Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 AM

This is the continuation of the outsiders, chapter 13. There are only 12 chapters, and I will tell you that there are some spoilers in here, but not much.

I'll also tell you that I tried writing the way the author did, and kind of put a bit of my writing senses into it as well. Feel free to critique and comment about it. :] It's pretty long, too.

There is no aggression in my chapter at all, but there is in the Outsiders the book, if you wanted to read that to see what I'm writing about. Just for the heads up.

Summary of book - The outsiders is about a boy named Ponyboy ( says so on his birth certificate to prove it. xD ) and he is the narrator. He is in this gang, who is always against another gang, and have some bumps in the road too. I believe it's called the outsiders, because Johnny, which is a very close friend of Pony, murdered a Soc when that Soc was about to drown Pony to death. They escaped to their dream place to be, with the help of Dally, another greaser ( which is what their gang is called. ) but it's not going as they dreamed it would have been, since they're there because of a burden. They go back to where they were, but the church was burning, and there were kids inside from a field trip. Johnny and Pony save them and they get hurt, and Johnny dies from the injury and burns. johnny was all Dally really ever had, so he killed himself the day Johnny died. It just goes on for a few chapters about the burden of Pony and the deaths, and Pony's future and stuff. xD
Pony's also failing English, so he gives him an assignment to raise his grade, giving pony' situation at hand, and it's a theme paper. Pony decides to call it remembrance, and writes the book the outsiders.

There's
Post 1 - Part 1
Post 2 - Part 2
Post 3 - Part 3
Post 4 - Part 4
Post 5 - Part 5
Post 6 - Part 6
Post 7 - Part 7
Post 8 - Part 8

and that's it. ^^

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Chapter 13

It had just now stricken me that it was 2am in the morning. But, I was putting my finishing touches on my Remembering paper. It was 42 papers long, front and back. Soda had already been sleeping on the bed. He looks handsome when he’s tired and sleeping. I was exhausted too, so I paper clipped the papers together and put them in my sack. I laid there in the bed and started thinking about my career, how Soda got upset over me and Darry arguing got me to realize that everything I do effects my future. I yawned and thought myself to sleep, but I didn’t have a hard time getting some shut-eye.
The next day had come already, and it was 30 till school. “Gosh, it’s freezing!” I said. We didn’t have a heater, too expensive. “I’ll cook a sandwich up real quick and eat walking to school.”
Sodapop signed on the bed and went back to sleep. “Shoot low and be careful with the Socs,” he said, only loud enough for Pony to hear, “not like you’ll be needing it from last time.”

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:33 AM

I think Soda was talking about when we were eating and I stood up to them. “Don’t worry,” I said. I gained a new confidence. I went to school 15 minutes early, so I had time to hand in my papers to my English teacher. I saw Cherry walk by, and she saw me, but didn’t say anything and looked away. Then I remembered what she had said to me. “…if I see you in the hall at school or someplace and don’t say hi, well, it’s not personal or anything but…” in exact words. That rang in my head for a few moments. I was thinking of walking up and talking to her, but by the time I got the guts to, I had lost sight of her. “Damn,” I said to myself. I got to class, and my teacher wasn’t there, so I put the papers on his desk. I took one of his note papers and labeled it as my theme paper.
I walked out to get to class, as the 10 minute warning bell rang. I saw Cherry again, and tried to not have a cow while I was approaching her, but I knew I was going ape. “Hey Cherry,” I said.
She eyeballed me, trying to act as if she had no idea who I was. “Who are you?” she said.
“Ohhhh! Clutched!” laughed one of the Socs.
I left. It wasn’t because she rejected me, no. It was because I thought I had actually been able to change what she had said before. The five minute bell rang, and I was already at my seat for Algebra, waiting for English to come.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:34 AM

4th period, which was English, finally came. I walked in while my English teacher called me up. I knew it was about the paper, so I didn’t bother asking why and came up. He flipped through the pages. “Why, Pony, this has got to be the best story I have ever read!” he went over to his desk, so I followed him. “What influenced you?” he asked.
“My life,” I replied.
“Interesting…well, I was thinking,” he said, like he had something on his mind.
“What?” I vaguely asked.
“It would make an excellent book!” he said, “It sure has the lengths to prove it!” he laughed, “And, I know people who might even pay for it!”
“Well, sure. Do I get to keep the money?” I said, blank-minded.
My professor laughed, “Of course!”
“Alright then,” I said, gallantly accepting. I could be helping Darry with the stuff around or something, he might appreciate me allot more. I sat back down, and resumed to take notes.
The bell rang, and every one rushed out. I left too, and went home to tell Darry the good news. Once I got home, and what a surprise it was, Darry wasn’t home. Probabably working again, I thought, I went into Soda’s room to check if he was home, and saw a girl.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 AM

