Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-04-2016, 10:06 PM

"I know I'm not ready," Jae said, "That's why I don't want to meet them yet. It's not so much about not wanting my soulmate, it's that I can't see myself taking that type of commitment or responsibility seriously yet. I'm still young, and I work so much, any free time I do have is spent running on courses or at bars like this. I don't want to settle down," Jae said, tone suddenly serious, which she could probably blame on how the alcohol was settling in her system.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-04-2016, 10:46 PM

Misty dropped her cheek against the palm of her hand, pouting hard. "Ah man, this conversation got serious way too quick. I just want to have some fun tonight!" She downed the rest of her drink in one gulp and shoved back her chair. "I'm gonna get another. Anyone else want a refill?" she asked, her face brightening into its usual grin again. Especially on nights like this, after a show, she couldn't bear to be serious for long.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-04-2016, 11:17 PM

"Sorry, alcohol makes me thinky," Jae said a little sheepishly, when a few people raised there hands for a refill, Jae stood up, "I'll come with you, we should be able to carry all the drinks together." she followed Misty toward the bar. "So whose friends are more normal?" she asked as the two waited for the drinks to be made.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2016, 12:35 AM

Misty nodded and welcomed the help. The two of them worked their way back to the bar and did the orders before settling back again. "Oh, I suppose it's about the same. But I'm sure you're real fond of your friends the same as I am. They're annoying, but I kinda love them, ya know." She chuckled a bit to herself, thinking of those unreasonable fond feelings. "But anyway, this has been fun. We should exchange numbers and hang out sometime."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-05-2016, 01:45 AM

"Love them as much as I hate them," Jae agreed, grinning widely at Misty. "Yes, let's definitely exchange phone numbers. It's become a bit too much of a boys club for me lately. Can you believe it? Three friends, every single one of their mates, guys. What are the odds?" she shook her head, before pulling out her phone to hand to Misty.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Misty typed in her digits with a smile and a shake of her head. "That's just too rough. Girls got to stick together. Me, I bet at least one of my friends will end up with a gal. Call it intuition or whatever, but that's my theory. Here." She handed the phone back just before the first couple of their drinks showed up. "Text me so I can have your number too. I'll take these back to the table, kay."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-11-2016, 04:19 AM

"I think at this point, I'm hoping my mate is female. We don't need another guy in our group. Me and Naoko are already horribly outnumbered." she chuckled at the thought, not that stopped her or Naoko from ruling the roost or putting the boys in their places when they needed it. She sent Misty a quick text, with a winky face.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-11-2016, 05:29 PM

Misty looked at the message when she got to the table and passed out the drinks. Chuckling behind her hand, she quickly slipped her phone back into the little clutch she carried. "Really?" she asked when Jae got back to the table as well. "Maybe you're right though. I've got the feeling it's a gal for me too. Intuition again. And normally, I'm right!" So far she had been anyway, though most of her theories had yet to come to pass. At least she could say no matter what others said to them, she still knew the band would do amazing things.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-12-2016, 06:47 PM

Grey turned to look at Misty, squinting as she said that, what intuition? All she ever did was make wild guesses that so far pretty much none of have come true. "What are you talking about Misty? The only thing you were ever right about is we were gonna be great friends and that's down more to your own stubbornness than anything else."

Jae chuckled, glad the boy was starting to speak. She smiled at him, "Oh really, is she always making guesses like this, and nothing come to pass?" she turned to Misty, "Endless optimism?" she asked, a laugh in her voice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 08:31 PM

"H-hey!" Misty exclaimed, her eyes going wide as she turned to Grey. "Don't betray me like that! You don't know all my theories won't come true, just because they haven't yet!" She huffed and crossed her arms before turning back to Jae. Normally she could count on Grey to be her loyal friend, but she looked to the other girl for support against him now. "It's not optimism if it turns out true, right?" Though secretly, she felt quite warm at Grey's comment over their friendship.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-12-2016, 10:25 PM

"I think until it turns out true, it can only be categorized as optimism" Jae said, smirking growing wider. She liked this girl, and she definitely wanted to get to be friends with her. "I mean it's certainly not any sort of realism, nor is it pessimism. But it's not pessimism, nor is it apparently accurate." she teased.

