Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-03-2010, 07:04 AM

A Game of Chance
A Private Roleplay

In a game of chance, there's always a winner, is there not?

But what if you couldn't determine a winner based on how many times you had outwitted the opponent? Or by some unwritten score?

What if the only way to win, was to chase your opponent across the country, the only clues given being notes left in the worst of places.

What if you opponent, was a vampire?

In this game of chance, Amelia VanHaggart is chasing Eli Latten across the world, tracking him in an effort to destroy him from the Earth forever. Little did Amelia know, while she was taking her mission seriously, Eli was simply having a good time.

Will these two ever meet?
Will Amelia ever find her way to Eli and kill him for being the monster he is?
Will Eli take Amelia as his companion and make her forever one of the living-dead?

Find out in A Game of Chance!

The Huntress
Click on thumbnail for full view
Name: Amelia VanHaggart
Description: Dresses in dark gowns, light blonde hair, sapphire blue eyes. Her hair reaches to the small of her back but is generally worn in either pigtails, ponytails, or intricate buns/braids of some sort.
Weapons: An arm-strapped crossbow that fires stakes and a sword.

The Hunted
Click on thumbnail for full view
Quote:
Name: Eli Latten
Bio: Eli was born in the middle of the 17th century into a group of Puritans. Turned when he was 23, Eli was shunned from his family without chase as none of them could bare to kill their only son. His new bloodlust sent him throughout Europe causing havoc with a female partner, Kyra, who he met on a journey through Russia. The two were inseperable until Kyra's jealousy of Eli's power and reputation attempted taking his life, losing the battle quickly after she had started. Eli has since lived with a lower profile, not wanting to attract the attention of power hungry vampires when he could simply enjoy his eternal life.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-11-2010 at 11:19 PM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 PM

Amelia VanHaggart rested back against a tree as she tried to catch her breath. Tonight would be the ending of her first mission in trying to kill the vile creatures of the night that were harassing her townsfolk. All but one Vampire had been vanquished by her family. It was her turn to make her entrance into the field and prove herself worthy of the family name VanHaggart.

Now that Amelia was nineteen, it was her turn to prove herself worthy and take on this lone vampire to win her place in the line of Hunters. If she failed, she would be erased from history and shunned from everyone who knew her or knew of Amelia VanHaggart.

However, Amelia had trained for this for years! Should be a piece of cake, right? But Amelia's thoughts were full of doubt: She feared that she would freeze, the vampire would be so hypnotic and seductive that she would completely lose herself and forget her mission. But above all else, she feared being bit or becoming one of them.

Shaking her thoughts aside, Amelia remembered the encouraging words of her father, secured the sword upon her back and the bow upon her arm, and set off upon her path; running as fast as she could to try and reach the Vampire's new lair before the sun went down.

Amelia had traveled across her country and had made her way into another in search of the damned creature of the night. She did not know where she was, she only knew that she was on the right trail for this is where the clues had all lead.

Entering the Mansion referenced in the rhyme, Amelia looked around wearily as the sun began to set, her eyes focused and alert as she strained her hearing for the faintest of movements. Once inside, she was even more on edge.

Although the heels of her boots echoed around her in the halls, Amelia walked through foyer as quietly as she could; her eyes darting around every corner, her body jumping at the slightest creak the old house made as she walked.

Walking up the stairs, assuming the vampire would be asleep due to the sun having a few minutes left before setting, Amelia calmed her nerves and hardened herself for the moment at hand. The moment would soon come when she must slay this demon: Her future depended upon it.

With every door she came to, Amelia opened it with her crossbow aimed and ready to fire in case the vampire was awaiting her. Would the vampire have sensed her presence? Heard her movements? Smelled her blood? Amelia could only hope the creature had weakened senses, for she was not ready to battle just yet; her fears were too escalated and her nerves were not calm enough to think clearly.

But why was she feeling like this? She had been training for this moment for her entire life; watching her brothers and fathers do it before her. Why was she acting like a villager? Hardening her features and raising her head erect, Amelia walked with confidence and tried her best to maintain that confidence as she wandered the halls in pursuit of her prey.

This would be the night. There would be no more clues, no more chasing, no more running.

Right?

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-11-2010, 11:52 PM

Eli smiled smugly as he sat in a remote bar miles away from his village, sipping a dingy glass filled with ice and brandy which did nothign to his thirst but lightened his spirits slightly. The bar was dark and hidden in shadows, perfect until he could move again at night in his game with the huntress child.

He had been able to smell the Hunter girl from miles away, the smell of a hunter more sweet and lovely then any other blood he had ever smelled. He'd killed a few hunters in his centuries and was comforted by the fear he had sensed in her. He found it amusing that she had thought that their fight was closing in when in fact it was just beginning. Eli had lived nearly 5 centuries, did the girl really expect to catch him so easily?

Eli thought of the note that was left in a beautiful cursive writing on top of his lavish bed...

