Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Last night I had a dream I was talking with my former best friend (in reality we're not friends at all anymore) and in the dream she pretty much looked the way she did when we were still best friends.

Come to think of it, I've dreamt about her a number of times, and pretty much every time we're friends like we were in the past. And it has been about 9 years since we stopped being friends.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 11-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ling View Post
Last night I had a dream I was talking with my former best friend (in reality we're not friends at all anymore) and in the dream she pretty much looked the way she did when we were still best friends.

Come to think of it, I've dreamt about her a number of times, and pretty much every time we're friends like we were in the past. And it has been about 9 years since we stopped being friends.
*lurker post, debating dreams to share*

I have the same dream almost exactly. D:!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 AM

How bizarre is that!!~

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 AM

Very. @__@; I mean, near-identical details, haha.

only for me it's only 7 years. But we even attend the same school and look the same as then. XD Sometimes we even apologize for our fight like it only happened yesterday.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-03-2008, 11:25 AM

Hehe, in my situation we were childhood friends, met at primary school and were friends even through the first 1 or so years of high school, then things became more distant, and I think we both changed. The dreams though...are always like we were just friends and nothing had ever happened.

Librus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 PM

@IceKrystal:
Perhaps you feel as though the choices you make with or for your friends might possibly harm them (or have harmed them in the past). Wars often represent (obviously) conflict within yourself. Perhaps you are facing a path and trying to decide which road to choose. The "five minutes" shows that you don't have long to decide and your subconscious is warning you that if you make the wrong decision or you don't make it right, you could possibly harm those you love. The fact that your nose fell off and you were "forced to breathe through it" could also represent a change you were forced into that may influence the outcome of whatever decision you had to make. The fact that your friend came back might just be your mind emphasizing that no matter what decision you make, you know she'll always be with you.

@Swordtear: haha. Thanks! xD I'm glad to know that people besides myself find it interesting. xD LOL
I was explaining it to my boyfriend once and he fell asleep mid explanation!! xD

@Smellerbee:
I probably could. ^^ Go ahead and PM it to me if you don't feel comfortable posting it.

@Bishielurfer: While that's not considered "traumatic" generally, it still is very traumatic for a child to have parents fighting--let alone over who gets to raise them. As for your dreams with carse, those could also represent a feeling that your friends are rather careless in their choices and you wind up taking the blame for their choices. Or I could be wrong. If I had more dtails, I could probably go into a more accurate interpretation. ^^

@Ling: Perhaps you didn't get a proper closure to the friendship so your subconscious is still sorting through the fact that you're not as close as you used to be. While your conscious is well aware of it, the subconscious may still be working on accepting the idea.

@Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda and Ling:
Sometimes dreams can be similar or almost identical based on how your subconscious and conscious minds communicate. You clearly dealt with a similar situation and so your subconscious didn't get the proper closure it needed to deal with the change from "close friend" to "not really firends or enemies" status.

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 PM

I sent you a message P:

Librus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM

Awesome! ^^ Thanks! I wonder why it's not showing...o.0

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Is it still not showing? I can post it here if it doesn't show up. I don't mind.

Librus
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 PM

Oh, I got it now! ^^ I think it's just because I was in the halloween section. ^^
Anyhow, I'll have to get to that later. I'm sorry! But I have about an hour to do my spanish homework now. LOL

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-03-2008, 07:45 PM

That's okay thanks! :insane:

IceKyrstal
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 PM

Yeah, my friend is always there... we've been best friends ever since I can remember. o_<
I also had another weird dream where I escaped from a hospital, but I think that's just one of those fun nonsense dreams. >.<
-edit- Oh well. I'll say it just for fun anyways. =)

My dream: I was in a hospital, when my friend (yes, the same one) suddenly popped up outside the window and said, 'Let's get out of here!" So we jumped out the window, and started running away. It was nighttime, and it was slightly chilly. Suddenly, an old knitting lady ran up to us and joined our group. We ran with her without comment. Then, I fell into a garage. (xD... don't ask me how that happened.) The old lady yelled, "I'll go and grab a rope so you can crawl out!" But she never came back, so I climbed out myself.
Then we went to a German dancing party and ate cheese all night.

Last edited by IceKyrstal; 11-03-2008 at 10:27 PM..

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 AM

Lib: D: I have no idea. My dreams are weird...in a very annoying way. I wish just for once I dreamt about something else.

I had another dream with a car...my friend Andrea and I (we're best friends--absolute closest we can get) managed to escape from some monster, and as a reward, we got tickets to a Seahawks game (I have no idea why. I hate watching sports). So we were getting in the car, but we were running really late. My dad was driving, and she and I were sitting in the back seat...and I was getting mad at her because she wouldn't scoot over and make room for me. She was just grinning up at me, teasing.