say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 03:17 AM

"I'm from a very different part of Ireland." Lucina sighed. "A place with a much better view." She said, shaking her head to clear the thoughts of home. "But that doesn't matter. I'll be home again in a year." She said, putting a few mashed potatos on her plate, shocked that she was stuck in the middle of a potato farm and was serving herself dinner.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 03:39 AM

"Lucina, is it? May I ask what brings ye t' this part o' Ireland? 'Tis a wee bit strange ye gettin' stranded out 'ere in our farm, but expect t' be home in a year," asked Lori as she ate her ham.

"Lori, love, mind yer manners," warned Adrian as he ate his corn.

"I'm just wonderin' is all," said Lori with a sigh.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 03:42 AM

"Its hard to explain." Lucina sighed, her head pounding from having to create a web of lies so soon after being stranded. Taking a piece of ham, Lucina ate her food quietly as she tried to process exactly what had happened to her that day. What she needed was a good night's sleep and she felt incredibly homesick at the thought that she wouldn't be sleeping in her own bed for a year.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 AM

Adrian eyed his sister as she was about to ask more questions, "Alright, let th' poor girl alone. She's obviously goin' through some hard times 'n' it's best we mind our own business 'n' 'elp her out as best we can. Now, I'm goin' t' go make sure the room's in order fer her. Don't bombard th' poor girl with questions while I'm gone," he warned Lori as he stood from the table after finishing his meal and brought the dishes to the sink before heading upstairs.

Lori sighed as she ate in silence, not daring disobey her brother's orders.

Shinorah smiled as she ate her mashed potatoes, "Lucina, I hope ye don't find this pryin', but I'm curious. Have ye ever worked on a farm before?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 04:54 PM

Lucina grimaced only slightly, not enough for the older woman to notice but the grimace was there. "No, not in the actual farm." She sighed, not bothering to mention that she'd worked the clouds over the fields. In fact, there was going to be a thunderstorm the next day.

"At least Adrian will have the day off tomorrow. In the fields that is. There's going to be a large thunderstorm." She said as she ate a few more of her mashed potatos, which were not bad but certainly not like the food at home. Lucina quickly regretted what she'd just said, knowing that the weatherman had predicted sunny skies. But it was like those humans to know nothing of the weather, at least she wasn't naive like them.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Looking at Lucina curiously, Lori took Adrian's Farmer's Almanac from the stand by the door and flipped to the next day's date, "There's no storm listed.. What makes ye say there's goin' t' be a storm? Besides, it's been beautiful weather th' past few days! It can't possibly storm now! Besides, th' crops will be ruined if it gets too bad!"

It was then that Adrian appeared on the stairs, "Miss Lucina, yer room is ready when yer finished eatin'. I've prepared a basin o' water 'n' given ye a fresh bar o' soap t' clean up with if ye like. I've also gave ye some o' me mum's clothes she no longer fits in tha' we've been savin' fer Lori when she growns into 'em. They should do until mum can make ye some proper clothes that'll fit ye better."

"I'll get th' fabric while in town tomorrow. What colors would ye like love?" Shinorah asked with a warm smile.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 06:18 PM

"Thank you." Lucina said politely, for the God's sake. "I'm partial to white." She smiled as sweetly as possibly. Looking at Lori she added, "It woun't flood the fields. It'll be a long strom. Probably starting around the early morning and it will be over after supper time. I have a better in sight to the weather then your book." Lucina said simply as she stood up and thanked from for the meal, no matter how pitiful it had been comapred to her feasts at home.

Making her way up the stairs, Lucina entered what she assumed was the guest room considering there was and leaned against the door as she felt tears fall down her face. She missed her home, she missed her bed, she missed her servats. Sinking to the ground, Lucina buried her face in her arms as she sobbed quietly, trying to hide her homesickness from the country family.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 PM

Adrian sighed as he sat down at the table and began reading his book, "What have we gotten ourselves into.."

"I don't know, Adrian, but yer kind heartedness is goin' too far. I bet ye anythin' she ain't gonna help. 'n' 'ere she is threatenin' us with storms! I don't like 'er already," said Lori simply as she took her empty dishes, as well as her mother's and brought them to the sink to wash.

"Lori, hold yer tongue. She just got stranded in a new place, give 'er time t' adjust," chided Shinorah as she went about washing the table before beginning the mending.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Lucina sighed as she moved to the water basin and cleaned off her face, arms, and chest with the soap and water. Braiding her hair over her shoulder, Lucina hummed quietly to herself before changing into a night gown that Adrian had given her.

Curling into the somewhat lumpy bed, Lucina cuddled one of her pillows and buried her face into it as she let out a few more tears. She wanted to go home more then anything in the world and had no idea how to get there except to wait it out.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Setting the book down and rubbing his eyes, Adrian placed a kiss upon Lori's head before kissing his mother's cheek, "I'm goin' t' turn in. Night mum."

"Night, love. Lori 'n' I are just gonna finish up this bit o' mendin' then turn in as well," said Shinorah with a smile as she continued to sew a patch onto the shirt.

