Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Tetsumiro

Old 12-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Theodore's bright smile remained as his hands were taken and he could feel the warmth. When Aidan let go, his smile softened but didn't fade away. "A small feat? You won't find anyone here with skills more than what you find on a farm. I wish I had something special like that--other than my ailments." The youth sighed out slowly and let his gaze follow towards the house, but with the sun beyond the horizon, he couldn't see a single thing anymore.

"Mother will get worried if I'm out much longer now that the sun is gone. You'll have to light the candles and lanterns in the house.. I can't see to do it now."

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:01 PM

"You're a lot special than you think," Aidan responded before thinking. He paused, flushing some, unsure of what spurred him to say that.

With a quick nod, he touched Theodore's shoulder to help guide him back to the house. His eyes skimmed through the room for the candles. Lighting them with a brief gesture of his hand, he parted from Theo's side to illuminate the lanterns.

"What do you do at night?" Aidan was unfamiliar of events beyond celebrations continuing from the daylight hours.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:12 PM

Blushing slightly, Theo walked back inside with the man, blinking a few times when he was able to see once again, the light taking a moment to get used to. "Ah.. Well, we set the table and wait for father to return for dinner. After dinner we dance, if mother and father don't have something urgent to talk about and don't shoo me away." He chuckled softly, smiling more once again. "If you want though, you're able to rest after dinner." He added gently, going to get plates and utinsils to set the table for four people, getting glasses and setting a jug of water and a jug of milk on the table. As his mother finished the stew and vegetables she'd made, he helped to get the plate of corn on the table as well as the bread and the pot of stew.

"I hope you don't mind eating the same thing each night. We don't have much money so this is really all we eat while the others are away."

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:18 PM

"It smells really good," he said softly, watching him. "I don't mind at all." The roll from earlier had not sustained him and a growl was emitted from his gut.

The mention of money and the jingle of the coins in his pocket reminded him. "My services aren't worth much. Would contributions help?" Aidan took out the pouch and offered it to Theodore's mother. "I can find work too. You all are being so generous for allowing a stranger stay with you."

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:34 PM

Theo's mother smiled and waved her hand for him to put it back when she heard the sound of coins. "Keep your money, child. When my husband arrives, if you still feel so in debt then speak with him. I'm sure you two will come to some sort of arrangement." She replied.

Theodore leaned closer to Aidan with a smile to speak quietly. "By the way, her name's Colleen. And my father is Burnard. He's a very happy, hands on man. He'll probably give you a bear hug upon arrival" He whispered with a chuckle, the door opening.

In walked a tall, large burly man, dark brown hair that was a bit long, pulled into a tail at the base of his neck and it reached the center of his shoulder blades. He brightly exclaimed that he was home, pulling Colleen into a hug that lifted her right off of the ground with a kiss.

"He had a -very- good day." Theo whispered with a giggle to Aidan, squeaking when he was suddenly picked up next and twirled. "Ah! Father, if you keep treating me like a daughter, I'm going to go find a witch to really turn me into one!" He laughed, and stumbled a little when he was set down on the other side of the man.

"Well, at least if you were a woman we could find you a good husband!" He said with a deep, hearty laugh, patting little Theo on the shoulder.

Next, Burnard turned to see a new face. "Ah! And who's this? I've never seen you around before." He rubbed his fingers through his scruffy beard in thought.

"That's Aidan, father. I ran into him at the bakery and he needed a place to stay." He hardly had a chance to finish before his father had lifted Aidan right up in another bear hug, dropping him back to his feet after a moment, saying "Welcome to the family" with another hearty laugh, patting his shoulder as well.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 PM

Aidan couldn't help but smile at the immense display of friendliness. For a moment, he felt like a child again being tossed up in the air by his father.

"Thank you, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you." He was ready to repeat the offer to Burnard, feeling the need to not exploit the generous family. The coin purse at hand, he extended it. "I'm grateful for your welcome. I do feel, however, that my simple chores won't be enough. If I may, would you accept payment in return for the lodging?"

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:53 PM

"Call me Burnard." He replied with a chuckle, blinking a few times at the man's offer. His hand came up to twirl his fingers in some of the curls of his shorter beard. "Mmh... Payment hmm? I suppose, however... I would much prefer you found work. Keep your pouch of coin for now, boy. When you find work, give half your pay to Colleen." He gestured gently to his wife. Deal?" He held his hand out to shake the boy's, making no move to take the offered coins.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 PM

Aidan shook it after pocketing the pouch and nodded. "Okay, Burnard." He paused thoughtfully. "I don't have many skills. Would it be much to ask for some assistance in either gaining some to be a suitable worker or to find work?"

