(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Good morning.
How is everyone today?

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Alright, now that I'm awake and all that jazz, entries are up! We need more people to join!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM

for the valentines one... does it have to be the hallmark version? what it is based on version? or how i feel about the day version?

Seiki Nova

Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 PM

Just so long as it's Valentine's Day themed. I don't care if that's giddy pink or anti-valentine's.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-18-2013, 11:26 PM

kk, working on it now

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 PM

Are we allowed to use the DAC for this challenge? Normally I'm not a fan of doing that but I just splurged on a ton of items for my current avi and I won't have the funds to make something suitable otherwise.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
I just don't like limiting myself to computing in one space. I take my computer with me to class, around the house, to friend's places, coffee shops, book stores, etc. It's so convenient having my computer!

Thank you. It's for Project Mene. Cora took over (I don't know if you know this >>), and she's doing a back to basics theme where she is making all the challenges be challenges from past cycles. This one is the Play-Doh challenge.

Su, I've been thinking while I was at work tonight that Thrift shop ought to be Cherry Who?:'s anthem. She loves a good thrift shop!

Shadami and BBR, welcome welcome! Make yourself comfy! <3

Cherry, maybe BBR will share her pillow fort with you? No need to resort to creepy spiders!

Shadami, ah, another entry! Now I really have to update entries xP Will do when I wake up later. Its 530 in the morning and I just got home from working a graveyard shift at work. I'm planning on sleeping all day haha!
Well, I don't really go anywhere to justify a large purchase like that. I'm either in class or here. and browsing the web during class would distract me and be very bad for me. So I just look longingly at my bed from my computer chair.

Yeah, I know Cora took over, silly. I didn't know it had started, though. I've kinda been in my own little world lately. It's bubble-like and a little cloudy.

What's my anthem now? Whozza?

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Seridano, you can use the DAC. I don't mind :)

Cherry, It can be quite a distraction, but I tend to not pay attention in lecture classes anyways, just on principle. Most teachers that I've experienced never really teach us anything so I teach myself by reading the textbooks and the powerpoints that the teachers post on Blackboard.

I was just checking. We haven't seen you there lately.

Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. It's the song that Suona posted on the first page.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the prompt reply, Seiki!
I shall get to work on an entry shortly.

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM

No prob! :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM

Seiki's VDAY Jubilee Avatar Contest Entry!

Username:shadami
Contest Number: 2: valentines
Chocolate Type (Applicable only to Contest #1):
Description (not necessary): Nothing in the love department ever goes right for this girl on Valentines day. Some years.... her 'loves' push a little to hard, and she keeps them in a special place to have forever. . . That way they can never screw up again.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Su, I've been thinking while I was at work tonight that Thrift shop ought to be Cherry Who?:'s anthem. She loves a good thrift shop!
Oh-ho. Yes, it should be!
Who doesn't love a good thrift shop? I'm down for some nice bargains anytime.

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 AM

Sha, added! :D

Su, I don't remember the last time I went thrift shopping actually. I went to an antique store the other day with a friend because she was looking for a vintage perfume bottle, but I didn't actually look around or go shopping.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM

Yay! I'm glad you liked it :D (aka counted for the contest)

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2013, 05:05 AM

I did! I actually think your current outfit is really cute as well! It's so simple but it isn't boring. I love the pirate purple. We need more items in that color. And uh.. other colors haha.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 AM

Emerald..i want more emerald >.>

I like simple and interesting :] I've been failing at it lately. SO i'm glad its finally kicking back in!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM

@ Seiki - You have much more control than I do. lol
I love antique stores. I find them fascinating. I usually don't buy anything, though, because they're generally rather expensive, and I don't really have a need for anything in there.

I haven't gone shopping at a thrift store in awhile, though, but that's because where i'm living now doesn't really have any good thrift stores around. :( It bums me out.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 AM

@ Suona ~ The area you live in doesn't have any thrift shops? The county I live in has several antique shops (one I won't step foot in) & at least 3 or 4 thrift shops.

Seiki Nova

Old 02-19-2013, 05:36 AM

There's only one thrift store in my city, and it's just a regular old Goodwill. It's nice, but because I live in what is essentially a retirement community, there aren't a lot of great things in there for people my age. If I'm lucky, I can find one or two things that I like on any given trip.

That's why I didn't look around. Antiques are killer on the wallet. I can't afford to go antiquing right now :(

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 AM

@ Damia - It has some, but any of the ones that I've been into just suck. There isn't any good stuff, and they're pretty small.

@ Sei - Aaah. Yeah, I haven't had as much luck with Goodwill's. Generally not fond of what they have. I do like the Salvation Army stores that I've been into, though.

Right? So many cool old stuff, but crazy pricey.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM

Some of the ones we have aren't good, but there is a Goodwill about 20 minutes away that usually has some good stuff in it. They usually have a lot of books that either me or my husband like to read.
I've even found manga in that one, but never in any of the other ones around us.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 AM

good luck, Dami!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM

I think that the only thing I got from the Goodwill closest to us is some cookbooks. Everything else was pretty much straight up junk. Oh, and maybe a little dress for a swimsuit cover.

Ooh. Not too often do you find mangas at thrift stores. I see them in used book stores sometimes, though.

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM

I love a good avatar contest. just might join up

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM

Something like 30% of what I own is from a thrift shop, I think. Yeah, the majority of the stuff at any given goodwill is junk, but there's good stuff buried in there, and it's crazy cheap. Some people don't have the patience to look, but I see it like a treasure hunt. Just looking around me right now, I counted 51 things I got from thrift shops. Not counting flea markets or stuff I got second hand online. And I can't see the contents of my closet from here, so it doesn't include that, either.

Generally, if you walk into a thrift store and you only see nice things, it's not a thrift store, it's a consignment boutique. Consignment boutique = hella 'spensive. Gotta be willing to dig if you want good prices!