YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 02:07 AM

Seth felt relieved to know that he wouldn't have to walk so far to another place. He also felt comfortable knowing that Michael and Ariel would be within earshot and range of sight if anything happened. While Seth didn't know it consciously, his mind was so shaken up by the idea of his family being murdered that he wasn't even alright being alone for too long. "Thank you," he said as he turned to the tree house door. He got himself out and made it around to the back where the river was. Seth looked up to wherever he suspected windows being in the house and bit his lip. He knew what he was going to have to face next. Seth knelt down, rinsed his hands off in the clear, sparkling water and shook the water off in the air. He carefully untied his long coat and hung it out in front of him. It was pretty stained. Seth looked down at his shirt, which was also soaked through even more compared to his jacket. Seth moved himself closer to the edge of the river so that he could sit on the ties of his jacket while letting it rinse out in the river. He carefully took out the small pouches of miscellaneous things before he threw the rest of his jacket under the water.

"Wow-" he accidentally said aloud, as a stream of dark red flowed out. He reached over and pressed it deeper into the water, hoping that it wouldn't attract too much attention if Michael or Ariel looked out the window. Then, he stripped his black undershirt off and did the same, tucking it inside the jacket so that it didn't wash away or cause too much trouble. It was like Seth was a god- one side of the river was clear and the other was starting to tint red. Seth could see a deep gash in his side. It was angled up by his chest- 'If he'd cut any higher..' Seth started to say. It was dangerously close to the source of his life. He placed a hand over his heart and listened for a few moments to reassure himself that it was alright. Then, he spent the next few minutes splashing water on the stinging injury before he deemed it ready for gauze. Seth pulled a roll out from one of his 'miscellaneous pouches' and bandaged himself up in no time. Then, he wrung his clothes out and put his shirt back on. Seth felt mesmerized by the water- he stalled, enjoying the tranquility with his jacket in his lap.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 03-29-2012, 02:51 AM

Michael waited until Seth was at the river before glancing at Ariel. "Do I really scare you Ari?" Ariel blinked and twirled her thumbs 'O-only when you start to sink!' She protests. "Why didn't you say anything?" He looked at his friend with slight concern then turned off the stove. 'Because I didn't drag your half-dead butt out of the woods to have you worry about my feelings you idiot!' She yelled before sending him through the open window of his tree house with her magic. Yes, she had anger issues as well.

Michael flew and landed face first into the grass got a mouth full of dirt before spitting it out and groaning. "Frickin' short tempered little girl's got some fire power." Luckily he wasn't actually injured.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 AM

Seth was startled by the sound of Michael landing on the ground away behind him. At first, he wasn't sure what it was, so he turned his view away from the river. Right when Seth realized what it was, he stood quickly and ran over to where the boy had fallen out of the tree house while putting his jacket on. It was warm out and the coldness of the river not only soothed his injury but it felt better overall. "Michael!" Seth called. "--What happened? Are you okay?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 AM

Michael slowly managed to sit up. "I asked Ariel if I scared her and if I did why didn't she tell me. She got all flustered and threw me out the frickin' window." He answered as he brushed himself off. "-and the only reason I gave you such a short answer as to why i'm living alone is because I only remember running 'til a keeled over, somehow met Ariel the same night, and haven't heard from my family since." He added in without knowing why he did with a quiet sigh.

[last post for the night <3]

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 AM

[[ Ah, alrighty. ^^ ]]

Seth tilted his head a bit. That Ariel girl seemed to have a lot of trouble up her sleeve. Somehow, Seth felt like he was to blame for a bit of it. When he heard Michael start talking about how he ended up living alone, Seth looked off into the woods, towards the direction his once-house existed. There were memories in the middle Seth's mind that were relative to the ones that began Michael's. He began to play them back in his head-

First, he was running for his life until he didn't remember much of anything until it blurred into.. 'It wasn't really a white-color, because it wasn't bright- but it wasn't dark, either.. It was just nothing.' Then, he was awake and Michael was in his life. Seth found it interesting that he met Michael in such an impacting way- really, that he met Michael at all. When Seth saw his house turned into a pure black blotchy block, he felt like he had lost almost everything, so he raged out in anger that such an event had happened. -That was because he had met Michael and his ghost-girl Ariel less than an hour earlier. Almost all of his contacts were gone. If he hadn't ran into the boy at the local market, Seth knew he would have collapsed right there and let emptiness take over his mind. When one's reason to live on is gone, they have no reason to live. Seth shuddered at the idea of Onyx spreading and taking him over. 'I'd succumb to it, too..' he thought.

Seth couldn't help but smile. He didn't mean to make it look like he was sadistically enjoying Michael's pain, but it was that moment- regardless of whether it was fortunately timed or not- in which Seth suddenly realized that he was grateful for meeting Michael. He offered his hand out to help the boy up. "It's okay, she's probably just moody- I think I get what you're going through."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM

Michael looked at Seth and took a hold of his hand and stood with the boy's help, almost completely oblivious to why he was smiling of a sudden. Then understood a little better with Seth's words; "I think I get what you're going through."

