primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 AM

Janice Holderfield

Jan tied up her shoes, humming the tune to a popular song on the radio. "Hurry up, honey! I'm running late!" She looked up quickly, tossing her black braid from her shoulder. Muttering quietly to herself, she hastily stood up and awkwardly shouldered her backpack. "Coming, mom! Sorry!" She replied.

It was the last first-day of high school for Janice Holderfield. As was tradition, Mrs. Holderfield insisted on driving her "baby" to school on the special day despite having work early in the morning. First-days were never a big deal in Janice's eyes, but they were obviously important to Mr and Mrs Holderfield.

"Alright! Say "cheeese"!" The woman exclaimed, taking a snapshot of Janice before she was ready. "Aw, mom. I look ugly. Please don't put it in the-" Too late. Mrs Holderfield had already snatched the instantly-developed photo from the camera and was waving it obnoxiously in the air on her way to the photo album. As she proudly pat it on its intended page, she picked up her purse. "Okay, now we can go. Are you hungry? We can stop for breakfast!"

Jan rolled her eyes with a smile. That was her mom for you. Running late, but you were still her top priority. "No thanks, mom. I've got some cash. I want to see my friends anyways." She opened the door, motioning for her mother to go first. "If you say so, honey." She replied with a smile.

After an overly-affectionate trip down memory lane, they finally reached their destination- Valley View High School. "Have a good day at school, senior!" Mother squealed and Jan could only laugh. "Okay, I will. I love you, bye!"

The second that the door to the light blue minivan was shut, Jan was attacked by a hug from behind. "JANNY! I MISSED YOU!" To no surprise, when she turned around, it was her best friend- Katelyn. "Katelyn! Wow, you found me pretty quickly!" The busty blond nodded eagerly. "Definitely! I saw your mom's van from, like, a mile away! Come get breakfast with me! Show me your schedule! Tell me where you got that top!"

Jan laughed and followed her friend's cute orders. It was already beginning to feel like normal. Hopefully, this year would be a great one filled with friends, fun, and maybe even her first-kiss!

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 AM

Zane Quinton

"I swear if you start off the year with a shot attendance record..."

Zane rolled his eyes at his mother as he zipped up his combat boots, standing up from his messy bed and looking down at himself. Worn black and ripped jeans, a tight black tee shirt, and his blonde hair in a mess, his favorite way to start off the school year, even though this was his last...that is, if he passed.

He exited the room, heading down the hall to the kitchen where his mother stood in a waitress uniform, scooping poorly-cooked eggs from a skillet onto two plates-- their plates.

"Now sit. You're taking the bus still, right?" she asked, gesturing to his usual spot where a glass half-filled with orange juice sat. He sat down obediently without a word and sipped on his juice, eyeing his mother.

"I thought I told you I'd be taking the bike," he said warily. He knew what she was going to say.

The spatula rattled down against the stove top as she turned to her song. "That is out of the question. You know I don't like you riding that piece of junk."

He began eating his eggs and bacon once placed before him as he told her with a mouth full of food, "That piece of junk was my summer project and I'm not going to miss the chance of showing the world my masterpiece."

His mother only scowled but said no more as she realized he was a senior now, growing up and already beginning to make his own decisions. She had to trust him.

Zane's "masterpiece" parked in an empty parking lot near the end, farthest away from school as possible. It looked like your average motorbike, except it was black with rust spots here and there. The things worked great enough, thought Zane as he pulled his shiny new helmet he had saved up for from his head, shaking his blonde hair and dismounting the bike. He had keys for it, which he stuffed into his jean pocket. He old black messenger bag still hung across his body, angling to one side as the other side sat his bike helmet under his arm.

Everyone stared at him, but he ignored them as he neared the school. The usual before-school outside crowd parted like the red sea for him, fear in their eyes as if they knew that if they so much as gave him reason to do something to them, they'd regret it.

Once in the school and at his usual assigned locker, he began piling it with his poetry books and notebooks he had planned for his classes. He pinned his schedule to the locker door next to a picture magnet of his little sister.

"Ouch. You've got Brovsky this year," came a familiar voice from around Zane. He smirked and turned around to his good friend Trevor, who had flunked last year and was in his second senior year. The two grew up together, being inseparable since pre-school.

"You better too," Zane told him as he hung his helmet on one of the locker hooks. His helmet luckily just fit in.

"Damn right I do. Mrs. Jenner said," he started as he raised his tattooed wrists in the air and made quotation marks with his fingers, "redoing all my classes would be easiest. Like, what the hell?"

Trevor had ruffled dark red hair, bright blue eyes, sun-kissed skin, and wore his usual white tee with a leather vest zipped halfway up his built torso. The two worked out together, which gave Zane no reason to be jealous. He was built himself luckily.

Zane's brown eyes scanned the crowd around them. "This is the year, Trev. I can feel it," Zane murmured.

Trevor smiled, smacking Zane's shoulder lovingly. "That's the spirit, man!"

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM

"Oh my god, Janny. Please tell me you at least tried the summer diet. I swear I lost three pounds!" Jan rolled her hazel eyes at her friend. In her opinion, neither she or Katelyn needed a diet. Jan just didn't understand the hype. It wasn't like they ate junk food constantly. "No, I'm not a big juice-person.... And since that's all the diet let you drink, no thanks. Not for me. Plus, you didn't need to lose any weight in the first place!" Katelyn sighed and gave her friend a small shoulder-hug. "I knew you'd say something like that."

