Caspian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caspian Send a message via MSN to Caspian Send a message via Yahoo to Caspian

Old 02-21-2008, 12:40 AM

This is a private rp for AntiOrder and Caspian, please don't post here, but do feel free to message either one of us if you're interested in an rp! <3

~*~

The park had been their home for as long as their little colony could remember. It was a small park really, large enough for a quick walk around with your dog if you fancied it, but not really large enough to properly stretch your legs. It was set near the centre of a bustling city and was surrounded on two sides by a fairly large number of houses set into a small cul-de-sac, a third side was occupied by a supermarket car park, and the fourth by the road that led to the large shop. Despite all of this urbanisation the park remained a beautiful reprieve form the madness of the city around it. There was a pond, not a large pond, but a pond none the less that was home to a number of rather noisy mallard ducks.

There were a number of beds of flowers, planted so that there was barely any time, no matter what the season where something wasn't growing, green plants for the colder months and glorious blossoms for the summer and spring there were three or four benches and a fairly large number of tree's that covered about half the park in their lovely deep shade.

One of the tree's however was a little different to the others, it was a maple tree with golden red leaves, a pretty tree it stood somewhat on its own, near the middle of the park at the centre of a cluster of flowerbeds. The tree was strange really, but most of the people that used the park didn't know that, they never saw the weird side to that tree, just that it stood alone; the tree you see was a city in itself on some level, the capital a kingdom to a group of very little people.

The large leaves of the tree provided a fantastic hiding place for the colony of faeries that made it their home. The Faerie queen lived near the top of the tree, in her opulent home that was as invisible to the human eye as she could ever wish no one bothered them there as the tree wasn't really a suitable height to be climbed, and the only problems that occurred where the occasional shake caused by one of the foolish big people kicking one of those round bouncing things in their general direction. The other faeries liver lower down, a few per branch, the main home of their colony was shared with their queen. They were a happy group who found delight in their paradise of a home, for to them it was hard to imagine anything larger than the park that their tree grew in.

One of the other Faeries was Caell, he was above average height as far as the faeries went and was proud to find himself in the position of head body guard to her majesty and her family. He wasn't really old, nor was he particularly young, and he'd seen plenty of action fighting off the darned pigeons that frequently tried to nest on their beautiful tree and steal the food that they all worked so hard to collect, that he had been fairly pleased to accept the higher rank, and slightly less violent job.

Caell was blessed with slightly tanned skin, a few lighter lines tracing over it showed the war-wounds he had sustained over the years, and a noticeable bump on his nose was evidence that a break, or a beak had at one time been there. His hair was dark in colour and fell down to about his shoulder in very slight waves when he wore it loose, which was fairly often, though it was most likely to be seen pulled back in a half ponytail to keep the front sections from falling into his eyes as it was want to do otherwise. His eyes were brown, quite a dark brown as well, if ever so lightly red tinted, and could go easily from gentle and soothing to blazing with heated anger if you pushed your luck with him too far, they fitted well in his slightly longer face, it certainly wasn't rounded, and any larger and his eyes would have probably looked a little foolish.

He was a strong looking fellow, at least by faerie standards and his shoulders were pleasantly broad, in his time he had had more than one woman swoon over him, two most likely as he wasn't exactly receptive to their advances, his mind was on his job and that was where it was likely to stay, he didn't have time for foolish young women and their dreams of love and marriage, he'd certainly not found the person for him yet, when he did it would most likely be a different story, but until then he was fairly indifferent.

Today, dressed in the dark red and very dark blue livery of the guards he was standing in his usual place at the queens side awaiting her wishes for him, His dark brown eyes were fixed on the door of the room and his hand resting on the hilt of his sabre like sword.. this was his job, to make sure no harm came to the queen and to follow her wishes to the grave if necessary. He was rather happy with it, especially as she seemed to like him enough not to send him out to be a scare-crow..uh.. Pigeon... he was usually simply told to tail her son if he was totally honest.