He released his hand and stretched away from him, so he wouldn't hit him be accident. "I will never understand girls..." Michael said quietly before glancing back at Seth. "Hey- do you need a place to stay?" He was offering if Seth did, considering he saw what happened to the boy's home.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

Seth smiled and stretched. He still felt a little airy, surely from minor blood loss, but he wasn't in as much pain. Seth looked up in the window of the tree house. "Neither will I," he stated, remembering Ariel originally try to talk to him but turn away in front of a crowd. Seth's eyes fixed on Michael when he was offered a place to stay. He put a hand on the back of his neck and looked off into the trees that surrounded them. The sick image of seeing his house suddenly black and dead made his stomach churn. "I really am homeless now, aren't I.." he muttered. Seth turned and looked back at Michael. "I guess I do- would you mind letting me stay here for a few days?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 PM

Michael chuckled a little when Seth agreed with him about never understanding girls the nodded to his question. "Stay as long as you'd like Seth." He answered with a kind smile, looking out into the distance and covering his eyes with an arm. 'Wonder if she's cooled off yet...'

'Michael~ how do you work the stove?' Ariel peeked out the window with a sweat drop and a sheepish grin. Michael blinked and stared at her for a moment before rushing to the house when he remembered the food. "Don't touch the stove, you might burn my house down!" He got in and quickly turned it off, swearing he already had but why was it on again?

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM

[[ xox If I disappear, it means my carpool ride showed up- I've got teacher-assistant classes for about three hours, then I'll be back. ^^' ]]

Seth felt relieved that he wouldn't be sleeping under trees in search for refuge. 'Well, at least not like that.' Seth smirked when he heard Ariel verbally announcing that, basically, she was trying to cook. He laughed softly at the idea of a treehouse catching fire. It was a wonder that the stove even made it inside. "Thank you," he said at last.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Michael sighed out a relief when he food hadn't been burned. He glanced at Seth through the window and smirked light before making a light gesture for the boy to come inside. Ariel laid on the bed on her belly, giggling to herself for no apparent reason, she just was for some reason. Probably because of Michael's reaction when she tried to work the stove. 'Michael's a house-wife~' She teased, making the boy in the kitchen semi-glare then shake it off and made two plates of the food he made and Ariel almost ruined.

[alrighty, good luck yume-chan <3]

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM

[[ Tys- as I pressed "send," my ride showed up. >o< Elementary kids are certainly something. ]]

Seth saw Michael's gesture and went to go inside himself. As he stepped through the door, he couldn't ignore Ariel's comment. Seth made his way to where the two were. "Michael, is there any way I can help?" He was definitely ready to crash. Seth could tell early-on into the day that every last drop of adrenaline had already exhausted his system, so he channeled his fuel from pain. Once the gauze soothed his side, Seth was literally out of energy. He had just enough strength to get in the tree house and move about, but there wasn't much more. 'I wonder what time it is,' he thought as he glanced around for some sort of clock.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 AM

Michael glanced at him. "Can you try eating something?" He answered with a question of mere concern, doubting the boy had eaten this morning. The only clock on the wall read eleven o'clock.

[yes, yes they are :3]

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 AM

Seth looked over at the stove, where Michael was obviously making magic in the kitchen. Seth looked down to his side where the gash had previously bled through- he wasn't sure if the gauze wrap was causing more good than bad. Then, he realized that he might just be tired because he'd gotten up way too early and never got the chance to eat anything. "I guess," he answered. Seth's gray eyes fixed forwards. He really hadn't done anything that day besides run for his life and sleep. 'And I'm still standing~' he thought happily. "It's worth a try, at least, right?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 AM

Michael smiled and handed him a plate with whatever he had cooked before grabbing his own and going to sit at the table. "I hope you like it." He says kindly.

[ http://www.onlinedating.org/wp-conte.../spaghetti.jpg ]

Last edited by Nova_Alchemist; 12-13-2012 at 11:24 PM..

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 02:10 AM

[[ Oh gosh- that link failed for a second because the last bracket got stuck in the code- said that I "404'd it." >o<;; Then I found the spaghetti, ^^' ]]

Seth enjoyed the warmth of the plat in his hands. It was a nice contradiction to his cool, damp clothing. He followed Michael over to the table and sat down also. "I'm sure it's amazing," Seth complimented.

There was probably never a time in Seth's life where he was any more correct than he was when he'd actually gotten to try some of it. Seth had to try his hardest not to devour the dish. Once he'd tasted it, his hunger kicked in and that alone nearly killed him. His mind cleared a little and he was able to discipline himself enough to eat normally like a civilized man. "Jesus, Michael- where did you learn to cook?" he asked in awe.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 AM

Michael stumbled over the question and swallowed the mouthful of noodles. "Honestly, I can't remember." He answered when did so.

[oppies ^^' sorry about that yume-chan]

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 02:39 AM

[[ Daijobu <;3 ]]

When Seth was finished with his own noodles, he turned his utensil upside-down to be polite. He felt his cheeks flush a little from embarrassment that he'd let himself get so starved throughout the day. "You learned well-- from whoever it was." Seth said, almost stuttering the last part. He clasped his hands together and smiled. "Again, I give you my thanks.." he added softly. Life was like a puzzle piece through time. Seth heard, straight from Ariel, that Michael was saved from death when Ariel helped him.. 'And now he's saved my life, too.' Seth thought. 'What a strange world we live in.'

