View Poll Results: Do you answer polls just to answer them?
yes :oops: 2 40.00%
no, of course not! I really care about your thread! :yes: 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Punk, like most kitties his age, isn't overly clever but full of energy.

It was fall and so it was time to pounce some leaves. Bounding through the drifts and being distracted by one moving leaf after another, Punk suddenly notices a large black kitty that he appears to be standing on. Looking confused, Punk began to walk away, noticing that each time he did the black kitty came right with him.

Punk reached over and tried to hold the kitty down, to command it to stay put before he began to hop and bound after more leaves. After only a few pounces though, he noticed the darn black kitty was still right there next to him, the black kitties feet touching his own feet!

He was getting annoyed as each time he attempted to command the strange flat kitty to remain behind, the kitty kept following him anyway, keeping exactly in step with his every move.

Just then a cloud swept across the sun traveling at it's own speed high in the sky blotting out the sunlight.

AH! Relief at last! Not only was the black cat not following him anymore, but he seemed to have left entirely.

Punk turned back to his sport of chasing the leaves only to begin to miss that strange black kitty. Soon, the cloud flitted away from in front of the sun and Punk's shadow was once more attached to his feet. Punk was so delighted that he forgot all about the leaf he had been chasing.

Punk loved the games he would play with the black kitty who always seemed able to dance away from being tackled each time. By that evening when the sun was below the horizon and Punk's shadow had grown first longer, then thinner, then softer, then gone, Punk crawled into his bed hoping that the black kitty would be able to come out and play again tomorrow.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 PM

Oh Crazy, this is so cute! I love it. :lol: My cat chases her shadow ALL the time and she just doesn't understand why she can't catch it. :lol: Such a cute story, good job. ^_^

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM

I... can't actually think of any criticism that would help improve this. It made me laugh since its so cute. I also very much miss having a kitten around and watching them do things like that. I just really like this one. It's short, sweet, and poetic. Doesn't have any errors that I can personally pick out, and I didn't notice any flow issues either. (for at least how i read things)

Really well done Crazy. :D

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 01-27-2012, 11:38 PM

:oops: thanks guys! :)

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 01-28-2012, 06:20 AM

Aww... so adorable! OwO That's all I can say, I don't see anything that could be made better.

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 01-28-2012, 06:45 PM

thank you so much.

it's really based upon my kitty and a few days after all of this happened one of our stray black cats decided to be Punk's shadow for real. needless to say we named him Shadow. and Shadow literally acts like he is taped to Punk sometimes, which will annoy Punk who will turn around and put his paw on Shadow's forehead and stare at him and then turn to walk away and Shadow gets up and starts the same thing. then Punk turns around and puts his hand on Shadow's forehead and it just keeps happening! they keep us laughing for hours.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Lol that's so cute.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-30-2012, 01:17 AM

awww that's adorable too. xD i would love to have kittens again :D And i'm moving so i might be able too!!