AntiOrder
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to AntiOrder

Old 02-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Aodh had always wanted to be an explorer. He had been an exceptionally curious child, always into mischief as he attempted to find answers to important questions, like; where does that branch lead to? What's at the very top of the tree? And most importantly what were the Big People doing with that gigantic round bouncing thing? As he grew older his curiosity only increased. As did his want for answers.

To date he had made five attempts to sneak away from The Tree, and the eyes of his ever watchful guardians, and explore the great beyond. The latest and most successful attempt saw him get as far as the next tree, were he'd met a rather excitable sea gull named Kehaar. He'd almost managed to persuade his new friend to let him ride on his back when his latest minder had caught him and dragged him back home.

On their return his minder had promptly quit. Vowing never to have anything to do with Aodh again, before storming off in a rather over dramatic and comic fashion. Aodh was glad to see him go. The stupid man had had his head stuck so far up his own arse that it was likely he could see daylight coming from the other end. His mother however had been less impressed.

Queen Fionnuala was a regal woman. She's been the ruling alone since the death of her husband, King Lir, ten years earlier. The good king had been killed in large attack by the pigeons, the same attack had penetrated right into the heart of The Tree and had caused massive devastation. Under Fionnuala's careful eye the kingdom had been rebuilt, and was once again prosperous. Before the death of her husband she'd had three children, all boys. The eldest and crown prince was Fiachra, he was a good strong, noble prince who would one day make a very good king. Her second was Conn, he'd chosen a career in the military, were he was known as a very able commander. Her youngest Aodh however was a little troublemaker, just like his father. He somehow always managed to find his way mischief, whether through jokes or his many 'adventures'. Truth be told Aodh, with his happy carefree attitude was her favorite child. However having to find yet another guard was troublesome.

Aodh was cute. There were few other ways to describe him. He was slightly on the short side, with a slight build. His fiery red hair fell mid-way down his back in a braid, except for the pair of thiner braids that framed his face. The most obvious features on his face were the pair of large, laughing pair of green eyes. He was almost always happy, he didn't really have it in him to be anything else, and when he smiled very wide a pair of dimple could be seen on either cheek. His skin, as is typical for a red head, was a pale white, with a light dusting of freckles over his nose. His large elaborate wings where a very pale colour, just the slightest trace of red to be seem. In contrast to his red hair he usually wore green clothes. He looked the very picture of the cheeky trickster.

Today he had been summoned before his mother, supposedly so some new idiot could be assigned to look after him. Why his mother decided he needed one he didn't know. They were always so annoying! Entering the room he was surprised to see only his mother and the new captain of the royal guard Ca... something.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caspian Send a message via MSN to Caspian Send a message via Yahoo to Caspian

Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 AM

Caell quirked an eyebrow very slightly as the door was opened and the young man that he knew to be the Queen's youngest son was admitted to the room. As was required he dipped his head in a respectful bow, not too low as he was really suppose to stay as unnoticed and unobtrusive as was possible for him to be with the large set of browny green wings he had, swallowtail style, with black patterning on them, they weren't especially ornate, but they'd never really worried him so much really.

The reason for the princes arrival here he couldn't really place, though he had a feeling it would possibly have something to do with the recent vanishing of his guard... it hadn't been that unexpected, the man had been a friend of his and frankly the young prince had been driving quite up the wall, Caell could understand this, but at the same time was of the opinion that the man hadn't been really firm enough with his ward, giving anyone too much leeway would always lead to them running a little wild, and sometimes boundaries had to be enforced more than some people were willing to.

Shifting slightly, his long black and silver tunic shifting in a slightly rustly manner Caell let his eyes flick around the room once, habit, just making sure that everything was okay.

