Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Ancient Chinese Yijing Readings and Hangout

In honor of my favorite Menewshan holiday, I've decided to offer some free readings. I have been dabbling in an ancient Daoist fortune telling method called the Yijing (you might have also seen it romanized as "i-ching") for awhile now. I'd like to get more experience with it, so this sounded like a fun way to do it.

~ readings are free
~ donations are welcome if you like my readings
~ each person may request one reading at a time, but may come back for more
~ any readings not completed by the end of the event will be PMed to you when I have a chance to complete them

For each reading, please provide a topic for the reading to be focused on, such as an area of your life.

Post the following with your order:

HTML Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="5"][B][U]Enlighten me with my Dao![/U][/B][/SIZE]
Name:
Reading Focus:[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Shimawa_zen; 08-09-2009 at 04:00 PM..

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Completed Readings:

blaze of ice
secretdae007
Dystopia
Jack Macgaven
sadrain
Katyasha
Jazzed
Maud
Jack Friday
salix
mountainphoenixfeline

Waiting List:

Last edited by Shimawa_zen; 08-16-2009 at 04:50 PM..

blaze of ice
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to blaze of ice

Old 08-09-2009, 04:06 PM

I've never heard of this form of fortune telling... so you've caught my interest. :3

Enlighten me with my Dao!
Name: Kailee
Reading Focus: Hmm... I guess goals. ^^;

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 04:23 PM

blaze of ice: goals
☶ mountain
☵ water

changing to

☷ earth
☴ wind
The way that things are going right now is counterproductive. Something is not only preventing you from reaching your goals, but it is putting more obstacles in your path. But don't worry - the situation has hope - you have an opportunity to work through the problems so that you can continue to pursue your goals. Seek the help of a mentor, and they will be very beneficial in guiding you towards your goals with their knowledge and experience.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Woahh, readings!
xD
I must come back when I have a topic.
xD

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM

Name: Dae
Reading Focus: Love xD

By the way, this is such a nifty idea. <3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM

This sounds interesting. =o

Name: Dystopia (Anna)
Reading Focus: Future Occupation

Jack MacGaven
Vampire of Menewsha

Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Name: Jack
Reading Focus: Love

This is some thing new I'd like to try.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM

Name: Inga Erika (Urm, I am guessing real one should be used for this... XD)
Reading Focus: Future

And thank you in advance. <3

blaze of ice
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to blaze of ice

Old 08-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimawa_zen View Post
blaze of ice: goals
☶ mountain
☵ water

changing to

☷ earth
☴ wind
The way that things are going right now is counterproductive. Something is not only preventing you from reaching your goals, but it is putting more obstacles in your path. But don't worry - the situation has hope - you have an opportunity to work through the problems so that you can continue to pursue your goals. Seek the help of a mentor, and they will be very beneficial in guiding you towards your goals with their knowledge and experience.
Whoa... that's actually really accurate. o_o I'm impressed! Thank you so much for the reading! :heart:

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm glad people like the idea of this =D
I enjoy learning about Daoism, so it is fun to share it with others.

secretdae007: love
☴ wind
☷ earth

changing to

☴ wind
☵ water
You are examining a situation while trying to decide how invested you should be. This kind of reflection is important for understanding yourself and whoever you are interested in. The time for progress is coming. Take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself. It is important to be firm and uncompromising of yourself - maintain your own integrity and you will have good fortune.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimawa_zen View Post
I'm glad people like the idea of this =D
I enjoy learning about Daoism, so it is fun to share it with others.

secretdae007: love
☴ wind
☷ earth

changing to

☴ wind
☵ water
You are examining a situation while trying to decide how invested you should be. This kind of reflection is important for understanding yourself and whoever you are interested in. The time for progress is coming. Take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself. It is important to be firm and uncompromising of yourself - maintain your own integrity and you will have good fortune.
Haha, all the things that I need to be told. <3 Thank you! -will probably ask for another one again later- xD

I have a friend who is really into Daoism. I vaguely learned about it in high school.

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2009, 05:13 PM

Name:Katyasha
Reading Focus:Future Occupation

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Yay - I'm glad my readings are hitting the mark =D Thanks for the feedback

I'm taking a lunch break after these.

Dystopia: future occupation
☰ heaven
☶ mountain

changing to

☲ fire
☱ lake
You are concerned with something that is not yet upon you. While it is always beneficial to keep the future in mind, you need to spend more of your time and energy dealing with matters of the present. Focus on nurturing and strengthening in the here and now, and it will help prepare you for the future as well. Things will not be easy at first, but they will get better. Enjoy the little things in life and they will help you.