My Pet Amelia,
Aw, my darling, it has been so long since I've have had the oppurtunity to play a game. You're a beautiful girl and it would a shame, rather a waste, to kill you so soon. You see, I have much bigger plans for us. If you truly wish to find me and honor you family we shall play a simple game. I want to play a game of cat and mouse. And what is a game without rules, my darling Amelia? So here they are: I shall be leaving you clues of where I am and you shall simply follow. I believe you can manage that. If you find some luck in our travels you will catch me and only then shall we fight my love. Without further ado here is your first clue: Make yourself at home and lie in my bed. Eat in my home and do as you please but when night falls again you shall follow my trail to the forest due north. Chase me to the meadow and only there will you receive another hint.

I look forward to playing with you my pet,
Eli

Eli felt excitement stirring in his stomach as he looked out one of the barely lit windows which revealed the final minutes of daylight. He did not expect the Huntress to wait a night despite the lacy, black nightgown he had left for her and the groceries he had bought for his kitchen so it was best to be prepared. Finishing his drink, Eli left his money on the table and strolled out into the night to the village where he searched for a quick snack before going to the meadow to leave his next clue for Amelia.

The meadow was a half a day by human travel but his vampire speed would give Eli extra time to continue on his game, allowing his leisurely stroll in the village. He wondered where he should lead her next...He wanted to let his pet see the world so perhaps he would take her to Italy or Paris, some of his favorite places. Thinking of this allowed his anticipation to grow though his thoughts were cut short when he smelled a man a few alleys over whose blood was rich from a supper feast.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 AM

As Amelia traveled through the house, she came across a large, black and burgundy themed bedroom - very ornate and antique in decor. Upon the bed was something sealed in an enveloped. Noticing the seal right away, Amelia frowned as she dropped her gun onto the bed, knowing only one thing it could mean - another clue.

Picking up the letter, Amelia frowned even more, "Damn it.. He said he would be here waiting.. Ready to die honorably.. The lying scoundrel.."

Noticing the dark colored box, wrapped elegantly, Amelia's curiosity enticed her to peek inside. As the top of the box fell from her hands, Amelia's face grew hot with embarrassment.

Did he truly expect her to wear that to bed? In his bed?! Was he truly that twisted?!

Amelia's temper grew as she snatched the note, tossed the nightgown into the fire behind her, grabbed her gun, and darted back through the house.

This was not over. She would beat him to the meadow - catch him before he left. She wouldn't let him escape so easily.

Picking up her speed, Amelia raced on foot down the mansion's path onto the dirt road. Checking the note, Amelia nodded to herself.

'North. The Farthist Wood. Wonder why he wishes to go there?' Amelia thought to herself as she set her course for North and began her run.

She never took a horse, for she was just as fast on foot if she had nothing but the clothing upon her back. The horses only slowed her down - causing her to waste more food and time having to groom them, feed them, saddle them, etc. It was simpler for her to make her way to the destinations on foot.

How else was she to prove that it was she and she alone who could master the great art of killing the undead?
The VanHaggart family would expect nothing less.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 AM

Eli licked the remaing blood off his lips as he left the alley, the human man lying dead on the ground behind him. It was time to focus on the task at hand, leaving his second clue. Eli ran to a the meadow at a speed that only the undead could achieve with a his notebook and pen in the bag that was slung over his shoulder. It turns out the human was a writer. How convienent.

Eli reached the meadow in a matter of minutes and took out the notebook in pen, carefully writing in a beautiful cursive...

My Pet Amelia,
I had assumed that you would not wait a night for me. My kitchen was well stocked, love. Did you take some food? We have a long journey ahead of us yet for I refuse to be so quickly found. But we've only just begun. Sleep here tonight for it would be a waste of both of our time if you shall fall ill from running so much. Rest well pet for we continue on to France now, I wish for you to see the sights. Its been so long since I've visited the country. Nearly two hundred years and now we shall experience it together, are you enthralled by the idea of traveling together as I am? I truly hope you are.
Enclosed is a ticket for the ferry, already paid. Rest well, love, we have a long day ahead of us. Or rather a long night in my case. How I wish we were able to go together. Would you like that? Follow me to France and we shall meet again in a small cafe where I shall have a tab open for you with 200 francs already in it. Eat well as behind the alley will be your next clue and you must be well prepared.

Until the future my lovely,
Eli

Eli slipped the note into the hole of a nearby tree and unwrapped the string of red beads from around his neck. Tying it to the branch with a soft kiss on one of its beads, Eli left it in the wind before taking off to catch the next ferry out of England. The game had started, he could feel it deep in his bones and his plan both sent excitement and fear into his bones as he ran to the ferry boat.

The ferry was a bumpy ride and Eli never took his eyes the mainland of England, wishing he could see Amelia's determination as she raced to find him. The clue behind the cafe would be a difficult task and if she passed she would be highly rewarded. He had no plans of missing the actions, wanting to be sure his pet would pass her test but he was putting the cart before the horse. He must find a suitable player for the girl...

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 AM

It was half past three in the morning by the time Amelia reached the meadow - breathless, weary, and exhausted.

Stumbling into the meadow, her legs heavy, Amelia frowned as she looked around at the empty clearing - the vampire nowhere to be found.

