Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 02:31 AM

The small woman hopped through the trees with her head bent to look at the floor. She was frowning to herself, her brown waves bouncing around her with each gazelle like leap. She’d been looking for someone, tracking a hunter who she had a personal… message for. He had tricked the playful fae into delaying her, however, and she was unsure if she could catch up to him. She was a vampire but he was a half fae so he was fast enough to get away with her delayed.

She soon lost the trail at an inn, leaping to land in a crouch before the inn. She made a tch of annoyance as she knew how her coat flared out dramatically and how she looked like a story book vampire in that moment. She didn’t know why that always irritated her but it did, yet the coat had to emotional a significance to simply get rid of it. She stood slowly, adjusting her glasses as she peered up at the inn in thought. She could feel the fae magic flowing off the place, nearly beating down on her from the sheer amount of it. He could hide in such a place easily…it would seem this would be the place to stay…

She swept inside the building, glancing at the figure everyone had now been paying attention to. It had the same feeling as the inn, and looked very much like the person she most wanted to see but could never see again. She glanced away from the figure, knowing it had to be a trick and looking over the others even as she absently signed herself in. It didn’t seem to have a real formality about it…

She looked silently over the others a moment, noting that one was a half vampire. She always resented half vampires for reasons she would tell no one. A flicker of this resentment briefly hinted through her smiling mask but she hid it quickly. She couldn’t help how she felt but she wouldn’t show what she felt was her weakness.

((*Note she’s female and under the clothes you can tell, as you can see her coat and loose, ill fitted masculine clothing, and her hat make her appear male. Please be mindful of this))

Enyali stepped through the forest lightly, smiling as she heard the fae laugh and play. She thought they were adorable, not that she said it. Her rats were sitting on her shoulders, looking towards each sound suspiciously. They were intensely protective of her and unlike their innocent charge they knew fae could be dangerous. Not deliberately necessarily, but sometimes their child like nature made their tricks get out of hand.

En wished the rats would clam down and sighed as she shook her head. She thought they were wasting a beautiful day. Still she was getting tired and stifled a yawn beneath the shadows of her hat. She continued walking, debating setting up camp even as she felt the birds growing quieter. The blind woman began to walk slower when her rats squeaked to her softly. The communicated with her softly through the wind, her power allowing her to hear it like one would hear a normal speech. A building?

”Well.. I guess we found a place to bed down then..” Came her slightly gruff, androgynous voice. An old injury having hurt her voice box so she sounded almost like an elven male… almost. She entered, whispering to her rats so they would tell her where to check in. They soon communicated how and she went to check in, her eats twitching towards the sounds of people. She walked slowly, having to double check the air to know where anyone was located so she could avoid them. If they moved suddenly, of course, she would not be able to ‘see’ them move in time. She came just in time to hear the woman ask if the person was the building. What? Slowly the elf sniffed, realizing the building smelled like the forest... was this fea magic's scent?

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 08-04-2011, 02:42 AM

'Don't get too far ahead.'
"Don't worry, the fairies won't really hurt me!" was the response as the small draconic girl spun around, her simple blue shift splaying out to show her clawed, lizard-like feet. She tripped and landed with a 'thump', her spiked tail gouging small ruts into the dirt path.
'I told you to slow down, didn't I?' The golden wolf, standing taller at the shoulder than a typical one, nuzzled the girl's shoulder, sneezing when her flyaway black hair got in his nose. 'Rasah, why are we going this way?'
"Because!" Rasah said cheerily, bouncing back up, one hand going to the base of one of her small horns. Her fin-like ear twitched, picking up sounds in the distance. "Sunspot, you ask too many questions!" And with that statement, she spun around and skipped towards the inn.
'I do? You are the young one, I should be telling you that.' He followed her at a slow trot, she wasn't really going that fast, and they both slowed to a stop with the inn just in sight.
"Will they scream like the other people?" Rasah asked, suddenly nervous. She had a right to be, her appearance had been cause for more than a couple of mobs.
'If they do, we will just have to deal with it then. You know I won't let them hurt you.' Now that they stood together, if anyone was watching, they would see that he was large enough for her to ride on his back, should the need arise.

Last edited by Drakina; 08-04-2011 at 02:50 AM..

