Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2019, 04:20 PM

Tai breathed in deep, managing to calm himself. It wasn't like him to get stressed or angry over anything. He was always the 'precious sweetheart' at work. Only Sophie could tangle up his heartlines like this. "Alright. Just try to be careful from now on. You know I worry about you. We're both too sweet for this world..." He sat, still keeping hold of Sophie's hand, though he smiled at how the cats acted. "Even these two look worried about you, you know."

Hopping up onto Tai's lap, Pedro butted his hand against the man's hand, almost seeming to mind. "~But would she let us do that? Maybe we should just deal with those guys ourselves. See how they like sleeping behind a dumpster!~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-20-2019, 04:58 PM

Sophie pouted some at his action. She didn't like seeing him upset or stressed, especially about her. She was a big girl, a small group of hoodlums weren't going to scare her or take advantage of her without some kind of fight. She nodded lightly to his words of being careful and how he would always worry about her, then glanced at the cats when he mentioned even having them worried and she stroked Derek's head as he licked her cheek. "And here I thought you didn't like people." She teased the small black cat, who simply hoped down onto her lap as Pedro mewed at him.

Derek lightly pawed Pedro, mewing back. "~I doubt it, I'm pretty sure she works at bakery with how she smells of cake and tarts.. But I wouldn't mind sticking them in a dumpster next time we go out.~"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-22-2019, 04:33 PM

"I guess you have the effect on cats as well as people," Tai chuckled. "No matter how aloof, you make people like you." After all, he'd fallen for her the first time they met. Not from a glance, but from the words they said to each other as well as Sophie's smile. That alone was enough to make someone fall in love. "But let's not talk about worrisome things anymore. Do you have any shifts this weekend?"

"~That's right! It's just two blocks down. I've been there before, but she took me right back home when she saw my following~" Pedro whined, his tail twitching in distress. Even if he was sneaky, Sophie always seemed to know if he followed her. "~Then I think it's really up to us to protect our family!~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-23-2019, 01:24 AM

Sophie smiled at his words and kissed his cheek. He was so sweet, and very charming. Every time he spoke she fell for him all over again. She took a moment to think about whether or not she had to work over the weekend. "I have a three hour shift on Saturday, in the afternoon but if Shelly shows in free to leave." She said.

"~We'll sneak out tonight then, or wait until they leave tomorrow."~ Derek mewed at Pedro's whine, noticing his twitching tail. Right, it was up to them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-26-2019, 12:06 AM

Tai smiled even wider. "I'm sure you could get that shift covered. I was thinking, we could go somewhere? Just get out of town for a weekend? It's uh...something I've been thinking about for a while, but I didn't want to say. Just to be sure..." His eyes darted down for a second, though he continued to smile like he wasn't acting nervous. He was, but incredibly excited for what he planned.

"~Absolutely!~" Pedro exclaimed. He jumped down from Tai's lap, noticing that the human seemed out of sorts. But he and Sophie were grinning a lot so it was probably good. "~Maybe we should give them some space? I could show you my toy collection.~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-26-2019, 01:05 AM

Sophie blushed when she caught onto what the man before her had offered. When was the last time she took a vacation, even if just for the weekend? A sweet smile graced her lips and she gingerly brushed her hand against his cheek. "Tai Levon, are you planning a romantic getaway?" She asked softly, teasing him a little. It wasn't often she saw him this nervous around her.

Derek mewed in response and hopped down as well, curious about his collection.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 03:38 AM

Tai flushed the slightest bit, but he managed to pull himself together, looking at Sophie with determination. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm planning," he murmured. "A romantic getaway that I've been thinking about for a long time now. And lately, even more so. You're just so..." He shook his head. "Well, I'll save the sappy words for when we're actually on our getaway. I don't want to give you too many clues or there's no point to it all, right?"

Pedro led the way to one of the spare bedrooms which had become something of a cat-room instead of somewhere for guests to sleep. Normally he preferred the couch because he was a social cat, but the shoebox on the floor was the real gem. ~"There! A whole box full of them!~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 04:35 PM

Sophie giggled and kissed his cheek. "I'll talk to my boss about taking the weekend off for vacation time. She wandered off and pulled out her phone to call the bakery.

Derek checked the room out once they reached it, then inspected the box of toys. "~All of these are yours? You're spoiled."~ He mused teasingly, nudging against the other cat playfullly.

By the time Sophie got of the phone, she was glowing. She loosely wrapped her arms around Tai and stole a quick peck to his lips. "I'm covered for the weekend, I'm all yours." She teased playfully.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-31-2019, 03:01 PM

"Thanks. I know...well, I hope you won't regret it," Tai corrected himself, though he was smiling too hard to mind as he watched Sophie go to make her call. When she came back, he was still beaming himself. "You have no idea how happy that makes me feel. You really are the best, Soph." He wrapped his arms loosely around her waist, kissing her back.

