire me!
-Please no mecha or furries or muscle men/women. I cannot draw those at all and I have no interest in doing so.
-More will be added later.

Rules about my art:
-Fair warning that I WILL take artistic liberties if I want to.
-Do not rush me. It puts me off working on anything.
-Do not steal, trace, redistribute, or make bases out of my art. if I catch you, it won't be pleasant.
-Once you receive art from me, you can make slight edits such as transparency, changing the size/resolution, or adding text.
-You must credit me if you use it. I do not like seeing uncredited art anywhere and my own is not an exception.

There's probably more I might need to add, but that's it for now.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 06-25-2013, 01:09 AM

Hello! Might I ask for the OC on the left?

If you'd like to listen to something that goes along with who he is, perhaps this might work since it works for who he is...

Information on The CharacterX

• Who He Is
  • What He's Like
  • What He Likes

This character is a vampire named Benji (though it's not his real name). He comes from a long line of strict, high-class vampires originating in Germany and stretching across developing countries. He isn't necessarily like what most people consider commonplace for a vampire nowadays. While books, movies, and television shows relate vampires to some variety of god-like creatures or sex-crazed lunatics, Benji has done well to suppress that nature---which isn't necessarily exaggerated in some aspects---and hide what he is until he needs blood. Even then a well-kept power of manipulation wipes the memory of the encounter from the human afterward.

A quiet man, Benji was fully turned when he was twenty four years old. He moves around the country, sometimes completely out of the country, and works at an office or library or other quiet place that doesn't involve a great amount of human contact. Somewhat melancholy, he relies on his sketching and writing to get out his thoughts because he keeps to himself as much as possible, though he's not unfriendly, nor does he go out of his way to avoid meetings with strangers or even acquaintances he'll gain over time, naturally. Still, when one looks at his drawings or writings, one can see the inner works of a young man that isn't always as happy or as content as he claims to be.

Regarding his personal tastes, Benji is and always will be a rather old soul. Loving classical music, staring for hours at historical paintings and visiting museum after museum, his tastes lie in Victorian-era elegance. It stands to know that blood has a variety of tastes that only vampires can sense, and Benji himself prefers that of artistic humans, preferably men.

Ahem... So, I do hope you accept! I wasn't sure what to give you to inform you of him, so I just winged it!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 PM

hello. Could you draw my Oc Shin for me? He's training to be a kpop idol. His group is more bad ass than cute and he's the lead dancer. You can do pretty much anything you want with him though, including changing up his clothes. I'm not set on them. The basics of brown eyes and white blonde hair are the only necessities. I'll give you a few more pic refs just in case.
photo
very vague stage clothes ref

If you need more inspiring, I'm willing to sit around and chat with ya! :D

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-25-2013 at 05:39 PM..

roboticfalsegod

Old 06-25-2013, 07:57 PM

My OC, Valentina, if you want? I've got avatar refrences for her as well as one of her pictures someone drew for me. C:

http://i44.tinypic.com/o07aiv.png
http://i43.tinypic.com/53temb.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/s2ctv7.png

Usako
Moon Princess

Old 06-26-2013, 03:02 AM

References/Description: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sHeadshot1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rl-d67fxtu.png (except he has white ears/tail and a white cape)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sOutfitRef.png more info on his outfit)
Shy, bookworm character, peaceful and in general a nice person.

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Something popped up and I'm fairly busy, but don't worry, I will check back soon to see the references. Just a head's up that I'm gonna be really slow, sorry! :'D

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM

That's fine Celeste. Do take your time. ^_^

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 06-28-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachigami View Post
Hello! Might I ask for the OC on the left?

If you'd like to listen to something that goes along with who he is, perhaps this might work since it works for who he is...

Information on The CharacterX

• Who He Is
  • What He's Like
  • What He Likes

This character is a vampire named Benji (though it's not his real name). He comes from a long line of strict, high-class vampires originating in Germany and stretching across developing countries. He isn't necessarily like what most people consider commonplace for a vampire nowadays. While books, movies, and television shows relate vampires to some variety of god-like creatures or sex-crazed lunatics, Benji has done well to suppress that nature---which isn't necessarily exaggerated in some aspects---and hide what he is until he needs blood. Even then a well-kept power of manipulation wipes the memory of the encounter from the human afterward.

A quiet man, Benji was fully turned when he was twenty four years old. He moves around the country, sometimes completely out of the country, and works at an office or library or other quiet place that doesn't involve a great amount of human contact. Somewhat melancholy, he relies on his sketching and writing to get out his thoughts because he keeps to himself as much as possible, though he's not unfriendly, nor does he go out of his way to avoid meetings with strangers or even acquaintances he'll gain over time, naturally. Still, when one looks at his drawings or writings, one can see the inner works of a young man that isn't always as happy or as content as he claims to be.

Regarding his personal tastes, Benji is and always will be a rather old soul. Loving classical music, staring for hours at historical paintings and visiting museum after museum, his tastes lie in Victorian-era elegance. It stands to know that blood has a variety of tastes that only vampires can sense, and Benji himself prefers that of artistic humans, preferably men.

Ahem... So, I do hope you accept! I wasn't sure what to give you to inform you of him, so I just winged it!
Here you go~

---------- Post added 06-28-2013 at 11:10 AM ----------

I will get to work on the other requests soon. I'll be gone for a few days on a road trip this coming weekend, so it'll probably be next week when i can finish.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 06-29-2013, 10:21 AM

owo Hey Celeste. Do you think you could draw me a phoenix?

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 PM

Oooh, I've never drawn one, but I think I'd like to try. Anything specific you want about it?

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 PM

:3 Nothing specific. Have fun with it? XD;;

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 AM

Oooh, okay. I'll do my best!

Yup, so I'm back from the trip, and I'll try to work on the freebies asap.

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM

... I just found a thread on another site where I offer commissions. I'd forgotten about them! I'm sorry but they will take top priority, so freebies will take even longer. I am really sorry and I understand if no one wants freebies anymore.

The Kit-Kat Project
Kat's male half

Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Take your time. I know the feeling after all. o.o I've done the same thing finding old commissions to do.