Viveka
:3

Old 10-06-2016, 01:01 PM

I'm going to try to write in this as often as I can -it may not be every day, and I'm OK with that. Just making my expectations as realistic as possible going in

I love to write poetry, although I haven't been able to as much since graduating from college (almost a year ago, now! Eeep!!) I notice that writing poetry is easier when I keep as regular of a journal/diary as possible. So.

Exciting thing of the day! We got a new couch! I'm lying on it right now. It's super comfortable and goes well with our new armchair :D One of our cats already vomited on the armchair ... I did my best to clean it up so my fiance won't notice, because I know he'll get angry at the poor cat if he does. But this house is really shaping up to feel like home. Despite the fact that it's still extremely messy. I do all the cleaning and I try, I really do, but it's hard! I miss just having a dorm room to keep clean - that was easy.

Breakfast today was an apple and peanut butter. Lunch will be beans and rice and dinner will be potatoes and an egg. Lucky for me, apples and potatoes are on sale at this time of year. I'm still working on losing the 10 pounds I gained since last May. I feel too embarrassed to even go to the gym, weighing this much :(

Time to keep applying for jobs! I hope I started this thread correctly.

Viveka

Old 10-07-2016, 11:25 PM

So today I had another interview with recruiters, the second this week! I really enjoyed it because I've worked with this company before, and I hope I get an interview with the hiring managers. I got to the office about an hour early, as usual, and sat in my car reading and listening to the radio. Unfortunately, I dropped my lipstick onto my white interview shirt D: One of the recruiters did mention it, but he didn't seem put off or anything - I guess these things just happen! Now to get the stain out of my shirt so I don't have to buy a new one ...

As an aside, I'm really proud of myself - 2 or 3 years ago I would have started crying out of embarrassment, but now I just think it's funny. Anyway, I've applied to about 30 jobs this round, and this is my ... third interview? I think I got six interviews out of 60 applications last time, so this is about par.

I made stir fry for dinner tonight. I also tried one of Starbucks' new breakfast sandwiches as my pre-interview treat. Not a good healthy eating day, but it was delicious P:

I look forward to tomorrow! I'm going to go to the library. Now it's time to work on wedding announcements and catch up on emails!

Viveka

Old 10-09-2016, 03:35 PM

Yesterday my fiance slept in, so I got the day mainly to myself. I went to the library and checked out some books - one was about the Schoolhouse Blizzard of 1888, and I already finished reading it! This blizzard affected the same part of the world in which I live, and I know I will have to deal with more than a few blizzards during my time here. It's funny; it's been in the 40's and 50's (degrees Fahrenheit) over the past few days, and I'm already uncomfortably cold >:(

My fiance was super nice to me and bought me new slippers and a pack of socks for my cold feet.

He also said he would give me money to buy snack food because he's tired of eating potatoes. Sorry potatoes are cheap and I'm forever stuck in poor-person-food-buying mode, gosh >:(

The feeling of being able to walk into a grocery store and buy everything you need and most of what you want ... There's nothing like it. My fiance is a good person and I really don't deserve him, but I try to!

I played some video games this morning and now I have to take a shower and clean the house. Yay!

Viveka

Old 10-13-2016, 01:17 AM

I got a call this afternoon that my recruiter has scheduled an interview for me tomorrow! It's with the same company that I worked for previously, so I am excited :D Unfortunately, I also know that all positions at this company are super competitive, so I don't have very high hopes for actually getting hired. It should be good practice nevertheless.

I have had sub-zero energy lately. I take 2 - 2.5 hour naps every day and wake up stiff and in pain because I didn't move during the entire nap. I think I know what's wrong, but I don't have health insurance so I am going to do my best to take care of myself for now.

I had beans and rice and sausage for dinner, and some delicious raw broccoli coleslaw that really hit my veggie craving.

Kitty had another accident this morning :( Both our cats have cerebellar hypoplasia. They don't have the severe form at all, but it makes it hard for them to get to the litter box on time. Again, did my best to clean it up so my fiance won't notice.

I should keep preparing for my interview. I won't feel as sad if I do productive things! Wish me luck for tomorrow ~ :D

Viveka

Old 10-18-2016, 10:52 PM

I registered to vote!! On the last possible day, because I'm such a procrastinator. But still, yay for doing a responsible adult thing!!

*sigh* OK so today was kind of a bad day. I know these are meant to be for collecting happy memories, but I have no one else to vent to. It doesn't even make sense that I'm upset?? Anyway.

Last night I cooked salmon from frozen. My fiance ended up getting pizza later, but I had some of the salmon and thought it tasted all right. It was a little soggy but I had been expecting that. I put the leftovers in the fridge.

Today my fiance wanted lunch so I decided to give him leftovers, since we almost never finish our leftovers (oops ...) I put some of the salmon in the toaster oven and heated it up until it was nice and bubbling on top.

Except for it was either completely soggy, or completely raw, in the middle. Seriously. It looked so bad. He showed it to me and I felt like crying, but I was too dehydrated (lol ... I need to take better care of myself, but our water just tastes so awful) and he got a protein bar instead.

This evening I still felt guilty, so I got him Chinese food - none for myself, though, because I can't afford it. Did he ask if I got anything for myself? Um, no. He even went into the kitchen while I was heating up canned food for myself and didn't notice. He's been upset about a game that he's playing, so I guess that's what's going on.

So much drama about food. A day in my life.

On the plus side, I got a job! Yay! It starts next month. It's a 60 mile round trip commute, which is terrible, but it will at least allow me to keep up on my student loans, and pay for gas and cat food. I can't wait to start. Moping around the house is stressing me out.