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 02:47 AM

Looking up at the imposing figure of Ca.. what was it Caesh, Caight, what ever it was Aodh was instantly worried. His mother had told him he was getting his new guide today, but Ca... Cai as he would know be called, was the only one there.
He'd heard plenty of stories about the great captain of the guard. All about how he was a big war hero, who'd seen off many a pigeon. He'd also heard he was a real stickler for the rules, and was rather sticked with the men under his command. Saeki had told him all about him the last time they'd snuck off to go drinking together in one of the lower branch bars. He was altogether unacceptable as his new minder. And he would tell his mother so. Hopefully in a way which wouldn't end up with him spending another week helping out in the kitchen.
Walking over to his most esteemed and respected mother he quickly bent down and gave her a kiss on either cheek before standing back up.
"I thought this was about appointing me a new baby sitter mother. But I don't see anyone here who's up for the job. Only your favorite body guard" He said motioning over to the silent man behind the throne "Sorry but what was your name again, I can never remember. Actually never mind I'll just call you Cai, it's shorter and I'm far more likely to remember it."

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 03:24 AM

Caell raised an eyebrow slowly at the young princes rather lofty tone of speech, well now.. he wasn't entirely sure what he had done to incur the seeming displeasure the young man seemed to be showing, but fair enough, princes would be princes, he supposed and there was nothing to suggest that this one wasn't as spoilt as the day was long, he'd not after all been in this position in the palace for very long, the defences were an outlying post and one didn't hear that much news from within the palace walls while one was there.
"for reference Highness," he stated in a low, rather quiet voice, smooth yet low in tone,
"My Name is Caell, but as it stands you may name me as you wish.." he lowered his head, a respectful gesture though his voice had sounded anything but subservient, well mannered indeed, but not in the least demure.

A babysitter the prince was expecting though? This amused the warrior somewhat. The wording as it stood was the young man's own choice, and it evidently meant that on some level he saw himself still as some kind of child, or at least seemed to believe that was how he was treated.. oh dear.. if his own suspicions were accurate, young bring Aodh was going to be far less pleased with his mothers new choice as he was currently expecting, as there was no part of Caell that would be in the least willing to bend to the young princes will, nor to coddle him, if he broke the rules there would be consequences... that was the way royal life was and he would see to it that the prince didn't see fit to flit around The Tree ad lib.

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 03:47 AM

"Now Aodh, be nice! Caell isn't going to be your baby sitter, he's just going to make sure you don't get into anymore trouble. That last fiasco was most trying" The queen was quick to head off the impending argument that her hot headed son was bound to cause. "You will be behaved this time, I'm fast running out of people willing to look after you"

Aodh couldn't help the quick smile at the thought of the last couple of men who had attempted to make an obedient little princling out of him. Really though, why his mother didn't just give up and let him do his own thing, was quite beyond him. It wasn't as if his adventures hurt anyone and he always saw the most interesting things. Like those Big People walking about with strange yellow three legged things. He didn't have a clue what they were doing but it did look very interesting. It's a shame that not even he was rebellious to actually talk to the Big Ones. Hopefully he'd get answers from Kehaar when he snuck off next. The gull did seem to know a lot about such things, and he'd promised to take him up really high, to the clouds even.

"Is there anything else mother or is that all. I promised I'd meet Saeki so we could go riding together" Without giving his mother time for more than a quick farewell he dashed off to the stag beetle stable, hopefully before the big lug could catch up with him

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 AM

Caell rolled his eyes slightly at the young man's quick departure, disrespect once again, to his mother no less, he was suer however the favourites one would be more than confident that he could get away with such behaviour, regardless however there were things to be done here, royalty, for one thing, shouldn't be running wild around the lower district's. It was no secret of course that some were unhappy with the rule of the queen, how could they not be? An entirely satisfied society was almost altogether unheard of and was certainly not the case here. That and there were rumours that had come from a few tree's over that a certain relation, a sister, or half sister, it had never been entirely cleared up what the actually standing was, of their beloved Queen had some designs on her life that were most definitely less that sisterly.

