Easter Bunny
NPC
NPC

Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 PM

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...ot-crisis.html

Easter 2009:_Carrot Crisis
Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the carrot currency? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Easter 2009: Carrot Crisis event runs from April 11, 2009 - April 19, 2009, ending at approximately 6pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Collecting Currency & Event Items
2. Clues & Event Items
3. Overview & Frequently Asked Questions
4. Important event links

Easter Bunny
NPC
NPC

All right, kiddies.

If you have any questions that aren't answered above, now's your chance to ask 'em. But if you ask questions that are already in this Guide, yer not payin' attention and should be given a solid paddling! Kids today! When I was your age, I listened to my elders! *shakes cane*
  • Don't forget to get yer seeds from me at the Carrot Patch!

• When the bunnies are out, you trade the bunnies carrots for gifts at their burrows.

• NO CHATTERIN' IN THIS THREAD. You'll want to go to talk with that chatty fellow, Mr. Mayor, if you just want to flap yer lips!

• If you think yer a wise-acre, toddle off to try yer luck with Easter Punnies.

• Still think yer clever? Carrots and Cleverness is a thread where you can show off the bits of information that got stuck in yer gray matter somehow.

• Feel the need to show off yer clothes? As daft as it is, Your Sunday Best is a contest you can enter.

• If that's not creative enough for you, you'll want to try out Decorate an Easter Egg, where yer invited to train dogs to dance! (Oh, don't look at me like I'm senile, ye brat! What else do you think a contest called "Decorate an Easter Egg" is about?? Decoratin' an Easter egg! Pay attention!)

Now go on with you! Roll up yer sleeves and get t' work!

Last edited by Omi; 04-11-2009 at 01:32 AM..

Easter Bunny
NPC
NPC

Event Currency Overview
You will notice that there is only one event currency this event. Don't worry - that's exactly right. :) You're not missing where to find the event store currency - there simply isn't any! Some events will have event store currency, and some will not.

Carrots: How to collect them
There are two ways to collect the Carrot currency:

1) Post in the forums.
You will earn 0.25 of a Carrot each post you make in the forums. (Meaning for every 4 posts you make, you earn 1 full Carrot.)
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

2) Farm magic carrots for the Easter Bunny.
Every 30 minutes, the Easter Bunny is able to produce a packet of magical carrot seeds. Visit the Easter Bunny and the moment the magic seeds touch your hands, they will sprout into between 1 and 3 full carrots!

EDIT: For now, it appears that the magic isn't quite working correctly (the Easter Bunny's magic is kinda wonky sometimes...) - so you'll have to keep personal track of when your 30 minutes are up! For example, if you get carrots from him at 5:33, you will have to wait until 6:03 to collect again!

Carrots: How to use them/Event Items
The Easter Bunny has six magical bunny familiars who have dug magical burrows to transfer carrots directly to the hungry citizens of Zajac. But they got a bit lost on the way! You will have to follow the clues and find the missing bunnies before you will be able to trade carrots for event item rares. The clues will lead to places on Menewsha, anywhere from threads to site features.

It will take the Easter Bunny a day to track down the first of the missing bunnies - so the first one won't be able to be found until April 12th.

This is what you need to find around the site in order to have the bunny's show up in their burrows

You may collect as many of the gifts as you have carrots for, as many times as you like, whichever order or item you like. (For example, if you only wanted to collect the third item, you do not have to collect the first and second as well.)

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 04-15-2009 at 05:23 AM..

Easter Bunny
NPC
NPC

Clues Overview
Clues will lead to places on Menewsha - anywhere from a thread to a site feature. Some clues may be easier than others. But more likely than not, the hardest part is "over-thinking" the clue! :)

When you go to the page you think the clue leads to, scroll to the very bottom of the page and find the animated bunny image. Click that image and then head to the Burrow page!

If you have problems solving the clue, please feel free to ask for help here. That's part of what this thread is for! Please be specific about which clue you are having problems with. "Help me find the item!" doesn't help at all! "I'm having trouble with clue number two." is much better. :)

IMPORTANT: No one will be able to tell you exactly where to go. Do not ask for the answer. It is not allowed to simply give you the answer. Helpers can only assist by giving you a different clue. Posts with direct answers to the clue will be deleted and you will lose the gold you earned for that post.

Clues
These are the clues that lead you to the missing bunnies! Find the bunny in its hidden location, click on it and then visit the Burrow page to trade your carrots for items!

1) Easter Basket [imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/1c258f0282bcdc7ad25e75ea464433fd.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 15 carrots
Release date: April 12th
Burrow Location: Top-left
Clue: One of the major 'pressure valves' on Menewsha's micro-economy, designed to make sure there is recirculation.
Preview:

2) Carrot Wand [imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/9d5297c3822ef5892b773ad5447c6531.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 7 carrots
Release date: April 13th
Burrow Location: Top-right
Clue:
This game of chance is nice because in the end, everyone's a winner - even if you didn't win!
Preview:

Note: There are two different poses for this item.

3) Chocolate Bunny Hairpin [imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/d76c32563a609aa5435c9950ec63d2a5.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 7 carrots
Release date: April 14th
Burrow Location: Middle-left
Clue: I'm calling my lawyer!
Preview:

4) Chicky Flock[imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/e72d5110af81a67e05fe9eead71342bd.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 10 carrots
Release date: April 15th
Burrow Location: Middle-right
Clue: Go back to the start.
Preview:

Note: There are five separate poses for this item.