Grey nodded in agreement, but didn't say anything, and the other three at the table were pretty much immersed in their own conversation, so not really noticing the exchange going on.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-12-2016, 11:12 PM

Misty leaned back in her chair growling at the ceiling in a rather dramatic sort of way. "You two are insufferable! I should just go hang with Jonah if I'm gonna be teased. At least he'll dance with me," she threatened. Although, it wasn't like the blue haired man enjoyed such dances. But that did make it fun. She pulled her phone out again and checked the messages, a bit surprised to see none. Her mock anger dissipating, she sighed and muttered under her breath. "Probably for the best. She should be sleeping now anyway..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-14-2016, 04:05 AM

"Well, if you wanted to dance, why didn't you just say," Jae said, chuckling slightly, "I actually like dancing sometimes, but don't get the chance much cuz these goofs never want to." She ignored the comment that Misty muttered, not even really fully hearing it do to the loudness in the club, besides, it wasn't her business if she just met the girl.

Grey however, sighed, and whispered in Misty's ear, having heard and knew what she was checking for, "You know your sister will pester you with a million questions about how the show went tomorrow. She always does."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-15-2016, 06:58 PM

"Thanks. I know," Misty murmured back to Grey. "She just has so much faith." Maybe at times more faith than Misty had in the band. But that was the power of childhood after all. Turning to Jae, she offered a bright smile. The mention of dancing brightened her up immediately.

"Oh, you like to dance too? Well, I hope you don't mind if I steal you for a bit. These louts aren't good for it at all!" She pushed back her chair again and gulped her drink before offering a hand to Jae. Even if she had work tomorrow morning, she still wanted to enjoy the rest of this night to the fullest. Tomorrow could be worried about tomorrow.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-17-2016, 05:19 AM

"Oh let's go then," Jae grinned, stepping out, taking Misty's hand, and following her towards the dance floor, "Let's show these boys just what they're missing out on, huh?" The song playing was a faster one with a definite club beat, so Jae situated them so they were facing each other and looped her arms casually around Misty's neck. She smiled at her, as she started moving to the beat.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2016, 02:52 AM

Misty's grin bordered on a smirk as the two of them pulled away to the dance floor. Oh yeah, they would show those boys. Together, they danced through multiple songs, the throng of other dancing bodies keeping them far too close for most people's comfort. Misty thrived on it though, throwing her head back with a grin as she danced. Somehow, the beat and motion energized her after a long day rather than tiring her.

The two of them danced until they couldn't bear it anymore and Jonah found them, saying Raz struck out with no less than five girls and was ready to go home. She bid her farewell, reminding Jae to keep in contact. It was a good night, but it also felt good to head home. Outside in the cool night air, her hair clung to the sweat on her face and neck. She looked at the stars just peeking out past the city lights.

"See you all next week?" Raz asked.

Misty snapped her head over to him. "Yeah. You can count on it!" With that, she headed to her own little white car so she could pass out some time before the sun rose.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-19-2016, 02:46 AM

A week later, Jae was back at the bar after Misty had asked her to come and watch them perform. Jae found she couldn't resist the invitation so ended up dragging Elliot and his mates along with her, not really liking to hang out at bars alone, result in too many people hitting on her, which might result in her hitting someone. The boys were a good buffer. She'd had a long work week, but even though she was tired she felt excited at the prospect of seeing Misty and her band again.

The four of them arrived at the bar somewhat early, hoping to guarantee that they could lay claim to a table and not end up standing throughout the show. As such, when they showed up to the bar, the crowd was just beginning to form and music was being piped in through the speakers rather than a live band playing at the moment.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-19-2016, 05:41 PM

Just before the show would start, the band sat together at a table. It was quiet at the bar, not yet full of the rowdy types that would come out when the live music started. Since they'd been popular here before, they got invited back and it made Misty glow where she sat sideways in her chair, one booted foot up in the chair next to her. Jonah looked cool as ever, but Raz shared her enthusiasm. He could barely shut up at their last practice yesterday.

Now, their equipment sat on the stage, not yet ready for the show. Misty texted Jae last night too. Would she come? Was she here already? Misty didn't see her, but she only spared a second to look. In reality, she like the rest of her band, was focused on the upcoming show.

"Well guys, it's about time we get out there. Do your best, kay. Fist bump for luck," Jonah started as he finished off his glass of water. Holding out his fist, he initiated their pre-show ritual. Misty held out her fist too. She really did hope Jae was out there somewhere.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 PM

Grey held out his fist to bump with his band mates, and allowed himself to start slipping towards his on stage persona, they were a rock band after all and he couldn't look shrunken in on himself on stage. But mostly he was still himself. He was so glad to be invited back to the bar. He'd enjoyed last week and honestly this bar was nicer than other ones they played in, so he hoped this would be a continuing trend.