The two reached the cafeteria rather quickly and didn't have to go far to reach their table. Jan was lucky enough to know Katelyn since middle school, so she was always wherever Katelyn was. Unfortunately, some of the places Katelyn wanted to be were not very suitable for Jan. The "popular table" was one of them. It was very clear that nobody else liked Jan. She only stuck around because Katelyn was her only friend- a social butterfly. Lucky me... She thought, eyeing the familiar crowd of her well-dressed peers.

"Hey everyone! Its been forever!" Katelyn practically flew over to the bunch. She gave tight hugs to everyone, only to be reminded by another person, "Wait. Katelyn we all hung out last weekend? At my beach party?" Jan blinked. "Beach party?" She murmured questionably. Katelyn scrambled to cover his mouth. "Katelyn, I thought you said that your mom was forcing you to go on some trip! You totally missed my art-show!" As the blonde's face turned red, she turned to Jan with slumped shoulders. "I know. I'm a bad person, Janny. I'm sorry." Jan crossed her arms with a huff, but realized that Katelyn really did feel sorry. "...Its alright." Katelyn looked up suddenly and gave Jan a big hug with a bigger smile. "I knew you'd understand, Janny!" "Yeah, yeah. Now, let me see your schedule."

As Jan and Katelyn examined each other's assigned classes, they were distraught to find out that they only had one class together- Gym! Oh no... I won't get a single second with her... All the boys ever did in gym class were follow Katelyn around and talk about how pretty Katelyn was. Jan sighed. It was the equivalent of having NO classes together.

"We'll figure something out, Janny." Katelyn smiled. "If you say s-"

"The Brute Brothers are back!" Someone walked up to the table and announced. "Oh my, that one didn't graduate?" "This year is going to be interesting." "Watch them both fail this year!" The group snickered among each other and Katelyn piped in, "I heard that the older one is repeating all of his classes from last year! Like, How dumb do you have to be?" Jan shook her head at her friend as the group all laughed. She stood up from the table and picked out her books for her first class. The bell was about to ring.

Since Katelyn didn't notice Jan's leaving, it was made a bit easier on her. She absolutely hated that group of people. They were so stuck up. It didn't help one bit that Katelyn was slowly becoming more and more like them. Jan just wanted it to be simple, like it used to be- when they would walk to school together and not worry about being bothered by other people. She missed the good ol' days when Katelyn actually cared about her school work and would ask for help. What was there to do, though? Oh well.

With the first bell ringing, Jan clutched her books to her chest and began the decent into the crowded hallways to get to her first class- English.

Zimmerdale

Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 PM

Trevor and Zane talked until the warning bell rang. They said their goodbyes, telling each other they'd see each other at lunch at at Bravosky's math class after. He took one final look at his schedule.

English to start off the day, joy.

He turned around, eyeing the door to the English classroom he knew he was supposed to go to. He stopped by the water fountain that separated the lockers from the classroom door, taking his leisurely time to get a drink. And then the final bell rang and the morning announcements started.

Zane smirked as he was the last to enter the English classroom, late as he always is. He always liked to make an entrance. A few girls eyed him with admiration while others rolled their eyes at him. He ignored it all and just soaked up the already-angry face of Mrs. Tommlin, who he had to admit as the hot new teacher from just two years ago.

"Sorry I'm late, Mrs. T," he said too innocently.

Mrs. Tommlin rolled her eyes and waved for him to sit down. "Just sit down, Mr. Quinton," she grumbled as the class stood up for the pledge of allegiance.

Zane passed a black-haired girl. He recognized her from a few past years. Janice, Jane, Jamie-- something that began with a J, he thought. He smirked at her. The girl was cute, maybe even pretty, but just another one of those stuck-up judgmental preps, he reminded himself. His eyes turned away from her and he sat down at the last empty seat, just behind the J-named girl.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 AM

(( I'll start going with size:2 text. It looks prettier. I LOVE ZANE BTW. He's a cutie. <3 ))

As the bell began to ring, Jan looked around the room, searching desperately for anyone she knew. Unfortunately, all of the faces she'd seen were no more than acquaintances or friends from too long ago to care. Most of the kids in the area lived in one place their entire lives. It wasn't until Brute Brother #2 wandered into the room after the bell that Jan really confirmed that there wasn't going to be anyone to talk to in the mornings. She simply sighed as he took the seat behind her.

After the pledge, Mrs. Tommlin began to take roll. The names went on and on. "Janice Holderfield?" Finally. "Present! You can call me Jan, if its easier." The woman nodded and continued. As she did, Jan tuned out completely and began to read the white-board behind her. There were a few notes about the class and a small number of questions for introduction purposes. Might as well start this...

The course was a regular-level English class this year. Jan insisted on trying her best to relax in a subject that came easily to her. As for math, science, history, and art? Advanced Placement or Honors only. My GPA will rock a university's socks off. She thought with intense determination. In all actuality, despite how hard she tried in school and how well she did, Jan had absolutely no clue as to what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Sure, she pretended around her parents, but no real goal or aspiration had hit her yet...