He didn't want to feel discouraged. From the looks of the expanse of the city, he wouldn't even know where to begin.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 12:07 AM

Burnard laughed and nodded. "I'm sure Theodore could help you with that. He knows many of the people out in the city, and he knows who's hiring. You two should go take a look tomorrow and see what you can find. If it takes training little Theo can't manage, then I'll teach you at night." He said, chuckling and he reached to pat Aidan's back and lead him to the table. "Take a seat, take a seat. Dinner smells good, we must eat before it grows wings and flies away!" He gave that hearty laugh again, ruffling some of Theo's hair as he moved to sit beside his wife. "Serve yourselves." He replied, reaching to put food on both he and Collen's plates so she wouldn't have to reach across the hot pot and risk burning herself while serving.

Theo tossed two rolls of bread to his father for them, picking one up for himself and hunting down one of the little jars of butter. It was home made and he'd jarred them himself with his mother. "Want some corn?" He asked Aidan as he reached over to get some for himself, pausing in wait for the man's answer so he might grab another one.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Thanking them, he had a seat. He allowed the family to serve themselves first before he moved to fill his plate with his share. Nodding, he accepted the corn. Once the plate was neatly arranged, he clasped his hands together to say a silent gesture of thanks.

Filling his mouth with the hearty meal, he couldn't help but wonder where the rest of the family was. He looked at Theodore and inquired where his brothers were.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Swallowing a bite of the stew, Theodore smiled. "Oh? My brothers are all out in the fields. They stay there two weeks out of every month for work and come home for the other two. They should be back in a day or two." He replied, taking a bite of his roll--the only thing left on his plate now. He'd been very hungry after running around all day.

When dinner was over, they put the dishes away and they were washed up. Burnard pushed all the furniture in the living room against the walls and a couple things down the corridor before going upstairs to fetch his fiddle. The man cheerfully moved to sit down and gesturing for Aidan to sit beside him as Theo lead his mother to the center of the room. Once the larger man began to play on his fiddle, Theo lead his mother in a festive dance, a dance between a man and a woman--it wasn't allowed in the city, but in the privacy of their home they weren't afraid to do it.

In the city traditions were still strong, and a man and a women were never to dance with eachother--now, many still went against this, especially those who got to go out of the city and see the rest of the world and all the different dances out there like Theodore's father had and all his brothers. Dancing made his mother laugh and that was mainly why they did it--it was fun and she enjoyed every moment. She didn't look it, but Colleen was very ill and unfortunately their doctor didn't think there was anything more they could do for her.

"Aidan! Want to join us?" He asked, and Colleen shifted to let go of Theo's hands, walking towards the music to find Aidan and pull him from the seat so he might dance with her now.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 12:55 AM

He found the meal quite delicious and filling. He didn't realize how much the journey here had worn him out.

"Sure," Aidan smiled and rose to his feet. He was unfamiliar of the dance they performed, but he was willing to try it. It appeared to be more intimate than he was used to. Taking her hands, he mimicked the steps he had watched Theodore move with. He missed the beat twice before he moved with ease.

Dances at Caer Elise were entertaining, but he had never seen partners laugh as joyfully as the family did. A smile stayed on Aidan's face throughout the night.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 AM

They danced late into the night until Burnard knew if they stayed up much later not a one of them would want to get up the next morning. He stopped playing after one last song, Theo grabbing Aidan to dance this time.

When the day was over, they headed upstairs to bed after putting everything back in it's place, and Theo began to crawl into the bunk above his own since Aidan was using it, groping blindly for the ladder up but managing on his own despite it being to dark for him to see. "Did.. you enjoy today?" He asked softly of the man, reaching to find the edge of the bed where the wooden rail was only to miss it with a cry and go toppling over. "Yeek!"

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:10 AM

"I did---"

Aidan quickly rose to grasp him, only to fall back on the bed, holding him close. "Are you okay?" He rubbed his back. With their chests pressed against one another, he could feel his heart race.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:15 AM

Theo grabbed onto Aidan when he was caught, his chest pounding from the fight he'd had. "I-I'm sorry--" He gasped out, nodding and he pressed his forehead down against the man's shoulder. "I'm o-okay, I didn't hurt you, did I?" He squeaked out, unmoving from Aidan's grasp, his fingers twisting into the man's shirt a bit-he'd been so scared when he'd realized he'd missed the railing.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 AM

"Not at all," he whispered. As his hand rubbed his back, he fingered through his hair.

