Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2020, 11:45 PM

3...soon to be 4 mountain counties in Colorado have adopted "No Visitor" orders.
If you don't live in those counties, you can drive through on the main road but don't stop.
If you live in those counties and you leave, you will be expected to self-quarantine for 14 days upon your return.
More than one of these counties have few grocery stores and no hospital...meaning that residents would have to travel many miles...possibly outside their county...to buy essentials.
(The town of South Park is within this county.)
People are starting to worry that they will not be able to have supplies delivered to their homes because of the No Visitors order.
I live in the Denver Metro area, just outside of Denver County. It would be difficult to enforce a No Visitors order by county here because it is difficult to tell where one county ends and the next begins.
I am fortunate to live about 5 blocks from the nearest grocery store...though I have made great attempts to avoid the need to go there more than once a week, wearing gloves and a face covering.
I also live less than a mile from the nearest hospital.
Every day I wake up so filled with anxiety that I fear that I am having another heart attack
...heart pounding and shaking...that feeling you feel when somebody silently walks up behind you unexpectedly and scares you...times about 10!
A part of me worries that this pandemic will never end...that life will never return to "normal."
I miss seeing my granddaughter! She used to come for sleepovers at least once a month or more. I haven't seen her in over a month and probably won't see her for another month!
The hope of getting to see her again is what keeps me going every day...that and the fact that my disabled daughter needs me to care for her.
Please...everybody!...do your part by staying home, staying socially distracted, cover your face if you need to go out, wash your hands often...so less people will get sick!
And hope for a vaccine to be developed very soon!

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-15-2020, 12:39 AM

You can estimate at least a year to 18 months, unfortunately. I'm continuing to call my daughter every day, and for the next few weeks I'm getting my craft on.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-15-2020, 07:34 PM

Freaking out isn't doing anyone any good. But lemme tell ya, there's still so many people out and about and it's a bit ridiculous. I'm an essential worker and am exposed to this virus on a daily basis.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2020, 01:00 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that, Velvet. I wish you good health.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-17-2020, 10:40 AM

If only "freaking out" were a choice I could choose not to do...I would feel much better!

I go out at 8pm and howl to show support for all the nurses, doctors, first responders and essential worker who are risking their health to keep us going.
Does anybody here do that, too?

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2020, 03:28 PM

That is the most amazing thing I've ever heard. I've thought of putting heart and bears on my windows, but I face another building and beyond that a cemetery, so unless people steer through my parking lot no one will really see them. This does remind me that I have to wash my windows today...

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 04-24-2020, 01:08 AM

I freaked out when everything first started and got a bunch of stuff, but now I've calmed down a lot and don't have to worry about a lot of things. I don't get sick that often, maybe once every eight years or so, but I do have allergies that last 11 months out of the year [and it doesn't help that I live in a warm climate where it may dip below 45 degrees in January for one or two nights] so I often get the Evil Look if I so much as sneeze. I'm not sick, I've got allergies to pollen, grass, every damn tree and flower for a thousand miles, dust, and any other seasonal and non-seasonal allergy.

Truthfully, I'll be glad when everything returns as close to normal as possible. I stay home when I'm not at work and really don't go out besides going to work. I have enough supplies, both food and other stuff, to last me for a few more weeks.

Namune
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2020, 02:22 PM

Same. I bought everything I'd need early in the game, in reasonable amounts. I'm a bit sad that I've run out of milk, but I can order some if I have a mind to.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-02-2020, 07:10 PM

2020 has been such a tough year...

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 06-05-2020, 03:01 AM

I agree with you hummy. An eventful year indeed.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 06-14-2020, 06:15 AM

Thirded. This year has been kind of butt.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Guys...I live in Florida. NO one is socially distancing or staying home or wearing masks where I live and it's so aggravating. I've been at home since March and I just wish people would take it seriously down here. I'm so scared to go back to work (I'm a teacher) and our Governor just mandated schools reopen 5 days a week...when we are literally breaking COVID record numbers down here. Scary times we live in.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 07-15-2020, 09:22 PM

I have people phobia!

oh gosh, Maria.
boost your immune system!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-21-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

I have people phobia!

oh gosh, Maria.
boost your immune system!
I ALWAYS get sick during the school year - it's inevitable! I have constant sinus infections and ONLY when I'm teaching - never sick over school breaks. So I'm really worried.

My school district voted to go back to school, without a mask mandate, without mandatory temp checks. Their reasoning is, "well kids don't get sick that bad" but who cares about the faculty and staff. And besides that, more and more children are getting sick.

This isn't going to be a normal school year for sure. Parents are wanting a normal school day for their child but...there will be no hugs, no high fives, no collaborative work, no circle dances, no music games, no sharing instruments, no playground equipment, etc. It's not going to be "normal" in the slightest.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 07-21-2020, 11:02 PM

Maria, that's absolutely terrifying. I'll be sending good vibes your way, fingers crossed that you don't catch the virus.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-22-2020, 06:23 AM

Maria-Minamino: Your school district is out of their minds, not, at least, requiring face masks...and they should be held accountable for any possible outbreaks that occur.
I have witnessed that wearing the face masks and practicing social distancing has prevented the spread of the common cold. My granddaughter would normally have had 2 or 3 colds during the summer, but she hasn't had a cold since March, when her school switched to remote learning.
I certainly hope your school district changes it's mind on personal safety...some teachers are older people who are at higher risk! Scary!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-15-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I ALWAYS get sick during the school year - it's inevitable! I have constant sinus infections and ONLY when I'm teaching - never sick over school breaks. So I'm really worried.

My school district voted to go back to school, without a mask mandate, without mandatory temp checks. Their reasoning is, "well kids don't get sick that bad" but who cares about the faculty and staff. And besides that, more and more children are getting sick.

This isn't going to be a normal school year for sure. Parents are wanting a normal school day for their child but...there will be no hugs, no high fives, no collaborative work, no circle dances, no music games, no sharing instruments, no playground equipment, etc. It's not going to be "normal" in the slightest.

I know you do. I am so worried for you ♡
keeping you in my prayers