"Zane Quinton?" The teacher paused to wait for the boy's reply.

Zimmerdale

Old 09-27-2013, 04:05 AM

((Haha alright and yay thanks! And I like Janice. She's likable.))

Zane softly smiled to himself as the J girl called present as the girl named Janice. Jan is too ugly, he thought to himself, staring at the back of her perfectly-made-up hair. It suited her though... But then again, why did he care? He turned his head and looked out the window at the school's back lawn that looked over the creek behind the building. The morning's sun glimmered off of it just enough that it caused inspiration to bubble up inside of Zane, but to anyone else, he looked completely unreadable.

And then he heard his name being called. Everyone in the room looked at him, a few not even caring as the texted away at their shiny new smartphones. He turned his head and looked over at Mrs. Tommlin.

He raised his hand as the teacher's eyes fell on him. Sarcastically, he rolled his eyes and plopped his hands palm-down on his desk, sighing dramatically. "Come on, Mrs. T. You know me by now." A few students chuckled at him while Mrs. Tommlin just looked annoyed. He turned to the class, flashing a charming, evil smile. "But I know most of you know me as 'Brute Brother #2' so it doesn't really matter what you guys call me."

"How about 'Failure'?" questioned a snarky female voice from behind Zane the next row over to the right. Zane turned his head around and rested his eyes on his ex, the none other Amber Evans-- school's biggest heartthrob and slut. What Zane ever saw in her, he'd be forever figuring out. To him, hot bodies never really mattered. He thought the girl had personality. Clearly not.

A comeback popped in mind immediately and he smiled sarcastically. "And what shall we call you then, Amber. 'Slut'?"

A few people gasped, a few others snickered at the smart comeback. He watched Amber's cold blue eyes flash with primal anger and he smiled triumphantly, turning to see an angry look on Mrs. Tommlin's face.

"Stop it, both of you," she hissed a little louder than usual. She sighed, looking as if she were composing herself. "I don't want you to be in here any more than you want me as your twelfth year English teacher. But you're here and you're going to deal with it. Now, being that it's only the first day, I'm going to let you two off with a warning. Next time is a trip to the principal's office."

When he felt the eyes look away from him, his smile faltered. I'm not a failure.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:27 AM

Jan looked up from her paper. The room got quiet for some reason. She followed everyone else's eyes to Zane. What did he say? "How about 'Failure'?" The voice of miss popular herself spoke up. Jan turned back to see Amber looking as flashy and confident as ever. A pale pair of pink glossy lips smirked on her pretty little face. She really was pretty, so most people tended to miss her terrible personality completely.

Zane's clever comeback only further egged on the disruption of class. Jan couldn't help but giggle quietly, though. It was true, after all. Amber always had a boyfriend on her. Some weeks, even two. Jan's smile faded , though, and she turned around. The thought reminded her of Katelyn. Jan was worried that Katelyn might turn into an "Amber".

I can't let that happen...

As class rolled back into business, Mrs. Tommlin began explaining a class project. Jan wrote as the woman spoke. "Now, this project is a big deal. This is the first year I'm trying it, so you'll all have to bear with me as a trial group. The total weight of the project is 50%." The class unanimously groaned. "Now, now. Its been done before in other places and it works, okay?" Jan looked up and frowned. This was not sounding like a relaxing class... Maybe I should try to switch into another class?... As she thought, she tapped her jawline with her yellow number two pencil. "We will be revisiting Shakespear and relating some of his works to modern times. I'll have packets to hand out tomorrow. In the mean time, be mulling over your favorite Shakespearean pieces." Jan sighed in dismay. She was just a sucker for Romeo and Juliet.

Her hand shot into the air for some reason. "Yes, Janice?" She cleared her throat. "Like I said, you can call me Jan if you want. Uh, anyways, this project. What is the length of time it will take, when will it begin, and are we working alone?" You could just hear the eyes rolling behind her. Jan paid no mind, though.

"Very good questions, actually." Mrs. Tommlin gave stern looks at a few people. "The project is the entire duration of the year. I'll be giving out weekly expectations. That's how I know you're doing it. The quality of it all is what I grade at the end of the year. Its beginning right now. First assignment: Think of your favorite Shakespearean pieces. Plural. And no, unfortunately, you will be doomed to pair up for this assignment. So, everyone get a buddy in mind... because I'm going to assign pairs randomly tomorrow." Everyone groaned, again. This time, Jan even chimed in.

There was nothing worse than having to work with someone else on an important project. Jan just wasn't a people-person. That's what she had Katelyn for, exactly. She twisted the end of her braid on her index finger. This was going to be a difficult class...

Zimmerdale

Old 09-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Zane groaned at the news of this new "important" project. One thing he definitely had never looked forward to when it came to his senior year, "important" projects/essays/whatever that were "important" to his grade. It just felt as if it made things all the more difficult. He was already planning it out in his head. Project now, slack later. Or maybe he'd be doomed either way. He had no focus, no motivation to give a shit for any of his school work. That is, unless it was done in class. Once he was home, not a thing was school was allowed to sit in one piece in his house.

He looked around the room, hoping that there'd be at least half of the number of people in the room he either talked to or didn't mind. He felt even more less thrilled about the project when he realized that there was no one he enjoyed the company of.