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 AM

(( Ienzo, I did not assume you were either.... But thank you for agreeing to work on it. ))

Louie's brow furrowed slightly. He.. he did say that, didn't he? Not welcometo but I am Gaia's Haven. Louie's eyes glanced away from the handsome man for a moment as two more guests arrived, managing to catch a hostile look on the brunette woman's face. He frowned, but shrugged it off, pale orbs turning back to Haven again, waiting the man's answer.

Haven smiled again as Belle spoke. "Why yes, of course I do. I would not have said it that way other wise." it said with a laugh. "Please allow me to explain. It is more correct to say I am an apparition, an image you have thought up that allows me to interact with you on a more personal level. My true self, the building in which you stand, was created by the forest folk over a century ago. I provide weary and worthy travelers a place to rest and heal while they travel through these woods." It said, looking to each person in the room as it spoke.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 03:25 AM

Sarah tilted her head as the building spoke, not quite as surprised as she should be. This explained why it looked like…. Him. She shook off the thought, glancing up at the apparition. Had it thought the one she sought worthy too? She pushed away the question, barely keeping from sneering at the thought. She said nothing at first, simply watching it a moment.

”worthy….. What do you mean worthy?” The brunette asked quietly, sweeping forward in a swirl of black coat. She gazed at the building spirit without fear or malice, in fact no expression was on her small delicate face. She appeared so harmless….

En listened more intently as the … building? Continued to speak. Her pointed ears twitched slightly, turning towards it as a seeing person’s eyes would. She chuckled softly, an image… well …. It seemed she would be the exception being blind. She whispered something to the effect to one rat, both of which had dived back into their usual hiding place so it appeared she was talking to her coat. She seemed not to know how weird she looked… or perhaps more importantly she just didn’t care.

KageShio

Old 08-04-2011, 03:45 AM

Haven turned to the Vampress as she stepped forward. "To put it simply, you believe in the forest folk. They are are dwindling in numbers and so are the people that believe they exist. I was built as a favor to those who do." it answered, the warm smile still on it's face. If it's visage discomforted any of them, it was not aware. It could not see the image it gave them, nor could control what it was.

Louie blinked a few times. Well, it all made sense then... it was still strange, but it was logical on a supernatural level. He leaned onto the table, placing his chin in his palm as he watched Haven a bit longer. Eventually, his eyes wandered to the other guests of the inn and he now took the time to study them a bit, making a few mental notes about each one.

Ramoguy22
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2011, 03:51 AM

[Sorry guys!I am so sorry for the delay but my best friend challanged me to a SSBB match, and it takes a while to decide who is the victor.]

Ramo smiled lightly at her as he looked fondly over the blade. "It was the last gift my father gave me...Before he..."He suddenly looked up, and took a deep breath. It had been years since the overthrow, but it was not worth speaking of. If anyone found out who he was, he would be killed. He smiled lightly back at her, and just shrugged. "Things happened..." he turned to the person who had entered, a middle aged man, dressed in a deep red. He was not of his nationality, meaning he was very safe here, it comforted him gently. He looked up yet again at Chesmai, and then at snowball, having nothing but the best of intentions.

Drakina

Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Rasah and Sunspot heard people talking, and the smell of food still lingered in the air, faint enough that Sunspot, at least, knew it had been a little while ago that the food had been made. He nudged her forward, gold eyes meeting her blue ones with encouragement.
"Ok, let's try," she said, stepping forward and knocking as hard as she could on the door. The place felt nice and stuff, but she was still nervous.
'It will be fine,' Sunspot said to her, the only person outside his old pack that had been able to hear him. She was precious that way, and he felt responsible for her from the moment he had lain eyes on her. he hadn't needed to hurt anyone too badly, yet, but he was prepared to do it. 'It will be just fine.'
Rasah nodded, a smile creeping back onto her face. He had never let her get hurt, or go hungry. He was even teaching her how to hunt, in her other, otter-like, form.

Last edited by Drakina; 08-04-2011 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: sp

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 04:12 AM

Sarah made a tch of disappointment in the Inn’s reason but said nothing. She merely nodded in understanding and turned, glancing towards the door as she heard a knock. For a moment she seemed to debate but she swept to the door, opening it wide. She stepped aside, leaving the door open for the two at the door.

”Hello…” She greeted quietly, glancing over the two. Her friendly mask was in place but inwardly she was merely curious. Her smile rarely reached her eyes, but that just made her smile seem all the more genuine in that it was always the same. This Inn attracted all types it seemed. She waved the two in with a wave of her hand absently.

