Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-15-2010, 05:05 AM

Amelia blankly stared at the man before her.

'He wasn't someone Eli had sent? Either that.. or he was a very good liar... Either way, I have no money and I've run out of food... Would it hurt to dine with him just for the night?' Amelia thought as she planned out her course of action.

Taking his hand, Amelia decided to at least get some food out of the deal. How much he was willing to spend, was his own deal. At least she would have a full stomach that evening, no?

"I would be delighted to dine with you this evening, Juan. I have not eaten in a week. Are you sure you still wish to buy me dinner?" Amelia inquired with a warm smile, playing up the act almost flawlessly.

Surely he noticed he weapons, did he not?
Would that not put him off and make him realize he shouldn't try anything?

'It certainly should,' Amelia thought to herself as she followed Juan to the cafe, 'So what could be the harm in just one dinner?'

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 AM

Juan smiled happily as he led Amelia into the cafe, taking her to a small table towards the front. "Not eat in a week?" Juan asked, confused. "You try the bread here. The best." He assured her through broken English as the waitress appeared and handed them both menus.

~~~

Eli smiled as he put the note in an envelope and sealed it with wax he had bought a few villages over. Stamping his initials into the wax, Eli put away his things as he waited for the wax to dry. Now he would have to sneak into the museum and leave the note for his girl to find before someone else noticed it.

When the wax was dry, Eli tucked it into his jacket pocket and disappeared into the night. The security at the museum was nothing difficult, based mostly on the honors system, and Eli had little trouble getting inside. Eli put the letter behind a picture of a beautiful Spanish beach, letting a small corner peek out so that only Amelia would notice.

Walking back to his room, Eli went along the other side of the street of the cafe where Juan had taken Amelia. Seeing her through the window, Eli slinked into the shadows and let out an animalistic hiss at the window. His pet had allowed the Spanish man to dine her, was this some kind of sick joke? Eli felt a sudden hate flare up inside him and lashed out with his fist to hit the brick wall beside him. A few of the bricks fell and Eli forced himself to take in long deep breaths to calm his anger. How could Amelia want another man when Eli was the one she was after? Eli turned back into the shadows and disappeared to his room where he laid back on the bed and decided to stare blankly at the ceiling until the next night when he would meet Amelia at last.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 AM

"The bread it shall be then. And two orders of this paella along with a chicken quesadilla and a large cup of orange juice. If that is alright with you?" Amelia inquired with a small smile as she lightly pushed his buttons so that he would say yes.

'Oh dear... I do hope I am not ruined for this.. And I hope he's not too put down after this.. I can't believe I stooped to shameless flirting to get a free meal,' Amelia thought with an internal sigh, 'The things that vile vampire has reduced me to...'

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 02:43 AM

"A hungry girl." Juan smiled politely as he set down the menu and recited their orders in fluent Spanish. "A very beautiful girl." He said as he reached his hand across the table to take Amelia's. "What bring you to Spain?" He asked excitedly as his dark eyes smoldered, taking in Amelia's delicate features. She was one of the most beautiful girls in the village for sure, even if her skin was light and her hair was blond. Juan was used to the dark haired beauties in the village but as the old saying went "To much of a good thing is always bad." Or something along those lines... Juan pondered, wondering what had brought this light skinned angel to his village.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 02:49 AM

"Yes, quite hungry." Politely removing her hand from his with a small laugh, Amelia spoke gently, "I have come to visit a..... friend. I am following him across Europe, you see. Do you know where the Reina Sofia is? I am to meet him there."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 02:55 AM

Juan slumped his shoulders as he heard that Amelia was meeting a 'him' and rested back in his chair. "Your friend has good taste." Juan said. "The Reina is over the hill, there." He said as he pointed to a window that seperated the village from the small city where the museum lie. "It big so much luck finding your amigo." Juan said as he accidently blended a bit of Spanish into his English just as th ewaitress came with their orders, setting Amelia's order in front of her while putting a rich pasta dish in front of Juan, a piece of toasted bread on the side.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 AM

"Gracias, mi amigo," Amelia said with a warm smile before delicately eating her meals and tasting the bread, which was delicious just as Juan had said it would be.

When she had finished her meal, Amelia smiled before standing and lightly bowing to Juan, "Muy delicioso. Gracias, Juan. Buenos noches," Amelia said with a warm smile before placing a light kiss upon Juan's cheek, feeling it the least she could do for having ordered so much.

Heading out of the cafe, Amelia headed off in the direction Juan had pointed, hoping to find the Reina Sofia and the clue before the sun had set.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 05:16 AM

Juan sighed as the girl left him, putting down the money on the table. Though his rejection was short lived as he noticed a young Spanish girl sitting two tables over. "Hola." He said smoothly as he approached the young girl and sat down across from her.