All in all it was most certainly dangerous, far too dangerous really for the young prince, who could easily find his fate in an early death or a kidnapping to be wandering around on his own, though he was sure this information, at least for the most part had been kept from the young man. The Queen really wouldn't have wanted her sons scared after all, and there was no sense worrying them... only in the case of Aodh he was beginning to wonder if it might not in truth be what he needed, a little scare...

Shaking his head a little, and dropping a low bow to his Queen, Caell retreated from the throne room and swiftly followed the young prince, he knew he was faster than the young man, and he probably knew the routes around the castle better than him, for years he'd been keeping the place safe, in fact he remembered the day the young prince was born... he himself had still been a child though... but he remembered it well enough, heavens the crying would be in his memory for a long time... even the lower branches had been deprived of sleep that night..
With some effort, though not as much as he could have put into it, Caell was able to catch up with the prince in his bid for freedom,and being of the opinion that words would be wasted here he simply caught the young man by the shoulder, and with little more effort than he would have used to move a kit bag, he scooped the young prince up under his arm with the comment of,
"I think not your highness, I believe you have some work to attend to for your tutor in the morning..."

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 04:09 AM

Startled by his sudden change in perspective he spent the next couple of seconds stuttering ineffectually. However he quickly recovered his wits enough to actually attempt a response to Cai's actions.

"What the hell do you think your doing! Put me down this instant you silly man!" He said whilst wiggling in his grasp, hopefully he'd lose his grip. "Put me down right now, I'm meant to be meeting Saeki in a couple of minutes" What followed was a rather remarkable tirade of insults enough to make a sailor blush.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 04:15 AM

Well now, wasn't that interesting... was the first thought that passed through Caell's mind after spending a moment trying to keep on hold on his rather wriggly new ward. He'd held on to caterpillars that squirmed less than this one, and that was saying something.
The other puzzlement was where on earth his young highness had managed to learn language such as that, an it did honestly take the guard a moment or two to adjust himself to what had just been said.

"I think, young prince, that that... interesting display of worldly knowledge is reason enough for me to insist upon your attending to your studies before the day is to be continued as you yourself seem to have planned it... it is after all your mothers wish that you are as educated in mind as both your brothers were before you..." he was definitely making his best effort to keep a hold on the young man, nut he'd rather let him free than hurt him. His lot in life was to defend the Queen and her line, not to go around breaking their wings..

"I am certain your friends disappointment won't be life threatening now will it.." he stated in that same calm voice,
"And I'm sure some arrangement could be made for him to attend you here, as would most definitely be the proper course of action, don't you think highness...?"

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 04:34 AM

"Well can you at least let me go tell him that I can't go out with him yet?" Aodh tried to reason. After all wiggling was doing him no good and he wasn't quite prepared to actually start hitting the man. In fact he was actually proving to be rather amusing. The last person he'd given that particular tongue lashing the person had blushed and become rather awkward. He'd hoped it would work here as well and give him a chance to get away.

"Or maybe you could go tell him for me and I'll be a good little boy and go see Mr Tight Ass and see what incredibly tedious bit of my rather droll family tree he has for me to study today" There that should work. Just the right amount of sarcasm. With luck this would lead to one of those long lectures and provide enough distraction to allow him to slip away. As it was obvious that he wouldn't be getting near the stables anytime soon any other way. "And if you could tell Saeki to come see me as soon as he can that's be great too. He always makes my lessons so much more bearable."

Looking around from his new vantage point he started to notice all the strange looks they were getting as Cai strode past. If all else fails he could perhaps see if shouts or 'help, molestation' would help.