This is what I get for agreeing to take an AP class, he groaned inwardly.

There was absolutely no way he'd be able to graduate this year, he decided. He slumped back in his chair. This first day of senior year wasn't going the way he wanted to.

"Now. When I've already worked on pairing you all up," Mrs. Tommlin went on as Zane watched her bring forth a cheap top hat from behind her desk. How original.

He tuned her out, waiting only for her to call his name. And when she called his name...

"Janice Holderfield will be with Zane Quinton..."

Zane straightened his back in his chair, his eyes widening as he stared before him at his partner for the project. Great, the girl who was obsessed with her school work.

This year was going to be a complete waste of time. He knew it.

"Just perfect, Mrs. T," he said aloud, clear annoyance and disappointment in his voice. He slumped back in his chair again and held his wooden pencil with both of his hands, breaking it in half out of frustration.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 PM

"Janice Holderfield will be with Zane Quinton..."

Those words startled Jan so much that she actually jumped slightly. When she turned around to Zane, she was met with a completely disappointed and annoyed face. How could HE be the one who was upset!? She awkwardly twisted back to the front of the room, dropping her pencil in the process.

Mrs. Tommlin ignored Zane's remark and continued to announce partners. A few people got lucky and were paired with friends.

Jan glared back at Zane again. It looked like people were beginning to talk to their partners about the project. She only hoped that Zane had read Romeo and Juliet. She knew nothing about him, after all. This was their first class together in their entire high school careers.

"What's your favorite Shakespearean work?" She asked, turning her chair around to face him at his desk. While she waited for a reply, she picked her pencil up from the ground and put it in front of him, seeing that he'd broken his.

Zimmerdale

Old 09-29-2013, 06:26 AM

Sonnet 130. "What?" he asked her instead of answering, as if she had just asked something completely and inexplicably stupid. Anyone who wasn't Trevor couldn't know about his love for Shakespeares sonnets. He thought back to the little pocket book of Shakespeare's sonnets back at home sitting on his night stand, all worn and crap.

He looked around at everyone around them, showing that he was annoyed as he saw friends talking excitedly about being paired together for this assignment.

He rolled his eyes, glaring down at her pencil and then back up to her. "Listen here, princess. You do all the work and I won't give you shit. That's a fair trade, if you ask me," he said as he sat back in his chair, looking down at her from his nose as he leaned his head back slightly, crossing his arms over his chest to show how little he really cared about any of this. He knew well that people would rather do work for him than get threatened to "be given shit" from him. That was how he had passed all of his classes.

His eyes scanned her. Yupp, I want nothing to do with her, he thought to himself.

He knew deep down he should wait before he decided how little he wanted to do with her, being that he wasn't really one to judge, but something about this girl instantly pushed his buttons, and he didn't like it.

Just one class, one period per day, I can handle this, he tried telling himself.

Last edited by Zimmerdale; 09-29-2013 at 06:28 AM..

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Jan willed herself away from groaning in frustration. Why? Why was this happening? In her senior year, no less! A required class! She could tell that Zane was just as annoyed and frustrated as her. However, Jan was much better at controlling her emotions than he was.

"Listen here, princess. You do all the work and I won't give you shit. That's a fair trade, if you ask me." Jan blinked in surprise. She didn't know why, though. Its not like she expected him to hold her hand and tell her his deepest darkest secrets.

"N-No." She swallowed hard. Jan reached into her pastel pink canvas backpack and pulled out a fresh new spiral notebook. She opened to the first page and wrote down 'Romeo and Juliet' at the top in her nice, neat, cursive handwriting. Trying to act like she wasn't intimidated by Zane was proving to be a difficult task. Any other class, she'd be more than willing to do all of the work herself. However, with five other AP classes, colleges to start looking for, and attempting to attend pep rallies, dances, and sports games, it would only burden her further. There would be no way that Jan could do it all herself.

"Maybe you haven't read or seen Shakespearean pieces... That's ok." Work-mode had be activated. She wrote quickly as she spoke, not making sure that he was listening, but hoping so nonetheless. "My favorite pieces are Romeo and Juliet, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Julius Caesar. They were some of his more popular plays." She looked up at him. "He also wrote a bunch of sonnets. Sonnets are like structured poems about love and romance." She looked back down at her paper. "I haven't read any of his sonnets, but I've heard they're good..."

As she came to the end of her writing, she examined the paper closely. It was basically each of her three favorite plays by Shakespeare and a short description of each.

"Have you seen any of these plays? I'm pretty sure they have movie versions. I like the book versions, myself." She ripped out the paper and wrote her name and number on the bottom. "Here. In case you need it." She turned the paper around to face him.

Zimmerdale

Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 AM

"I know what a damn sonnet is," he growled low, venom in his voice. He didn't want to attract any more unwanted attention from Mrs. Tommlin so he kept his voice low. He'd read Romeo and Juliet twice, but he didn't have to tell work-obsessed girl that. God, she looked so uptight-- like she's never relaxed a day in her life.

He took the paper, crumpling it up. He'd have thrown it at the near wastebasket, but he knew that eventually, he'd have to do something for this project to get Miss Uptight off of his ass, so he'd need her number. He stuffed it into his jacket's pocket where he kept his bike keys during school hours.