"Take the bottom bunk, okay? You have to be careful." Aidan touched his head, finding him so frail and so delicate. The need to care for him, to protect him began to be established within him.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:24 AM

Theo nodded, his hold still on the man firmly. "Please.. don't leave me. Stay in this one.." He didn't want to be left alone after that scare but he wouldn't admit it. "A-after all.. I can't catch you if you fall too." He whispered, starting to calm down and relax against Aidan, his rubbing and idle touches soothing to the youth.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:33 AM

He nodded in response. "Alright," he responded in a whisper to his ear. His eyes closed slowly as sleep consumed his consciousness, his arms still around Theo.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:38 AM

Theo was asleep in Aidan's hold almost immediately, his grasp on his clothes releasing as his body relaxed and he fell into a deep sleep.

When the sun was up enough to see, Theodore began to stir. He shifted and moved to try and get up, rubbing at his eyes groggily and blushed when he realized they'd shared the bed. There was something about Aidan that just made little Theo fluster with him so close, like a young girl! He felt so embarrassed over some much now.

"A-Aidan.. It's time to get up--If we want to find anything for you, we best start bright and early."

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 07:53 AM

In an almost childlike manner, Aidan moved his arms from Theo and brought his hands close to himself, clutching them. Once he relaxed, he opened his eyes. "Hm...?"

He was somewhat disoriented. After the nights of sleeping on grass to be awaken by the moisture from the dew, the bed was a comforting change.

His eyes met Theodore's and the past day's occurrences returned to him. "Ah...right...." He sat up, wondering if he had harmed him at all during the night. Did he steal the blankets? Press him against the wall? Aidan swallowed and rose out of bed, adjusting his clothes.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 08:04 AM

Theodore got up after a moment to stretch and let his hair down again, brushing it out before he pulled it back once again. He smiled up at Aidan again and dusted himself off a bit. "Did you sleep well? I'm sorry I made you share with me, I'm such a baby sometimes." He stated, fidgeting a bit where he stood.

"We'll pick something up for breakfast during our search." He added after a moment, moving to start down the stairs and head outside with a "good morning" to his mother. His father was outside getting the cart ready to head out for the day delivering milk--he'd long been up to milk the cows.

"Well, Good morning there! Give me a moment and I'll take you both right to the market. Just hop on the back of the cart." He stated, patting the back of it where it was empty--most of the cartons of milk towards the front of it, a mule pulling it. Theo didn't have to climb in, his father lifting him right up in a bear hug and setting him in it, gesturing for Aidan to climb in as well, chuckling.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM

Feeling through his hair, he nodded. "I did. It's no problem at all. I don't mind." A warm body was nothing new.

Aidan greeted Colleen and Burnard with a smile. He looked at the milk cartons, surprised by the containers. Later he would ask Theodore how Burnard obtained the milk. Hopping on, he sat by Theo.

"Can the mule really carry all of us?" It looked nothing like the massive horses that carried knights and lords he was used to seeing.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 08:56 AM

"Oh yeah." Burnard gave a deep chuckle and took hold of the lead. "This here's a pack mule. He's used to heavy loads, don't worry a bit, boy." He patted the mule's side and they started off down the road, walking ahead of them.

He hummed as they headed down to the market, and once they were at the first shop, he stopped and lifted Theo right out and set him on the ground before climbing in himself once Aidan was out. As the shop keeps came out, he lifted a heavy jug and poured it into the containers they brought--one to each person and they conversed about the world events.

"Well, this is our stop, Aidan. We'll start around here and work our way down. How do you do with the sight of blood?" He asked curiously.

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 AM

"I've seen a melee," Aidan said. "I don't mind blood. What kind of job would involve it?"

His sapphire blue eyes drifted from the different booths and tables in the market. Cheeks flushed when his stomach announced its discontent. He was willing to treat Theodore.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 AM

"O-oh--" Theo looked a little startled by that--that would have been a horrible thing to see. "Ah, the butcher was looking for some help, but with most of the younger men working out in the fields all the time, there aren't many who are fit for the job. I'm not strong enough, nor do I have the stomach for it." Not to mention his poor sight. He couldn't do most work because of this, which was why he lingered home with his mother most days.

He chuckled at the sound of Aidan's stomach, leading him along. "I know of a good place for breakfast, and as luck would have it, the butcher's is not far from it!" He lead him away from the market a bit and they could indeed see where the butcher's shop was as they approached a bar of sorts. "The woman of this bar makes a very good breakfast sandwich. After we eat we can go inquire about a job for you." He said, holding the door a moment for Aidan to head in before him. "Let's sit at the bar." Once they were settled a woman called over to them from her morning cleaning.

"What can I get you boys?" Which got a reply from Theo for the sandwich and milk, though he allowed Aidan to speak for himself should he prefer something else.