And speaking of molesting the man did have a nice butt. Aodh had to wonder what would happen if he groped it.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM

"I don't think letting you go anywhere right now is such a wonderful plan young prince," the guard stated, his face serious for the moment,
"I have no reason to trust you'd comeback as has been requested of you, I have to say, and as I said before, it is the Queen's wish that you are productive in your studies.." his tone was dry, not really lecturing, he was well aware the young man would have heard this time and time again, and he wasn't one for repeating old news, or using tried and tested methods that had constantly failed.
The reaction to the princes comments about his lecture content clearly didn't have the reaction he had been hoping for from his new watcher, as Caell's betrayed what his expression was obviously trying not to do, he knew the tutor, and he personally could barely stand a half an hour a week conversation with him, so he could entirely understand the princes lack of enthusiasm regarding being lectured by the incredibly dry old coot.
"I will go and find this.. Saeki.. for you." he stated,
"Once I know that you are well settled in you lesson young prince," his tone was as amused as his eyes were, though you will have to tell me where to find him, that's all.." he kept his stride purposeful as he moved towards the palace again, he was known by a number of the residents, and the guards all knew of his new standing within their ranks, so it was very unlikely that anyone would think.. well.. more than twice about the absurdity of the captain of the guard toting the Queens youngest son back towards his home in a far less than dignified manner.

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 04:12 PM

"Saeki'll be in the stables by now I think. We're so close can't I just come with you. I'll even go back quietly afterwards"

Okay so this new guy wasn't too bad. Maybe he'd let him have it easy for a couple of days. Maybe just a couple of little jokes, thought Aodh as he continued to be carried. Hopefully he wouldn't be too hard to get broken in.

"Anyway Cai would you mind too terribly putting me down, this really isn't a very comfortable way to be carted about. In fact it's making me rather ill. If you don't you may end up with a of a mess on that cute butt you've got there"

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-23-2008, 04:56 PM

The eyebrow quirked at that comment, unusual, definitely... but he decided that the best method for dealing with that response was to simply let it go, bringing it back up again could lead to a conversation that was certainly less than a comfortable one, the 'cuteness' of his own backside was not really a topic he was especially well versed in.
"I think its best if we just get you inside actually." he stated,
"And its not really much further, I'll set you down once we're safe and inside.." he couldn't shake the feeling that his royal highness would be quite inclined to make a run for it as soon as his feet were on the ground, and a closed door with a set of guards at it would make that escape that bit slower.
"I'll head back out and collect your friend as soon as you are well settled highness," Caell was as good as his word, he took the young man he was looking after back into the palace, and set him down by the foot of the main staircase once they were well inside,
"Now, You're up in your own study for your lessons I believe.." he stated, gesturing up the stairs,
"And I think you'd better run along of you'll be on the receiving end of one of the most boring speeches about tardiness you're ever likely to run across in your life.." He smiled at the prince,
"Go on then, hurry along.."

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-23-2008, 05:27 PM

Hmm, now that was interesting. Maybe Cai knew something of the old fart. However he'd probably be surprised at just how many such lectures he'd had on the matter.

"Hey, Cai. Saeki's the loud blond guy. You can't miss him, just yell pirates" With that bit of advise Aodh turned and walked slowly up the stairs. On his way to the study he stopped to ask a maid to bring him some of his favorite tea and some biscuits, if he was going to be bored he'd at least do it with tea. Making a second quick stop to pick up the books he'd need, and one that he'd really need. Just because he had to turn up for these lectures didn't mean he actually had to listen. He might just as well read something useful.

His new book was all about a fairy form The Oak who'd gone on an adventure and had managed to get himself into something called a Coffee House, where they had served a most strange drink that ha made the fellow very jolly. It was Aodh greatest dream to one day be able to write a book about his great adventures in the Big Open. And one day he would!

In the mean time he would amuse himself with the rather amusing thought of how his new friend Cai would find Saeki. The shout of pirate should manage to rile his best friend up enough to give a truly fantastic performance. If the man had been curious as to where his rather colourful vocabulary came from he was about to find out. I wonder if he'll still bring him up, not exactly the best influence for an impressionable young prince

Well if he didn't then he'd find himself pinned to a chair and forced to listen to the whole lecture as the princes new cushion. And at that thought he entered the study.

