Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

In Ireland, when potato farming was common and done across the country, A young family by the name of Sarlin lived and prospered to a degree. However, when tragedy hit, taking their father away, the family slowly settled into a comfortable life. Now, many years later, Adrian Sarlin is running the farm with the intent upon seeing his sister well married off with a decent dowry, not caring about his own marital status at that moment. However, once an outcast Goddess lands smack dab in the middle of the road near his house, Adrian's life turns upside down. Not only is the Goddess of Clouds bossy, loud, obnoxious, high-and-mighty, and completely uncivil, but now she's moved into the Sarlin home by request of Adrian himself!

Will Lucina, our sassy Goddess, learn to behave herself and atone for her mistakes as a Goddess? Or will she cause hell and misery to the lives of the unsuspecting Sarlin family? Is it possible a woman like that could live peacefully in the home of such a country-folk, well-mannered family?

Only one year upon Earth, as sentenced by the Gods, will tell.

The Goddess of Clouds
Click on thumbnail for full view
  • Lucina
  • Appearance: Long blonde hair, blue eyes, slim build, 5ft 7in

The Farmer
Click on thumbnail for full view
  • Adrian Sarlin
  • Appearance: Semi long brown redish- brown hair, honey brown eyes, 6ft 2in, slender yet muscular build.
  • Family: Sister = Lori, Mother = Shinorah, Father = Torrin (Deceased)

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 10-07-2009 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Wrote the introduction ( Finally xD;; )

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Lucina huffed angrily as she paced in her room. The servants had messed up her menu order again. She was suppose to be the perfect party planner but how was she to work under these conditions? Letting out a very unlady-like groan, Lucina sat into her chair of her vanity and stared at her reflection.

Smiling in satisfaction at her perfect features, Lucina took her silver brush and ran it through her long hair. "Lucina?" She heard a servant's voice murmur from outside her door.

"What?" She barked angrily, as she continued to brush her hair. They had better not messed up the menu again... She thought bitterly, her face pinched from anger as the servant entered the room.

"You're being summoned into a Chief Council." The servant said simply before ducking back out the door.

Probably getting better servants... Lucina pondered as she stood up and walked gracefully through the elaborate hallways and towards the Council Room.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 PM

It was a long summer day in Dublin, Ireland. Out in the potato fields, worked a man of twenty-two who worked hard every day of his life to support his mother and younger sister. A simple man of French descent, Adrian Sarlin loved his work. Strange, to think of a man loving to work in the potato fields, but Adrian loved the fact that his very hands grew and nurtured the plants within the ground. His father had died when Adrian was just thirteen, only four years after the birth of his younger sister. Now twenty-two, Adrian was who his family depended on. It was tough working so hard, he never had time to find a woman he was interested in courting. However, Adrian was content in his life. He had the leisure to read before be and was able to spend his time in nature looking up at the beautiful skies above.

Now late afternoon, Adrian wiped the sweat from his brow as his younger sister ran up to him and through her arms around his waist.

"Adrian! Supper's ready!" said Lori as she grinned up at her brother.

"I'll be in in a bit, love. Tell mum I'll wash up 'n' be in t' help her as soon as I get th' tools put away."

"Sure thing!" said Lori before running back towards the house and helping her mother set the table for dinner.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 PM

"Lucina." The head God said, his voice ladden with anger. "You're behavior has become out of control. A Goddess should express gratitude, kindness, and selflessness." He explained carefully, watching as Luciana's face fell into a confused expression. "We've decided that you will be punished for your selfish actions." He said, gesturing to the Council.

"Punished?" Lucina asked, confused. Where had she gone wrong? "What's my punishment?" She asked warily, hoping she would be able to talk her way out of whatever they were giving her.

"You will spend a year on Earth as a mortal." The Chief said, clapping his hands together quickly before Lucina could respond.

Lucina felt a twisted feeling in her stomach as she was whirled thousands of feet below her. Falling into a small patch of dirt, Lucina stared around her in disbelief as she looked over her white dress which had been ruined by the ground. Taking a deep breath, Lucina let out a long scream of her fustration, anger, and some fear as she laid pathetically in the dirt road.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-14-2009, 09:54 PM

Just as the Saline family had sat down to dinner and said grace, a scream was heard from the road outside. Adrian, immediately looked to the window. Not seeing anything, he reassured his mother and sister that everything was alright, but he would check it out none-the-less.