Sighing, Amelia stomped her foot as she chided herself furiously, 'Late again!'

Groaning, Amelia noticed a glint of red in the tree at the center of the meadow. Racing to it, Amelia took he beads from the tree, wondering why there were there - wondering if they were left behind by someone.

The vampire? No.. It couldn't have been..
But.. He did leave her that nightgown..
Perhaps..

Shaking the thought from her head, Amelia pocketed the beads and looked around for a clue. Searching the tree, Amelia sank to the ground, disheartened at finding nothing.

Perhaps it was too dark to see it?

Amelia rested her head back against the trunk of the tree, her eyes feeling droopy as her stomach growled and her body nearly going numb from running so much. Keeping her weapons within reach, Amelia took a the last bit of food from her satchel - a slice of bread and an apple - and began to eat it hungrily before drifting off to sleep, hoping the vampire would not get too far ahead of her while she slept.

By the next morning, Amelia was well rested. Stretching, Amelia stood from the trunk, rubbing her sore neck that had gotten a small kink in it from the way she had slept. As she stood, Amelia turned and faced the trunk so that she could put on her weaponry once more.

However, invisible at night, there was a hole in the trunk when she turned around just large enough to fit a fist in - or in Amelia's case, two fists.

Eying it curiously, Amelia reached inside and took out a thick piece of parchment. Realizing the seal, Amelia kicked the trunk with her boot as she nearly screamed at herself for being so stupid.

Reading the letter, Amelia groaned as she shoved it into her satchel with the other letters and quickly reapplied her weaponry.

Taking off in the direction of the sea, Amelia ran as fast as she could to the Ferry, reaching the station by noon. Handing the man the ticket breathlessly, Amelia managed to just make the first afternoon ferry to France.

Taking out the letter once more, Amelia reread it - trying to find the clue of which cafe to find. She had never been to France, so figuring out the cafe would be a challenge in itself.

It was a good thing she knew French! It seemed her best bet would be to simply go to every cafe in every town until she found the one who knew her name.

Sighing, Amelia rested against the bars of the ferry, watching the waves crash together as the sun grew high in the sky.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2010, 03:04 AM

Eli grinned as he rested in his hotel room with the blinds drawn. He had gone to the nearest cafe the night before to create a tab under Amelia's name with 200 francs already in it. Eli, being a vampire, couldn't sleep but rather rested in a half-awake state as his mind raced forward with thoughts of Amelia. The other vampire in his room, a newly sired vampire named Pierre, struted back in forth in the room. "Calm yourself." Eli demanded, making the new vampire sit on the bed.

The frenchman was dressed like a peasant, his clothes tattered a bit but his face was clean shaven and his chest was hard with muscles. He was the perfect challenge for Amelia, if she was worthy of finding Eli she would have to kill Pierre. Not that Pierre knew that he was marching to his execution that night. "There's a blond woman who will find you behind the alley tonight." Eli informed the man. "She knows who you are and she knows how to kill you. She's strong and you'll have to be careful." He urged, wanting Amelia to win yet wanting to make the fight fair as well.

"I can take her." The man said in fluent french.

"Of course you can." Eli assured him, not letting any sarcasm fall into his voice though he rolled his eyes when the man looked anxiously at the window.

~~~

The owner at the Croire Cafe gave a puzzling look out the window as he awaited the arrival of a blond girl by the name of Amelia VanHaggart. The man the night before had been strange to say the least and looked a bit tired from his travels but the owner was 200 francs richer with the hopes of a pretty girl coming into his cafe. Who was he to complain?

His instructions were basic and the man had made him repeat them several times before he seemed satisfied enough to leave. The girl was to wait until nightfall and go to the alley behind the cafe at exactly 8 o' clock for some kind of fight. It didn't sound safe but the business in that alley was shady anyways, certainly nothing the man wanted to get involved in.

"Puis-je avoir une petite pinte?" One of the customers from the bar asked, snapping the owner out of his daze and making him go to the alcohol counter. Outside the first afternoon ferry began to dock.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 AM

The wind blowing the dark ribbons and strands of blond hair around Amelia as she quickly exited the ferry, Amelia disregarded the strange looks at her attire and her weaponry and simply began inquiring as to the nearest cafe in french.

"Merci," Amelia said as she kissed the cheeks of a french woman before rushing off towards Croire Cafe.

Part of Amelia wondered why he would take the liberty of paying for her journey, but keeping her nourished as well.
'What was his ultimate goal?'
Amelia had not one clue.

Running as fast as she could, well rested from the trip over and the sleep she managed to have the previous evening, Amelia reached the cafe in less than an hour. Opening he door as she straightened out her outfit, Amelia immediately went to the apparent owner and inquired in fluent french, "Monsieur, do you have a tab for an Amelia VanHaggart open with you? It would have been opened fairly recently," Amelia explained without emotion, "Is there one present in your records for 200 francs?"

Amelia doubted this would be the cafe, but she could hope right?
The bread and pastries smelled delicious, as did the coffee. Amelia would have loved to sample the food, but she had brought no money with her, only the bare necessities.

'Shame.. I should have prepared for a chase like this..' Amelia thought bitterly to herself as she waited for the answer she knew was to come. 'But remember,' Amelia reminded herself, 'This is the first time this has happened in the history of your family. Think of the honor that will be bestowed upon your name and family for killing the vampire who caused such a ruckous!'

This inflamed a new hope and desire within Amelia, causing her doubts and worries to vanish as if they had never been present in her mind, nor her heart, in the first place.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 AM

The owner looked curiously at the blond woman, a bit conerned for her when he remembered there was to be a fight invovling her. She looked so young and innocent. "Wee." The owner said as he nodded, handing her a menu. He had been instructed to wait until after her meal to give her the news of the alley fight. The man had seemed concerned for her which was odd considering that the owner had only assumed that the fight would be between them. "After you eat I am to give you another 'clue', yes?" The owner asked the girl as he gestured her to sit at the best table in his cafe, an extra request form the man the night before. The owner bowed his head before going back to his place at the bar, giving the woman time to choose her meal.