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 AM

"Thank you." He said quietly. Michael could feel his cheeks warm up with Seth's second compliment and nodded, finishing his plate as well. "You're welcome Seth." He smiled kindly. Ariel yawned quietly and laid on her stomach to watch some t.v at a quiet volume level.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 03:19 AM

Seth was interrupted by the faint sound of a t.v. being played in the other room. Somehow, it didn't surprise him that Michael had cable. 'He already has everything else in this house..' Seth thought. He stood up and brought his plate to the sink- it was clear that there was some sort of running water as well. Living next to a river was the source of the ingenuity for Michael. Seth turned the water on low and rinsed his dish out before setting it on it's side to dry. "Mm.." he started to say as he looked around. "Michael, would you mind if I slept..? I know it's early, but.."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 AM

Michael glanced at him and shakes his head. "Not at all, you've had a pretty rough day." Ariel looked at Seth for a minute before making room so he could lay down and sleep for a bit.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 AM

Seth nodded to Michael yet again. "I owe you so much for your hospitality," he said to Michael. Seth really had worn out saying 'thank you,' so he decided to hold it in and repay through actions rather than words. Seth eyed Ariel cautiously. He wasn't afraid that she would bite or shock him- Seth would probably deserve whatever rage Ariel threw at him. However, Seth was worried about his injury. He didn't want to freak anyone out if his gauze failed. 'We'll play it by ear, then.' he decided. Seth took off his jacket, it was still somewhat damp- not ideal for sleeping. Then, he went to lie down on the edge of the bed next to Ariel--

Seth was out cold within moments of hitting a pillow. It was all he needed, and all he'd need for the next sixteen hours at least. He was so exhausted and so relieved to have found a place to exist without worrying about his lifeline.

[[ Should we timeskip? ]]

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 AM

[can you trigger it, please?]

Michael chuckled at how quickly Seth was out. He got up and started doing the building up dishes.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 04:08 AM

[[ Someday, we should write all of our role-plays down as books and publish them. That would be the coolest thing ever. Pre-P.S.; If the time-skip is too long/short, I can switch it back. ^^' (I can't think of a good time .x.;;) ]]

. . . ~ T i m e S k i p ~ . . .
Time: About 7pm the same day

Seth had been dreaming nearly the entire time he was asleep. Though he didn't toss or turn, he slept longer than he'd originally planned to because his mind kept getting cut out. Seth had already consciously wished that people weren't designed with an automatic chemical reaction that prevented movement during sleep, because Seth felt hopelessly trapped. Every so often, his injury would flare up a pain throughout his body. Since it was caused by an Onyx blade, it caused hallucinations instead of conscious pain. Seth was plagued by seemingly endless dreams of himself, now actually in the position of the white-winged angel, being tortured by the black-winged one and the darkness that surrounded the two. He could vividly remember seeing feathers and blood as well as hearing someone, most likely him, crying out. Finally, the dreams ended. Seth's gray eyes fluttered open and he found himself well-rested and full of strength. It was only his mind that was still broken. Seth looked at his surroundings, mainly searching for Michael.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-30-2012, 07:21 PM

[that would be awesome~ ^3^ we should totally do that :D]

Michael came out of the bathroom room with some clean jeans, no shirt and wet hair and was now using the towel to get the water out of his ears since he had just gotten out of the shower. Seth was just waking up and Ariel was nowhere to be found so he figured she must've left while he was in the shower.

He set the towel in a hamper and made his way over towards the living room where Seth was. "Have a good rest Seth?" He asked.

YumeBott
Dreamer

Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 PM

[[ ^^' Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, there is too much potential stored in these stories to let it go to waste.. A lot of my gamer-friends who play games that have in-game composer programs use 3MLE code to compose these beautiful pieces- I try to get those people to jot their ideas on paper. For those that write, such as in our role-plays- there are so many phenomenal stories that come from simply acting out on the spot. Really, all of these people- yourself included- should consider copyrighting masterpieces out of what you've created. <3 ]]

Seth hadn't realized that he'd clasped his hands over his chest while sleeping. He turned his head to the side and looked at Michael. It struck him immediately that Michael wasn't wearing a shirt. Seth's eyes darted away to the clock. It was getting late already. "I must have, considering I slept for eight hours.." He sat up and was reminded, with pain, that he'd most likely need to change his gauze sooner rather than later. Seth sighed. 'I'll freaking need stitches if this keeps up.' His mind was definitely clearer than it had been the rest of the day. His senses were sharp, like always, so he didn't feel the need to consciously put his guard up. If the time came, he would usually know what to do and be doing so before he realized what was happening. Thinking back to the gauze, Seth casually reached inside his jacket and placed a hand over where he'd been cut. It was only slightly damp- probably the best sign of the day. 'At least it's not bleeding as much, if it is at all anymore.'

Seth looked around back to Michael, but couldn't find his friend. "What have you two been up to all day?" he asked.