The school must have turned the heater on. After all, September mornings were never promised to be close to warm. He shrugged his jacket off, his built arms shown off and stretching the sleeve of his black tee shirt. He ran a hand through his hair.

"So. Romeo and Juliet," he said a little more calmly this time. "I'll watch the damn movie, but that's it," he said with a sigh when the bell finally rung. He grabbed his jacket and his books, making a bee line for the exit. God, he needed to find Trevor to regain some form of sanity. He didn't even spare a glance back at her as he was the first out of the classroom.

Trevor was found under the stairs on the farthest end of the first floor. That was where their friends usually hung out between classes.

"Whoa man, you look pissed," noted Trevor aloud.

Zane rolled his eyes. "It's one of those preps."

"Ouch," Trevor quickly commented, just knowing. "Who is it?"

He pulled out her number from his pocket. "Janice."

"Holderfield?" ask Trevor's friend Madeira.

Zane nodded his head and everyone made a noise. They seemed to all know her, but no one commented on having a problem with the girl, which was a first. Usually when Zane noted that he disliked a certain person from the preppy crowd, someone would have a problem with them. This was the first time no one voiced a problem about one.

Last edited by Zimmerdale; 09-30-2013 at 12:37 AM..

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 AM

"G-Good..." Jan nodded, glad that he would make an effort- no matter how small. She didn't say anything when he crumbled up the paper, even going so far as look away when he shoved it into his jacket pocket. So rude...

She looked back at him as he removed his jacket. She had to admire his muscles for a moment. He kept good care of his body, that was for sure. Jan shook her head and turned back around, sighing in relief as the bell rung. She shoved her notebook in her backpack and stood up, ready to be the first out of the class, but was beat to the punch by Zane.

She tightened her fists in anger. He was just so... "Rude." She muttered aloud in annoyance. With a huff of frustration, she shouldered her backpack and exited the room.

Later, she found Katelyn next to the door to the girl's locker room. "Ready for gym!?~" The blond's pep-filled voice could not lighten Jan's mood.

"No..." Jan grumbled. "Let's just get dressed for gym..."

Katelyn look questioningly at Jan for a moment, but knew better than to further annoy her in these states. She simply followed her friend into the dressing room as they picked out lockers right next to each other.

After they were both dressed in the school's unfashionable P.E. uniforms, Jan's mood only further plummeted. She couldn't help compare her body to Katelyn's. While Katelyn had large breasts, a very tiny waist, and round hips, Jan felt like a bean pole. She had the body shape of a small boy- that was to say, none... At least her hair was okay... At least she didn't have to wear her glasses... Thank god for contacts.

"The shorts look really good on you, Janny!~" Katelyn received daggers from Jan. "O-Or not?... Hehe..."

"Let's just get this class over with." She sighed as they stepped out into the gymnasium.

Zimmerdale

Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM

"Honestly, dude. I don't see what the problem is with that Janice girl," Trevor said as he grabbed a carton of milk from the freezer, plopping it down on his tray carelessly. It was finally lunch time and Zane had to admit that girl Janice sure put him in a crappy mood for the morning.

"I hate doing work, you of all people know that, but this girl...she's different. I hate it," Zane replied as he pulled out his wallet and handed the lunch lady three dollars for what was on his tray. He waited for Trevor to pay for his lunch so that Trevor could lead him to their new lunch table. Freshman had taken over their last one and Trevor wasn't all too happy about it.

Zane sat down and was opening his milk when he glanced across the way. "Dude, we're sitting in front of the prep's table? Really?" Zane glared at Trevor, who returned with a guilty look, shrugging.

"Dude, it was either this or the freshman-crowded courtyard," Trevor said as he plopped a poorly-cooked fry into his mouth.

Zane glared at him further, stiffening up from his frustration. "I would have been more happy with the flea-infested courtyard," he said slowly and dramatically.

Madeira, next to Zane, choked on her milk. "Dude, relax. As long as they don't bother us, we won't bother them. Now," she turned to the table. A few other people sat there that Zane didn't really talk to, but was friendly with and knew about, "I have Creative Writing next. Who's goin' with me?"

Zane's face reddened as he picked at his pudding cup. "I am," he mumbled.

The whole table looked at him.

"Dude," someone said to him.

A smile broke across Trevor's face, slamming his hand down on Zane's back brotherly. "Congrats, dude. You finally did it. Mr. Rainer is kick-ass. He never gives you homework so it's an easy-pass class."

Zane just shook his head. "If she's in the class...I swear to God..." He took a spoonful of his pudding and sighed, looking across the way at the prep's table.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Jan finished the last of her jumping jacks and smiled, wiping a bead of sweat from her forehead. "I feel..." She took a deep breath. "...Better." Katelyn smiled up at her from the ground where she was resting her "sore ankles". In all actuality, cheerleaders got away with not working out in gym class for whatever reason. Lucky Katelyn....

As they got back from the showers, Jan toweled off quickly and put back on her clothes just in time for the lunch bell to ring. "Yes! I'm starving!" Katelyn, wearing only a bra and panties, looked over, "You go on without me. I have a quick cheer meeting. I'll be at the lunch room soon."

Jan nodded, swiping up her backpack and merrily making her way to the cafeteria. It was chicken and fries day! Wonderful! After obtaining her lunch tray and paying for her food, Jan walked toward the table. It was weird to do so without Katelyn, so she had to--

Wait. Is that-? The instant she saw Zane, her bad mood returned.