~~~

Eli smiled as he pulled out the notebook and pen again as Pierre began to pace the room. Eli was glad that nightfall was but hours away, wanting to get rid of the overconfident frenchman soon. It was a saddening fact that the frenchman would be a small task for Amelia if she was at all the huntress she wished to be.

Ignoring such irritations, Eli began his next note to Amelia...

My Pet Amelia,
Since you are reading this I offer you my congratulations. You are a worthy huntress after all. It would've been a shame to start this game without any real threeat following after me. I have such strong faith in you my darling. I'm sorry that I could not stay to watch your fight however there was a man paid to watch for the outcome and should you have won he will signal so that I may move on in our game. Don't bother chasing him my sweet Amelia. By the time you have opened this envelope he is already long gone as am I.
Now onto our travels together, oh the thrill of this game is sending back some feeling into my old bones. I want you to see the sights most precious to me. Therefore you shall find your next clue at the top of Paris's most famous landmark. I'll give you a hint, my dear, it is large, has a point, and is steel. I'm sure you know that I'm talking about the Eiffel Tower. You were always so smart. I look forward to our meeting as you come closer with every victory, every clue. Oh, my sweet Amelia how I miss the sight of you.

Until we meet again my love,
Eli

Eli finished the note and sealed it in an evelope, marked with her name delicately written across the front. "Take off your shirt." Eli instructed Pierre as he finished sealing the envelope and put away his supplies.

"Excuse moi?" The frenchman asked, his eyes wide as saucers.

"Oh for heaven's sake." Eli said as he rolled his eyes, wanting to be rid of this man already. "The clue is going to be on you." He said as he shook the envelope. Pierre still looked skeptical but he removed his shirt as instructed so that Eli could tape the envelope to his chest, directly over his heart.

"If she stakes me won't it ruin the clue?" Pierre asked, confused at this game Eli was playing as he inspected the note on his chest.

"Of course." Eli said. "Which is why she will have to take it off before attempting to take your life." Eli said, a bit of boredom in his voice. Didn't this man know anything? "And that shall be half the fun." He said as he finished putting away his supplies and waited for night fall.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 AM

Amelia sighed as she read over the menu in french, trying to find the best meals to order so that she could bring the left overs with her for her journey. Deciding upon two breadbaskets, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a plate of escargot, and a small plate of putin, with a tall glass of water, Amelia waved over the waiter and repeated her order in french.

Ignoring the curious looks, Amelia handed him the menu and relaxed in the chair as best she could, refusing to take the weaponry off as she stared at the owner behind the bar from the table she sat at.

When the food arrived, she hesitantly tried the escargot, nearly throwing up the minute it touched her tongue. Quickly handing it back to the waiter before he left, explaining her dislike of the dish, Amelia scarfed down the putin, forgetting about her general dainty manner for it had been awhile since she had had some real food in her belly.

Finishing the putin, Amelia began nibbling on a croissant as she awaited the coming night fall.

'Only a few short hours and I shall have your clue, vampire. Then I will find you,' Amelia thought bitterly as she slowly ate the piece of bread, becoming more and more accustomed to the soft-textures and buttery-flavor with each bite. She was rather liking the french cuisine - she would have to come back one day and truly enjoy it in the future.

When night had descended upon the small city, Amelia ordered more of the non-perishable dishes, completely using up the tab, before approaching the owner expectantly.

"Well? The sun has just set. May I please have the letter the.. gentleman," Amelia forced herself to say with a great effort, "left for me?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 AM

The owner looked at the girl in confusion, having no letter been given to him. "No, madam." He said politely. "I was not to give you a letter. He only told me that you are to meet someone behind the alley at eight o' clock to get this 'clue'." The man offered. "It sounded dangerous to me, as if there is a fight to happen. Perhaps you would be better leaving France." He said, giving the girl a last piece of advice before trotting off, noticing out of the corner of his eye that it was already 7:30.

~~~

Pierre smiled happily as he enter the alley, the letter taped over his still heart though he still felt the sensation of adrenaline pumping through him. Sure it was his first day as a vampire but how difficult could it be? All he had to do was bite after all. And of course drain the girl but that would come naturally after he bit into her neck. Crouching against a nearby corner as he had seen many fights before he knew that he would be safer without someone sneaking behind his back. The girl should be there any moment and he crouched low, his arms posed in ready, the white skin stretching over is iron hard muscles. This was going to be fun.

