Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM

Gino didn’t seem to be listening as he moved about, using a crowbar he’d had hanging on the wall by the door to open the crates one at a time, inspecting the contents for unwelcome passengers. Finding none, he stepped aside and dragged one in particular over to the stove. “Stew?” He repeated. “That takes a long while, boy. To get it right, anyway.” He picked up a bag. “And I’m makin’ it for the gang when they come by for lunch and dinner. They might like to get off the ship sometimes, but why pay for a meal when you can have one for free?” He chuckled, setting the bag beside the crate and going to a pump near the oven. Grabbing a bucket nearby, he pumped clear water into it.

While he worked, he glanced to Vassily every now and then as he spoke. “You’ll have your stew this afternoon. This morning is oatmeal. It’s not elaborate, but it’s worthwhile to the men. And everyone eats the same thing.”

He mixed half the bag’s contents with the water in the pot, which was already hot. “Go on to the mess hall---which is really just a big room with a few long tables---and wait for the bell. You’ll be able to figure out the right room since it’s marked. Aloe might be up there, so you’ll be able to clear anything up with her.” He turned to Vassily then. “Go on, get! Nothing to do right now!” He gestured elaborately and turned back to his work.

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 AM

Chaos stared blankly at Gino as he watched him cook. "Well that's true, I'm sorry...I'll gladly eat anything, I'm really hungry." he confessed and looked down at his hands. The silence was getting to him though and was glad to hear Gino speak again. "Ah okay then, I can wait sir." he assured with a nod. His dark black eyes scanned the darkly lit kitchen and he couldnt help but stare at Gino's goggles. He thought that they looked really cool and wondered how he would look if he had a pair, the thought made him shake his head and chuckle.

"Oatmeal...I haven't had that in years...forgot what it tastes like." he admitted quietly. Hearing that everyone ate the same thing, was good news for him since that stopped people from fighting about food. Though, he was sure that there were still people who complained about not getting enough which was stupid in his opinion.

"The mess hall..." he repeated and nodded as he listened to the rest of what Gino was saying. "Big room with long tables. I'm sure I won't miss it...and I'll wait for the bell then." he replied coyly. Chaos was surprised when Gino began to tell him to leave. "I thought I had-" but he stopped himself and nodded. "As you wish..." he said and turned on his heel before walking out of the kitchen, closing the door gently behind him. "Now to look for the mess hall..." he muttered as he began to walk around aimlessly looking for the mess hall Gino spoke of.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 AM

Aloe yawned. She’d woken up a bit too early, obviously. It wasn’t even noon and she felt as though she’d spent the entire day up and moving. Rift was on the other side of the table with one hand under his chin. “Sleep in a bit.” He said. “That’s a captain’s obligation, you know.”

“Bah.” She waved her hand at him and took her hat off. “I’ll make it. And I won’t slack off just because I can. That’d probably put it in the minds of everyone else they can do it too.” She laughed. “Won’t be doing that. You see the fresh meat?” She glanced around at him. “Thought he’d be out of the kitchen by now, Gino doesn’t like distraction.”

“Nope. Not since I came down here with you.” Rift huffed. “Think he got lost?”

“Naah.” Aloe stood despite her nonchalant manner. “And if he did I’d be able to find him. Wouldn’t put it past him to open any closed doors anyway.”

As she spoke, she saw him wander by muttering to himself. “Vassily!” She yelled. “In here, eh? Looks like you’re done with Gino.”

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-04-2012, 03:15 PM

"Gino said that it's hard to miss...that it's marked..." he said as he scanned every door he passed by, looking for a marking. "What's the marking though? Does it have a sign saying 'Mess Hall' in bold lettering?" he asked himself as he continued to walk down the hall. Hearing voices he stopped and listened. "I must be getting close..." he whispered and looked around before continuing to walk slowly through the hall.

Hearing his name being yelled, he froze in mid-step and backed up a few steps. Looking over at Aloe and Rift, Chaos entered the room Gino called the 'Mess Hall' and nodded. "Yes, he told me to come to the mess hall...I'm guessing this is it...." he said quietly as he just stood there.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Aloe pulled him into the room. “Sit now, Gino’s probably about take some time with his cooking.” She said. “He may be a cook on a ship, but he really puts his heart into everything he makes.”

Rift got a lost expression on his face. “Wonder if he’d actually put his heart into something if he could...” He muttered. Aloe shook her head slowly, staring at the man as though she were used to his odd voiced thoughts but still couldn’t quite believe he said them.

“Anyway,” Aloe turned back to Vassily. “The boys are probably coming back to the ship for breakfast by now. It’s usually like clockwork how they come and go when we’re docked. Oh, look!” Aloe glanced up, above the young man’s head. The twins had entered. “Shane and Dane, my engineers.” She said. “Twins who both decided to become engineers, and they’re good at it. Not that I’m ever really interested in how the things work.” She chuckled.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Chaos sat down when he was told to sit, but left some space between him and Aloe. "Well that's nice. He really does seem like he loves being the cook. I can tell by just watching him cook." he explained and stared at the table.

Glancing over to Rift, Chaos raised an eyebrow hearing what Rift said. I wonder if Rift actually believed that Gino would literally put his heart in the things he does...if that were the case they would need a new cook since Gino would be dead. thought Chaos to himself.

Blinking and snapping out of his thoughts, Chaos glanced at Aloe when she spoke and turned around to see two twins enter the room. Shane and Dane...names rhyme...it's very obvious that they're twins... he thought to himself and stared at the twins before gently running his fingers over the smooth surface of the table, not sure what to do or say.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Shane and Dane had taken a seat on the other side of the table, beside Rift, who immediately fell into a dull conversation with them. Aloe didn’t listen, however. Rift’s ability to switch topics was uncanny, as though he hadn’t moments ago been voicing his thought that Gino would probably drop his ripped-out life-giving organ into a pot of stew or into the middle of a disemboweled fowl. Aloe shook her head and glanced at Vassily.

“Well, what do you think?” She asked. “Like what you see?” She gestured about, obviously talking about more than just the room they were in. “Easy layout, eh?” From above, thudding and muffled voices came to be. “Sounds like the guys are back. They know Gino too well.” She added, glancing up at the ceiling as though she could see them. At that point, the bell rang. “Amazing.” She muttered. “Always amazing. Go on and get to the kitchen before the others do, there’s usually a line out the door.” She patted the young man and stood, letting out a growl that resembled Rift’s as he and the twins stood as well.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM

"Well yes...it seems very nice so far." he answered as he looked at the large room. He was sure he would like staying here. The only thing that bothered him was that he was most likely not going to get along with anyone...especially since he wasn't much of a social butterfly. He was more of a wallflower. "I think I'll like staying here Aloe..." he added quietly and followed her gaze to the ceiling. "Yeah, it sounds like they're ready to eat." he said and nodded. Standing up when she did, he looked confused. "So you want me to go back to the kitchen?" he asked and listened to the rest of what she said. "Oh Okay then..." Turning, Chaos walked out of the mess hall and headed to the kitchen even though he didn't mind waiting in line for his food.