Heading upstairs, Adrian slipped into his room, two doors down from Lucina's with Lori's in between. Heading to the basin, he poured in some water before washing up. Slipping into a pair of pajamas, Adrian climbed into his bed and fell asleep the moment he hit the pillow, completely exhausted from the day's work.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-15-2009, 10:05 PM

Sighing as she glanced out the window, Lucina saw clouds start to cluster overhead. Smiling to herself as she loved being right, Lucina fell asleep as peacefully as was possible in the farmhouse and dreamed about her home.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 AM

Lori, having woken up just before the rooster crowed, knocked cleaned up and got ready for the daily chores before knocking on Lucina's door, "Lucina? You up yet?"

Adrian had already gotten up and ready a couple hours before Lori, having to get an early start on the fields in case it did storm.

Downstairs, Shinorah was busy in the kitchen making a breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast, humming an old Irish tune as she worked.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM

Lucina woke with a start at the Irish girl's voice. "Yes." She called back. "I'll be right out." She said, blinking a few times before she hurried out of bed to wash her face and change. Brushing her hair quickly, Lucina walked into the hallway, bent on getting out of the potato farm early for good behavior. "What's our first chore?" She asked.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM

Smiling at Lucina, Lori replied, "Breakfast! Then we gotta go milk th' cow." As much as Lori hated to admit it, Lucina was rather beautiful in an almost unreal way. Leading Lucina down stairs to the table, Lori set the table before sitting in her usual chair.

"Mornin, Lucina! Sleep well?" asked Shinorah as she placed eggs on all three plates.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 AM

"Yes, thank you." Lucina sighed quietly as she sat in the chair she'd sat in last night. It was in fact a lie to please the Gods, something she was getting awfully used to. Her shoulder hurt slightly from the lumpy matress though she had dreamed about being home again which was bittersweet in her opinion.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 01:54 AM

Placing bacon on the plates and putting a plate of toast on the table, Shinorah smiled, "Good. I 'ope it wasn't too 'ard fallin' asleep, it not bein' yer own bed 'n' all. Help yerself t' breakfast, there's more where this came from. I'm afraid we don' have much milk left 'til after chores," she added with a small chuckle as she set a cup of tea down for her and Lucina before pouring a glass of milk for Lori, "We get what milk we do from Beth, ye see."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 AM

"Beth?" Lucina asked as she took a bite of her eggs, not bad bt not the greates either while she said nothing. Putting two slices of bacon on her plate and a piece of toast on as well, Lucina ate her breakfast quietly, biting back the snide comments that she desperately wanted to set free though her fear of living on the streets kept her at bay.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 AM

Lori looked at Lucina as if she were insane, but politely stated, "Our cow, Lucina, Beth is our cow."

Shinorah sighed as she gave a warning look to Lori before adding softly, "Yes, goats don't live in these parts, so we use cow milk. Have ye had cow milk before? Or are ye more accustomed t' goat milk."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 03:32 AM

Lucina bit her tongue at Lori's glance. Hard. "I'm used to cow's milk but I've never actually milked a cow myself." She said bitterly just as a crack of thunder hit overhead and rain began to pour over the small farm. "Told you it was going to storm." Lucina said to Lori before returning her attention to her breakfast.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 04:05 AM

"Lori'll show ye 'ow it's done. Unless ye'd rather 'ave Adrian? He should be back by th' time ye head out fer chores," said Shinorah warmly as she began her breakfast.

Lori grinned, "I'll help 'er mum, if she wants. I'll teach 'er how t' do all o' th' chores we're used to. That way we can see what she's better a' doin' without ru'nin' th' farm."

"Lori Anna Salin, hold yer tongue this very minute or yer goin' t' go without lunch, ye hear me? Now apologize fer bein' so rude."

"Yes, mum," said Lori softly before turning to Lucina and mumbling an apology.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 04:10 AM

Lucina felt her lips pocker at Lori's attitude. If the child had any idea who she was, or rather who she had been, she wouldn't be giving her the lip she was. Lucina simply nodded and continued to eat her breakfast in silence. Cursing Adrian's sister was probably the wrong way to stay on his good side after all.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 04:36 AM

"Forgive Lori, she's not used t' other girls bein' around th' farm 'n' takin' Adrian's attention," explained Shinorah as Lori left with the dirty dishes to wash them in the kitchen, "Would ye like anythin' else t' eat 'r drink?"

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 04:48 AM

"No, thank you." Lucina said simply, glad that Lori was gone from the room just as a crack of lightning shown overhead. Lucina fought back an arrogant smile as she knew that Lori would be disappointed that Lucina had been right. She wished deeply that the family would see her for what she truly was. A Goddess.

"I hope Adrian gets inside soon." Lucina said, keeping her voice casual while making sure it was going to reach Lori as she washed the dishes. "Its going to downpour in a few moments." She added just as the rain began to pick up.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-16-2009, 05:09 AM

Lori mimicked Lucina's voice sassy way to herself as she slammed a dish into the drainboard. If the dishes weren't plastic, they would have broken upon impact.

Shinorah looked wearily out the window at the rain coming down, "He should have been back by now..."

-

Adrian shielded his eyes to the rain as he finished putting away the farming equipment. About ten minutes later, and soaking wet, he ran towards the house and tried his best to ring out his clothes before coming in.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-16-2009, 05:15 AM

Lucina fought back a smile as she heard a dish slam in the kitchen. Her hearing wasn't the same as when she was a Goddess but was glad that it was still above a human's hearing. Only proving how elite she truly was.

"I'm sure he's alright." Lucina assured the older woman. "The lightning's not close enough to actually hit around the farm."