Salad74
Official Salad Cook

Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 AM

Title says it all, really.
Me, I'll be hanging with a couple friends, "flying on the ground", because really, Valentine's for me is a mix between Christmas-like forced consumerism and inexcusably high expectations. Well, in this society, at least. (America.)
TL;DR If you're gonna be alone on VD (Hah!), whatcha gonna be doing?

Before The Stars Sleep
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 AM

Most likely hang at home and lament my lack of love life.
Oh and curse my bad luck for falling in love with my best friend.

cashuea
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 AM

Probably hang out a home on the computer, or hang out at the mall. Yea i got nobody either, no matter how hard i try. :(

V-Day sucks if you are single. To me anyway...

Before The Stars Sleep
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 AM

It does!
It seems like as soon as February first comes you start to see couples EVERYWHERE you go!
Like is God just TRYING to mock me?! :cry:

sagecat
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 AM

Well, I am in a 3+ years relationship, but I will be alone this Valentines Day, because my spouse is filming for the next couple of weeks in another city. I don't care though, VD is just a corporate holiday to make you feel guilty for not having a special someone. We always celebrated by taking all of our single friends and other friends who weren't having a private holiday out to pizza all dressed in our fancy gear. We try and rebel against it by eating at a local restaurant with all our friends because, everyone should feel welcome to be loved. Maybe I will try to get my friends together this year again for another group dine out, I will sort of be the odd one out this year. =)

cashuea
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Before The Stars Sleep View Post
It does!
It seems like as soon as February first comes you start to see couples EVERYWHERE you go!
Like is God just TRYING to mock me?! :cry:
She is mocking us all. :cry: Makes me feel like a total loser sometimes. Meh, it is just a corporate holiday. After its over all the couples will go back fighting lol.

Before The Stars Sleep
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 AM

@Sagecat: Thats a really neat tradition! Maybe I will do something like that...
@cashuea: Thats completely true. Most times boyfriends and husbands try to make up for a whole year's worth of screw ups. xD

Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 AM

I'll probably be eating chocolate, and hugging my bear I have at home. (it's a small bear, and it's cuddly, too.) *is single and doesn't like V-day except on avatar sites*

Ewinxr
OM NOM NOM
Send a message via MSN to Ewinxr

Old 02-11-2010, 06:56 AM

My friend is moving away to columbia in march, so on valentines day we are having a going away party for her

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM

Probably hanging with my friends :yes: or doing homework.. pr sleeping.. it all depends on how life plays out, yah? XD

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM

One, I hate to be called a "lonely soul." People do not need some person of their preferred sex hanging off them to complete them. Me, there's someone I like...but, uh...there's a distance issue. And a...him thinking I'm long dead issue. But...oh well. Gives me more time to play around on Mene and FIGHT ENVY! I swear, two days I have long dreaded on Mene - the day I'd have to face THAT sin and the day we'd get medical items. Never did I dream they'd be the same day. o__o

Also, I'll be playing with my character revamp project and probably drawing stuff for my RP anti-guide. Which...I really do so need to finish writing.

Kurai Amaya
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM

I'm in a relationship of 2+ years, but I don't believe in Valentine's day, so I treat it as a normal day. It's just another way for companies to make money, really...
Why can't you show your love for your significant other everyday? Why do we really need a holiday to do that?
I do like the candy sales afterwards, though. :3

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM

I'll be doing the same thing I've done for the last couple of Valentines, camping. I'll be cozy in a cabin or out walking in the snow, with a group of Girl Guides.

I always seem to have a Girl Guide related thing going on on the 14th every year so even if I was dating someone I wouldn't be spending it with them.

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 02-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Most probably I will be spending my time with my parents, celebrating mom's birthday and Chinese New Year. Although we're not even Asian. But so what. :D

pumpkins
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM

I'm not sure, maybe preparing to a math exam. The day before I'm going to a party.

xSpiffyChan

Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Probably gonna' celebrate chinese new year instead. Even though I'm not asian, oh well. Anything is better than sitting around upset because I'm single.

AgnesGloom
*^_^*

Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 PM

I'll probably still be snowed in. I'll just be sitting around bored out of my mind. Re-reading books maybe.

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM

My boyfriend (of almost eight years) and I both have no money, and he lives 200ish miles away, so we won't be seeing each other this Vday. It's okay though, because he'll make it up to me eventually. I suppose we'll talk on the phone, but Vday is Sunday, so I'll just be hanging out at home all day. XP

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

I'm taking my mom out to dinner and then going to a movie with her.

tenderwhispers
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 PM

sitting in my room eating chocolate and watching horror movies... trying to avoid the nauseating cutesy cr@p that goes along with this hallmark conspiracy of a holiday.

LenGe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM

Going to see the Van Gogh display at the museum and eat dinner with my mom. Of course, I'll discreetly be hinting for my red envelope as well XD

ExoticTopic
Kiyoshi

Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 PM

I hopefully still have dinner plans with my best friend. :] but if she cancels, cause she has found someone, then I'll probably just hang out with friends or do school work or chill with my family. :3
Family is the best kind of love for valentines day. Letting the ones who have ALWAYS been there know how great they are. c:
unless you hate your family.
and friends.
then the day is just pointless. ^_^;;;;

AkihitoKage
making people wonder 'wtf?' sinc...
Send a message via AIM to AkihitoKage Send a message via MSN to AkihitoKage Send a message via Yahoo to AkihitoKage

Old 02-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Online talking to my friends like always XD I don't get the big deal with Vday. Loads of people in my Art class keep going on about what they're doing.

What I think is awesome though is that my friend and her fiancé are just staying in, ordering pizza and playing Pokemon most of the evening ^^

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 PM

I was planning on buying a bag of candy and dishing some out to my friends but then I forgot, and I won't see them until Monday. By then it would be kinda late for that.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 PM

I shall spend some quite time with myself and a good book. There's nothing better, though I would take some company. I wouldn't care if it were a boyfriend, just friends would do.