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2008, 04:17 AM

"I'll find him.." Caell stated as he watched his ward make his way up the staircase. He was pleased the young man was at least cooperating a little, even though he still felt uneasy about something, he couldn't however place exactly what it was he was feeling so off about.

Regardless he had his word to keep, and he had to at least go and inquire about this Saeki character, though he couldn't say he was really looking for that at all...
The stables weren't far away from the palace as had been pointed out earlier so it was only a short walk that was required to bring him down to them again and once there he took a moment to look around to try and identify who it was that he was looking for, blonde guy.. blonde guy... where was a blonde guy...

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-24-2008, 04:37 AM

What was taking them so long. Aodh had been sat listening to the monotonous drone for the last... five minutes. Maybe not that long but it sure felt like it. His tea and some sugar biscuits had been brought a couple of minutes ago and the combination of caffeine and sugar was starting to take effect, leaving him practically vibrating in his seat desperate to get up and do something. But he instead had to sit here staring about the room trying to figure what would be the best, most painless way to kill himself, or the idiot in front of him, either would work at this point.

He really wanted hoped they's be here soon, even if Mr Grumpy (as will now be known) was determined to stop him going out and having some fun Saeki would be able to cheer him, either by helping him prank the pair of proper idiots he was being forced to put up with today, or else helping him escape. He had been so looking forward to going on the ride this morning, it had been raining for the last few days so the bowel in The Tree would be full, and perfect for swimming in. Then they could have gone to the Sinking Barrel and got drunk. Bet Mr Grumpy would stop that too. Probably never got drunk that one.

And where were they! He was about to go insane. Surely it shouldn't take this long. Unless Mr Grumpy had been lying when he said he'd go to the stables. It was a good way to avoid this slow death by drone, and Aodh had only talked to him for maybe fifteen minutes at best. The bastard. Well just see if he'd get an easy time after all! The last idiot who'd done this on him had quite within two days, he gave Mr lying, grumpy, nice arse a week at most.

Good god can that man talk

Caspian
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 PM

Caell was actually entirely undeserving of the princes disdain, as he was currently waiting around the stables to see if anyone fitting the bill was there, sadly the stables were a fairly large area of one of the higher branches, and consequently it wasn't going to be the easiest job in the world to find one blonde faerie.
Finally he realised that unless he wanted to spend the rest of the day here milling around the stables he was going to have to take the rather questionable bit of advice the young prince had given him..
"Okay you damned Pirate." he stated,
"You'd better get out here now."

AntiOrder
*^_^*

Old 02-26-2008, 03:03 AM

I wonder what would happen if I just flew out that window. Aodh was bored. His tutor, Dagda, didn't even seem to need to breath as he droned on incessantly, nor did he seem to realise that Aodh had stopped listening to him somewhere close to the start of the lecture. His book had kept him occupied for a reasonable length of time, however his attention span, which wasn't particularly long had been depleted. A short bout of day dreaming later and he was contemplating escape.

He'd stopped expecting rescue from the Great Caell, who clearly wasn't any better than the previous idiots, just expected him to be spoiled little idiot, who couldn't be trusted to wipe his own arse. Fulfill his duties to queen and countries, and damned if he actually wants to live a different life.

Aodh was disturbed to note that his boredom was starting to descend into an internal wingeing session, and he couldn't be having that, hence the thoughts of escape. He could probably be out the window and away before Dagda even noticed he'd moved. And then he could go do something. Saeki had said there was a new ship due into the dock today, it could be fun to go have a look around the dock, as it came into port. Or he'd not been down to The Ground for a while. Maybe he could sneak off there for a bit. Both ideas had there appeal.

First however the escape. With great caution Aodh started repacking his bag, doing his best to be quiet and not attract attention. Slipping in the last of the biscuits, in case he got hungry later, he quickly tied it shut. While his teacher's back was turned as he made a couple of notes on the black board he silently stood and made his way to the open window...