~~~

Eli smiled blissfully as he laid out a white button down shirt and a simple pair of black denim. He knew that he was either going to die tonight or be walking on air back to his hotel room. Either ending was better then spending the rest of his life forcing the girl he wanted to be chasing him across the globe. It had been hard enough to run from her in the beginning yet seeing her in Paris had made his craving for her deepen.

Eli turned his head as a knock on the door revealed the same man who had brought him the news of the smooth talking Spanish man before. "La nina va al museo." The man said simply.

"Solamente?" Eli asked calmly.

"Solamente." The man assured him before disappearing from the room, allowing Eli to enjoy this small bit of good news. It wouldn't be long now.

Eli wandered down to the beach and paced along the smooth sand before crouching in the shadows to await Amelia's arrival. He didn't want to reveal himself until she came down to the beach, not wanting her to try to kill him from afar. If he was going to die tonight he planned to be within feet away from his pet first.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 05:36 AM

Amelia had spent the day examining the museum thoroughly for two reasons: 1. to find the clue (obviously) 2. to enjoy the scenery in which she would never see again in all her life.

She had found the clue after a couple hours of searching behind a painting of a well known beach near Madrid.

Biding her time until sundown, Amelia decided to stay in the museum for the remainder of the afternoon.

When evening had come, however, Amelia made her way down to the beach.

Reaching the beach just as the sun set and the moon began to shine upon the water, Amelia looked around to any trace of Eli.

"Come out, vampire, I know you are here," Amelia called as her boots dug into the sand, her blond hair (long and flowing for she had taken them out of the ribbons ages ago and just ted a single ribbon in her hair to keep it out of her eyes), ribbon, and dress blowing in the gentle breeze as the light covered her as she walked along the water.

Coming to the footprints, Amelia's eyes narrowed as she followed them with her eyes. Unsheathing her sword and pointing her arm cross-bow towards the shadows, Amelia glared at the site, "Come out. You will die tonight, vampire, but I will give you a choice of the weaponry we use to duel. I wish for a true fight to make my mark," Amelia added with a smirk as if she already knew the outcome was in her favor.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 05:40 AM

Eli rolled his eyes at Amelia's call as he stepped out of the shadows looking a bit bored. "You want to give me a fighting chance?" He asked as he stepped closer to Amelia. "That was more then I was expecting." He offered with a shrug, stopping five feet away from Amelia. "If I wanted you dead, Amelia, you wouldn't be here." Eli informed her as he looked over the water. "And honestly I find it a bit insulting that you would want to kill me after I tried to show you the world." He said as he looked back over at Amelia, a passing of hurt in his eyes.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 05:43 AM

"And I find it insulting how you toyed with me all these months, left me clues, bought me things, carved me spoons, spok of courting? Just what game do you think you are playing vampire?" Amelia retorted saucily as she continued to glare at him, not paying any attention to his 'emotion' or 'hurt'. "Well me, vampire, what other motive do you have in such actions other than to mess with my mind and cause me to feel sympathy for you so that you may kill me quickly? I am afraid to disappoint you, Eli, but I am not that kind of Huntress. I am Amelia VanHaggart, and I do not fall for such trickery."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 AM

"I have no intention of killing you tonight, Amelia." Eli said slowly as if he were repeating instructions to an unruly child. "What is it with you humans and your pesky ignorance." He sighed, flicking a bit of blond hair out of his face. Daring to take a step forward, Eli reached out and placed a hand of Amelia's heart, careful to keep his hand safely away from her breast. "You know," He mused, "Its been centuries since I had a heartbeat. Sometimes I miss it." He pondered.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 05:58 AM

Amelia blushed a deep scarlet as she took a step backward, stammering as she looked down at the ground, "W-w-why would you wish that? I-If you had a heartb-beat, you would feel remorse for the devilish murders you have caused with your monstrous feeding. What vampire wishes for a heartbeat and guilt for their prey?" Amelia inquired as she dared to look up at him, her eyes full of wonder and curiosity though her features showed a venomous glare.

