ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Sorry, I make like zero sense when I'm all hyped on coffee. XD

Erm, not for Bic pens, but like watercolors or color pencils? Watercolors I was told to try paper that comes in blocks? But I haven't found any place that sells it yet. o.o And when I asked the guy @ our bookstore (which also happens to sell art supplies) about it, he gave me a shrug and told me they didn't have any that he knew of?

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 AM

i use mechanical pencil and colored pencil. i suck at it. i have watercolor paints and pencils but i dont know how to use them. i have like 3 art programs at my diposal, but i suck at that too. and i like realism.

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-25-2007, 12:40 AM

ScarletStratholme watercolor paper in blocks just means it comes in a binded book with 100 sheets usually, but that paper quality isn't usually any different from buying individual sheets.

i encourage people to buy paper online since i do and i save a bunch of money, but if that isn't possible any student-grade watercolor paper should do just fine.

if you want something binded, you could try strathmore cold press watercolor pads. they're actually very good/durable. the paper is surprisingly heavy and the pads are really affordable.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2007, 12:44 AM

Oooh, okies, thank you very much, Magaly! :)

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-25-2007, 01:44 PM

• I love doodling in pen/pencil. Gah, I'm a doodler. If someone isn't waiting on me to finish art, I hardly ever get anything done.

fongmingyun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to fongmingyun Send a message via MSN to fongmingyun Send a message via Yahoo to fongmingyun

Old 03-25-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaly
ScarletStratholme watercolor paper in blocks just means it comes in a binded book with 100 sheets usually, but that paper quality isn't usually any different from buying individual sheets.

i encourage people to buy paper online since i do and i save a bunch of money, but if that isn't possible any student-grade watercolor paper should do just fine.

if you want something binded, you could try strathmore cold press watercolor pads. they're actually very good/durable. the paper is surprisingly heavy and the pads are really affordable.
Lol. That's exactly the same thing i use. (Although I don't order online. I live in a city where I can walk to art artstore and use my student discount, so the price is equal to shipping + product from over the internet... and I like walking.)

So, yeah, that's decent stuff for watercolor. I think the really fancy stuff is called Arches. Like, the front looks olike it's from the 1700s or sommething, and is usually... green or orange? I don't know. It's expensive and French.

As for colored pencil. I've favored Strathmore Drawing paper or bristol depending on the look I'm going for. On Bristol, my vcolors turn out lighter and smoother - blend easier. But I get better vlaues and mixes on the drwaing paper. The Drawing paper is also thinner than the Bristol which I don't like. But I usually go with it anyway for the sake of the end result. I also use the smoother side of Canson Mi-Tientes for work on colored backgrounds. Btw, I use Prismacolor Verithins and waxy Prismacolor Normal pencils. I'm... superbly brand loyal to thier pencils. XD; They work well on the Strath watercolor if yoiu want a highly textured piece, though.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2007, 03:37 PM

Oooou. I see. Same here on brand loyalty..I test a whole bunch out but once I find one I like I stick to it.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-25-2007, 06:11 PM

*nods along with Woe and Scarlet pointing to her pile of Prismacolor crap*

Chance
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-25-2007, 06:19 PM

Well, I like to draw digitally since I'm too lazy to gather supples. And it's easier for me.
But my favourite media is a mix of colour pencils and markers. It gives a god look to pictures. :3