~~~

Eli couldn't help but feel the least bit worried that his dear pet Amelia wouldn't survive the fight as he sat from a balcony window overlooking the small town. He wasn't sure if she had ever fought a vampire before and while the frenchman should be a very easy task he was concerned for her. After all he had gone through all this trouble to create this game. The least she could do was survive. But it was only a matter of minutes before he would know, perhaps an hour. The man was watching from a safe distance and all he had to do was throw a red sheet that Eli had given him out of the window so that he would know Amelia was victorious. A blue one if she was not.

Eli knew he should have more confidence in his beautiful pet but he was just beginning to enjoy his game and that thought that it would be over so soon was a depressing. "Come on, my love." He urged as he sipped a bit of french coffee, the taste sweet in his mouth. "I know you can defeat the foolish frenchman." He said softly to a woman who could not hear him.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 AM

Amelia groaned as she unsheathed her sword and went around out back.

This couldn't possibly be good. If there was another clue, then that must mean she was not meeting the vampire she was after, but someone else. Someone she must kill to get the clue. Amelia prayed it was not a human.

Sniffing the air, Amelia could smell the scent of death. Listening closely, she could hear the rustling of fabric not her own deep in the alley as the warm, french air blew in a light breeze around her.

On her guard, sword pointed before her, Amelia's eyes searched the dark alley - looking for the slightest irregularity.

As she neared the end of the passage-way, Amelia noticed something in the corner.

"Come out, creature. I know you are there and I know what you are. I do not fear you and you will pay for your crimes. I am Amelia VanHaggart, Vampire Huntress." Amelia announced to the crouching figure, her small frame posed as if ready to run him through with her sword while her stake-shooter was strapped to her opposite hand, trigger finger ready.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM

Pierre smiled a sly grin as he stepped forward to see the young girl who looked barely competent to fight him. "Aw, young girl. If you stake me then how will you get this clue?" He asked as he lightly tapped the envelope on his chest. Not giving her time to respond, Pierre launched himself at the Vampire Huntress with his fangs bared and his arms outstretched.

~~~

Eli fidgeted nervously as he waited for the fight to be over. Was his pet going to win? This fight was making him more anxious then it should've and he wished he could've stay but he would need to stay several steps ahead of Amelia in order to remain chased. He wanted to see his pet fight, he assumed she must look beautiful with an arched battle pose and her blond hair waving in the wind. How fun this game was already, to be chased by such a beautiful woman. It had been too long since that had happened.

~~~

An old man in an apartment building not far over watched from his window at the figh tin the alley. The girl was beautiful and he was terrified that she would lose. He wished to help her but his body was old and mortal, he would only interfere with such a fight. Plus he was being paid well to stay out of the fight and he prayed that he would be able to hang a red sheet over his windowsill.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Amelia scowled as she jumped out of the way and onto the nearby trashcan gracefully. Turning on one foot like a ballerina would dance, Amelia faced the vampire and lunged at him with her sword, aiming to gash his neck and shoulder.

This was Amelia's first true fight like this - completely unaware of what to expect. But the rush of adrenaline was more than enough to drive her towards the clue and forget her fears momentarily.

As she lunged, time seemed to race around her as she aimed at the creature - a feeling she was loving every second of. To be able to call herself a true Huntress by making her first kill would be a true accomplishment indeed. And the prize of such an accomplishment? A clue to her true prey.

This one thought drove her through the fight, studying him as she lunged to try and find a way to remove the clue as she staked him with the stake she carried in her boot.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 AM

Pierre dodged Amelia's lunges a bit awkwardly from only being a vampire for a few hours. "Venez ma belle fille. L'homme vous a appelé son animal de compagnie. Est-il votre maître ? Combat pour trouver votre maître." He teased the huntress as he bowed away from her. His thirst began to cause an ache in the back of his throat, making his concentration more focused. He could smell the sweet blood of the huntress and his eyes became slightly crazed by bloodlust. Pierre lunged again at the girl, less focused then before as he attempted to drive his fangs into the young girl's neck.

~~~

Eli cursed under his breath as he waited for the results of the fight. He should've been there to see Amelia fight. The anxiety was beginning to drive him insane. Impatiently pacing his balcony, Eli glared intently at the window of the old man. There was no way Amelia could've killed the man so he couldn't reveal the outcome and Eli's game was just beginning. He refused to let it be over just yet. "Fight my pet. Fight and win." He hissed under his breath to the huntress girl he desired.