5) Bunnies [imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/da6bc987070cda9a863aef445a10dd4b.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 10 carrots
Release date: April 16th
Burrow Location: Bottom-left
Clue: Required reading.
Preview:

Note: There are five separate poses for this item.

6) On the Farm [imgleft]http://images.menewsha.com/items/thumbnails/7303dad51f8c7a697fef506947acd0c9.gif[/imgleft]
Value: 15 carrots
Release date: April 17th
Burrow Location: Bottom-right
Clue: The well-dressed man with a plan. You can drop him a note here.
Preview:

Total carrots necessary for a full set: 64

For those having issues with the bunnies appearing after you have solved the clue - please help us troubleshoot!

What browser (and what version - check your browser's "About (browser)" section, usually located at the last drop-down menu at the top of your browser) are you using?

Are you running any add-ons/plug-ins/security programs that may be causing problems?

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 04-14-2009 at 02:10 AM..

Easter Bunny
NPC
NPC

Overview
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Carrots = Used for Event Item Rares
  • Carrots are collected by posting in the forums and getting magic seeds from the Easter Bunny every 30 minutes.
  • Unused Carrots will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused Carrots will disappear after the Event is over.
  • Event Items will start being released on April 12th.
  • You cannot collect an Event Item until you have solved the Clue and found the bunny.
  • The bunny goes to the Burrow page where you can trade carrots for event items.

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 6pm Central on April 18th.

Q. Can you collect Carrots by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. Can I buy or trade Carrots?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. We're currently aiming for around 2pm Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight!

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. Omi did the artwork for the staff thread banners.
YanYan13 did the artwork for the event forum layout.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. Tre le Coco, Bisque and wish04 all three contributed to the lovely event item rares and commons. :)

Q. Why isn't there an event store currency this time?
A. It did not fit into our event plan this time.
Please do not expect event store currency to help you get your items every event - they're half-priced during the event itself, which is pretty generous, we think. :) If you don't have the gold, there are various staff-run and user-run contests and games to get you items that you'd like. Take advantage of those opportunities!
And don't forget that the event commons are half-price during the event... you can always get them later. :)

Last edited by Omi; 04-11-2009 at 01:32 AM..

Monsieur
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2009, 06:56 PM

this is really helpful

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM

This is definitely more challenging than the Valentines Day Event but everyone loves a good challenge! :)

I'll work hard for my carrots! Thanks for the facts!

clubcouture`
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM

I can't see any posts in the threads. D;
In both Firefox and IE browser

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM

It's not just you - the only people able to see inside threads (without using the "Go advanced" option and viewing the post-history thing) are staff right now... We're working on it. >_<

::post the same thing on your profile so you can see::

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2009, 07:17 PM

@clubcouture`
I made a thread in the Information Center reporting the problem here if you want to go take a look.

Gumdrop Raindrop
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Gumdrop Raindrop

Old 04-11-2009, 07:25 PM

I'm just wondering why I can see the Quick Reply box when I visit a forum thread and nothing else...has the event not been set up all the way yet?

bl4cksh4dow
Yumeh's #1 Fan

Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 PM

Yosh! Go Advance works! ^o^

Now to read what the event has in store for us! x3

Hope everything will be figure out soon! ^u^b

-edit-

Whoot! I see the forum and all the threads now! ^O^v

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM

I see it now! I see how beautiful the replies are now! Thanks for working hard to repair the problem staff members! I'm even more excited than I was before! :)

bl4cksh4dow
Yumeh's #1 Fan

Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Oh wait~ :XD

Now I can't see it anymore :sweat:

I went to see Pa-pancake's reply and didn't see anything except for the banner ^^;;

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 04-11-2009, 07:38 PM

Oooh, thanks for the faq.
I really like how we're told how many carrots we'll need for a full set. :)

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-11-2009, 07:41 PM

bl4cksh4dow: Maybe I jinxed it? >.<" I hope we can see it again because it really made me happy! XD Its funny though how our carrot count only shows up on the main page of the event forum...

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 PM

THank you! this is a helpful guide :D Thanks for the great event :D

bl4cksh4dow
Yumeh's #1 Fan

Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 PM

I see the thread content now! *A*

@Pa-pancake: hehe, aw~ no no you didn't jinx it ^^ jurupamae did mention that the layout will go on and off ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae View Post
Just fyi, you might see the layout go on and off and your carrots disappear and re-appear. We're trying to see what is going on with the post bit.

HamatoKameko
Monster

Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
1) [Name]
Value: x carrots
Release date: April 12th

Clue:

...Well that's certainly, um, vague.

Last edited by HamatoKameko; 04-11-2009 at 07:56 PM..

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 04-11-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamatoKameko View Post
...Well that's certainly, um vague.

That's the point. The item hasn't been released yet, so there's no information on it.
That's just the base. XD

Transcendence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 PM

wow this event looks loads better than other site events i have tried this easter. I think i may just stick around. I love how this actually has to do with easter and pretty bunnies instead of playboy bunnies or something stupid like that. Thanks for the wonderful event. I will try to understand it. I am sort of slow.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-11-2009, 08:14 PM

My biggest problem is trying to figure out how to get subscribed to these things so I can more easily check back on them later....

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM

well this sounds like fun! I was scared at first when I read the title "easter is cancelled" xD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 PM

For now it seems that the thread tools are a bit broken? I couldn't subscribe to my own thread so for now the best thing I could think of is to bookmark the threads I know I'm going to be hanging around in (that aren't stickied). Hopefully that will get fixed.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 PM

Those thread tools never work during events xD