Jan walked quickly past Zane and his group of friends, trying to pretend that she didn't see them. When she made it to the table, she was sure to face away from them.

"Why're they sitting by us?" One voice piped up at the table. "Probably just want to bask in our awesomeness." Another person chuckled.

Jan continued to ignore it, furiously dipping her chicken strips in ketchup and then shoveling them in her mouth. What was it about that guy that just gave her a bad mood? Thank god that she had easy classes for the rest of the day- Creative Writing, AP Art, and 3D Sculpting. It was a wonder sometimes that Jan didn't hang out with the art-kids at school. She gave off the vibe that she'd fit in well with them. The only thing stopping her from doing so was-

Katelyn pounced over and sat next to Jan. "I'm back!" Jan looked up at her with a mouth full of french fries. "Oh, honey, don't take such big bites." Jan cracked a smile and swallowed her food like a 'good girl'. "How was the meeting?" She asked. Katelyn only shook her head. "Same old, same old. What's the deal with that?" She nodded over to Zane's group in front of them. Jan only shrugged. "Dunno, maybe they like us now."

Katelyn laughed at that idea. "Silly, Janny!~" She cooed and gave her a big hug. "Give me some of your food!" Jan giggled and picked up her tray, "No way! Mine!"

Zimmerdale

Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 PM

Zane's eyes fell on her. He wrinkled his nose in disgust at the sight of the girl laughing and shook his head. He looked over at Madeira and Trevor. They weren't bothered and that just...ugh. Zane shook his head and angrily bit into one of the chicken pieces on his plate.

He then realized he had forgot his ketchup. He got up immediately and angrily stalked towards the lunchline, people in his way bugging their eyes out as they moved out of the way with him. He grabbed a few packets, nearly throwing his fifty cents at the lunch lady. He was almost back to his table when a hand cracked across his face.

The entire lunchroom went quiet as all eyes were on him and the red mark in the form of a feminine hand already forming across his face. He put his hand to his stinging cheek and looked to the side at Amber. Great. Another thing to add to my day.

"What the hell, Amber?" he yelled at her angrily. She defiantly didn't flinch as most people did when they were being yelled at by Zane.

"The next time you call me 'slut' in front of an entire class, you'll regret it," she yelled back at him, loud enough for the entire lunch room to hear.

"Why, because it's the truth? Bec-" His words were cut off by a punch to the jaw. Damn, the girl can hit.

Anger spread through his body, increasing his breathing as he stiffened. I will not hit a girl, he kept telling himself. Never in his life had he hit a girl. He intended to keep it that way. His eyes fell on his table. Trevor looked horrified and Madeira was mouthing for him to fight back with a pissed off look on her face.

He went to walk away when Amber grabbed onto his jacket, yanking him back. He immediately grabbed a hold on the hand that held his jacket, his grip tight, but not too tight to hurt her. No one touched his jacket. He looked at her and registered the hurt in her eyes. He immediately felt guilty.

He walked up close to her, leaning into her ear so that no one heard him. "Look, I'm sorry, alright? For call you a slut." He moved back slightly, seeing that she didn't look anymore violent, regardless of the hurt still in her eyes. Anyone would know that when Zane apologized, he meant it. "But you need to stop picking fights if you don't expect to be effected by it mentally. Think about that," Zane grumbled to her as he turned around and headed back to his table, sitting down and looking absolutely fuming with anger. Amber had pushed his buttons.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 PM

As the lunchroom fell silent, Jan and Katelyn's playing around simmered down. Their eyes followed the crowd's and met Zane being punched by Amber.

Jan's eyes widened. She knew what it was for. She did not know, however, that Amber was such a badass. Zane muttered something to Amber and the two went about their own businesses again. The lunchroom picked back up, but Jan couldn't help continuing to stare at the red mark on Zane's cheek.

"Wow, what do you think that was all about?" One of Katelyn's cheer-leading friends joined the group. Jan kept her lips sealed. It really was none of her business, so she wasn't about to go off starting rumors or anything.

Still, Jan couldn't help but to be curious. Amber and Zane must have had a thing at some point. Right?

Katelyn stood from the table and waved good bye to everyone. "I have to go to my locker." She announced. Jan stood up to follow her, but Katelyn shook her head. "Nah, I'll go by myself." Jan looked confused, but nodded.

When the bell eventually rang, Jan was the first one out of her seat. She just wanted to get to Creative Writing and hopefully have some way to relief her stress a little.

The teacher was a mister... "Rainer..." She muttered to herself, eyeing the schedule. As she found the room to the class, she took a seat in the front- as she always did. Then, the other students began to pour in.

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Zane spent the remainder of the lunch period chewing angrily at his chicken, hoping that calming down the hunger he had for lunch would satisfy him into calming down, but nothing.

He knew well where the Creative Writing classroom was, having it last year for one semester was somewhat of a plus. He walked in and was immediately noticed by Mr. Rainer.

"Glad to have you back in my class, Z," Rainer said warmly. He was always on good terms with Zane.

"I worked on writing for the prompt you gave me over the summer," Zane said as he pulled out a folded piece of paper covered in blue pen. he handed it to Rainer.