The half elf tilted her head to the side, her ears lowering. She laughed again, finding something amusing. Considering she was half elf she wasn’t sure she should count. She was living proof that fae, if not fairy existed. She mused aloud, talking more to herself then anyone else.

”… Believe? Well I suppose I do believe in myself…” She mused it as almost a question, even putting a finger to her chin. She almost seemed to treat it as an existential question. She then shrugged, walking to a wall and leaning a shoulder against it. She listened to the others, quiet as always.

Last edited by Staria; 08-04-2011 at 04:20 AM..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-04-2011, 12:09 PM

There seemed to be a full house tonight in the inn; she doubted that the inn often had this many visitors at once. She certainly wasn't sure that the inn could accommodate so many people! What were they up to now - nine? Ten people? The inn had seemed more like a large cottage to her when she had entered than a, relatively, sprawling inn or tavern made to accommodate large crowds of people. If she thought about it, however, ten wasn't really a big number; maybe it was just her that was feeling uncomfortable with so many people around.

Wait, wait, wait. What had the older woman said? Forest folk? Did she mean..?

"Excuse me, did you say 'forest folk'? As in.. the fae?"

Drakina

Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 PM

Rasah gave a small squeaked "hi" as the door suddenly opened, blinking into the bright light, and the woman standing there. She didn't seem like a very nice person at first glance, like she wasn't happy with someone.
'It's fine, just go in,' Sunspot said, pushing her into the building. He herded her over to a table, helping her to climb into a chair. He was almost as tall as the table, but still fit underneath curled up.
Rasah squirmed in the chair, big blue eyes darting around the room, looking from the lady at the door to the person with the coat to the dark-haired guy sitting with a lady who had a big bag, to the other little girl and her white-haired ghost, to the boy with the red hair, to the man sitting with the girl, and finally to the person at the foot of the stairs. Her already large eyes widened farther, and she suddenly bolted from the chair, running to them. "MOMMY!"
Sunspot jumped at Rasah's scream, hitting his head on the bottom of the table. He scrambled out from under it, looking at who Rasah was running towards. ~That's not her mother... that's not even a female...~ 'You look like one of my old packmates...'

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 AM

He panted softly, leaning heavily against the tree. Hands clutching at it, fingernails almost digging into the bark for support. The pain, it was so terrible it nearly brought tears to his amber colored eyes. His long braid of dark blue hair lay hanging over his shoulder as he clung to the tree and panted. Waiting for the pain from the change to subside. It was so much worse than before. Krinn closed his eyes tightly for a moment. He had decided to change from wolf form to human form when this cozy Inn had come into sight. It smelled odd, even from this distance, but he didn't let that bother him. Food and a bed was what he had wanted, right now though, he only wanted the pain to end.

How long had it been? He couldn't remember, a very long time, he was sure. Krinn had stopped aging a long time ago, cursed to be an immortal being. Really he had been cursed to be a wolf. Blue fur and amber eyes, for many long years, that was what he had been. A blue wolf with a human mind, and the ability to speak. A were-leopard had some how, corrupted, his curse. It had been their love for each other, the leopard had often told him. So Krinn had gained the ability to change back to his human form. How marvelous that had been, though full moons often forced him to stay wolf. That had also been a very long time ago.

Now he followed a cold trail, and he had been following that trail for a long time. His lover was gone. Vanished in the blink of an eye, but for years and years, Krinn refused to give up. Refused even now to give up. His time was running out, one day soon, he knew, he would no longer be able to change from wolf to human. He would once again be the way he had been before. A human cursed to be an immortal wolf. Of course, he could be killed, but so far he had done a good job of survivng. His desire to find his lost mate was mostly to blame for that. Krinn could feel it though, feel it now more than ever. The pain had started only three short years ago, every year it seemed to intesify. Today it was worse than it had ever been before when he changed form.

In a few short years, Krinn knew he would never resume his human form. That was alright, he would continue to follow this cold trail to find his mate. He would never give up on that. He had to know for certain if his leopard was alive or dead. Though he was sure the creature was dead. Hundreds and hundreds of years had passed him by in his search.

