PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-08-2020, 04:01 PM

Same! I predict a time skip will be coming soon though, considering the circumstances.

I wonder what Jayde will say, when he hears Harlan's questions?

Oh, I keep re-reading Hidden Oasis too! We had such a good start, though I think now we would write it much better. I would definitively change my characters appearance though... That pair looked quite similar.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2020, 08:28 PM

They almost make me want to write out the scenes because it feels so important to the story but at the same time, not. ^^'
Jayde shall be pretty blunt when I get around to replying though.

Ooh, i really liked hidden oasis. The characters could probably play off each other more especially knowing where the plot eventually went but it was a super neat premise and setting!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-08-2020, 08:41 PM

I know! I've never really written out scenes like that before, but they would warant it because their whole relationship started out as completely physical, so it would be interesting to see how new developments have affected things.
Jayde will be Jayde, I don't think Harlan expects anything else.

Yeah, and I could figure out a better reason/ story about why my guy was cursed to a humanoid form. But we left off in a spot where we could skip a few years, and have my guy come back with news about what he discovered about your guy's love. Because they still hadn't figured things out yet, considering where things were headed. They were pretty clueless, actually. But it all happened so fast ...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-09-2020, 02:53 AM

Haha! They really are both interesting characters and Jayde will always be his slightly bitchy-ass self.
I have rped smut scenes before but only a few times. I'm only used to writing that kind of stuff in my personal writing.

Very true. I don't remember exactly where we left off but we were aiming for a possible reincarnation angle, I think? Which was fun because neither of them knew about going in. XD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-09-2020, 11:10 AM

Reincarnation, yep. We left of with the dragon telling Reichet? that he would leave the forest to find out what happened to the guy, since it sounded like the guy had been involved in some kind of dragon worshipping religion?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Really? I don't remember that part at all! XD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-09-2020, 07:44 PM

I mean it's been a while, but the dragon thing was implied something about a god of fire and light?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-09-2020, 11:20 PM

Hm. I might have to reread that one. I can't remember if I saved it on my computer or not, but I think I did. Never did get caught up copying either of our current ones though.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-10-2020, 12:38 AM

I mean, we do keep adding to them. XD

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-10-2020, 01:10 AM

At a rather quick pace, I might add!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-10-2020, 04:21 AM

Not complaining about the pace at all! I'm always so excited to see a new post. :P

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-10-2020, 10:28 PM

It's so much fun! It's been a while since we got to write as much as this. I always think our rps are some of my favorites so I'm happy that we can be so active!

You might get a kick out of this. I've been wanting to make a request for new rps on my usual site for about a month now and finally got around to it. I almost never get responses and quick ones at that but overnight I got 8!! Now I'm like, oh god, halp....

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2020, 12:28 AM

The most surprising thing to me is ... they have absolutely no magic at all! But yeah, I do adore our rps. They always take such surprising turns.

Oh my ... Sounds like a case of be careful what you wish for. So what are you going to do? Pick and choose the new rps with care, or just grab them all?

And your usual site was ... what was it again? roleplay something?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2020, 01:03 AM

That's right, you write a lot of fantasy. I mean, I do too, but I really love a good rl story that has the same lush feeling as fantasy.

XDD Right? I've already said no to one and might to another but I'll probably follow through with all the others. I'm not creating any new characters and will probably reuse at least one starter so in the short term, it's pretty managable. I was getting bored with some of my older rps.

Roleplay repository.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2020, 01:29 AM

Writing our rps makes me realize that essentially, the characters and their relationships are the most important things of all.

Well seems like that boredom is going to disappear pretty quick! Any of them get your interest more than others?

Riight. Sorry for asking again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2020, 01:42 AM

Very, very true. You don't need gimmicks to make a romance interesting! (thought sometimes it's fun regardless). We should actually write more fantasy or sci-fi plots together.

That's for sure. I mean, I got a lot of vampire based interest. I have a bratty vampire baby that's always fun to write and someone offered me a rather sexy vampire character to write with that looks so detailed and realistic that I'm kinda in awe. It was kinda interesting to see which of my characters people most wanted to write with. I got a lot of requests to write with the same two characters.

You're good! XD

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2020, 08:52 PM

Do you have any in mind? And do you have the time? lol

Oh? Were the two characters people wanted to write with the most a surprise?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2020, 10:16 PM

I think I have the time since rping with you is the most worth it! As for ideas though? Ehhh, not really?

A little bit, but thinking on it, I probably shouldn't be surprised. One is built for a beauty and the beast plot and their both the more naturally dominate types which are always in high demand. I'm probably more surprised at the characters that got no interest.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-11-2020, 11:26 PM

I guess the first questions would be, do we want to revamp something old? And do we have any characters we really really really want to rp with?

Which character were you most surprised about getting no interest?

Also, I adore our rps! They always make me smile and want to find out what happens next. ^^

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 06-11-2020 at 11:30 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-11-2020, 11:43 PM

I mean, Hidden Oasis is the only one I think was good enough to warrent revamping. Otherwise, I'm rather interested in writing this boy here or creating something new with maybe elves or a modern world where magical creatures are super normal almost to the point that it's silly.

My little rock star who can be written as a vampire or Nøkken! I mean, really. Who doesn't love the sound of a vampire rock band?

^///^
Which reminds me that I need to respond to them. I opened up DHU a bunch of times yesterday but still never wrote out a response.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-12-2020, 12:18 AM

Oh gosh ... The thing is, I have this character, this very sickly character, who has never gotten healed in an rp yet! Sheesh, in his first rp, he fell in love with the personification of the night, and a dying star turned him into a star spirit so he could live forever with Night. That rp made me cry ... Anyway, so there's that guy, though his name escapes me because I haven't written him in years and years! >.<

Otherwise, I do kind of like the idea of modern magic silliness, and a vampire band! Oooh. Though if we did do that, I think I would want to create a mythical character, or use Frewen my kelpie guy who has also been covered in cobwebs from disuse, oh there's also Regan! He was one of my favourite rp characters a long while back.

Sometimes wanting to write the perfect thing can stop you from writing anything... Which happens to me often enough.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2020, 01:38 AM

That sounds like a really epic story! I wouldn't mind writing something like that. There's a whole plot to work with and everything. It might be easier than coming up with something totally new anyway. XD

That's true, though my problems usually stem from my inability to focus.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-12-2020, 02:10 AM

It was fun to write, but ended far too soon ... Since Eyre, that's his name, died and was turned into a star spirit pretty quick. My pacing was very off during my earlier rps. I've never written a profile for him, so I'll need to do that, and tweak him a little to build on what I had before. I am tempted to change his hair colour, since it's a sunshiny blond, compared to Basil's honey blond.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2020, 04:18 AM

Hm, I'm kinda curious as to what kind of story we could create with a character like Eyre. The idea of falling in love with Night and becoming a star sounds like a myth and I kinda love that. Writing that story or maybe a reincarnation one sounds most interesting. Otherwise, I'm not too sure about what sort of plot to invent.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-12-2020, 11:21 AM

Ooh alright! I\m perfectly alright with either of those, since I feel like I could write the original plot better now than I could then, and it would be really cool to see what kind of Night you would come up with! It could even take place in whateer kind of time period we want.