Pedro used a paw to knock the box over, feeling just a bit petulant. "~No. Now these two belong to me and you, so I'm not spoiled at all. This is destiny!~" The idea of destiny seemed so abstract and unexplainable, but this was it wasn't it? A perfect preparedness?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Sophie giggled at his words and held the kids a moment longer before slowly pulling back. "We should start packing." She teased playfully, holding his hand and gently leading him to the bedroom.

Derek stepped back when the larger cat knocked the box over, and his pale purple eyes eyed the toys that fell out as a result. "~I guess..~" Her mewed quietly. Pedro had a point, but he didn't really believe in 'destiny'. The small black cat inspected the toys, not sure of what to think. His feline side was much more playful, but just as reserved as his human side. The form didn't effect his he thought. His ears stood as he sniffed one that had traces of catnip on it and he sneezed a few times.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-03-2019, 11:11 PM

Tai let out a huff of laughter. "Always have to be practical while I'm having a romantic moment," he teased, even though he knew he would get carried away if Sophie didn't say something. He just felt so happy over his plans. "I won't say where I'm taking you, but I think you should pack that purple dress. The one with the cut out in back that I like so much? You know, just in case," he added in a low murmur.

"~Do you not like them?~" Pedro questioned. It would ruin his theory of destiny if they weren't the perfect toys for both him and Derek. Still, Pedro didn't mind not sharing if it came down to that. Picking up a fluffy fish with his mouth, he carried it over to the guest bed and jumped up, batting the toy down immediately. "~See. it's fun!~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 PM

Sophie giggled as she trailed off into her room. She'd remember to pack to purple dress, some nice stuff, sleep clothes, and maybe a swim suit. She hummed quietly as she went into her closest and found her suitcase. Then she began packing for the weekend get away.

---

Derek watched him curiously, tilting his head as Pedro carried the toy up onto the bed then batted it down. He jumped up onto the bed and pawed the stuffed mouse. " ~Fun?~" He mewed. He sniffed the mouse before pawing at it again and knocking it off the bed. He jumped down and started pawing at it more. Unsure of his to really play.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Tai sat back on the couch, content to bask in his success instead of packing, which he would do later. Actually, he should start on dinner. He was feeling pasta, rich and indulgent, to match the mood. "Gonna be in the kitchen when you're done in there!" he called before getting up to set the water to boil.

Pedro wanted to laugh at Derek's idea of playing. "~What? Have you not played before?~" he batted the mouse away from the other cat, his own tail twitching in excitement. "~Whenever things move, I just want to attack them so bad! Like a real hunter!~" he exclaimed before pouncing on the toy.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-11-2019, 05:31 PM

Sophie smiled to herself when she heard Tai. A get-a-way and a dinner. How sweet. She took her time carefully sorting through her clothes and packing them into the suitcase. Then she went through her travel kit for shampoos and other soaps to take on the plane, in little bottles. Everything had to be packed perfectly. She was always big on organization.

She paused when she heard mewing, suddenly thinking of Pedro and Neo. What about them?

---

Derek's ears flattened some at his words, mewing in protest. "~Not really. Not since I was house cat.~" He curiously watched the other cat, pouncing the toy when he saw an opening , the batted the toy toward Pedro with his paw.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-16-2019, 03:29 AM

"Are you almost done in there?" Tai asked after another minute, popping his head back out of the kitchen. "I've got the pasta going, but I can't decide what sort of sauce to make. Do you have any kind of preference?" They had the ingredients for just about anything since they both cooked so often.

Pedro rolled over with the toy, then shot it back toward Derek because it wouldn't be very nice to keep it all to himself after a speech about sharing. Although he did so love not letting go. "~That's lame. Because being a house cat and playing all day is the absolute best~" It may not have worked out for Derek in the past, but it would definitely work out now.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-22-2019, 12:52 PM

Sophie giggled to herself when she heard Tai. "Almost." She called back, finishing up packing she made her way. down the hallway and into the kitchen. "Ooo, how about a white sauce?" She asked curiously.

---

Derek jumped up when the toy came flying back and caught it. Of.course he also tumbled over because of how small he was, but he felt pretty good. After rolling over he seat the toy back to Pedro, his tail beginning to flick back and forth as they played.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-24-2019, 12:13 AM

"That sounds perfect," Tai answered, his smile soft when Sophie walked into the kitchen. "A white sauce sounds perfect. Could you start it while I chop some vegetables? I'm thinking broccoli and mushrooms unless you'd rather the zucchini? There should be some in the drawer as well."

If Pedro could have laughed in his cat form, he would have. Instead, he just purred as loud as his large body could manage. It finally looked like Derek got the handle of this playing thing and it couldn't have made Pedro feel more proud. After another minute of batting the toy around, he flopping over onto his back, tail still swishing happily. "~You're so much fun. I'm glad I met you. I'm really, really so glad~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 09-24-2019, 12:47 AM

Sophie grinned some and nodded. "The Zucchini one." She chirped happily as she fetched the ingredients to start the sauce. She wasn't much in the mood for mushrooms, but she could always eat some zucchini. It was one of her favorite vegetables. Once ready, she started on the sauce like Tai had asked.