~~~

The old man clawed his fingernails into the wooden frame of his window as he watched the climax of the fight. The vampire was losing control and as it was impossible for Amelia to see him, the man had to focus to keep himself silent. He wanted her to win but he was suddenly unsure of her abilities as the vampire's bloodlust started to take effect.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-13-2010, 03:00 AM

Seeing what he was after, Amelia took the opportunity to stand still until he came close to her neck. However, before he could touch her neck, Amelia ducked and thrusted her sword into his ribs, taking the opportunity to take the clue before she darted away from him; quickly turning away from him as she kept eye-contact.

Scowling as she glared at the creature before her, Amelia spat back in fluent french, "Son animal de compagnie ?! Vous ne pouviez pas plus vous tromper, Monsieur. Je ne suis rien à cette chose abominable beaucoup de sa meurtrière. C'est une honte que vous ne serez jamais capables de lui dire combien je le méprise et ses jeux d'enfant!"

"Come and get my blood if you dare, vampire, but you'd best be quick," Amelia encouraged, almost mockingly, in English as she smirked at the vampire before her.

Aiming the weapon upon her wrist at the vampire, Amelia pulled the trigger as a stake shot straight towards the vampire's "heart".

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-13-2010 at 03:16 AM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-13-2010, 03:34 AM

Pierre's eyes widened as he stared at the stake, to surprised to stop it as it soared into his chest and his body turned to as on the alley street.

~~~

The old man smiled gleefully as he threw the red sheet out of his window as the vampire crumbled into dust. Feeling a new sense of happiness take over at the girl's defeat, the man blissfully counted his gold coins and set off to bed.

~~~

Eli felt himself sag in relief as the red sheet flew out the window of the old man's home and his relief was immediately replaced with over excitement for his lovely girl. "My pet." He cooed before dropping his drink on the metal patio table of the balcony. His excitement for her was cut short as he eagerly raced from the small balcony and on to Paris.

The night was colder then usual, not that temperature could bother someone as eternal as Eli, however the streets were scarce of human meals. Eli simply wanted a snack in Amelia's honor though the idea of him drinking would probably disgust her. Shrugging his shoulders at the thought, Eli searched until he found a young homeless man wandering around and speaking crazed nothings to the wind. A simple prey but a satisfying snack Eli decided as he approached the man.

Eli didn't bother with his usual games as he drank from the man, the blood rushing over his tongue and soothing the dull burn in the back of his throat. His wit was for his darling Amelia alone and Eli's thoughts were consumed of her as he dropped the man's body to the ground and continued on his flight to Paris. He could not wait to write his lovely another note, wondering where they should travel next, as knowing that Amelia would be reading his notes was enough to send thrills through his spine. After the first test, Eli could only hope to find more difficult challenges for his pet.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 AM

Amelia groaned in disgust as she read the clue left for her. Heading back into the cafe, Amelia shoved the letter back into her bag and made sure all of the food was inside her satchel before heading to the owner and inquiring as to the quickest way to Paris. Finding that it would be faster to travel the distance in carriage, Amelia groaned as she went off to find a man who would let her pay in some other way than money.

Finding a carriage owner, Amelia inquired in French, "Will you take anything other than money as payment for a one-way ride to Paris?"

"Mmm, what did you have in mind my beauty?" the man inquired with a wolfish grin as he looked over Amelia with a pleased expression, "For I think your body for one night would be payment enough."

Looking up at the man with a smirk, "I think not, Monsieur, but what about this dagger?"

Amelina inquired as she took it from the opposite boot that contained the stake and held it out to him to look at, but not letting go.

His eyes taking in the silver hilt and sapphire decor, the man nodded, "Yes. That will do nicely. Hop in," he added as he reached out as if to grab the dagger.

Amelia, quickly pulling away, shook her head as she spoke, "Not until we've reached Paris. No stopping until we get there. Understood?"

Giving her a strange look, the man couldn't help but nod as he helped her into the carriage, "Very well, Madame, if that is your wish."

When the carriage had begun it's journey, Amelia rested her head upon the inside of the carriage and sighed, looking up at the moon and wondering why the vampire was playing this game with her and wondering why he kept writing such things as "my pet" and "my most precious one". It was unnerving, to say the least, and it gave her the chills just thinking about his possible plans for her.

Allowing herself this time to rest, Amelia did not force her eyes open as they began to droop from the lulling of the carriage, falling asleep in the matter of moments.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 AM

Eli smiled blissfully as he neared the outskirts of Paris, traveling had become so much easier without the hassle of mortal boundaries. Allowing himself to rest, Eli took out a small knife that he carried everywhere with him and took a branch from a nearby tree. It was a custom when he was young, sometime in the 17th century, to whiddle out wooden spoons with carvings on them for the woman you were courting. Figuring such a gift would be appropriate for his Amelia, Eli whiddle the branch down so that it was carved into a spoon.

The spoon was basic and simple in its deisng with two hearts in the shape of an hourglass as the handle. His work was certainly not the best but it would suffice, or least it'd have to, as he could only manage basic carving skills. Eli continued on through the night to reach Paris with the spoon tucked ssafely in his bag, wrapped in one of his spare shirts for protection.

