ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2007, 06:55 AM

actually, its not about the romans, but about the battle of thermopolys (spsp), in which 300 spartan warriors fought off the persian invasion into greece. X3

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
@Azure - Nope never see it.

@Crazy - Oh the cruelty of the human heart. -.-

Two whalecow siggys... I must get myself one. xD

golden hairpin?

Yes, truely. My brother is sort of like that. He just sees animals as something to be tossed aside like an empty cereal box. I'm not so foolish as to think my animals are on the same level as my son, but I do love them with all my heart and do whatever I can for them because they do so much for me.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
  • ooh question for everyone who read this thread atm, does any1 saw 300 (movie)? tell me what its about without spoiler and such? worth to watch? :o
It was awesome!

Do not except greatdialouge. Remember the Spartans were not to keen on the learnins.

Also, do not except anything historically accrute, well it is enough, just taken out the gay loving and the proper armour they wore.

Also, they took away the Thermopolites, who were massively useful in the actual battle.

But pretty much if you know what happened at the actual Battle of Thermopyla, then you know how the movie is going to end.

It is visually very beautiful!

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Edit:DAMN! Too soon!

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyBombay
actually, its not about the romans, but about the battle of thermopolys (spsp), in which 300 spartan warriors fought off the persian invasion into greece. X3

golden hairpin?

Oh my god ... you are so freaking smart ... a persian invasion into greece ... as far as my history brain goes, I get to shout out, I WAS CLOSE!! *giggles*

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 06:58 AM

Gold Hairpin?

Are you talking about me?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
@Azure - Nope never see it.

@Crazy - Oh the cruelty of the human heart. -.-

Two whalecow siggys... I must get myself one. xD

golden hairpin?

Yes, truely. My brother is sort of like that. He just sees animals as something to be tossed aside like an empty cereal box. I'm not so foolish as to think my animals are on the same level as my son, but I do love them with all my heart and do whatever I can for them because they do so much for me.
Yeah, some people are just cruel to animals. I love them too and understand what you mean about the whole level thing. *nods* but they have feelings and shouldn't be just tossed out like that.

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashaHeartilly
Edit:DAMN! Too soon!

golden hairpin?

Perhaps, but that was a gorgeous image of a golden shamrock pin!!

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Quote:
  • ooh question for everyone who read this thread atm, does any1 saw 300 (movie)? tell me what its about without spoiler and such? worth to watch? :o
It was awesome!

Do not except greatdialouge. Remember the Spartans were not to keen on the learnins.

Also, do not except anything historically accrute, well it is enough, just taken out the gay loving and the proper armour they wore.

Also, they took away the Thermopolites, who were massively useful in the actual battle.

But pretty much if you know what happened at the actual Battle of Thermopyla, then you know how the movie is going to end.

It is visually very beautiful!
well pretty much everything we know about the battle of thermopolies (is this the sp?) comes from Heroditus's The Histories...and he was often accused of "embellishing" the truth by his contemportaries, so who knows if its the actual truth or not. XD

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

• Gold Clover Hairpin for AkashaHeartilly please? <3

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Thank you!
Was the first shamrock picture i saw I liked

Gold Hairpin?

Edit: I had to edit the picture so it would be a green clover!

chibiwizard
*^_^*

green stalkings

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

golden hairpin!!

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

haha damn XD

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:

Thank you!
Was the first shamrock picture i saw I liked

Gold Hairpin?
lucky girl. pretty picture and you got the page! Congrats!

chibiwizard
*^_^*

Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 AM

well i really meant leprechaun pants >.<

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 AM

Thank you!
I never hought I would actually make it to the first post. I have bad luck usually with things like this.

It's only when I do not feel like winning or gambling do i actually win.

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

• rofl, i shoved her into 1st post here 8D
    *yay me; shot*

ooh nice comments about 300.. i want watch it when it comes out in DVD <3

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

i'm planning on seeing it in IMAX... 8D

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
    *yay me; shot*

Dude, fuck that DVD shitte, seriously!

You need to see this movi in theaters. I think seeing it on a small screen will just take away from the visual beauty of it. It is a very visual movie, and needs to be seen on a big screen! Trust me!

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-19-2007, 07:04 AM

=O!!! Are we talking about 300?? GREAT MOVIE.

The graphic novel was amazing, but the movie was a great adaptation! I recommend seeing it in the theater! It needs to be seen on the big screen.

I might go see it again, it was that good.

ProdigyBombay
\ (•◡•) /

Quote:
Quote:
    *yay me; shot*

You need to see this movi in theaters. I think seeing it on a small screen will just take away from the visual beauty of it. It is a very visual movie, and needs to be seen on a big screen! Trust me!
IMAX babyyy 8D

Azure
(^._.^)ノ
Banned
n/a

• umm i would go for sure in theaters if they have closed captions since im deaf. ^^;

so yeah that why i prefer DVDs over movies theaters.. :(

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
    *yay me; shot*

I'm thinking I'd have to agree ... movies like this where they are supposed to be so visually stunning .. you really need to see them in the theater. I know watching the Lord of the Rings movies on the big screen was SO worth it, even though I did buy the movies, there is just something about seeing it on the giant screen ... so wonderful. And if you go during the week at an early afternoon showing, you should get a buck or two off the ticket price and the theater mostly to yourself.

.:Edit:.
Ah! The closed caption ... yeah, I have to agree with you there. I watch almost everything at home with the closed caotioning on. I'm pretty good at reading lips, but when the character is turned away from you or they are showing the other character for the reaction to the lines, you miss a lot.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 AM

Oh, I did not know.

Probably not. I have yet to hear about an closed caption movie theater.

If anything, the volume is loud enough to feel there, and the dialouge reall is not that great. Great material to make fun of though.