"And if you have no intent upon fighting me tonight and think me so ignorant," Amelia continued saucily, "Then tell me, vampire, why have you brought me here instead of leading me on another goose-chase to Arabia or some god-forsaken country far away from here just so you can wear me out further?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 06:06 AM

"So many questions." Eli laughed softly as he dropped his hand to his side. "Do you think because my heart does not beat that it does not exist?" Eli asked curiously. "To believe the heart connects you to guilt of past wrongs is a misconception, my darling. The heart that beats only keeps you mortal. The heart that lets you feel is something completely different and becoming a vampire only takes away my mortal heart. I know it is wrong to drink blood from humans but you cook animals and eat them. You do it to survive, love. That is why I feed because starvation leads to a loss of control and I never wish to lose my control again. Its animalistic and a bit disturbing to say the least." Eli explained with a light shudder of the memory.

"And I requested this meeting because I guess I simply couldn't stay away from you much longer. I allowed myself to watch you at the Eiffel Tower and my self-control waivered. However." Eli smiled softly at the girl. "This loss of control is something I enjoy." He said simply. "However, my doll, if you wish to see Arabia I will be more then willing to take you there. Only I should've planned your travel here better. I'm sorry you had to resort to dining with a Spanish man. I told you not to be romanced, my dear. You're not very good at following instructions." He teased playfully.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 06:11 AM

"And I suppose if you instructed me to swim the English Channel or jump off the Eiffel Tower, I am expected to simply comply without question? Like a servant to his master? I am not your servant, vampire, and I very much doubt you feel anything within that dead carcass you survive in.

"And as for seeing me, why in God's name do you wish to see me so? I do not understand you, vampire," Amelia exclaimed as she sheathed her sword but kept the crossbow pointed at him.

"Besides," Amelia added with a coyly with a smirk upon her lips, "What if I liked Juan? What if I went and found him after our interlude and got to know him better? Perhaps even going on to marry him? What would you do, vampire? Chide me for going against your orders and giving me a good smacking for disobeying? Honestly, Eli, do not kid yourself."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 06:18 AM

Eli bit back his angry scowl as Amelia disgraced him and rolled his eyes at her outburst. "I would never instruct you to try and kill yourself. Do you think I would've let that happen? You are an ignorant girl." He said as he stepped forwad and placed a hand gently, yet firmly, on the side of Amelia's neck. "If you wish to marry this Juan man then you have my consent. Not that a man centuries your senior must mean anything to you. You have no idea what it is like to live for four centuries only to be disregarded by the girl you watched grow up. If you want to kill me so much then do it, Amelia." Eli hissed as he lifted her stake to his chest and aimed it at his heart. "Put me out of my misery if you are only planning on torturing me for the rest of my existence." He said sharply as he pressed the wooden stake so that it made a small indent on his skin. "Won't your parents be proud that you killed the big, bad vampire." He said heatedly.

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 01-16-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 06:26 AM

A bit taken aback by his outburst and his movements, Amelia's eyes grew wide as she tried to find words, though they completely escaped her.

"Wh-wh-wh-what are you doing?" Amelia managed as she stared at the indent the stake was making.

"And what do you mean ' the girl you watched grow up'?" Amelia demanded heatedly as her temper flared, "Why have you been watching me? What purpose did it have? Did you know I would be the one meant to kill you so you wished to learn all of my faults before hand so you could kill me that much more easily?!"

"And I don't need your consent to marry! I shall marry whomever I deem worthy! What is it to you whom I marry? Why would it be such a torture for you to find me married?

"I am a Huntress, you are a vampire, are you not supposed to mate with your own kind vampire? What is your interest in me other than to lure me around, wear me down, and kill me when you grow tired of this cat and mouse game?

"Wouldn't my being married just add to your sick, twisted little happiness over my death knowing that you have hurt someone left behind that I loved enough to give my heart to?" Amelia demanded as she poked his chest with her finger for emphasis.

"As for the VanHaggart family, they will be thrilled when I bring them your ashes!" Amelia screeched angrily as she poked him again with her pointer finger.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 06:34 AM

"Then why haven't you killed me?" Eli demanded. "I'm giving myself to you, Amelia." He said firmly as he glared down the girl. "You are naive for some one you claims themselves a huntress. If I hadn't been holding your hand all this way then you would have never found me but did it ever occur to you that I wanted you to find me?" He asked. "I have been giving you my small gifts of affections this entire journey and clearly you find yourself to good for a vampire. I would be disgusted with you're disregard if you hadn't already made me fall so deeply in love with you." Eli admitted. He felt vulnerability flash before him but he knew that tonight Amelia would have to make her decision before he lost his mind from confusion. She was either going to kill him or try to see things from his view and both of those options seemed better then the headaches and mess he felt like now.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 06:39 AM

Amelia's jaw nearly hit the sand as he slowly fell open. Feeling her knees go weak from shock, Amelia had a hard time standing up right. Giving up on the effort of trying, Amelia sunk to the ground, her knees together as she sat on her buttocks, her skirt fanned around her as her ankles brushed against the sides of her buttocks.