Elliot looked out as the band stepped out on the stage, "Ah look, Jae, it's your new girlfriend," he commented, knowing it'd get a rise out of his friend. He set with his hand resting on Erik's knee, happy to be out with his mates and friend, but also wondering how Jae had become such fast friends with the girl in Fruit Cocktail.

Jae spluttered for a second before growling, "Just because the rest of you are sappy." And it's not like she and Misty had texted a ton during the week. Just some, but Jae had had a busy week at work and barely looked at her phone most days, much less actually took the time to start conversations.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-22-2016, 11:20 PM

Erik grinned and and Javier cackled behind his hand. Lately the three of them had been busy, mostly all at different times, so it made it hard to go anywhere altogether. And honestly, it didn't matter where they went since it was them. Alcohol certainly topped the list though.

"Hm yeah, they'd be cute girlfriends wouldn't they," Javier commented as he watched the members of Fruit Cocktail take their places on the stage. As the only female in the group, it was no trouble picking out Misty. He leaned over, stealing a drink from Elliot's glass before looking away again like he didn't do a thing. After a few words, the drummer tapped out a starting count.

Erik still had his attention on Jae though. Honestly, he didn't care for rock music, but he wouldn't pass up an opportunity to come here either. It was too fun. "We can always lend you our services if you want to find out, soulmate or not. We've just about perfected our compass." The grin only widened on his face. "For a fee of twenty dollars of course."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-23-2016, 12:36 AM

"Hey!" Elliot exclaimed, smacking Javier lightly on the head, "You have your own drink, drink that and not mine," he grumbled, though he was honestly teasing as after smacking him his hand smoothed over Javier's hair for a second, ruffling it a little.

Jae glared at Erik, "No way, I still don't know how that bullshit worked for you. I think it was just dumb luck. And really I do not want to know, on the off chance it did work just no. Also, shouldn't I get some friend of soulmate free usage type thing or something? So greedy" she said, sticking her tongue out at the last bit.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 AM

Javier pouted and grumbled under his breath, but went back to his own drink. Next chance though, he'd get Erik's even if they drank the same beer. Stealing was the important face here and like a school girl, he giggled at the thought of an indirect kiss. Or rather, at Erik's reaction to it.

Sensing the usual stupidity going on, Erik made sure to turn his back fully to his mates. "Hey, hey now. That is my discount. Normally I'd charge fifty dollars," he informed Jae. Or at least, he would if someone showed interest in his product. It was the friends discount because he could only try to sell to friends. Still, his smile went soft as he looked over his shoulder at Elliot and Javier. "But I assure you, it does work."

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-23-2016 at 02:47 AM..

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-23-2016, 01:44 AM

Elliot squinted at Javier when he giggled, completely certain his mate was up to something stupid, though when wasn't he. He turned to face Javier fully, trying to decide if he needed to stop the other or if he could let him be. He turned Javier's head toward him with a hand on his chin, "What are you up to?"

Jae rolled her eyes,"Of course it is, and I think your certainty in it's accuracy makes me want to use it even less. I'll do things the old fashioned way, thank you very much."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 AM

Javier's eyes went wide as his laughter stopped in a single moment. "Ah...um..." he stammered, unable to look away from Elliot's gaze. "I was just thinking how hilarious Erik's face would be if I stole some of his drink and called it an indirect kiss." And of course, the sip he stole from Elliot too, but that wasn't what got him laughing. For some reason, he couldn't dodge answering though and ended up telling the straight truth.

Erik shrugged and turned away again, dismissing Jae with a wave. "Fine then. Just let me know how that works for you. At least pay attention when your girlfriend is playing." He switched his attention to Elliot and Javier who appeared to have gotten themselves into something interesting. Slinging one arm over Elliot's shoulders, he leaned in close with a grin. "Am I missing on on anything here?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 AM

Elliot leaned back into Erik, smirking at having caught Javier off guard; it was one of his favorite things to do with his mates, "Oh you know, your mate was just planning on flustering you, nothing out of the normal," he chuckled, eyes twinkling as he shifted to see Erik's face. He hadn't really released Javier's chin while doing this, instead just kinda stroking his thumb up and down Javier's jaw.

"Not my girlfriend, Jae mumbled before faking a gag as she saw the scene that was developing at their table, "Ok, I am out of here, I do not need to be subjected to this." With that, she stood and moved closer towards the stage, the bar was just started to get crowded, but she was able to push her way towards the stage pretty easily, maybe Misty would see her while playing.