“Hey, Pony?” she said. The voice found really familiar. She turned around, so I got a better look at her.
“Sandra?!” she said, and smiled her famous smile.
“What are you doing here?” I said, “I thought you didn’t like Soda?” I shrugged.
“Where is Soda?” she asked, ignoring my question.
“I’m not sure, probably at the gas station, working or something.”
“Oh, well thanks!” she got up and started off to the gas station, or so it seemed.
Darry arrived home a few minutes later, as I cooked beef stew-in-a-can. “Want some?” I said, turning off the stove.
“Nah, listen,” he said quickly, turning me towards him.
“Okay, what?”
“I just got a job as a model! I get a few hundred bucks for every shot they user, and get to show off my body!” he laughed. I knew it, Darry only wanted to show off his muscles!
“Cool, I have good news too!” I said,
“Oh, really?” Darry said, as if I couldn’t match his news.
“Yeah,” I ate some soup; it still tastes like ham though. “I wrote a story for English to pass it, and my teacher is going to pay me for it. I don’t know how much yet, though,”
“Alright! Ha-ha, you’re beginning to make something good or yourself, kid,” Darry said, while rubbing my head. I smiled, and ate the rest of my soup.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 AM

It was 7:30, and I was finishing up my homework. Soda got home, and Steve and Sandra followed. “Hey,” I said, in the silence. “You two back together?”
“I don’t know, but yeah. It turns out it was Sandra’s dad who wrote that letter and made her leave.” Soda and Sandra kissed.
“Awe…,” I said, ducking a noogie from Soda. I was getting sleepy, so I told everyone I was going to sleep. The story kept me up for awhile last night.
I work up at 6 in the morning, over an hour early, so I went to go make some food for everyone. Looks like Sandra slept over. Actually, now that I remember, Sandra probably ran away, so she must have nowhere to really stay. I was making four egg sandwiches for everyone. Soda woke up with Sandra leaning on his chest. I miss my old hair, I thought, looking at what used to be my hair on Soda. “Have a sandwich,” I said.
“Sure will,” Darry slipped in, “Morning’.” His job required him to wake up early, so looks like Soda would have to wash the dishes today.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:36 AM

I finished up my sandwich and headed off to school. Wow, everything is happening so fast, I thought. A blue mustang drove beside me, and I got prepared. It was only Randy, though, so I hyped down.
“Hey, want a ride?” Randy asked and opened the passenger door, “Hop in.”
“What’re you doing here?” I said, hopping in the car, “You taking me to school, right? You be busted if another Soc catches you hanging with a greaser.”
“You writing a book?” Randy laughed.
“Actually, no, I already wrote it.” I felt very nerdy saying that.
We had already arrived at my school, by the time he thought of something to say. “Thanks, see ya,” I said, turning to school.
“See ya!” Randy said.
English came, and before I knew it, my teacher plunged in my face and all I heard was something about 1500 dollars and loving? “So wait, your friend loves it and wants to pay me 1500 dollars just for my story?” I was flipping out. That is allot of money.
“No, no. We already have the money, I knew you would accept right away!” he grinned. And I thought things were going fast before.
“So give me the money after school?” I asked.
“Will do.”

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 AM

When I got home, I told Darry I had already the money. He had almost the same reaction as I did. I decided to save it all for college, though. “I’m going to apply for college,” I sounded so elite.
Darry’s grin went blank. “You know allot of people don’t make it, college is hard,” he said, as if he was lecturing me, “but I know you’re going to make it.” Darry smiled. He looked very proud of me, I smiled.
Soda got home with Sandra behind him holding his hands. “We’re getting married,” Soda said.
“Congrats!” I said, “all in 2 days, ha! Savvy.”
Darry took Soda with him to his room. “You sure about this? It’s allot, and stuff,” Darry said.
“Yeah, I’m sure. I love Sandra, you know that.”
“Alright,” Darry said. They walked back out. “Well, I guess that’s a congratulations, guys!”
It was 8:00 and I was getting tired again. I lied in bed. Wow…I thought to myself. I guess there are ups and downs, the downs had already passed, this is everything you could ever wish for.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 AM

I woke up, I didn’t even remember going to sleep. There was no school, since school was out, so I didn’t bother getting out of bed. I went to sleep again, or at least, I tried. I heard someone doing something in the kitchen, so I got up to see what was going on. Soda was making breakfast, and Darry was at work early for some photo shots. Soda wasn’t nearly done cooking yet, so I went to go check the mail, and surprisingly, the acceptance mail from the college I applied to had already arrived! In only 1 day. I guess…they were just expecting it or something.
“I got accepted to college!” I yelled, “But I don’t start until I’m a junior, which is another two years. But that’s not long from now.”
“Congrats,” Soda said, finishing up the cooking, “it seems like there’s been allot of good things coming at us…”
Sandra went home with a file of papers and a grocery bag. “I’m pregnant,” she said.

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via MSN to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lemon Effect

Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 AM

Hope you don't mind me posting...I'd just like to say I read your chapter so far and liked it. The books are great, but they are so sad.

Kind of dropped a bomb there with Sandra, huh? Anyway, I'm glad you wrote this ^^

Ambu
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 AM

Yeah. xD

She disappeared in the book, thought I'd bring her in.

We have a 1-6 rating, 4 is passing. I got all 5s and a 4. My teacher didn't think it felt complete...I should have actually ended the story this time; never left of a story or book with a hook before.

Rissa
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-22-2008, 02:39 AM

This is really nicely written. When did you write it? We had to do a project similar to this, though we had other choices, too. ^^ Anyways, it was quite good.