.~.Secret.love.~.
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to .~.Secret.love.~. Send a message via Yahoo to .~.Secret.love.~.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:24 AM

Have you read this short story?
You can find it online.
I read it and I loved it.
It might be a bit slow but I had to do it for a report.
However I've had some of my friends read it and they don't think it's so great.
So what do you think about it?
If you've read it.
If you haven't and you want to...
The link to the story.
It's written by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
And is about a womans decent into madness...

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 AM

i have read this in school
this story is a little bit confusing but you kinda get the hang of figuring out what they mean
i liked it
i am not really sure if its really a book its really short for a book
its a short story
but i guess you can out it under books

.~.Secret.love.~.
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to .~.Secret.love.~. Send a message via Yahoo to .~.Secret.love.~.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:41 AM

I was a little confused at first until I got the meaning of it. Then I had to pick it apart and tell everything about it. I think my favorite line out of the book is
Quote:
The color is hideous enough, and unreliable enough, and infuriating enough, but the pattern is torturing.
You think you have mastered it, but just as you get well underway in following, it turns a back somersault and there you are. It slaps you in the face, knocks you down, and tramples upon you. It is like a bad dream.
I'm not sure why i like it so much...
>.<

EternalHearts
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to EternalHearts Send a message via Yahoo to EternalHearts

Old 12-27-2007, 05:00 AM

I read this a while back, and while I will probably never read it again, it was a really intriguing story. It took a while to get into it, but it drew my in, kind of like how the wallpaper drew the main character in. Very intriguing indeed, maybe I should give it another read sometime...

The Librarian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to The Librarian Send a message via Yahoo to The Librarian

Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 PM

• I read it a long time ago, when I was doing independent research on color and it's psychological effect. Definitely an interesting read.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Yellow wall paper was a good required reading for me. the symbolism and the read was decent, though I do prefer fiction to it at all times. Also though it's effect on the girl and the descriptions were great with the imagery. I think I wouldn't read it again, but I might have a better appreciation had it not been done by a bad teacher.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-27-2007, 10:24 PM

Not exactly my favorite story, but I remember being impressed as I read through it. Unfortunately, my experience was ruined by the English teacher I had at the time. Between the method he made us go through of reading it in class, and the arguments I had with him about the writing, it's not the most pleasant of memories.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-29-2007, 04:36 AM

I had to read this story for an English class in my senior year. At first it seemed really slow and stupid but then it started getting really interesting. I tried to get some other people to read it too but they were discouraged by it's length. I think it was interesting but I don't like absolutely love it or anything...

Lord Orpheus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 AM

I've heard of it through a friend who did a project on it... Didn't really sounds that interesting... Makes me think of psych class... >.>;

teh caustic
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2007, 04:38 AM

Ohhh, I've heard of that from someone in a class of mine. :] I forgot about it though, and I really wanted to read it too! I like psychological sort of stories so I'll have to remember to read it this time. xP