Krinn inhaled deeply, the pain mostly subsided and he straightened a bit. Tossing his braid over his shoulder so that it could sway across his back as he moved. Upon reaching the door of the Inn, he hesitantly entered. Amber eyes dancing this way and that, and he inhaled. Taking in all the new scents of this place. There Krinn stood, just a bit to the side of the door. Hesitating.

][sorry that's sooo long. If there's anything you don't understand about it. PM me and I'll try to clarify things better. But this looks like a fun place, and always when he changes from wolf to human his clothes change with him. >.>; it's just easier that way lol.][

KageShio

Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 PM

((Apologies, everyone. My internet had been cut off for a few days.
Hello Kry, good to see you again ^^ Don't worry about the post, I like them lengthy. ))

Haven glanced over to the blind woman a small smile appearing on it's face before it turned to look to Belle once again, smile widening. "Yes, that's exactly who I meant. The Fae rule this part of the woods. Did you not notice?" it said.

The words barely left it's mouth when the door was opened wide, letting the small dragoness and the golden wolf inside. After a single moment of silence, the girl rushed forth, Haven catching her in open arms. It gave a small, sad smile as it looked down to her. "I may look like her, sweet one, but I am not." it said, voice low and soothing. It always saddened Haven when the guests see it's apparition as a lost loved one, and it was even worse now because she was just a child. Like the Fae that built Haven, it had a soft-spot for children. It sighed and crouched down before the girl, placing a hand on her shoulder as it spoke quietly to her.

"I am just a picture of her, one that can talk and move, a magic picture. I am not truly your mother, but I can take her place as long as you are here." It said, phrasing the situation differently so that her young mind could understand. Haven then turned to the golden wolf, responding to him in the same manner in which he had spoken. ~I am merely an apparition, and I take the form of whatever your subconscious decides so that I may physically interact with you.~ It explained, the mental speech a bit choppy as it tried to mimic the wolf.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM

"I must not ha--.."

Belle's response had been cut short by the little girl running to embrace the .. apparition, it seemed. Well now! This was certainly becoming interesting. The inn was certainly becoming crowded as the evening wore on; how many people were in the room now? Seven, nine? More? She was starting to feel a little nervous about the sheer amount of people present.

But more importantly the older woman - apparition, whatever - said that there were Fae folk in these woods! How had she missed the signs? Was she really that oblivious? She munched on the trail-mix bar with a thoughtful expression while the others did as they willed.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Sarah

Sarah watched in silence, frowning at the small girl. She had a soft spot for children, despite her vampiric nature and she knew it would hurt. She glanced away, biting her lip. She didn’t want to watch. She didn’t’ want to see the inevitable. She looked for a distraction and heard one outside. There was someone out there…

As she mulled over why it looked like the man she desperately wanted to see she walked to the door, her coat whispering around her. She opened the door slowly to see a man. He reminded her of a prince she’d once seen in his appearance. She didn’t know why this surprised her but it did dearly. She motioned to let him in, watching him silently from beneath her brownish hair.

En

The blind woman, being unable to see and having been born blind was vaguely confused a moment. Picture? Oh yes, Another thing of those with site. She shrugged at the thought, frowning at the idea of a heartbroken child. Still she said nothing more, simply perching on a nearby chair with her hat still low on her face and her ears.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Krinn was frowning only slightly. When the woman motioned to let him in, he still hesitated a few moments before stepping in. Quietly he had entered, his eyes sweeping over the room he had come into. Sweeping over the people there. A soft gasp left his lips, he was watching the girl who had rushed in before him. Watching her hug the apparition in the room. A creature who took the form of the very person he was trying to find. For only the briefest of moments, Krinn's heart filled with happiness. Indescribable joy, but as soon as it was there, it was replaced with sorrow once more.

Shaking his head, he reached up to rub at his eyes. No. The thing still looked like his lost lover. His hands lowered, hung limply at his sides. His lips only slightly parted as Krinn stood there. Trying hard to figure out how he felt about being tricked in such a cruel way. Faeries. Faeries were always trying to play tricks on people, and Krinn had found that this forest was full of the tricksy things. "..You...Why do you look the way you look?" His voice came out shaky. Breathless almost. Krinn was terrified that this was no trick of a faerie, he was terrified that this was the soul, the ghost of his mate. Krinn had taken a few shaky steps towards the apparition, but still he seemed uncertain. He didn't know what to do.