"Awesome, thanks man. I'll look at it during my planning period," Rainer said as he nodded to his class. "We have a full class this year so I don't know if we'll get to do much peer reviews..."

Zane looked at what students. Some he recognized from last year's class, but then his eyes stopped on Janice. Annoyance caused him to huff a sigh, but he had no anger left in him to feel with how much he had already been angry with this morning. But luckily the desk behind him was taken up by Madeira.

What made it worse was the desk to the left of Janice was empty.

"I'm sure you'll figure something out," Zane assured Rainer as he went over and sat down.

Madeira grabbed his shoulder, leaning over to him. "Dude, I had no idea you could be a teacher's pet."

Zane rolled his eyes, turning to her with a smirk. "You know Rainer's a cool guy."

Madeira chuckled. "I know, just messing. You really need to chill today," she said with some concern. She touched his cheek and Zane winced. "The bitch got you good," she said with half admiration. "Always knew that girl had it in her. You called her a 'slut'?"

"She called me a failure."

Madeira's smile was gone. She leaned back and picked at her black-painted nails. "Ah. I see." She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. "For what it's worth, she deserved it and you certainly didn't deserve that mark on your face. And PS," she leaned back to him. "A bruise is forming at your chin."

Zane put a hand to his chin, feeling the bruise, and huffed a sigh.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 AM

Jan pulled out a spiral notebook that would be for the class and smiled as she saw some familiar faces. At least this class wouldn't be a total bore! She tucked some straying black hair behind her ears and looked up at the teacher, waiting for the class to start.

Her smile faded when Mr. Rainer greeted Zane. Were they friends? What did that mean? Was this a bad class if the teacher was buddy buddy with a brute brother?

Jan was confused, so she chose to just ignore Zane- even though he had to sit so close...

While she waited for Mr. Rainer to start addressing the class, she pulled out her braid and began brushing through her hair with her fingers. She really wished that the school day would just end already. She wanted to go home and take a bubble bath and talk to Katelyn on the phone and just... anything not having to do with this moment.

Her eyes glanced at Zane every now and then, noticing minute things. A bruise was beginning to form on his chin, he was starting to get a bit stubbly, his hair was kind of messy, the black jacket was wrinkled in one place--... Jan shook her head and tied her hair back into a pony tail.

Please, Mr. Rainer, just start talking already...

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 12:32 AM

"Alright. Welcome to Creative Writing. My name is Mr. Rainer and if you've never had me or this class before, let me tell ya, you're either going to love it or hate it. You do hate it, I'm allowing you switch the class with study hall at the end of the semester." Mr Rainer held a pile of packets. He began passing them out. "These are your class syllabus and your new bible. Learn it, keep it, protect it."

Zane looked at the packet. He recognized it from last year, noticing some minor changes and some additions. First page was class rules, second was of the 4 main easy projects they get to choose from twice for the school year, and then two pages worth of vocabulary on types of short stories and small but important key rules of the stories they will be doing daily.

"Each day, you will be given an in-class assignment that will be due the next day. Being the size of this year's class, we'll start out with peer reviews on Fridays. Basically whatever project I give you the day before, we will be putting up on the projector and we'll read and review it as a class. For those of you not good with critiques, get good with them. They are important to get used to if you plan on pursuing a writing career.

You will have one group project in the second semester. The project for this semester is easy, which you'll find in the list of your projects. If you need help, come to me. This is why I'm here. But don't expect me to come up with a plot for your stories." He looked at the class over his black-rimmed glasses. "Today we're gong to do a small in-class project since it's a double period. You have the remainder of this period to write a scene, piece of script, poem...anything. Write me something. But no more than a page long. We'll peer review next period."

Zane wasn't surprised they already had work in here, but was glad it was something so minor. He pulled out a piece of paper and grabbed a pencil off of Madeira and began writing away.

//I feel like I'm god-modding the teachers. Feel free to create your own-- I apologize!

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 AM

(( Not at all! Its okay! Feel free to move along any other teacher or student if the situation needs it. c: I really like this RP. Its getting interesting. ))

Jan looked down at the packet in front of her. It seemed pretty big. Wasn't this guy supposed to be laid back? Where did she hear that from? Nonetheless, she jotted down a few key things from the syllabus onto a piece of paper in her notebook. Re-writing things was always a good way to remember them.

When it was announced that they already had work, she blinked in surprise. At least she wouldn't have to worry about being bored! What was the assignment again? Write something no longer than a page? Well that's a weird task...

Jan obeyed, though, flipping to a new page and beginning to write a poem.

Quote:
Lost in hope, lost in dream
Lost in you, lost in gleam
Lost in thoughts, lost in shuffle
Lost in love, lost in tussle
She looked down at the paper half an hour later, not believing that this was all she should come up with... My writing is so bad...

Mr. Rainer tapped a roll of papers on his desk and rolled up his sleeves. "I hope we're all done now. Let's go around the room and read what we've got. Remember, this could have been anything, so don't be shy. We'll be getting to know each other better than ever this year." The man pointed to Zane.

"How about you go first, Z? What've you got?"

Jan looked over at Zane and tilted her head.

(( I found that poem on poemhunter.com! There were so many good ones! Wow! ))

Last edited by KatMagenta; 10-03-2013 at 09:56 PM..