The Eiffel tower loomed over Eli though he felt no intimidation or excitement beyond that of seeing his dear Amelia again. Eli glanced around at the barren park and streets before putting his hands sturdily on the steel bars to begin climbing upwards. Once he had reached the platform that humans stopped on to overlook Paris, Eli took out his notebook and pen to write his girl another note.

My Pet Amelia,
I'm so glad you have found me worthy of chasing to such great distances. I hope you are taking great care of your health for I have many plans for us. I want you to see the world as I saw it hundreds of years ago with virgin eyes and a wistful heart. In with this clue is a traditional courting gift from when I was young and alive. The men would carve spoons for their beloveds and give them as gifts. I am shamed to inform you that my carving skills are far from intricate though I hope you enjoy your gift, darling.
And now I'm sure you wish to know where I am headed next as you will follow me without a doubt. I've grown tired of France already as we have so many more important destinations ahead of us. So southward we travel to Spain. I warn you, my pet, do not be wooed by the Spanish men as they're sultry language is famous for sweeping maidens off their feet. But come and search for me in Madrid Spain where you must go to the The Reina Sofia. Its such a beautiful sight to see and the city itself is about my age.

I shall be waiting to see you my beautiful Amelia,
Eli

He finished the letter and sealed it in an envelope with the spoon enclosed. Eli tucked the envelope into his bag which he slung over his shoulder and began the climb to the tip of the Eiffel tower, making sure no one was around to see him as he did so. Eli stuck the clue between a wedge of steel and taped it securely to the metal structure. With no intention of leaving France without a sight of Amelia, Eli went to a nearby hotel and requested a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.

Deciding it best to relax a bit as it would take Amelia some time to reach the landmark, Eli relaxed in the soft bed and closed his eyes to enter his half-asleep state of slumber.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 AM

It was dinner-time when Amelia reached Paris. Yawning when she awoke, Amelia rubbed her eyes sleepily as she paid the driver the dagger. Taking a sandwich out of her satchel, Amelia looked around, in slight awe of her surroundings - it was all so beautiful in the evening glow.

Amelia tried to keep her thoughts upon her task, though failed miserably when she saw all of the landmarks. Seeing everything like this.. It was magical. It made her almost be thankful for the chase for it allowed her to see all of this. However, when she thought of what brought her here, she couldn't help but feel shame and contempt for the vampire.

Inquiring directions to the Eiffel Tower, Amelia quickly set off at a run towards the tower. Traveling inside, Amelia quickly made her way to the sight-seeing area and began a thorough search of the area. Not finding anything, Amelia couldn't help but look up.

'Surely he didn't mean.... Damn it! That bloody vampire.. I'm going to kill him when I see him....' Amelia said bitterly before unloading her bags, hiding them when no one was looking, and slipped outside and began her climb to the top, thoroughly searching every metal bar as she climbed.

Finally finding the note, Amelia sat upon a bar and opened it after prying it from the bar it was strapped to, eyeing it curiously. Finding the spoon, Amelia's expression grew even more confused. Reading the letter, Amelia blushed a deep scarlet.

Court her?!
Why was a vampire courting her? A vampire huntress?
Was this something throw her off?
Though, it would explain all of the chasing, the sights, the kindness, the gifts, the names...
But it couldn't be.. could it?

Sighing, Amelia shoved both the spoon, not knowing what else to do with it, and the note into the pocket of her dress before climbing down from the point before anyone could see her.

Grabbing her things, Amelia headed down the Eiffel Tower just as the sun set and looked around for somewhere to sit and think.

Finding a bench, Amelia took out the note and the spoon and sighed.

'What is this vampire thinking.... Why is he writing of courting when I am sent to kill him? Why is he writing of courting when he doesn't even know who I am but by name?' Amelia thought rhetorically as she studied both the note and the spoon.

"Madrid? How am I to get so far without losing him?" Amelia whispered as she looked up at the rising moon, wondering if he was already in Madrid biding his time until she arrived.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 AM

Eli smiled blissfully as he watched his pet climb the steel tower to her clue. She was absolutely beautiful in the moonlight and Eli couldn't help but be glad he had taken the time to watch her though he only found it more difficult to keep himself hidden from her.

Sighing from his desire to hold his darling huntress in his arms, Eli took the time to shower before methodically packing his bags for Spain. It had been a century since he had crossed into Spain and he had missed it every day since. Spain was one of his favorite European countries and his excitement of the chase became mingled with his thrill of seeing Spain again. Eli daydreamed of taking his beautiful Amelia to one of his favorite cafes, strolling with her hand in hand down the cobble stoned streets though he shook his head at such thoughts. He was being childish and naive at thinking he would ever have such a chance with Amelia however the air in Spain was romantic in itself, perhaps he could muster some confidence to take a step closer to his beloved.

Eli slung his bag over his shoulder and left his room that he had invaded to roam the Paris streets for a quick snack before his journey to Spain. He only had a few hours however he could be halfway to his destination if he found a snack soon enough.