Jack Macgaven: love
☶ mountain
☲ fire

changing to

☱ lake
☰ heaven
For the situation to progress, you need to have a goal. Understand what you want and focus on that in order to move forward. Beautifying the situation does little on its own without a greater purpose. The time is coming for an important decision. Tell the key people first, and do not be blunt or forceful in delivering the news. Keep your focus on your goal at all times and it will benefit you.

sadrain: future
☰ heaven
☴ wind

changing to

☱ lake
☰ heaven
You are in a position of responsibility for someone else. It is important to watch over them carefully and tenderly, or in their distress problems will arise. It may seem like everything needed is not provided, but things are as they need to be for this stage in life. Try to trust in the future, and whatever higher powers you may believe in. An important decision is coming your way. Be considerate and not forceful when telling key people the news. Have a goal in mind, and keep focused on that goal throughout the process.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM

owo I am still amazed how proper these things come out sometimes. XD Like now.

Thank you. I shall try to follow this. ^^

... And why do all readings everywhere tell me I have important decision ahead? Uuggh. ;;;>.>

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 08-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Name: .Jazzed
Reading Focus: Economical situation of my very near future.

Maude
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM

I've always wanted to try this :D As everyone said, great idea~

Name: Maude
Reading Focus: Future

Jack Friday
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:21 PM

This is an interesting thing you have going on here. I've experimented with lots of stuff like runes, tarot cards, ect. But this is the first time i've ever ran across this. So in hopes of finding out more about this or just to get a reading~

Name: Jack
Reading Focus: Death

Rather, if death cannot be a focas for your reading, for I can see how it would be very hard to interprit. Just go with current situation~ ^^;;

Last edited by Jack Friday; 08-09-2009 at 11:26 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 PM

O_O! Yijing!
Is that the only chinese method you learn through?
I am interested in ZhiWeiDouShu too.

mountainphoenixfeline
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 AM

Name: for this "your not-quite reflection"
Reading Focus:housing issues

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 07:23 AM

Sorry about the delay - I will get to everyone! I will catch up tomorrow

xuvrette - so far that is the only method I've been working on, but I will likely branch out more in the future. What do you like most about the ZhiWeiDouShu?

Katyasha: Future Occupation
☱ lake
☳ thunder

changing to

☲ fire
☰ heaven
Someone influential in your life is guiding you in a direction that is beneficial to you. Following their initiative will be beneficial to you. There will be some difficulties ahead, but your virtue will assure that things will go smoothly.

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 AM

That's okay, so how do you calculate the results? Did you learn it in school, or something?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-16-2009, 04:48 PM

Sorry about being slow with these - it has been a very busy week for me! I hope everyone enjoyed the event!

No I didn't learn the yijing in school, although I did study about other areas of Daoism in college. I am self-taught with yijing.

Jazzed: Economical situation of my very near future
☴ wind
☷ earth

changing to

☳ thunder
☷ earth
It is a good time for learning and reflection. Do some introspection on yourself to understand what is working for you, and what may be hindering you. Do the same with those around you. Take advantage of any opportunities you have to learn more - try to expand your knowledge base of people and skills. Do not be too hung up on how things feel at the moment, but keep your focus on your longer term goals. Working hard and staying focused on the future will bring you good fortune.

Maud: future
☴ wind
☲ fire

changing to

☴ wind
☳ thunder
There is a focus on the functionality of the family. The family needs to be supportive and beneficial to all of its members, with a balance of order and fun. There is something unexpected coming, and it is important to examine it carefully before acting. Proceed carefully, and things will go well.

Jack Friday: death
☱ lake
☵ water

changing to

☳ thunder
☰ heaven

(A challenging reading to be sure, but I'll give it a try.) This isn't a time for action. That is not to say that it is a time for being passive, but rather a shift of focus from going to strengthening and understanding. Words do no good here, and may backfire. There is a way to move forward, but it will require stepping back a bit from the situation in order to see it more clearly. If you find yourself banging your head against a wall, step back and look for a door to open.

salix: love
☱ lake
☳ thunder

changing to

☴ wind
☵ water
You are following someone elses initiative, and that is beneficial for the time being. However, such a situation where you are not leading cannot endure forever. Enjoy the moment.

mountainphoenixfeline: housing issues
☶ mountain
☳ thunder

changing to

☵ water
☵ water
You have been hungering for something, and rightly so. Understand what exactly it is that you are hungering for, and work towards fulfilling that desire. There are some difficulties ahead with an unfamiliar situation, but focus on why you are doing this, and it will help you to stay strong and get through whatever you encounter.

Last edited by Shimawa_zen; 08-16-2009 at 04:53 PM..