---

Derek sat and kicked hi paws when the playing stopped, then went and brushed against the larger cat, purring like a little motor boat. "~Thank you for reminding me how to have fun like that.~" He mewed, still purring.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-26-2019, 05:01 PM

Though they worked mostly in silence to get the dinner ready, Tai hummed bits of a random melody, barely even aware that he did it. By the time the pasta finished cooking and he'd strained it, he'd gone through the melody multiple times. He set the pot down, going over to Sophie and wrapping his arms around her waist. "How is the sauce coming?"

"~Of course~" Pedro answered, rubbing back against the other cat. "~Fun is always the best. Though I think the humans are having more fun than us now. Want to go investigate all that rummaging around that Sophie was doing earlier?~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-03-2019, 09:52 PM

Sophie couldn't help hum along with Tai as they cooked, working on her white sauce. She brushed her hair behind her ears and out of her face as she gracefully moved about the kitchen when needed. Right now she was simply watching her sauce and keeping it stuff while she waited for it heat up. Everything had been blended perfectly and the aroma was floating around the two of them.

---

Derek paused when he mentioned the humans having more fun and made a purring sound before wandering out of the room and into the other room.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-08-2019, 06:31 PM

Since he was done with the pasta, Tai just watched Sophie finish the sauce. It was funny how easily they fit together, working without the need for constant words. It was a sign of how long they had been together and how long Tai wanted them to continue being together. "Are you ready to eat?" he finished asked when it looked like the sauce had reached the perfect consistency. "The sauce looks ready now."

~~

Pedro hopped onto the bed and circled the suitcase there a few times. Well, this was quite strange. "~Look at all these clothes. Do you think Sophie is going somewhere?~" But the humans had sounded so excited. Why would either of them be going anywhere?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-14-2019, 02:19 AM

Sophie smiled and glanced at him. "Are you?" She asked with a tease before getting down a couple of plates and carefully handing him one. She then made herself a plate of their freshly made meal and went to place her plate on the table. She'd come back to the kitchen to get a couple of glasses and set them in the table as well, glancing at Tai as if asking for wine with their dinner.

---

Derek paused at his news and joined him up on the bed, sniffing it. He lifted his head and looked around the room for any signs of a second suitcase, but saw none. Maybe he hadn't packed yet? He wondered. "~Maybe they're going on a date.~" He mewed, looking at Pedro. "~It's something humans do if they really like each other, just to get some time alone together.~" He explained to the other in case he didn't understand what a date was.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-17-2019, 09:16 PM

"I think wine would be good," Tai answered as he got his own plate and one of the bottles from the top of the pantry. It was a nicer wine, one they saved for special occasions, even though nothing special had happened yet. The future would be special and that was enough. "You really make me want to pamper you. That's how much I love you."

~~

"~A date? Tai and Sophie do things like that all the time, but I don't really get it. Isn't a suitcase a weird thing for a date?~" He didn't want the humans to leave for too long. They were just starting to puzzle out a way to follow Sophie to work. "~If they get to go on something fun like a date, what are we supposed to do all day?~" Pedro whined. "~Maybe I want to go on a date too!~"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 10-24-2019, 01:07 AM

Sophie giggled at his sweet words and gingerly kissed his cheek as she went back into the kitchen and carefully got down two wine glasses. "You always pamper me, my sweet romantic." She said sweetly. Sophie gasped quietly as she remembered the cats and delicately set the glasses down before going and getting the cat food, and leaning down to fill the cat bowls. She was so wrapped up in their dinner and get a way plans she forgot to feed them! "Pedro, Neo it's time for dinner!" She called for them.

---

Derek swished his tail lightly. "~This isn't just a date then, it's gotta be more important with how happy she was. I'm sure they won't be gone long.~" He mewed, his ears twitching as he heard Sophie. "~That's our cue, let's go eat. We'll figure something out even if they do leave for a bit.~" He promised, hoping down from the bed and trotting off to the kitchen.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-03-2019, 10:05 PM

Tai chuckled as the cats emerged at the sound of their food. Sophie said she pampered him, but he was only so sweet to match her. It made him only look forward to his own romantic plans more. "Do you think the future will be like this as well? Me and you and the cats always together? I think that's the kind of future that I would like. I can't imagine being as sweet as you say I am if I'm not with you. And I'm not just saying that. I love you even when you're doing something as simple as feeding the cats dinner."

~~

Pedro whined a bit, but he raced after Derek because food really was his cue to move. Although he was sad that the other cat didn't comment on his interest in a date....although, if he thought about it, hadn't he already been on something like that with Derek? "~Is a date like what we did at the aquarium? Does that mean we like each other like Tai and Sophie like each other?~"