Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 AM

Yeah....they really hurt themselves hard by driving away donor after donor....I know ALOT of old friends of mine who relocated too.....when you learn the people in charge just don't give a rats ass....its hard to stay. I was in SF once.....and a few users where in a thread talking about a change they wished for....it was friendly banter.....nothing mean(I've seen meaner threads here then this one).....just a few people talking back and forth about pros and cons......a developer came into the thread and litterally said "I don't know why you guys even try so hard, we just don't care....just be happy with what your given"

Cora wishes she could donate to mene like she used to donate to gaia. Unfortunately being a mother tends to eat into such funds. You guys would deserve it if I could. You guys actually care. Oh well, guess thats why your stuck with me forever :talk2hand:

@krissy- they ALWAYS took care of there own, but not there supporters.

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 05-20-2011, 03:13 AM

@ Cora: Meh, most of the time,. A lot of times admins would make a huge change, like removing the cigarette/tobacco items, and not tell the moderators before hand about the changes, leaving the mods to pick up the pieces and handle the masses while the head honchos were gone for the weekend.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Krissy: Cora Lorington:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy View Post
[snip] while the head honchos were gone for the weekend.
THIS!!! Inso himself has said, "If you work on the internet, you don't get a weekend".

I'll admit that I'm a terror for doing stuff without telling others first, but I'm trying to be more aware of that and stop it, but we don't all clear off playing golf or whatever every weekend, we're here.

Cora, we're glad to be stuck with you :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM

In that sense.....yes your right....mods got a lot just dumped on them. I more just meant that if one of them was hacked.....all hell broke loose on the hacker.

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Jelly, I've been wondering. Does Mene itself have a headquarters? I mean, do Inso and the four assistant admins all work in the same building that the server's in, or are you all over the place?

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM

don't quote me for sure cause I'm only like.....98% sure of this. But I don't think they are. I'm pretty sure they are scattered.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 PM

Lol, sure, we have a secret base on a Caribbean island *wishes* None of us are anywhere near each other. And, well, Mene doesn't make enough money to cover its running costs, so a "headquarters" would be someone's garden shed :ninja:

Server: Chicago
Inso : San Francisco
Me: England
Juru: Arizona
CK: Alabama
Yan: Philippines

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 05-21-2011, 01:24 AM

Wow, all over the place! That's very cool, though :) It seems like most "big" sites end up with all their general staff in one location, so it sort of perks me up that you're not particularly regional.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-21-2011, 01:47 PM

Well I'm holding out for the day that we become profitable, and then get so profitable that we can have a headquarters. Especially as it would likely be in San Francisco as Inso is based there, and that's my dream home :ninja:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 05-21-2011, 10:14 PM

Cora didn't know jelly was in england.....thats cool!

I've always wanted to go to england.

Timber Wolfe

Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolfgoddess View Post
And with their super hammers, the Menewsha Staff save the day once again. xD
Ban hammers. :D :feesh:

Hayzel
[MiniMee]
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel

Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 AM

I've only recently been able to have the means to donate, but I since I have had the means I've done it quite a bit. I wonder if there's anything else members can really do to help the site become profitable?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Recruit your friends :ninja: We need more members :o

Hayzel
[MiniMee]
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel

Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 PM

:D I shall make my boyfriend play! lol oh and my sister too. 8D

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Lol, sure, we have a secret base on a Caribbean island *wishes* None of us are anywhere near each other. And, well, Mene doesn't make enough money to cover its running costs, so a "headquarters" would be someone's garden shed :ninja:

Server: Chicago
Inso : San Francisco
Me: England
Juru: Arizona
CK: Alabama
Yan: Philippines
Or a cheap apartment in Florida would work as HQ. lol Just kidding, although rentals for some office buildings are cheap. ^_^; Depending on how one would define "cheap". :-/

San Francisco would be a great place for a headquarters. :) Even though it would be nice to have Menewsha located in Miami Fort Lauderdale. :P I am only kidding, admins and mods. ^_^;

checho
hellow

Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 PM

thx for the heads up :)

rihanna
Banned

Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM

i am new people or creatures

Father of Change
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM

Thank you for this useful peace of information.
Although I was never scammed on Gaia I can see how it was done.
Why do you hate them so much?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 PM

We don't hate them. It just a sad fact that there's a lot of scammers on Gaia. A site so big is bound to draw a percentage who want to cheat.