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 AM

Nervousness struck Zane. He should have known he'd have been picked first. He looked down at his paper, a poem. Maybe I should have written a scene, he thought to himself in regret, realizing how personal he had accidentally made this poem. He cleared his throat, picked up the paper, and read carefully and slow enough.

"The punch of a metaphor,
struggling for completion.
Realizing all the regrets,
mixed in with the idea of education.
A red sting upon the face,
stuck in among the acclimation.
Expecting to be another soul,
when thought impossible through deprivation.
"

He sat the paper back down on his desk, marking that he was finished. He ignored anyone's look but he felt Madeira at his shoulder, clapping for him.

"Alright," Mr. Rainer started with raised eyebrows. "Any reviews? Comments?" he asked the class.

Madeira didn't raise her hand. "I like how deep it was. You don't find that in poems written anymore. Also all the 'tion' words in every other line sound like they actually fit together."

Mr. Rainer nodded his head at Madeira and looked around the room again. "Alright. Anyone else?"

//I just randomly thought up a poem. My senior year, I took creative writing. So guess that came to some good use.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 AM

Jan could easily read into the poem. When he was done, she noticed the girl behind him showing her support. Madeira... Right? Jan tried to think back, but couldn't remember where she'd seen the girl before. Maybe just some other class from a long time ago.

"Anyone else?" Mr. Rainer looked around the room.

Jan felt like sinking into her seat. It was probably the first time that she felt nervous sharing in front of a class. Usually, she felt very confident in her schoolwork. This was different, somehow. There were no formulas or set ways to write creatively. Maybe she just didn't have a big imagination... Or guarded herself too closely...

A hand from the back of the class was raised and then another. Pretty soon, almost the entire class had shared their pieces. Except for Janice. And she wasn't about to make it otherwise.

"Last call. Anyone else want to share?" Mr. Rainer looked down at Jan, who looked away with a light blush on her face. "Alright. Very well. The bell is about to ring, so tomorrow I'd like you all to come in with a bit more courage. That's all."

Jan sighed in relief, glad he didn't make her go. As soon as she finished putting her things away, the bell rang. With a small smile on her face, she stood up and left the room, not looking at Zane.

AP Art at last...

(( I wish they offered Creative Writing at my school. They have journalism, but its just not the same. DX ))

Zimmerdale

Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 AM

Zane had been tense for the remainder of the class period. It wasn't until the bell had rung that he began to relax. He crumpled up his paper, grabbing his books as he got to his feet. He tossed the paper into the trashcan and wondered what class he'd have next.

"Good job, Zane. I feel like you'll be leading us off well this year in this class," Mr. Rainer said as Zane was halfway out the door. He was the last to leave.

He turned his head to Rainer and gave a curt nod. "Thanks," was all he said as he soon stalked off to his locker.

Once at his locker, Trevor met him there. "So first home game is Friday. You going?" Trevor asked him as if it weren't a big deal.

Zane furrowed his eyebrows as he worked at his combonation. "Why?"

"Because Madeira and I are going during half time."

"Since when did you go to the football games?" Zane asked as he opened his locker door, putting his morning class books away and grabbing his books for his next two classes. He glanced at his schedule to see what he had next. Sociology. He inwardly groaned. And then after he had Biology 3. Not too bad, he admitted. His morning classes were undoubtedly the worst.

"You mean to say you're not interested in the band playing? Or cheesepuffs and Mountain Dew Voltage?" Trevor asked him.

Zane closed his locker and began walking, Trevor following him as expected. Trevor had a point. "That'd be the only reason I'd go. And how long does half time last anyways. It'd be a waste."

"Please? Madeira and I don't wanna be the only ones there from our friends. No one else is going."

Zane rolled his eyes, climbing the stairs and growling at the Freshman before him to climb the stairs faster. "Fine. I'll go. I don't have to work at the tire shop that day anyways so I won't have anything else to do."

"YES! Thanks man." Trevor abruptly turned around and headed to his own class.

primadonna
I love Hot Pockets.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 AM

Jan was lucky enough to not have a job, but unfortunate enough to live without a car and other such teenage privileges. So, after school, she had the task of walking home to deal with. Usually, she'd have a club or something to occupy her time, but since it was the beginning of the year, it was either walk home or watch Katelyn at cheer practice.

And Jan wasn't about to get jumbled up with those cheerleaders. She already felt bad about being jumbled up with the popular kids. It was obvious that she wasn't popular in the slightest anyways!

As she walked, she got a text from Katelyn about seeing her tomorrow and smiled. Katelyn was really her only friend in the entire world. Seeing how Katelyn was really the only one who cared about Jan, it made a lot of sense.

' Good luck at practice! I bet you can't wait for the football game! :) '

She smiled and continued walking. She lived far enough away to be offered a bus, but Jan hated riding buses. They were very crowded and smelly and loud and... Jan shivered. Just the thought of a school bus gave her the heeby jeebies.

When she got home, her mom and dad were still out. She drug her feet up the stairs to her room and pulled out her diary to reflect on the happenings of the day. She'd kept a diary since she was ten; she didn't know how to stop writing in one.

She remarked that the first day was bittersweet and made a note of Zane- her very rude English project partner with messy hair and a wrinkled black jacket.