Drakina

Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 PM

"You... aren't?" Rasah asked, listening intently to the person who looked like her mother. A moving, talking picture? "Oh," she said, sadness in her voice. "Well, a picture is better than having nothing, right?" She smiled brightly, playing with the hem of her tunic. "And I'm really glad that no one here seems to want to hurt me, it's always scary when that happens," the girl continued, still trying to understand how the picture knew it wasn't really her mommy.
'An apparition? That does explain why you look different to me and Rasah. I am Sunspot, and it seems as if we will be spending a while here,' the wolf said, giving Haven a sort of nod or bow. He trotted up to Rasah, pushing his muzzle underneath one arm, much like a dog when they want attention. 'Do you understand what they said?'

I made a better picture of them! Rasah and Sunspot

Last edited by Drakina; 08-09-2011 at 10:29 PM..

KageShio

Old 08-10-2011, 01:35 AM

Louie's head spun as he watched the on-goings of the enchanted inn. So many seemed to be reacting in a way that they were hurt, as if they were seeing something that wrenched their hearts. He could understand how it was happening, Haven had said it was the person's thoughts that determined the way it looked, after all. Surely the fae that made Haven would have known something like that was bound to happen. How can this be a place of peace if some of the guests see something painful every time they look at the apparition?

He let out a sigh and shifted to rest his chin in his other palm as he watched the newest arrival's expression rise and fall. Louie couldn't help but feel sorrow as the man's voice trembled, his own chest tightening as he watched the pain spread from the handsome man's amber eyes outward. Did the Fae just not care that much for those they called "worthy"? What was the point of showing gratitude to them if they way they do it can cause harm?

(( Ok, now the fun part. Haven is going to reply to Rasah and Krinn at the same time XD let me know if this confuses anyone, I shall work on refining how I portray this happening. To those that Haven is not directly talking to: it is up to you which interaction you see.))

Haven turned to Krinn, a soft, saddened smile on it's face. "I am only as your subconscious portrays me. I can see that my visage is disturbing you and I am sorry." It paused for a moment, letting out a bit of a heavy sigh. "I still do welcome you to stay, everything is offered free of charge so please, rest for a while." it said, spreading it's hands in a peaceful, almost pleading gesture.

----------------------------

Haven smiled warmly, patting Rasah's head between her horns, chuckling lightly at her childish optimism. "Yes, I suppose it is, isn't it?" It frowned slightly at the mention of others hurting the dragon child, but quickly replaced it with a smile once more. "No one here will hurt you, little one. You are safe as long as you are here."

It turned to Sunspot as he trotted forward again, once more replying shakily in the same manner with a smile firm on it's face. ~You are both welcome to stay as long as you like.~

Drakina

Old 08-10-2011, 03:41 AM

Rasah's face broke into a grin. "That's good! Sunspot doesn't like people hurting me, and he gets really weird about things sometimes," she said, hands clasping behind her back as she started rocking back and forth. A sudden thought struck her, and she paused in her movement. "What do I call you?" Her question was nearly drowned out by the loud rumble her stomach gave. She looked surprised, glancing around before realizing it was her and blushing slightly.
'You are always hungry! And it would not be a good idea to take you out hunting after walking all day, and I do not trust the other people here,' Sunspot said, glancing around the room. At least two people smelled colder than living people should. 'I know that we are not supposed to be harmed while here, but I still do not trust them.' The last was directed at Haven, almost apologetically.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 04:16 AM

Sarah

She had been simply focused on ignoring them until she heard the rumble. A sigh escaped her, she always felt motherly despite her inability to become one. She could not ignore the child now, no matter how she wanted to. She simply walked forward, holding out a hand to the little girl. Looking at Rasah she could not see the dragon part, only the child. She was always blinded when it came to children…

”come… I will make you something.” She said with a colder firmness then she meant to. She gave the girl a gentle smile, however, not realizing how her voice sounded from centuries of practice. It had been so long since she could be warm part of her wasn’t sure how..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 AM

Krinn's eyes stung. When had the tears started? He wasn't sure, he only knew that they were falling now. One hand rested over his heart, the ache there was terrible. There was his mate, yet not because it wasn't him at all. Just..something wear his appearance. How cruel. His other hand covered his mouth, Krinn took a step back. Then he took two steps forward, the hand over his heart reaching out towards the apparition, as if he wanted to touch it. To feel how solid it might be.

