View Poll Results: Do you play the guitar, piano, or sing?
Guitar 2 4.65%
Piano 5 11.63%
Sing 15 34.88%
Guitar and Piano Only 1 2.33%
Piano and Sing Only 6 13.95%
Sing and Guitar Only 0 0%
Guitar, Piano, and Sing 2 4.65%
None of the above. 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 AM

I sing.

Enough said.

Fish
fiskybitz

Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 AM

I was learning to play the piano when I was younger, however when we moved we weren't able to keep the piano for lack of space, but I would love to pick it back up again.

The Queer Engineer

Old 09-29-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I was learning to play the piano when I was younger, however when we moved we weren't able to keep the piano for lack of space, but I would love to pick it back up again.
You could always use youtube. I learned how to play a lot of songs from doing that.

Fish
fiskybitz

Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 AM

Yes, but I don't have anything to really practice on/with lol

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 06:27 AM

I played the piano for five years, but I had to stop for a while due to a finger injury. then school caught up to me and well...
Maybe, I'll take it up again. It's my favourite instrument. I adore guitar aswell and the violin and the drums and the cello...
Singing... I sing. Stuff from musicals. Not well at all, though

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2014, 06:30 AM

I voted for you - I can play the piano (not perfectly but I can), and I do sing (Although I choose not to sing in front of others, but I can sing and those who have heard me have told me that I am good at it). :]

The Queer Engineer

Old 09-29-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudDreamer View Post
I voted for you - I can play the piano (not perfectly but I can), and I do sing (Although I choose not to sing in front of others, but I can sing and those who have heard me have told me that I am good at it). :]
Thank you so much. ^_^ I usually sing when nobody is home in my house hehe although I don't always mind singing in front of people.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
Thank you so much. ^_^ I usually sing when nobody is home in my house hehe although I don't always mind singing in front of people.
You're welcome! :]
I will sing when no one is home, or I'll sign to myself if I'm around people that I don't want them to hear my voice (yes, I said sign, not sing - I mean sign. I'm fluent in American Sign Language). Although that usually calls more attention to myself, so I don't normally do that often.

If I'm comfortable around people, I will actually sing around them. That group is a very small group though.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 AM

I used to be in choirs at school, but I seemed to grow out of the ability to sing once I hit puberty, what's all that about? I never learnt to play an instrument, so never learnt to read music either, it's a complete mystery to me.

Here's two people who sing, they'll be able to assist your votes =3 Maria-Minamino: Elirona:

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-29-2014, 08:17 AM

I voted for singing I use to be in choirs since Jr high school. but I never learn how to read sheet music. but I try to sing every day with some type of music.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 AM

I never learnt to read music either. I used to fool my teacher and play by ear

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Good for you if you could get away with that! I think I'd quite like to have learnt to be able to do it. I guess I didn't show enough natural aptitude with the recorder to be considered worth the effort...

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2014, 09:33 AM

I am not the best at reading music - I can if I really have to, and if I put enough energy into it. I too can play by ear, nothing fancy. But my mom can play amazingly by ear - she actually isn't really good at reading music at all. But if she's heard it, she can most likely play it. :]

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2014, 09:40 AM

I wonder if I wish I could read music because there's something almost magical about the process. How marks on a piece of paper translate into beautiful sounds. It's something every person who can read words is familiar with, but because it's music and not everyone can read that, it seems strange and exotic.

But then again! People who can't communicate in words because they don't speak or read the same language, would both be able to read the same piece of music if they had the ability...

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 09-29-2014, 12:26 PM

I like to sing, but as a kid I was always scolded and told I can't sing (which now people are telling me is bogus, but I heard it so much... ya know?), so I do sing. But I do it where people can't hear me, where I'm alone and I can be myself without worrying about people telling me to stop.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2014, 12:38 PM

HA! The old "I never said that, you must have imagined it!" thing! People need to think back and remember when they were a kid, and how the negative things adults said were burnt into their memory, then try to deny having said these things. My mum's got a real selective memory in this regard, me, I wish I could forget. >.>

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 PM

I WAS IN PIANO FROM AGE SIX TO HIGH SCHOOL AND IT WAS A NIGHTMARE.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM

Where you in it because you were made to be though? I bet more kids would enjoy learning an instrument if they did it from choice rather than being forced/guilted into it by parents.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 01:58 PM

I was a music major with a concentration in Voice up until Spring 2014; I decided to pursue a career in history instead.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
Sorry about all the pinging :\
hehe guess I'm just excited that I know what pinging is.
No prob; it's nothing personal, I just don't like the pinging system since I usually check all the threads I've posted in anyway, and most of the time I get random pings from the @MyFriends ping which I hate with a passion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I bet more kids would enjoy learning an instrument if they did it from choice rather than being forced/guilted into it by parents.
This. I remember my mom asking me over and over if I wanted to learn how to play the piano. I didn't even really know wtf a piano was at the time. First time I went to a class, I didn't like it. So my mom waited a year and then started asking me again. This time I got stuck with lessons until high school, and I'd never liked it. Yet whenever I complained, my mom would go on and on about how 'talented' I was, how it was such a shame if I just gave up after all these years of learning, how it would be a waste to have bought a piano for me only for me to ditch the lessons...

I. Don't. Like. Playing. The. Goddamn. Piano.

I've never liked playing it! It just irritates me so much whenever she does that. Good thing it's been quite a few years since then and she hasn't mentioned about anything piano-related in a while.

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 09-29-2014, 04:00 PM

I took guitar lessons for a while, and learned piano from multiple youtube videos and learning by ear. :)

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 06:12 PM

I know really simple songs on the piano.
But I love playing one and making up songs.

And I've sang like all my life in school.
Even college.
High soprano.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 09-29-2014, 08:11 PM

I voted sing/piano.

I can kind of play piano - not well XDD My hands are as small as a second graders - it makes it extremely limiting XD

However, I went to school for voice. I've had private voice lessons since I was 12. Then when I went to college, I went in as a voice major in music education. And I now teach music in elementary school including general music, chorus, orchestra, and an orff percussion ensemble.

The Queer Engineer

Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM

Again I just want to thank you all!!
You don't know how much you helped me by answering this.
I just want to give you all a virtual hug. *virtual hugs* ^W^

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Where you in it because you were made to be though? I bet more kids would enjoy learning an instrument if they did it from choice rather than being forced/guilted into it by parents.
At first I wanted to be in it because it looked like my older sister was having fun with it. I didn't want to anymore after a few years, but my parents wouldn't let me quit because they insisted on all their children being musically talented. Which means I probably would've been forced into it soon. My feelings of anger and frustration with the instrument built up until freshman year. Lovely!