"L-L-Love me? All those gifts... were signs of a-affection? B-But why?" Amelia asked dumbly as she looked up at him, her arms hanging loosely at her sides, all sarcastic and witty remarks gone from her mind as that small, four letter word filled her mind.

"How?" Amelia asked, again quite dumbly, as she looked up at him, "I have not even met you until tonight, only in name and reputation.. Nor have you met me... How can you possibly love me when I am a Huntress, destined and trained to kill you?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 06:51 AM

Eli sank to Amelia's side, not daring to reach out and hold her but simply lounging beside her in the sand. "Because you're beautiful, you're not naive enough to chase after a vampire because you want your own pair of fangs." He said with an eye roll. "I've wanted you for years, Amelia. You couldn't imagine my excitement when I was informed that you would be hunting me. That's when I creted this whole game and even if you find it impossible to find any sort of affection for me I am grateful that you found my chase so worthy of your time." He said softly, overlooking the water. Eli felt relief wash over him as the stake that had been pointing to his chest sat beside him in the sand. For a moment he thought that Amelia was going to kill him and the realization that he would get to live even a few moments longer was comforting.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 AM

Amelia could do nothing but stare at Eli as her mind swirled with thoughts, her bag falling from her shoulder and into the sand, spilling out the contents within - letters and object that Eli had left for her along their journey.

As her thoughts consumed her, Amelia couldn't help but notice the handsome features of Eli's figure. She had expected someone old, older than her grandfather; not someone so young and handsome, someone who looked not much older than her.

"Eli.. I don't understand... Why did you want me? Why did you watch me grow? Why me? A VanHaggart of all women? Why didn't you just take me as an innocent child and be done with all of the madness you put yourself through?" Amelia inquired softly as she looked upon his figure bathing in moonlight, her unanswered questions hanging in the air between them and filling her mind.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 07:15 AM

"I guess I just couldn't allow myself for settle for someone expected of me. My father always hated that." Eli frowned. "I'm selfish because I want the very woman that has grown up wanting my death." He said as he turned to Amelia, daring to reach out a pale hand a press it lightly against her cheek. "Does everything in this world have to be logical, Amelia?" He asked, a bit confused. Honestly, him a vampire and her a huntress calmly sitting on the beach. As if she needed logic to explain his feelings for her as his very existance was not logical or natural.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 07:26 AM

"So what do you expect me to do? Fall to your feet and beg to be your vampire mate forever? Swear my undying love and devotion to you? Let you bite me and suck my blood? Throw my arms around your neck and kiss you?" Amelia demanded with one hand upon her hip before adding in a softer tone, "Eli... This could never work... My family expects me back.. I don't even know you... How can you expect me to fall head over heels in love with you just because of a few trinkets you've left me on our journey and because confessed your love for me?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM

"I don't expect anything of you." Eli sighed as he dropped his hand from her cheek. "If you want to return to your family then you are more then welcome to. But I won't force you to follow me any farther. Kill me or let me go, Amelia. But at least I know now that your affections are not returned and I won't force myself upon you." He said, bowing his head, blond hair falling over his forehead. Standing up from the sand, Eli dusted off his pants before turning away from the beautiful huntress on the sand. The rejection sat bitterly against his still heart yet Eli couldn't bring himself to beg the girl for her love. It would be pointless and it was obvious that she wasn't interested. "I really did want to show you the world, Amelia. And if you change your mind then you know where I will be." He said before sauntering off towards his hotel.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM

Amelia couldn't help but sigh as she watched him leave. Unstrapping her miniature crossbow from her forearm, Amelia laid back in the sand with a heavy sigh as she looked up into the moonlit sky and rubbed her sore wrist.

'What a strange vampire.... Could he truly have meant what he says? That strange feeling in the bit of my stomach that I've been feeling since I came here is telling me he does..' Amelia thought to herself, along with many other similar thoughts as she gazed into the moonlight.

Standing after awhile and brushing the sand from her clothes and hair, Amelia picked up her weapons and satchel before heading off at a random direction down the beach.

Letting her feet take her, Amelia groaned as she went to the hotel and inquired as to where the man who had just entered was staying for he had asked her to meet him but did not tell her a room.

Getting the number, Amelia set off in search.

When she found it, she bit her lower lip and thought about turning back.

"What am I doing here... Surely this was a simple trap set for me... Why am I acting so foolishly?" Amelia whispered as she simply stared at the door.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-16-2010 at 06:30 PM..