Stepping wearily outside, Adrian looked around. Noticing a small pool of white upon the road, Adrian slowly headed towards it, "Hello?" Noticing that it was a young woman, he inquired, "A-are ye alright Miss?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 PM

"No, I am not alright." Lucina said angrily as she straightened her dress. "I just lost everything!" She yelled angrily as she paced back and forth across the road. Trying to let out her fustration, Lucina saw a tree along the side of the road. Walking over to the tree, Lucina punched it angrily and was surprised by the pain that shot up her arm.

"Oh, no." She said, feeling tears come to her eyes. "I'm human!" She yelled at the peasant, he seemed nice enough but that was the farthest thing from his mind. "I'm a weak, defenseless human!" She cried angrily as she held her throbbing hand and resumed her pacing.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 PM

Daring to approach her, Adrian took her bloody hand, ripping part of his lower shirt off, and began cleaning it up, "Come inside 'n' we'll get ye cleaned up. I'm sure there 're slivers in there, would ye mind if I took a look 'n' took them out?"

What was all this talk about becoming human? Was she insane? Well, whatever it was, Adrian knew he couldn't just leave her there bleeding and wandering around like she was. He just hoped he wasn't making a mistake in being too forward by trying to stop the bleeding of her hand.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-14-2009, 11:49 PM

Lucina sighed a long sigh, letting a few tears escape. "I can't believe this." She murmured quietly as she stood up and let the boy lead her to his home. It was only moments ago that she was brushing her silky hair with her new silver brush and now she was covered in dirt and blood as a mortal. I could die... She realized with a start. She'd never had to worry about that before. Her biggest worries had always been about what clothes to wear and what kind of clouds to send over Ireland.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Leading her to the water pump just outside his home, Adrian held her hand under the water and got the water flowing, "I'm sorry if this stings, Miss, but keep yer hand under this water. I'll go get some soap 'n' somethin' t' get those splinters out."

Handing her the cloth to wash the blood off, Adrian quickly headed inside, explained the sight he fought when he went outside to his mother, and went about getting things out of the medicine chest that would help the woman outside.

Returning with ointment, bandages, and clean cloths, Adrian went about taking the splinters out before he finished cleaning up the wound with disinfectant.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 12:15 AM

Lucina closed her eyes as she felt the pain in her hand. "You could be a bit more gentle." She snapped quietly, her hand would be a mess for days. Lucina kept her eyes squeezed shut as she wished with all her might that her features hadn't been altered in the trip down to Earth.

"What's your name?" Lucina asked, eyeing the boy curiously.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 AM

Adrian blushed, "Forgive me, Miss, I'm goin; as gently as I can," he said softly as he took out the last sliver and began cleaning up the bloody hand with soap and water. "Adrian, Adrian Sarlin, is me name. 'n' yers? Ye don't seem t' be from around 'ere."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 AM

"Well not here exactly." Lucina sighed, looking up at the sky. "I'm Lucina." She said as she winced from the soap in her hand. "If I told you where I'm from then you'd think I'd gone insane. I'm glad I'm not nearly as naive as all these wretched humans though." She ranted quietly to herself. "Where am I? Am I still in Ireland?" She asked the boy.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 AM

"Wretched humans, huh," Adrian whispered to himself as he rinsed off her now clean hand before trying it and bandaging it before addressing Lucina, "Aye, yer still in Ireland, Miss Lucina. I take it ye don' 'ave a place t' stay?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 12:45 AM

"Not exactly." Lucina said as she looked around her, spotting the potato fields. "Oh, no. No, no, no." She cried as she backed away from the fields and dropped to the ground. "I'm on a potato farm!" She yelled at the peasant boy. "I'm not on Earth, I'm in hell." She cried, bending her face into hands and letting out choking sobs. "What'd I do?" She asked nobody. "What'd I do?" She asked again, shaking as she sat on the ground.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM

Adrian couldn't help but chuckle before sighing and wrapping his arms comfortingly around the girl, "Come now, it's not so bad! Besides, ye don' 'ave t' do any work. Ye can stay fer a bit 'til ye find yer fam'ly, how's tha' sound?" he asked soothingly as he gently caressed her back.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 AM

Lucina cringed away from the boy's touch, angered by the fact that she had no family and no where to go for an entire year which seemed so long in human years. Standing up, Lucina wiped away her tears and straightened her dress. "Right. Family." She said bitterly. "Now see if I had family then I would be there now." She sighed, putting a hand to her head. "I can't believe this is happening."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 01:58 AM

"Forgive me, Miss Lucina, I simply thought ye were lost. If ye need somewhere t' stay until ye can get on yer feet, ye can stay in th' spare room upstairs. However, if ye stay fer awhile, ye'll 'ave t' pull yer own weight. And as I see it, ye ain't got much o' a choice a' the moment," he added stiffly as he brought the items back inside, leaving the door open for Lucina, and began putting things away before cleaning himself off for dinner.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 02:01 AM

Lucina followed the boy into the small house. Taking a few deep breaths, Lucina tried to forget about her feather bed and luxurious room in the sky. Finding a mirror against the wall, Lucina saw with relief that her precious features had survived the trip. She was incredibly beautiful as usually and if she bent closely to the mirror she saw the faint magical glow that all Goddess's had.

Smiling in satisfaction, Lucina waited for Adrian as she didn't know exactly where to go.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 02:23 AM

"You must be th' girl Adrian found outside. Are ye hungry, love? There's plenty here," offered Shinorah, Adrian's mother, "Fetch 'er a plate Lori, love, will ye?"

Nodding, Lori hopped from her chair and went over to the cupboard and took down a plate. Grabbing silverware and a glass for her, Lori set the woman a place at the table between herself and Adrian.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 02:27 AM

Lucina only nodded to the two women. Human girls were incredibly plain in her opinion. But that didn't matter, she needed a place to stay and pointing out their poor features wasn't going to get anywhere.

Sucking up her pride, Lucina smiled at the two girls. "Thank you. Its very kind of you to let me stay." She said, putting on her best smile.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Adrian hid a smirk as he sat down at the table and began handing her the ham, potatoes, corn, and bread, "It's no trouble, Miss Lucina. Ye'll repay us in yer own way in time."

"Oh? Is she goin' t' help with th' chores tomorrow?" asked Lori eagerly, hoping to be relieved of some of her duties.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 02:42 AM

Lucina bit her tongue at the idea of doing chores. Fighting to give a smile, Lucina responded. "I'll only be here for a year if that. If I can afford my own home until next year then I'll be off your hands." She said. Knowing the God Council would be watching she added, "And, yes. I'll help with the chores." She smiled bitterly, hoping she would be able to go home for good behavior if she obliged to do chores.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 02:50 AM

"Yay! I'll 'ave someone t' help me with me chores!" exclaimed Lori happily a she dug into her food.

"Thank you," Adrian couldn't help but smile at Lucina, "Miss Lucina, I'm afraid ye won't find a house anytime soon. Especially in these parts. Our farm is rather large 'n' th' nearest house is about three miles away, town is about fifteen miles away. Do ye have money enough t' lodge with someone in town fer th' time bein'?"

"If ye need money, dear, I've got a bit saved up. It should give ye a' least a week o' lodgin's in town. Tha' should give ye a chance t' find a job t' keep up th' lodgin's," added Shinorah with a smile.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-15-2009 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: wrote 'chane' instead of 'chance'

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 02:55 AM

Lucina bit back the immediate 'yes' she wanted to cry. The Gods would never allow her back if she took their money. "I couldn't do that." Lucina smiled sweetly, tucking away her dignity. "If you don't mind me staying with you then I think that would be my best option." She said, cursing the Gods silently in her head.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 03:11 AM

"O' course we don't, love. We have a guest bed all made up fer when company comes a callin'. Yer more than welcome t' it. Adrian'll show ye after dinner while Lori 'n' I do th' dishes. Ye'll need yer rest t' get up bright 'n' early fer chores. But tell me, love, where are ye from? If ye don't mind me askin'," asked Shinorah before taking a sip of her milk.