Eli would have rathered drank from a homeless man in the alleys however the streets were nearly bare so late at night and a young college man, probably running late from the library, was weaving through his streets to his home. Eli snatched the man from behind a wall and quickly drank in private before continuing on to Madrid to leave the next note for his beloved.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-15-2010, 03:33 AM

Amelia sighed as she began her long run across Europe. What was she to do but run? She had no money, no way of getting upon a ship - Amelia was going to have to chance everything and run after him like she had since she had begun her hunt. Amelia only prayed that she could reach him in time.

After a two months of running, Amelia finally reached the French border. It was a lovely trip - a trip she wished she could have made under less circumstances so that she could enjoy her time instead of rushing through all of the sites. Perhaps on her return journey she would be able to stop and simply sit by the river and gave upon the clouds, visit the museums, see the landmarks for what they truly were.

However, such a journey could not be made until she had killed the creature she had long been hunting - Eli.

Eli.

Amelia hated that name more and more. Everywhere she went, she heard stories of strange and unexplainable deaths - deaths that could only be synonymous with his name. For what other creature could have caused such strange anomalies?

No one but Eli.

With these thoughts, sure thoughts that she was on the right track, Amelia pressed on into Spain on her way to Madrid.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 AM

Eli sighed as he sipped his wine impatiently on his rented flat, his notebook and pen on the table in front of him. He had to write another note but he wished to see Amelia cross the border to Spain first. His spirits were lifted when he heard from a few of his informants that his beautiful pet had finally reached Spain. She was but a few days away from Madrid and Eli could hardly resist thrills of their continued chase.

My Pet Amelia,
I am so pleased to know that you are in Spain and I can hardly wait for you to chase me again. However you deserve...

Eli wrote before being rudely interrupted by a man he had paid to keep him informed of Amelia's whereabouts. "What?" Eli hissed as he slammed his notebook shut.

"Senor, ha sido detenido por un hombre nativo. Parece muy tomadas por ella. Desde el punto de vista que había parecía como si estuviera enamorando de ella." The man said humbly, causing the pen in Eli's hand to snap, the ink trinkling onto the table.

"Tráeme una nueva pluma." Eli demanded as he tossed the broken pen into a nearby trashcan and wiped his hand delicately on a hand towel in the bathroom. No one was to be with his pet. The man was simply a bump in Eli's plans for her.

~~~

Juan smiled as he saw the blond girl in his village. "Senorita." He smiled, revealing the white teeth that shone in the night against his tanned skin. Juan's muscles were toned against his white shirt and his black hair fell a bit messily over his forehead, a good look for finding women to spend his long nights with. "¿Quiere usted hacerme el honor de acompañarme a cenar esta noche?" He asked the girl in fluent Spanish though his English would have sufficed, despite that it was a bit broken by his accent.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-15-2010, 04:30 AM

"Me encantaría. ¿Habla Inglés?" Amelia answered fluently with a warm, fake smile upon her face, wondering to herself if this was some trick upon Eli's part. 'He honestly thinks he can trick me like this again? Who does he think he's kidding?' Amelia thought to herself, though her eyes and face never hinted otherwise. "¿Cómo te llamas? Mi nombre es Amelia VanHaggart. ¿Sabes quién soy?"

This new test was strange.
He looked human, smelled human.
But was he human?
Or was he a pawn used by Eli to get close to her and then slip her something to slow her down so that she would be useless in the oncoming fight?

These questions and more raced through Amelia's mind as she stared at the man, taking in his appearance as if she were checking him out so that he did not catch on to the interrogating questions that ran through her mind.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-15-2010 at 04:32 AM..

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-15-2010, 04:54 AM

"My name Juan." The man said innocently, his accent breaking up his words as he sounded much better when speaking his native tongue. "I have never heard of an Amelia." He said. "However I am very interested in getting to know you, yes?" He asked as he extended his hand and gestured to a cafe across the street.

~~~

Eli felt his head begin to pound with the rage of this Spanish man. He had specifically told Amelia not to get sidetracked by the Spanish boys and she had hardly crossed the border before finding one to scoop up. Unbelievable.

Eli paced his room for a few moments, the ink gone from his pale white hand, before wandering outside and into the warm weather of the Spanish village. The clean air cleared his head a bit from the nearly blinding rage only a few moments before and as he walked, Eli pondered over where to take Amelia next. She would no doubt continue after him once she was done with her Spanish boy however, Eli decided, he couldn't keep away from her much longer. He needed her presence to reassure himself and the only way to do that was a meeting.

Content with his decision, Eli hurried back to his room and rudely snatched the pen from the man who had informed him of this unseen interruption and immediately began work on his next note to Amelia.

My Pet Amelia,
What have I told you my darling girl about falling for a Spanish man? It seems you can hardly cross a border without alerting all of the local bachelor's to run to greet you. However this is hardly the time to be so rudely interrupted. Would you please, for my sake, stay focused on our game? I would appreciate it.
For your next clue I'm sure you can tell by the painting of which this is behind where I want you to go. There's a beach along not far from the village, down a cobbled path. Don't bring your toy, its rude after all to invite a third party unwanted by the host.

Until we meet my darling,
Eli