It would seem that Krinn took no notice to anyone else in this place. Didn't hear them, didn't really see them. He knew the others were there, but it didn't seem to register yet. He was still wrapping his mind around this. Caught up and swept away by what stood before him. "...Please..." He breathed the word, shakily, uncertainly. It wasn't him at all, but there he was only inches away. The tears were still falling. Running down his face, racing down his cheeks. Krinn's hand was still reaching out towards the apparition.

Drakina

Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Rasah's ears twitched a little when the lady who had opened to door spoke. She opened her mouth to speak, but another low growl cut her off.
Sunspot placed himself firmly in between the woman and Rasah, the low growl coming from him. He made no attempt to bite, just stood there, glaring at the woman.
"Sunspot, she said she would make something!" the girl said, grabbing handfuls of his fur and pulling back. He didn't budge. "The picture said no one would hurt us, so stop!" The last part steadily got louder, almost a wail on the last word. The wolf's ears flattened, and he swung his head to stare at Rasah.
'She smells dark, and cold. She cannot be natural, smelling as such,' he replied, ears still laying against his skull. 'I...' Ha almost seemed to shrug his shoulders, growl gone quiet. 'Fine.'

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 PM

Sarah

She looked at the beast coldly, not saying a word. She was tempted to use her powers on the beast, not one ot suffer under attacks lightly. Before she could do anything even if she gave into temptation the girl interfered however, and she forced herself to give her a warm smile. She was not a door stop but she would forgive the creature now for the sake of the girl and simply took the girls hand gently. She began to lead her to the kitchen.

”What do you enjoy eating?” She asked cheerfully, looking over the ingredients in the kitchen and familiarizing herself with all the locations of the pots and pans. She even found an apron and put it on, the kitchen tasks being the one domestic area she was familiar with… and even enjoyed. She loved to cook, she hated anything else, but food always intrigued her. How one little ingredient could change everything…

Enyali

En could hear the man’s voice breaking and pity entered her. It seemed her lack of sight was for once truly a gift. She twitched her elven ears, following the sounds to Krinn’s side. She would place one calloused hand on his shoulder, though not being a particularly dainty thing the touch was as light as a feather despite her skin. She had the hands of someone who worked to hard.

”… it has a habit of taking the form of what the seeing want to see it seems… It has no control over it. It does not mean to hurt you… but neither is it connected to whoever your seeing. I’m sorry…” She said quietly, trying in her own inept way to comfort him. She was frowning beneath the shadows of her hair, unsure. Her heart had never truly loved but she still knew pain.

Drakina

Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 PM

Rasah let the lady take her into the kitchen, Sunspot following, grumbling quietly. "I like a lot of things! But sweet and spicy are my favorites," she said, ignoring the wolf. "I'm Rasah, what's your name?"
Sunspot walked over to a corner of the kitchen where he thought he might be out of the way, but still be able to watch the woman and Rasah. She was too trusting, could so easily get herself into trouble... And he tried his hardest to keep her out of it. How long had they known each other? More years than it took one of his kind to grow up, for certain. But she was a different race, he had known she would take longer. But how little had changed about her!

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 PM

Sarah

”My name? My name is Sarah. ” She said absently, looking at the ingredients that were in the kitchen. The first thing that came to mind was sweet and sour Thai style rice with chicken so that is what she began to cook. She worked quietly, a small smile on her normally pouty lips as she enjoyed her work. She had always enjoyed taking care of children.. Not that she would admit it.

”How old are you Rasah?” She asked as she waited for rice to cook and chopped the veggies. She figured she may as well keep the girl talking. This way the child could not be upset about the apparition. The fay had not meant to be cruel she was sure.. But sometimes to fill one’s hearts desire hurt worse then any other pain.

Drakina

Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM

Rasah blinked when Sarah asked her the question. "How old am I?" She thought a moment, turning towards Sunspot as she did. She truly did not remember. She had lived with her kind, until the Great Sleep, and then she had slept with them for a long time. But she had woken before anyone else, and wandered off, meeting the wolf pack eventually, and bonding with Sunspot somehow. And now they had split off from the pack, had been wandering alone for... years? "Sunspot, how old am I?"
'I truly do not know how old you are, child, but you have not changed much on the years I have known you,' he replied. 'One might even say you have not changed at all.'